Skip to content

what I'd like to see from this organization going forward....

The Browns Board
37 18 980
  • What I want to see? I want us to take the top rated QB with our first pick (Probably Rosen, but Lamar Jackson is so tantalizing, although probably not 1st pick worthy). 

    I want to see us NOT trade down in first round. Take the best player available at a position of need. Not that difficult. 

    I want to see us use all 3 of our 2nd round picks and not trade them or use them to move up. 

    I want to bring in a veteran QB. 

    I want to cut Britt and bring in a young WR in free agency who still wants to play. 

    I want an offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson and Gregg to stay, and Sashi demoted from GM. Then I want another GM brought in who has SOME type of experience. 

    We do that, and I'm happy. 

  • What I want to see? I want us to take the top rated QB with our first pick (Probably Rosen, but Lamar Jackson is so tantalizing, although probably not 1st pick worthy). 

    I want to see us NOT trade down in first round. Take the best player available at a position of need. Not that difficult. 

    I want to see us use all 3 of our 2nd round picks and not trade them or use them to move up. 

    I want to bring in a veteran QB. 

    I want to cut Britt and bring in a young WR in free agency who still wants to play. 

    I want an offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson and Gregg to stay, and Sashi demoted from GM. Then I want another GM brought in who has SOME type of experience. 

    We do that, and I'm happy. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    What I want to see? I want us to take the top rated QB with our first pick (Probably Rosen, but Lamar Jackson is so tantalizing, although probably not 1st pick worthy). 

    I want to see us NOT trade down in first round. Take the best player available at a position of need. Not that difficult. 

    I want to see us use all 3 of our 2nd round picks and not trade them or use them to move up. 

    I want to bring in a veteran QB. 

    I want to cut Britt and bring in a young WR in free agency who still wants to play. 

    I want an offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson and Gregg to stay, and Sashi demoted from GM. Then I want another GM brought in who has SOME type of experience. 

    We do that, and I'm happy. 

    IF the Browns FO has any kind of competency they will continue to add veterans back into this team through FA like they did last off-season AND they will use this draft to find ways to drop in about 5 really great players and not trade out like the prior two years. NOW is the time to play the game for NEXT YEAR and not for all the other next years in which they will all be gone IF the continue down the moneyball course. It got us in position so NOW is the time to pull the trigger. No more f'n around. That includes a real gameday coach and/or OC. Hue staying both will subtract 4 wins a year minimum.

    BTW get us a really great pass rushing twin for Garrett who can also hold the edge on the run game. Ogbah is good enough to be part of the rotation, but not good enough to dominate the other side. Denver is best when Von has one of those on the other end.

  • I have given this reply a depth of thought commensurate with the OP...

    @tour2ma said:

    I have given this reply a depth of thought commensurate with the OP...

    since you've yet to develop a thought here that wasn't based on corporate cliché speak mixed with sunshine pumping, I'll take this as a complement. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I have given this reply a depth of thought commensurate with the OP...

    Lol. I was thinking about how to respond to this garbage but I’ll just stand with you. 

    Tacos, please tell me this was a troll and these aren’t your actual ideas. 

    @wargograw said:

    Lol. I was thinking about how to respond to this garbage but I’ll just stand with you. 

    Tacos, please tell me this was a troll and these aren’t your actual ideas. 

    well, seeing as how you are a troll I could see how ideas like a different approach and actually drafting good players who add value(instead of grabbing at shiny garbage like Peppers in the first round) would offend you. 

  • I'd just like to see more competent drafts and less "we know something the other 31 teams don't"

  • I'd just like to see more competent drafts and less "we know something the other 31 teams don't"

    @baconhound said:

    I'd just like to see more competent drafts and less "we know something the other 31 teams don't"

    we don't do things 'different' than 31 other teams....we just do the dumb crap that really bad organizations do. 

    Again, there is nothing novel or different about our approach lately.  except we super suck. 

  • @baconhound said:

    I'd just like to see more competent drafts and less "we know something the other 31 teams don't"

    we don't do things 'different' than 31 other teams....we just do the dumb crap that really bad organizations do. 

