Official Jacksonville Jaguar Game Thread
-
OK, let's talk about the 2019 draft... 🥷
Yes lets....first we need people with football intelligence to run it then we need a head coach who has game time intelligence to coach the team
Yes lets....first we need people with football intelligence to run it then we need a head coach who has game time intelligence to coach the team
Our FO has pulled in like 18 talented starting/rotational players over two years without sacrificing any future assets whatsoever.
We just played what could be one of the top AFC teams in the league, turned the ball over 5 times and had every chance in the world to win that game.
The team is fine. The quarterback is bad. Not even bad...awful.
This team, with Rosen, Darnold, or even Mayfield at the helm, would have walked away with a W. Now add in the other three early round picks we’ll have, plus a solid FA veteran or two, and we’ll see a Jacksonville-like surge into respectability.
The problem isn’t the acquisition of talent, it’s the execution on the field. That’s falls on Hue, not the FO.
-
-
-
listened to the game on internet radio while detailing my car.
We can't be having the ball only 23 minutes of a game. The D did pretty well...but they can't be expected to score the points too.
listened to the game on internet radio while detailing my car.
We can't be having the ball only 23 minutes of a game. The D did pretty well...but they can't be expected to score the points too.
Couple thoughts on the game. Defense played well and did everything to keep the game close considering how bad the offense was pretty much all game and yes they were on the field damn near the entire game but in the 4th quarter, they were not going to let Bortles do anything to lose the game and we stopped the run enough. The Jags defense is for real and anyone who had seen them play this year would know that Kizer was going to have his struggles. As good as the Jags D is..their QB is just as bad if not worse than Kizer. I think someone on twitter said Bortles is just a bigger version of Kessler. But Fournette is a stud and they have some good receivers and the defense did their job this week, came close to making a couple of big plays that might have turned the game. Our WR's (save Coleman and I guess Njoku) are horrible. Crow is not that good unless the hole is so big you could drive a truck through it. I'm still not sold on Hue's coaching or his ability to call plays.
-
ogbah out for the season isn't really bad per se, I'm just worried what happens if Nassib or garrett go down again? orchard is utterly awful at DE, he's a LB'er now. We have to bring another DE in now if possible.
-
ogbah out for the season isn't really bad per se, I'm just worried what happens if Nassib or garrett go down again? orchard is utterly awful at DE, he's a LB'er now. We have to bring another DE in now if possible.
ogbah out for the season isn't really bad per se, I'm just worried what happens if Nassib or garrett go down again? orchard is utterly awful at DE, he's a LB'er now. We have to bring another DE in now if possible.
I don't think you're gonna find much that can be brought in at this point. But Ogbah was playing well. Tough break for him.
-
Well, another time that our offense underperfoms greatly.
Hue is the 'mind' behind that offense, and I don't care about the players, this unit still doesn't do anything. We didn't have any drive going, ANY. Our scoring drive had only 3 passes by Kizer. If opponents mitigate our rushing attack, we're set to lose. We even had better drive starting field position than the Jaguars all game long and we didn't seize the opportunities.
I am not that angry because under 2 minutes to the end we still were in the game, and I believed this to be the hardest game behind Detroit's one in this half season, but after how our D has played, it is really frustrating that we weren't even getting in field goal range.
I have to agree with Hue on one thing, that I believe he said several weeks ago: to win games, this team needs to perform at the top of his level. We need both offense and defense to be at the top of their game, win in the turnovers and seize every opportunity. Last game, the defense lost the game late in the game (though I believe it had a lot to do with Kessler's two 3 and outs). Today it was the offense that played really bad, although a top defense was in front.
-
-
But lets hear about how hue hurt kizers feelings this season yanking him in the 2nd half. The kid was nit teady for the nfl period. The people responsible for getting rid if mccown need fired on monday
But lets hear about how hue hurt kizers feelings this season yanking him in the 2nd half. The kid was nit teady for the nfl period. The people responsible for getting rid if mccown need fired on monday
Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks
-
#WeJustNeeda"FootballGuy"
These non "football guys" sure seem to be doing a bang up job. The CFL talent at WR is super helpful.
If anything this is at least comically bad. I am interested to see how that wiley Ol' Sashi fu cks up this next draft.
These non "football guys" sure seem to be doing a bang up job. The CFL talent at WR is super helpful.
If anything this is at least comically bad. I am interested to see how that wiley Ol' Sashi fu cks up this next draft.
I am not interested in seeing that all that at all I am interested in seeing who we will hire to actually conducted wrappedI am not interested in seeing that all that at all I am interested in seeing who we will hire to actually conducted wrapped
-
But lets hear about how hue hurt kizers feelings this season yanking him in the 2nd half. The kid was nit teady for the nfl period. The people responsible for getting rid if mccown need fired on monday
Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks
Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks
Someone needs to turn Gipper off, wait 10 seconds, then turn him back on. He's malfunctioning...

