Skip to content

Wide recievers

The Browns Board
28 13 632
  • Im not sold gotdon is a long term answer. If theres a tall fast freak with good gands in the draft, hard to pass on that

  • Im not sold gotdon is a long term answer. If theres a tall fast freak with good gands in the draft, hard to pass on that

    @clevfan4life said:

    If theres a tall fast freak with good gands in the draft, hard to pass on that

    Not completely sold on the hands, but the LSU kid, Clark, checks the other boxes. Tad on the skinny side tho...

    Given their seemingly continuous QB woes tho, it's tough to gauge LSU WRs.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    If theres a tall fast freak with good gands in the draft, hard to pass on that

    Not completely sold on the hands, but the LSU kid, Clark, checks the other boxes. Tad on the skinny side tho...

    Given their seemingly continuous QB woes tho, it's tough to gauge LSU WRs.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not completely sold on the hands, but the LSU kid, Clark, checks the other boxes. Tad on the skinny side tho...

    Given their seemingly continuous QB woes tho, it's tough to gauge LSU WRs.

    If pryors willing to come back next season like i heard he might be, than gordons really got to show something or i consider him trade bait.

  • I can't wait to see what we offer Pryor this time... 😮

    Sashi: Here it is... $4mm year one; $5mm year two with a team option for year three at $6.

    TP: Hue! You know I'm worth more than that! Where's the 7-8-9 we were talkin'?

    Hue: What can I say son... you phucked up.

  • So do scrap the receivers we drafted last couple of years?  Who do you want to keep?  

  • We give prior 2 mill a year.  4 years.  We offered him more money and he walked.

  • I can't wait to see what we offer Pryor this time... 😮

    Sashi: Here it is... $4mm year one; $5mm year two with a team option for year three at $6.

    TP: Hue! You know I'm worth more than that! Where's the 7-8-9 we were talkin'?

    Hue: What can I say son... you phucked up.

    Geez, Mike.... even I was more generous than that in my edit...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can't wait to see what we offer Pryor this time... 😮

    Sashi: Here it is... $4mm year one; $5mm year two with a team option for year three at $6.

    TP: Hue! You know I'm worth more than that! Where's the 7-8-9 we were talkin'?

    Hue: What can I say son... you phucked up.

  • So do scrap the receivers we drafted last couple of years?  Who do you want to keep?  

    @lbc-mike said:

    So do scrap the receivers we drafted last couple of years?  Who do you want to keep?  

    Wow...  not easy.

    Coates is likely... has size and speed, and added investment.

    Of our 2015 picks? Maybe Louis, but could come down to ST value... which given his size should also lean Louis.

  • Pryors offer will be commesurate with his onfield performance this year, tuff Sheet. He's in a system with cousins throwing to him too so he doesnt get anywhere near what we offered him last year. If other teams want to give him close to our deal last year then fine let him go somewhere else.

    He's mainly that drag racer that i want stretching the secondary and opening real estate for coleman and the TE's. Pryor and gordon sub in for each other to keep fresh. Just a track meet the whole game between those two. And if the  safeties jump on the underneath routes take a deep shot with kizers arm or whatever rook we pick up who also must have a cannon. Throw it deep where only gordon or pryor have a shot to catch it

  • It would be amazing if we didn't need receivers next year... 

    I want to see more yards after catch, more jukes. Fighting for an extra yard. With the current "no name" receivers' corp we have, each one has to try to make a difference. 

    And if Britt wants to stay he has to do a million times better than the rest. He's the most expensive player in the unit by far.

  • Gordon

    Coleman

    Britt

    Higgins or Louis

    Draft a receiver. Not too bad I guess.

  • Gordon

    Coleman

    Britt

    Higgins or Louis

    Draft a receiver. Not too bad I guess.

    @alkid3 said:

    Gordon

    Coleman

    Britt

    Higgins or Louis

    Draft a receiver. Not too bad I guess.

    Gordon is a drink or toke away from another suspension. Coleman is made of glass. Britt should have been cut months ago. Higgins and Louis are JAGS at best.

    Draft and sign multiple wide receivers, IMO.

  • @alkid3 said:

    Gordon

    Coleman

    Britt

    Higgins or Louis

    Draft a receiver. Not too bad I guess.

    Gordon is a drink or toke away from another suspension. Coleman is made of glass. Britt should have been cut months ago. Higgins and Louis are JAGS at best.

    Draft and sign multiple wide receivers, IMO.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Gordon is a drink or toke away from another suspension. Coleman is made of glass. Britt should have been cut months ago. Higgins and Louis are JAGS at best.

    Draft and sign multiple wide receivers, IMO.

    If you out it that way it sounds really bad. Haha. I hope Gordon is done with that cowpoop. Coleman... idk if he stays healthy he can be good. Britt I can't defend him. This last game won't erase the beginning of the season. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Gordon is a drink or toke away from another suspension. Coleman is made of glass. Britt should have been cut months ago. Higgins and Louis are JAGS at best.

    Draft and sign multiple wide receivers, IMO.

    If you out it that way it sounds really bad. Haha. I hope Gordon is done with that cowpoop. Coleman... idk if he stays healthy he can be good. Britt I can't defend him. This last game won't erase the beginning of the season. 