    Again, there is nothing novel or different about our approach lately.  except we super suck. 

    @tacosman said:

    we don't do things 'different' than 31 other teams....we just do the dumb crap that really bad organizations do. 

    Again, there is nothing novel or different about our approach lately.  except we super suck. 

    Both Peppers and Njoku were projects that this organization thought they had a plan for.  To this point neither appear to be NFL ready or competent.

  • @tacosman said:

    we don't do things 'different' than 31 other teams....we just do the dumb crap that really bad organizations do. 

    Again, there is nothing novel or different about our approach lately.  except we super suck. 

    Both Peppers and Njoku were projects that this organization thought they had a plan for.  To this point neither appear to be NFL ready or competent.

    @baconhound said:

    Both Peppers and Njoku were projects that this organization thought they had a plan for.  To this point neither appear to be NFL ready or competent.

    That's to be expected from a third or fourth round pick.

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    Both Peppers and Njoku were projects that this organization thought they had a plan for.  To this point neither appear to be NFL ready or competent.

    That's to be expected from a third or fourth round pick.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    That's to be expected from a third or fourth round pick.

    WSS

    Agreed.  Didn't like either pick

  • @baconhound said:

    I'd just like to see more competent drafts and less "we know something the other 31 teams don't"

    we don't do things 'different' than 31 other teams....we just do the dumb crap that really bad organizations do. 

    Again, there is nothing novel or different about our approach lately.  except we super suck. 

    @tacosman said:

    we don't do things 'different' than 31 other teams....we just do the dumb crap that really bad organizations do. 

    Again, there is nothing novel or different about our approach lately.  except we super suck. 

    Yes we do things different. We trade down and avoid drafting good QBs. Other team trade up to get good QBs 

  • Watching this Kamara kid - a 3rd round pick for the Saints, I'd like to see the organization pick better players with each and every pick....... That's all. 

  • What I would like to see, 

    Get NFL football people to run the team 

    Get NFL football people to run the draft

    Stop trying to outsmart everyone that’s been doing the NFL for years

    Just run the team like good NFL teams are run 

    @browns149 said:

    What I would like to see, 

    Get NFL football people to run the team 

    Get NFL football people to run the draft

    Stop trying to outsmart everyone that’s been doing the NFL for years

    Just run the team like good NFL teams are run 

    Depo poo-poo as much admitted- we're really dumb, that's why we need more picks than anyone. 

    @texasag1969 said:

    IF the Browns FO has any kind of competency they will continue to add veterans back into this team through FA like they did last off-season AND they will use this draft to find ways to drop in about 5 really great players and not trade out like the prior two years. NOW is the time to play the game for NEXT YEAR and not for all the other next years in which they will all be gone IF the continue down the moneyball course. It got us in position so NOW is the time to pull the trigger. No more f'n around. That includes a real gameday coach and/or OC. Hue staying both will subtract 4 wins a year minimum.

    We're in the position to be historically bad. Why stop now? 

  • I have given this reply a depth of thought commensurate with the OP...

    @tour2ma said:

    I have given this reply a depth of thought commensurate with the OP...

    Are you saying nothing? Or do you have something to respond on the proper steps to put out the dumpster fire? Stay the course? Muhahaha- You can't be serious. Not after today. Tour, today I really don't know where to point the rocket launcher at first. Not like I didn't fully expect to lose to the Bungles- and how sad is that? 0-16 here we come. 

  • The last 2 teams to trade up to get their Qb have the 2 best records in the league. 

    We trade down to avoid drafting a top Qb. And we are 1-26

    Fire everyone

  • I'd like them all to eff off.

  • The last 2 teams to trade up to get their Qb have the 2 best records in the league. 

    We trade down to avoid drafting a top Qb. And we are 1-26

    Fire everyone

    @browns149 said:

    The last 2 teams to trade up to get their Qb have the 2 best records in the league. 

    We trade down to avoid drafting a top Qb. And we are 1-26

    Fire everyone

    Houston & Chicago?

