Official Jacksonville Jaguar Game Thread
-
ogbah out for the season isn't really bad per se, I'm just worried what happens if Nassib or garrett go down again? orchard is utterly awful at DE, he's a LB'er now. We have to bring another DE in now if possible.
-
ogbah out for the season isn't really bad per se, I'm just worried what happens if Nassib or garrett go down again? orchard is utterly awful at DE, he's a LB'er now. We have to bring another DE in now if possible.
ogbah out for the season isn't really bad per se, I'm just worried what happens if Nassib or garrett go down again? orchard is utterly awful at DE, he's a LB'er now. We have to bring another DE in now if possible.
I don't think you're gonna find much that can be brought in at this point. But Ogbah was playing well. Tough break for him.
-
Well, another time that our offense underperfoms greatly.
Hue is the 'mind' behind that offense, and I don't care about the players, this unit still doesn't do anything. We didn't have any drive going, ANY. Our scoring drive had only 3 passes by Kizer. If opponents mitigate our rushing attack, we're set to lose. We even had better drive starting field position than the Jaguars all game long and we didn't seize the opportunities.
I am not that angry because under 2 minutes to the end we still were in the game, and I believed this to be the hardest game behind Detroit's one in this half season, but after how our D has played, it is really frustrating that we weren't even getting in field goal range.
I have to agree with Hue on one thing, that I believe he said several weeks ago: to win games, this team needs to perform at the top of his level. We need both offense and defense to be at the top of their game, win in the turnovers and seize every opportunity. Last game, the defense lost the game late in the game (though I believe it had a lot to do with Kessler's two 3 and outs). Today it was the offense that played really bad, although a top defense was in front.
-
-
But lets hear about how hue hurt kizers feelings this season yanking him in the 2nd half. The kid was nit teady for the nfl period. The people responsible for getting rid if mccown need fired on monday
But lets hear about how hue hurt kizers feelings this season yanking him in the 2nd half. The kid was nit teady for the nfl period. The people responsible for getting rid if mccown need fired on monday
Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks
-
#WeJustNeeda"FootballGuy"
These non "football guys" sure seem to be doing a bang up job. The CFL talent at WR is super helpful.
If anything this is at least comically bad. I am interested to see how that wiley Ol' Sashi fu cks up this next draft.
These non "football guys" sure seem to be doing a bang up job. The CFL talent at WR is super helpful.
If anything this is at least comically bad. I am interested to see how that wiley Ol' Sashi fu cks up this next draft.
I am not interested in seeing that all that at all I am interested in seeing who we will hire to actually conducted wrappedI am not interested in seeing that all that at all I am interested in seeing who we will hire to actually conducted wrapped
-
But lets hear about how hue hurt kizers feelings this season yanking him in the 2nd half. The kid was nit teady for the nfl period. The people responsible for getting rid if mccown need fired on monday
Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks
Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks
Someone needs to turn Gipper off, wait 10 seconds, then turn him back on. He's malfunctioning...

-
See here if I do not "you it only post once. But if I do "do you get duplicates. I just can't help it
-
Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks
Someone needs to turn Gipper off, wait 10 seconds, then turn him back on. He's malfunctioning...

Someone needs to turn Gipper off, wait 10 seconds, then turn him back on. He's malfunctioning...

Just read him like we do gumby and it will all start to make sense make cents make scents.

-
Someone needs to turn Gipper off, wait 10 seconds, then turn him back on. He's malfunctioning...

Just read him like we do gumby and it will all start to make sense make cents make scents.

Just read him like we do gumby and it will all start to make sense make cents make scents.

