Skip to content

Go Vikings

The Browns Board
26 14 973 1
  • ...Helped carry my best friend, Vikings fan, to his final resting place today.  He was a great guy to talk football with.

    The universe, for this Browns fan, has veered off course...........again..........

    Go Vikings!

  • Go Vikings!  - For Buddy -

    My grandfather was a Steelers & Pirates fan.  My family would go visit him and so many times he would say to me, "Oh, Allen.  Your Browns beat us up again last week".  🙂  I loved my grandfather.  A couple of months after he died Franco Harris made The Immaculate Reception and the Steelers have never looked back.  (I actually rooted for them that year he died....for my grandfather....it wasn't easy to do)

    My best friend in the world never saw the Vikings win a championship.  And now TODAY happens a couple of months after he died.

    Go Vikings - For Buddy - 

  • uh  a friend of mine who is also a Viking fan gave me a autographed Jim Brown card so ya there are good people out there

    side note: hell yes go Vikings

  • I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend Orion. As I get older I truly cherish my closest friends and family. Go Vikings 

  • I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend Orion. As I get older I truly cherish my closest friends and family. Go Vikings 

    @jcam222 said:

    As I get older I truly cherish my closest friends and family.

    Truer words have never been spoken.

  • omg almost crying here God bless and please don't let me forget who my friends are

  • @boo-fagley said:

    What a game.

    damn right it was 

  • I'm hoping it's the Jags vs the Eagles.

  • @boo-fagley said:

     The Saints looked like a well oiled machine in no huddle and the Vikings were taking too much time on some plays.

    time or drive distance? had to look back..4th quarter drive starts Minn. 3 times from own 25, once from own 10..Saints--27,40,25 yard line.again Peyton's guy in booth cost him 2 timeouts on dumb blindness, Vikes sat on 3 timeouts all night. Great play reads by Brees lead receivers right out of bounds to stop clock.   man oh man did many teams miss on WR Michael Thomas from Bucks   

  • It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?

  • It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?

    It got me wondering though, if he had tackled him properly... What yard was that? Would he tackle him in bounds? Because they maybe could have a chance to try the winning FG. But it's a shitty play, yes.

  • He caught the ball with about 4.5 seconds left on the clock about 3 yards in bounds (from the endzone camera) without enough momentum to carry him out of bounds if a heads up tackle is made right on the thighs. They were out of TOs so game over.

  • Go Vikings!  - For Buddy -

    My grandfather was a Steelers & Pirates fan.  My family would go visit him and so many times he would say to me, "Oh, Allen.  Your Browns beat us up again last week".  🙂  I loved my grandfather.  A couple of months after he died Franco Harris made The Immaculate Reception and the Steelers have never looked back.  (I actually rooted for them that year he died....for my grandfather....it wasn't easy to do)

    My best friend in the world never saw the Vikings win a championship.  And now TODAY happens a couple of months after he died.

    Go Vikings - For Buddy - 

    @orion said:

    Go Vikings!  - For Buddy -

    My grandfather was a Steelers & Pirates fan.  My family would go visit him and so many times he would say to me, "Oh, Allen.  Your Browns beat us up again last week".  🙂  I loved my grandfather.  A couple of months after he died Franco Harris made The Immaculate Reception and the Steelers have never looked back.  (I actually rooted for them that year he died....for my grandfather....it wasn't easy to do)

    My best friend in the world never saw the Vikings win a championship.  And now TODAY happens a couple of months after he died.

    Go Vikings - For Buddy - 

    I could go for the Vikings.   They have never won a title. And I have cousins from Minnesota. Though I would not mind the Eagles or the Jags. (I just think it is time for the Pats dynasty to come to an end.  They have had a long, good run).

  • Hell of a game.. Sorry for your loss...

  • It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?

    From my perspective, the defender avoided the tackle because he was there way too soon.  It would've been pass interference.  Now, of course there were other options.  He could've stopped and just made the tackle after the catch.  Or just go ahead and incur the penalty.  Either would've been better than just taking himself out of the play completely.  After all, he was the back of the train.  There wasn't anyone else to keep the receiver from the end zone.

    Also, I thought the Vikings screwed up by not running the ball once they were in position for that go ahead FG.  By passing they let the Saints have a time out to work with with quite a bit of time left on the clock.  - I do understand however, that they were trying to WIN the game. (que Herm Edwards)

  • Orion, sorry to hear about your loss. Best friends are special, and I’m sure it’s not easy.

    But he’s looking down smiling after that Minneapolis Miracle

  • Orion, sorry to hear about your loss. Best friends are special, and I’m sure it’s not easy.

    But he’s looking down smiling after that Minneapolis Miracle

    @lionofbuddha said:

    Orion, sorry to hear about your loss. Best friends are special, and I’m sure it’s not easy.

    But he’s looking down smiling after that Minneapolis Miracle

    Maybe he had something to do with it?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    It's a shame it came down to a very poor Pop Warner level tackle by a safety who doesn't deserve to be called "safety". He could not even make a proper heads up tackle. How the hell did he get to this level?

    From my perspective, the defender avoided the tackle because he was there way too soon.  It would've been pass interference.  Now, of course there were other options.  He could've stopped and just made the tackle after the catch.  Or just go ahead and incur the penalty.  Either would've been better than just taking himself out of the play completely.  After all, he was the back of the train.  There wasn't anyone else to keep the receiver from the end zone.

    Also, I thought the Vikings screwed up by not running the ball once they were in position for that go ahead FG.  By passing they let the Saints have a time out to work with with quite a bit of time left on the clock.  - I do understand however, that they were trying to WIN the game. (que Herm Edwards)

    @orion said:

    Also, I thought the Vikings screwed up by not running the ball once they were in position for that go ahead FG.  By passing they let the Saints have a time out to work with with quite a bit of time left on the clock.  - I do understand however, that they were trying to WIN the game. (que Herm Edwards)

    I thought the same, that they were going to run through the middle. That would have forced the Saints to either lose the TO or 45 seconds (and they would have had way less time for the Lutz FG). Anyway, that choice brought an unbelievable ending.