-
See here if I do not "you it only post once. But if I do "do you get duplicates. I just can't help it
-
Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks
Someone needs to turn Gipper off, wait 10 seconds, then turn him back on. He's malfunctioning...

Someone needs to turn Gipper off, wait 10 seconds, then turn him back on. He's malfunctioning...

Just read him like we do gumby and it will all start to make sense make cents make scents.

-
Someone needs to turn Gipper off, wait 10 seconds, then turn him back on. He's malfunctioning...

Just read him like we do gumby and it will all start to make sense make cents make scents.

Just read him like we do gumby and it will all start to make sense make cents make scents.

Gumby has the most interesting speech pattern I've ever read for sure!
-
@boo-fagley said:
You see the same thing that I do. There is lots of talent on the Browns.
QB play is everything. Obvious I know, but when you havent seen a good one play for your team you sort of forget how important they are.
And you can look no further than the green bay packers to make this point. Kizer is showing more each week he's not the dude.
-
-
ogbah out for the season isn't really bad per se, I'm just worried what happens if Nassib or garrett go down again? orchard is utterly awful at DE, he's a LB'er now. We have to bring another DE in now if possible.
I don't think you're gonna find much that can be brought in at this point. But Ogbah was playing well. Tough break for him.
-
-
Yes, it can always be worse. In petermans defense, big bears cok was poking around his hole everytime he pulled back to throw
If you mean Joey Bosa was a direct contributor to most of those picks..... then yes. I concur
-
I'm about as sad as I've been after a loss in quite some time. I already had zero faith in Kizer, but I definitely WANTED to believe in him, and I thought that after last week maybe he could build on that little bit of momentum. We had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. We see teams do that week in and week out, but obviously we can't figure it out. We knew it was a very bad match up for us, but there we were, driving with the ball and down 6 on the Jags side of the field. I know people will say Corey Coleman should've caught that pass, and maybe they're right, but it was a truly terrible throw. As Kizer has done all year, he throws a rocket to Coleman that was also low and behind the receiver. That's pretty much the most difficult catch a receiver has to make because their body is going one way, the ball is going the other, and they can't use their body to help control the ball. Yes, receivers are generally supposed to use their hands to catch, and yes...there are plenty of receivers who make tougher catches than that every week, but in the rain/sleet/snow....that ball has to be on point, and it wasn't per the norm.
Now that pass wouldn't have been a first down, but I want to say it would have been like 2nd or 3rd and 4. That's a huge difference, and maybe we could even have mixed in a running play or quick hitter to offset the Jags' pass rush. But Corey "dropped it", and Kizer never got back into any sort rhythm. It was disgusting.
As I've said basically all year, Kizer doesn't possess the consistent accuracy required to win in the league. I believe his 2nd pick was the pass that shows this point the most, as it wasn't a difficult throw, yet Kizer air-mailed his intended target by about a mile which lead to the easiest pick of someone's life. And what hurts is that it wasn't a difficult throw by any standard. It was a short out route. That's it. And he missed by...what? 5-6 feet?
I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life. I actually LIKE Kizer the person. I think he's tough, selfless, and he possesses the physical skills I like in a QB. But the guy simply can't throw it with enough accuracy. It's been an issue all year, all his life really, and it's not going to get better any time soon I fear. All the Josh Gordons in the world couldn't save Kizer. And I COMPLETELY understand that the Jags were all over Kizer and our OL didn't do him hardly ANY favors (pass blocking or run blocking), but we had a chance to win late, at Cleveland, and we couldn't get it done.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login