    @alkid3 said:

    If you out it that way it sounds really bad. Haha. I hope Gordon is done with that cowpoop. Coleman... idk if he stays healthy he can be good. Britt I can't defend him. This last game won't erase the beginning of the season. 

    Britt had one great play this whole season. Screw him and the Millions he rode in on.

  • Nobody can count on Gordon as being the “long-term answer” because of his track record.  However, it doesn’t mean we can’t HOPE to all heck that he keeps it together.  As I’ve stated multiple times, it’s not realistic to expect an addict to get completely sober the first time he/she really becomes open to treatment.  Generally, it takes multiple efforts AFTER inpatient treatment because the addict goes through a period of experimenting and figuring out what works best for them.  The first thing that happens to addicts in “recovery” is after they get some sober time in, many of them think “they’re cured”, and then they put themselves back into precarious positions.  The “stinking thinking” begins, and their brain tells them things like, “Look how good you’re doing!  You can smoke ONE joint with your buddies.  You deserve it after all this hard work.”  Remember, addiction is basically the one disease that tells you, “You don’t have it.”

    Anyways, I’m sorry for going on (again).  The only point is we can’t DEPEND on Josh, but we can HOPE for his success.  It’s no secret we still need to add WR’s, as Coleman hasn’t proved to be durable and the other bozos on our roster haven’t added up to a dang thing.  One of Sashi’s biggest failures wasn’t drafting the four idiot WR’s last year, it was KEEPING the likes of Jordan Payton and letting Taylor Gabriel leave.  GM’s get things wrong all of the time, but that decision wasn’t CLOSE, and everybody knew it.  That’s what kills me…people KNEW Gabriel was better.  Look at it this way, do we currently have a legit slot WR?  Could we use a speedy little WR that can run reverses, work the deep middle, and provide some explosive plays? 

    As far as next year is concerned, don’t forget about Njoku.  I know he’s a TE, and I know he’s REALLY struggling right now, but we all knew Njoku would have a difficult rookie year.  He’s very young, the TE position is notoriously difficult for rookies, and he was never an accomplished blocker.  NFL TE’s have to learn ALL three phases of an offense.  Pass protection, passing routes, AND run-blocking.  That’s a tough order, especially for a 20 year-old kid.  The point is I really believe Njoku will make a tremendous leap in 2018.  I think he’s a worker, that he’s not used to failing, and that he’ll be putting in the work all year.  The biggest thing for Njoku isn’t having a better 2nd half of the year, it’s finishing the year HEALTHY.  If he finishes healthy, he can begin his training immediately.  He just can’t suffer a massive injury or he might not make the improvement we’re hoping for…

    We still need another top level WR (at least one), a blocking TE, and probably a shifty slot WR.  I believe we can address all of these items in free agency.  We’re plugging holes, and hopefully we’ll have fewer next year than we do now.

  • Gordon

    Coleman

    Britt

    Higgins or Louis

    Draft a receiver. Not too bad I guess.

    @alkid3 said:

    Gordon

    Coleman

    Britt

    Higgins or Louis

    Draft a receiver. Not too bad I guess.

    Can't trust Gordon to stay Clean.

    Can't trust Coleman to stay healthy.

    Can't trust Britt to play hard.

    Can't trust Higgins or Louis to be any good.

    So...yes. Draft a receiver.

  • @alkid3 said:

    Gordon

    Coleman

    Britt

    Higgins or Louis

    Draft a receiver. Not too bad I guess.

    Gordon is a drink or toke away from another suspension. Coleman is made of glass. Britt should have been cut months ago. Higgins and Louis are JAGS at best.

    Draft and sign multiple wide receivers, IMO.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Gordon is a drink or toke away from another suspension. Coleman is made of glass. Britt should have been cut months ago. Higgins and Louis are JAGS at best.

    Draft and sign multiple wide receivers, IMO.

    Great minds think alike.

  • Ricardo Louis would be the current leading WR in receiving (Duke Johnson is first) with 307, and continuing the progression he would end up with a whopping record of 548 yards. 

    Last year the QB position wasn't established either and Pryor did quite more yards.

    We need receivers and Coleman or Gordon's contrubution can't be taken for granted. 

  • @alkid3 said:

    Gordon

    Coleman

    Britt

    Higgins or Louis

    Draft a receiver. Not too bad I guess.

    Can't trust Gordon to stay Clean.

    Can't trust Coleman to stay healthy.

    Can't trust Britt to play hard.

    Can't trust Higgins or Louis to be any good.

    So...yes. Draft a receiver.

    @the-gipper said:

    Can't trust Gordon to stay Clean.

    Can't trust Coleman to stay healthy.

    Can't trust Britt to play hard.

    Can't trust Higgins or Louis to be any good.

    So...yes. Draft a receiver.

    I meant when we get them back of course draft a receiver. It all just depends where in the draft. 

  • Not a HOF'er..But a Foreigner "Dirty White Boy" drafted by Browns from Boston College in 4th Round...Time to do it again(the oldest jersey I still own)2018 draft canidates? Hunter Renfrow-Clemson or Austin Phoehl-UNC  

      Enjoy the stiff arm at 3:57?🙂