Go Vikings
-
Sorry for you loss. I did however bet on the Rams to cover +2.5, so let's hope the Vikings win by 1 or 2.
-
Too bad he had to go before seeing his team win a title. Probably most of you Browns fans on here are in the same boat. I am not....because I am OLD. I do remember the 1964 title when I was 12 years old.
And I for one would like to see the Vikings win since the Browns obviously have no shot.
The Vikings were formed and became a member of the NFL in 1960....and have never won a Championship. Actually....only the Cardinals, Lions, and Eagles have gone as long or longer without winning it all.
Plus....the Viking of the late 60s/70s were like the Bills of the 90s.....4 SB appearances, 4 losses. With some great, great players. Fran Tarkenton (the white), Carl Eller, Alan Page, Paul Krause etc. The Purple People Eaters.
Plus I have cousins up there in the Land O' Lakes. So, absolutely...why not.
(Its just that no one would likely ever associate the name Case Keenum....and Super Bowl winning QB in the same sentence). The would be the most extreme Cinderella story in Super Bowl history if that were to happen.
-
Too bad he had to go before seeing his team win a title. Probably most of you Browns fans on here are in the same boat. I am not....because I am OLD. I do remember the 1964 title when I was 12 years old.
And I for one would like to see the Vikings win since the Browns obviously have no shot.
The Vikings were formed and became a member of the NFL in 1960....and have never won a Championship. Actually....only the Cardinals, Lions, and Eagles have gone as long or longer without winning it all.
Plus....the Viking of the late 60s/70s were like the Bills of the 90s.....4 SB appearances, 4 losses. With some great, great players. Fran Tarkenton (the white), Carl Eller, Alan Page, Paul Krause etc. The Purple People Eaters.
Plus I have cousins up there in the Land O' Lakes. So, absolutely...why not.
(Its just that no one would likely ever associate the name Case Keenum....and Super Bowl winning QB in the same sentence). The would be the most extreme Cinderella story in Super Bowl history if that were to happen.
Too bad he had to go before seeing his team win a title. Probably most of you Browns fans on here are in the same boat. I am not....because I am OLD. I do remember the 1964 title when I was 12 years old.
And I for one would like to see the Vikings win since the Browns obviously have no shot.
The Vikings were formed and became a member of the NFL in 1960....and have never won a Championship. Actually....only the Cardinals, Lions, and Eagles have gone as long or longer without winning it all.
Plus....the Viking of the late 60s/70s were like the Bills of the 90s.....4 SB appearances, 4 losses. With some great, great players. Fran Tarkenton (the white), Carl Eller, Alan Page, Paul Krause etc. The Purple People Eaters.
Plus I have cousins up there in the Land O' Lakes. So, absolutely...why not.
(Its just that no one would likely ever associate the name Case Keenum....and Super Bowl winning QB in the same sentence). The would be the most extreme Cinderella story in Super Bowl history if that were to happen.
Well, they would deserve it. Losing Bridgewater for more than a year, then Bradford after a promising start, and Cook who was one of the best backs in the league, receivers I believe have been injured too...
They have been doing it very well, adapting to the circumstances and playing with Case Keenum. Other teams with one of their injuries would have gone down in the standings a long time ago.
-
Go Vikings! - For Buddy -
My grandfather was a Steelers & Pirates fan. My family would go visit him and so many times he would say to me, "Oh, Allen. Your Browns beat us up again last week".
I loved my grandfather. A couple of months after he died Franco Harris made The Immaculate Reception and the Steelers have never looked back. (I actually rooted for them that year he died....for my grandfather....it wasn't easy to do)
My best friend in the world never saw the Vikings win a championship. And now TODAY happens a couple of months after he died.
Go Vikings - For Buddy -
-
I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend Orion. As I get older I truly cherish my closest friends and family. Go Vikings
-
@boo-fagley said:
What a game.
damn right it was
-
I'm hoping it's the Jags vs the Eagles.
-
@boo-fagley said:
The Saints looked like a well oiled machine in no huddle and the Vikings were taking too much time on some plays.
time or drive distance? had to look back..4th quarter drive starts Minn. 3 times from own 25, once from own 10..Saints--27,40,25 yard line.again Peyton's guy in booth cost him 2 timeouts on dumb blindness, Vikes sat on 3 timeouts all night. Great play reads by Brees lead receivers right out of bounds to stop clock. man oh man did many teams miss on WR Michael Thomas from Bucks
-
It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?
-
It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?
It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?
It got me wondering though, if he had tackled him properly... What yard was that? Would he tackle him in bounds? Because they maybe could have a chance to try the winning FG. But it's a shitty play, yes.
-
He caught the ball with about 4.5 seconds left on the clock about 3 yards in bounds (from the endzone camera) without enough momentum to carry him out of bounds if a heads up tackle is made right on the thighs. They were out of TOs so game over.
-
Go Vikings! - For Buddy -
My grandfather was a Steelers & Pirates fan. My family would go visit him and so many times he would say to me, "Oh, Allen. Your Browns beat us up again last week".
I loved my grandfather. A couple of months after he died Franco Harris made The Immaculate Reception and the Steelers have never looked back. (I actually rooted for them that year he died....for my grandfather....it wasn't easy to do)
My best friend in the world never saw the Vikings win a championship. And now TODAY happens a couple of months after he died.
Go Vikings - For Buddy -
Go Vikings! - For Buddy -
My grandfather was a Steelers & Pirates fan. My family would go visit him and so many times he would say to me, "Oh, Allen. Your Browns beat us up again last week".
I loved my grandfather. A couple of months after he died Franco Harris made The Immaculate Reception and the Steelers have never looked back. (I actually rooted for them that year he died....for my grandfather....it wasn't easy to do)
My best friend in the world never saw the Vikings win a championship. And now TODAY happens a couple of months after he died.
Go Vikings - For Buddy -
I could go for the Vikings. They have never won a title. And I have cousins from Minnesota. Though I would not mind the Eagles or the Jags. (I just think it is time for the Pats dynasty to come to an end. They have had a long, good run).
-
It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?
It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?
From my perspective, the defender avoided the tackle because he was there way too soon. It would've been pass interference. Now, of course there were other options. He could've stopped and just made the tackle after the catch. Or just go ahead and incur the penalty. Either would've been better than just taking himself out of the play completely. After all, he was the back of the train. There wasn't anyone else to keep the receiver from the end zone.
Also, I thought the Vikings screwed up by not running the ball once they were in position for that go ahead FG. By passing they let the Saints have a time out to work with with quite a bit of time left on the clock. - I do understand however, that they were trying to WIN the game. (que Herm Edwards)
-
Orion, sorry to hear about your loss. Best friends are special, and I’m sure it’s not easy.
But he’s looking down smiling after that Minneapolis Miracle
-
Orion, sorry to hear about your loss. Best friends are special, and I’m sure it’s not easy.
But he’s looking down smiling after that Minneapolis Miracle
Orion, sorry to hear about your loss. Best friends are special, and I’m sure it’s not easy.
But he’s looking down smiling after that Minneapolis Miracle
Maybe he had something to do with it?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login