Gumby has the most interesting speech pattern I've ever read for sure!
-
@boo-fagley said:
You see the same thing that I do. There is lots of talent on the Browns.
QB play is everything. Obvious I know, but when you havent seen a good one play for your team you sort of forget how important they are.
And you can look no further than the green bay packers to make this point. Kizer is showing more each week he's not the dude.
-
ogbah out for the season isn't really bad per se, I'm just worried what happens if Nassib or garrett go down again? orchard is utterly awful at DE, he's a LB'er now. We have to bring another DE in now if possible.
I don't think you're gonna find much that can be brought in at this point. But Ogbah was playing well. Tough break for him.
-
-
Yes, it can always be worse. In petermans defense, big bears cok was poking around his hole everytime he pulled back to throw
If you mean Joey Bosa was a direct contributor to most of those picks..... then yes. I concur
-
I'm about as sad as I've been after a loss in quite some time. I already had zero faith in Kizer, but I definitely WANTED to believe in him, and I thought that after last week maybe he could build on that little bit of momentum. We had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. We see teams do that week in and week out, but obviously we can't figure it out. We knew it was a very bad match up for us, but there we were, driving with the ball and down 6 on the Jags side of the field. I know people will say Corey Coleman should've caught that pass, and maybe they're right, but it was a truly terrible throw. As Kizer has done all year, he throws a rocket to Coleman that was also low and behind the receiver. That's pretty much the most difficult catch a receiver has to make because their body is going one way, the ball is going the other, and they can't use their body to help control the ball. Yes, receivers are generally supposed to use their hands to catch, and yes...there are plenty of receivers who make tougher catches than that every week, but in the rain/sleet/snow....that ball has to be on point, and it wasn't per the norm.
Now that pass wouldn't have been a first down, but I want to say it would have been like 2nd or 3rd and 4. That's a huge difference, and maybe we could even have mixed in a running play or quick hitter to offset the Jags' pass rush. But Corey "dropped it", and Kizer never got back into any sort rhythm. It was disgusting.
As I've said basically all year, Kizer doesn't possess the consistent accuracy required to win in the league. I believe his 2nd pick was the pass that shows this point the most, as it wasn't a difficult throw, yet Kizer air-mailed his intended target by about a mile which lead to the easiest pick of someone's life. And what hurts is that it wasn't a difficult throw by any standard. It was a short out route. That's it. And he missed by...what? 5-6 feet?
I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life. I actually LIKE Kizer the person. I think he's tough, selfless, and he possesses the physical skills I like in a QB. But the guy simply can't throw it with enough accuracy. It's been an issue all year, all his life really, and it's not going to get better any time soon I fear. All the Josh Gordons in the world couldn't save Kizer. And I COMPLETELY understand that the Jags were all over Kizer and our OL didn't do him hardly ANY favors (pass blocking or run blocking), but we had a chance to win late, at Cleveland, and we couldn't get it done.
-
Kizer seems to have the physical part of being a pro QB down. It's a shame that he doesn't have the wit to be a winner. Jimmy should give him a lot more money. After all, he thinks dollars equal brain cells.
-
well, being at the game, and having given out an ill-fated guarantee of a Browns win... was seriously disappointing, watching Kizer show he just doesn't have a qb's brain. He doesn't see it. Stares down wr's...throws into coverage than should never have been thrown, and most of the stadium probably knew better before he threw it..
Great kid, tough, terrific arm, can run, he isn't dumb.... he just doesn't have "it" to see the field, the flurry of motion, the decision making he should have. Can't coach that. And the fumbles. how in the heyl can you be getting tackled, and you are holding the ball way up , above your head, in your hand, and not expect disaster? He leads the league in interceptions. You know, he could be a back up qb for a long time...but pressure on...he throws a cannonball on a five yard pass?
I keep complaining about running on first down, and usually second down, so often. Then, Hue calls for a pass on first down, and Kizer throws an incredibly stupid interception.
So my funny guarantee turned into a sad debacle, but it was the referees' fault. I was going to go run out on the field, put myself into the game, and lob a TD pass for a win, even with my warm Rocky boots on.....but they wouldn't let me.....

-
oh, and I have a dumb question. What the heyl is up with a Browns player swooping in to down a punt, and the opposing player sees that he is watching up in the air...and decks him? What happened to blindside blocks being illegal? Unnecessary roughness? So, you can knock the heyl out of a punt receiver before the ball gets there? nope, of course not. So why was that play legal? Neither player had touched the ball. The kicking team can't down the ball and get possession... never occurred to me that is a legal play.
and on an int, the Jag player has the ball over his head, the ball is clearly moving and slipping out of his hand,he traps it against the ground and ... on the replay, the "ref" says it was a completed pass? Maybe for a Jag player, or a squealer player or... but a Browns player? you can bet that would have been ruled an incompletion, I'll betcha. Wasn't just me, most of the fans were unhappy with that one.
-
oh, and I have a dumb question. What the heyl is up with a Browns player swooping in to down a punt, and the opposing player sees that he is watching up in the air...and decks him? What happened to blindside blocks being illegal? Unnecessary roughness? So, you can knock the heyl out of a punt receiver before the ball gets there? nope, of course not. So why was that play legal? Neither player had touched the ball. The kicking team can't down the ball and get possession... never occurred to me that is a legal play.
and on an int, the Jag player has the ball over his head, the ball is clearly moving and slipping out of his hand,he traps it against the ground and ... on the replay, the "ref" says it was a completed pass? Maybe for a Jag player, or a squealer player or... but a Browns player? you can bet that would have been ruled an incompletion, I'll betcha. Wasn't just me, most of the fans were unhappy with that one.
oh, and I have a dumb question. What the heyl is up with a Browns player swooping in to down a punt, and the opposing player sees that he is watching up in the air...and decks him? What happened to blindside blocks being illegal? Unnecessary roughness? So, you can knock the heyl out of a punt receiver before the ball gets there? nope, of course not. So why was that play legal? Neither player had touched the ball. The kicking team can't down the ball and get possession... never occurred to me that is a legal play.
and on an int, the Jag player has the ball over his head, the ball is clearly moving and slipping out of his hand,he traps it against the ground and ... on the replay, the "ref" says it was a completed pass? Maybe for a Jag player, or a squealer player or... but a Browns player? you can bet that would have been ruled an incompletion, I'll betcha. Wasn't just me, most of the fans were unhappy with that one.
I thought the guy got blocked into the receiver. The replay showed it. It was our bad.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login