  • @browns149 said:

    The last 2 teams to trade up to get their Qb have the 2 best records in the league. 

    We trade down to avoid drafting a top Qb. And we are 1-26

    Fire everyone

    Houston & Chicago?

    @baconhound said:

    Houston & Chicago?

    Sorry I should’ve said in the 2016 draft

    Not to mention the Browns trading down so Houston could take Watson

    our FO is afraid to take a Qb high, because they know they have ZERO clue on what a good Qb is

    they just keep taking QBs later so they won’t have to worry about that guy sucking

  • @baconhound said:

    Houston & Chicago?

    Sorry I should’ve said in the 2016 draft

    Not to mention the Browns trading down so Houston could take Watson

    our FO is afraid to take a Qb high, because they know they have ZERO clue on what a good Qb is

    they just keep taking QBs later so they won’t have to worry about that guy sucking

    @browns149 said:

    Sorry I should’ve said in the 2016 draft

    Not to mention the Browns trading down so Houston could take Watson

    our FO is afraid to take a Qb high, because they know they have ZERO clue on what a good Qb is

    they just keep taking QBs later so they won’t have to worry about that guy sucking

    I agree 2016 looks bad right now and I'm not a fan of this front office but this is the make or break year for me on the front office.  If they don't draft a QB or sign a Cousins type free agent, they should go.  If they do draft a QB they should suffer the same fate as the QB.

  • @browns149 said:

    Sorry I should’ve said in the 2016 draft

    Not to mention the Browns trading down so Houston could take Watson

    our FO is afraid to take a Qb high, because they know they have ZERO clue on what a good Qb is

    they just keep taking QBs later so they won’t have to worry about that guy sucking

    I agree 2016 looks bad right now and I'm not a fan of this front office but this is the make or break year for me on the front office.  If they don't draft a QB or sign a Cousins type free agent, they should go.  If they do draft a QB they should suffer the same fate as the QB.

    @baconhound said:

    I agree 2016 looks bad right now and I'm not a fan of this front office but this is the make or break year for me on the front office.  If they don't draft a QB or sign a Cousins type free agent, they should go.  If they do draft a QB they should suffer the same fate as the QB.

    The problem is they should have done it 2 years ago

    Sashi said he learned from his mistakes. But yet he traded down AGAIN and passed on a good Qb last year

    I sure as hell don’t trust him to pick the correct guy 1st in this upcoming draft. 

    The guy has had 3 chances to get us a good Qb.  And he has failed all 3 times

    If it was my team, I sure would not let him try that pick again 

  • @browns149 said:

    Sorry I should’ve said in the 2016 draft

    Not to mention the Browns trading down so Houston could take Watson

    our FO is afraid to take a Qb high, because they know they have ZERO clue on what a good Qb is

    they just keep taking QBs later so they won’t have to worry about that guy sucking

    I agree 2016 looks bad right now and I'm not a fan of this front office but this is the make or break year for me on the front office.  If they don't draft a QB or sign a Cousins type free agent, they should go.  If they do draft a QB they should suffer the same fate as the QB.

    @baconhound said:

    I agree 2016 looks bad right now and I'm not a fan of this front office but this is the make or break year for me on the front office.  If they don't draft a QB or sign a Cousins type free agent, they should go.  If they do draft a QB they should suffer the same fate as the QB.

    Well, reading your last sentence says it all. If you deplete a team, you don't draft a QB because he hasn't many chances to look any good, and a first round QB who underperforms usually gets the FO fired or at least in a bad spot to begin with.

    That's why I understand that they decided to focus on the rest of the roster to draft high a QB in year 3 or 4, when the cast around the QB (both on defense and offense) would look better. Being this a QB-full draft makes it even more reasonable drafting a QB in 2nd round with your 4th pick in 2017. If he works, you're a genius, if he doesn't, well, he's a 4th pick in middle of the second round.

    Ironically, I think that Kizer is not the main reason for the last 3-4 losses, and he has improved his game (though he was playing like Sheet in the beginning of the season). 

    Anyway, I hope they finally make an aggresive move in the QB position this offseason (draft and FA).