Skip to content

Im thinkin now QB at #1 and maybe Scarborough if he's there with the houston pick

The Browns Board
30 14 1.6k
  • Scarbrough will more than likely be there in the second.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Scarbrough will more than likely be there in the second.

    Ya think? I would think he'd be gone somewhere in the middle to late 1st. 

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Scarbrough will more than likely be there in the second.

    Ya think? I would think he'd be gone somewhere in the middle to late 1st. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ya think? I would think he'd be gone somewhere in the middle to late 1st. 

    The poor man's Derrick Henry (he went in the 2nd). Not half the back Henry is.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Ya think? I would think he'd be gone somewhere in the middle to late 1st. 

    The poor man's Derrick Henry (he went in the 2nd). Not half the back Henry is.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @texasag1969 said:

    The poor man's Derrick Henry (he went in the 2nd). Not half the back Henry is.

    I dunno about henry being that much better. But yeah if henry went 2nd hard to imagine scarborough going higher. Which is fine ibviously id prefer us using a later pick. I just like the idea of a back like that to compliment duke or dayes

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The poor man's Derrick Henry (he went in the 2nd). Not half the back Henry is.

    I dunno about henry being that much better. But yeah if henry went 2nd hard to imagine scarborough going higher. Which is fine ibviously id prefer us using a later pick. I just like the idea of a back like that to compliment duke or dayes

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @clevfan4life said:

    I dunno about henry being that much better. But yeah if henry went 2nd hard to imagine scarborough going higher. Which is fine ibviously id prefer us using a later pick. I just like the idea of a back like that to compliment duke or dayes

    Scarborough does not have Henry's top end speed. He' strictly a short yardage power back. Trade for Henry-the Titans don't know how to use him.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    We should try a new strategy this year called trading up. If we can't land Cousins draft a QB at 1 and packs something with the Texans pick to move up for Barkley. That would be dramatic 

  • We should try a new strategy this year called trading up. If we can't land Cousins draft a QB at 1 and packs something with the Texans pick to move up for Barkley. That would be dramatic 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @jcam222 said:

    We should try a new strategy this year called trading up. If we can't land Cousins draft a QB at 1 and packs something with the Texans pick to move up for Barkley. That would be dramatic 

    As much as i like me some saquon, we'd gave to give someone some serious loot for him. Id rather keep the texans pick and get a power back later in the draft to compliment dayes or duke. We also need to find lawrence vickers the 2nd to run infront of our backs

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Bryce Love is the best RB in college ball.  He's incredible.  Might be too small for pros,  but he's awfully fast and hard to tackle for his size. 

    And as mentioned in other threads,  can't sleep on rashaad penny.  He's got over 2k yds this year.  

    JK Dobbins is a better back.  He's a true freshman and is getting 2 more yds per carry than barkley. 

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #11

     Barkley’s overrated. 

    At Alabama, Harris is the better pro prospect. 

    Kerryon Johnson is pretty sick but probably runs a 4.7.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    So are you going to Scarborough fair

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Parsley sage rosemary and thyme

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Nick Chubb is going to be one of the better steals in this draft. 

    Guy has has tremendous vision and patience to be a successful runner in the NFL. Add in the fact that he’s a physical freak and he’ll be a starter sooner rather than later.

    And he’ll go in the second round.

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Not drafting a player with a 1st round pick that going to be somewhere around the 8th to 12th pick to be a complementary player

  • Parsley sage rosemary and thyme

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    Parsley sage rosemary and thyme

    Showing your age Gip, I know I hum S & G stuff all the time, still know all the words......

    .......meanwhile I'm not 100% sold on drafting a QB at #1 but we have championship week, bowls including the 4 team NC mini-playoff to shake things out.

  • Nick Chubb is going to be one of the better steals in this draft. 

    Guy has has tremendous vision and patience to be a successful runner in the NFL. Add in the fact that he’s a physical freak and he’ll be a starter sooner rather than later.

    And he’ll go in the second round.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nick Chubb is going to be one of the better steals in this draft. Guy has has tremendous vision and patience to be a successful runner in the NFL. Add in the fact that he’s a physical freak and he’ll be a starter sooner rather than later.

    And he’ll go in the second round.

    This... ^ >> Scarbor-nogh...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #18

    I really like USC's Ronald Jones II, but he's 6'0, 200lbs, a little too similar to Duke and not quite the replacement for Crowell.

    Ohio State's Mike Weber is only a redshirt soph, but you have to wonder if he might jump to the NFL. Dobbins seems like the man now.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Love Webbs but don't see him as an NFL back.

    I feel like nobody has mentioned Josh Adams and I can't seem to understand why?

  • I really like USC's Ronald Jones II, but he's 6'0, 200lbs, a little too similar to Duke and not quite the replacement for Crowell.

    Ohio State's Mike Weber is only a redshirt soph, but you have to wonder if he might jump to the NFL. Dobbins seems like the man now.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really like USC's Ronald Jones II, but he's 6'0, 200lbs

    Stand him next to Bryce Love and he looks huge... 😉

    I really like Love, but just don't see him lasting as a feature back.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Obviously saquon is the best rb in college but he'll go top 3-4. But scarborough might be there with houstons pick and he's a monster. The conbination of him and duke could be lethal. Scarborough coukd get us back to that power running game from a few years back that made the nfl take notice. Throw duke in later in the game against a worn down defense and we could have a time killing ground game. Also opens up nasty play action options

    Isn't Duke a free agent after this season?

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @dutch-oven said:

    Isn't Duke a free agent after this season?

    No

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I like Josh Adams as a later pick

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I hear what you guys are saying about some of these other guys. But for me and the type of run game id like to see the browns run, keeping Duke and/or Dayes with a "real" power back like Scarborough is what i'd like to see the Browns do. I think modern run games have to be split between multiple backs. The days of that one guy you can count on to carry 20-30 times a game for years on end is over. I want a power run game that opens the field up for our wr's to drop passes.      heh