Skip to content

Im thinkin now QB at #1 and maybe Scarborough if he's there with the houston pick

The Browns Board
30 14 1.6k
  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Bryce Love is the best RB in college ball.  He's incredible.  Might be too small for pros,  but he's awfully fast and hard to tackle for his size. 

    And as mentioned in other threads,  can't sleep on rashaad penny.  He's got over 2k yds this year.  

    JK Dobbins is a better back.  He's a true freshman and is getting 2 more yds per carry than barkley. 

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #11

     Barkley’s overrated. 

    At Alabama, Harris is the better pro prospect. 

    Kerryon Johnson is pretty sick but probably runs a 4.7.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    So are you going to Scarborough fair

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Parsley sage rosemary and thyme

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Nick Chubb is going to be one of the better steals in this draft. 

    Guy has has tremendous vision and patience to be a successful runner in the NFL. Add in the fact that he’s a physical freak and he’ll be a starter sooner rather than later.

    And he’ll go in the second round.

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Not drafting a player with a 1st round pick that going to be somewhere around the 8th to 12th pick to be a complementary player

  • Parsley sage rosemary and thyme

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    Parsley sage rosemary and thyme

    Showing your age Gip, I know I hum S & G stuff all the time, still know all the words......

    .......meanwhile I'm not 100% sold on drafting a QB at #1 but we have championship week, bowls including the 4 team NC mini-playoff to shake things out.

  • Nick Chubb is going to be one of the better steals in this draft. 

    Guy has has tremendous vision and patience to be a successful runner in the NFL. Add in the fact that he’s a physical freak and he’ll be a starter sooner rather than later.

    And he’ll go in the second round.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Nick Chubb is going to be one of the better steals in this draft. Guy has has tremendous vision and patience to be a successful runner in the NFL. Add in the fact that he’s a physical freak and he’ll be a starter sooner rather than later.

    And he’ll go in the second round.

    This... ^ >> Scarbor-nogh...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #18

    I really like USC's Ronald Jones II, but he's 6'0, 200lbs, a little too similar to Duke and not quite the replacement for Crowell.

    Ohio State's Mike Weber is only a redshirt soph, but you have to wonder if he might jump to the NFL. Dobbins seems like the man now.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Love Webbs but don't see him as an NFL back.

    I feel like nobody has mentioned Josh Adams and I can't seem to understand why?

  • I really like USC's Ronald Jones II, but he's 6'0, 200lbs, a little too similar to Duke and not quite the replacement for Crowell.

    Ohio State's Mike Weber is only a redshirt soph, but you have to wonder if he might jump to the NFL. Dobbins seems like the man now.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really like USC's Ronald Jones II, but he's 6'0, 200lbs

    Stand him next to Bryce Love and he looks huge... 😉

    I really like Love, but just don't see him lasting as a feature back.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Obviously saquon is the best rb in college but he'll go top 3-4. But scarborough might be there with houstons pick and he's a monster. The conbination of him and duke could be lethal. Scarborough coukd get us back to that power running game from a few years back that made the nfl take notice. Throw duke in later in the game against a worn down defense and we could have a time killing ground game. Also opens up nasty play action options

    Isn't Duke a free agent after this season?

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @dutch-oven said:

    Isn't Duke a free agent after this season?

    No

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I like Josh Adams as a later pick

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I hear what you guys are saying about some of these other guys. But for me and the type of run game id like to see the browns run, keeping Duke and/or Dayes with a "real" power back like Scarborough is what i'd like to see the Browns do. I think modern run games have to be split between multiple backs. The days of that one guy you can count on to carry 20-30 times a game for years on end is over. I want a power run game that opens the field up for our wr's to drop passes.      heh

  • I hear what you guys are saying about some of these other guys. But for me and the type of run game id like to see the browns run, keeping Duke and/or Dayes with a "real" power back like Scarborough is what i'd like to see the Browns do. I think modern run games have to be split between multiple backs. The days of that one guy you can count on to carry 20-30 times a game for years on end is over. I want a power run game that opens the field up for our wr's to drop passes.      heh

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @clevfan4life said:

    I hear what you guys are saying about some of these other guys. But for me and the type of run game id like to see the browns run, keeping Duke and/or Dayes with a "real" power back like Scarborough is what i'd like to see the Browns do. I think modern run games have to be split between multiple backs. The days of that one guy you can count on to carry 20-30 times a game for years on end is over. I want a power run game that opens the field up for our wr's to drop passes.      heh

    I agree that the one back team is only going to happen in very unique situations like Dallas.  The Browns are going to need the two types of backs to keep teams off balance.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I hear what you guys are saying about some of these other guys. But for me and the type of run game id like to see the browns run, keeping Duke and/or Dayes with a "real" power back like Scarborough is what i'd like to see the Browns do. I think modern run games have to be split between multiple backs. The days of that one guy you can count on to carry 20-30 times a game for years on end is over. I want a power run game that opens the field up for our wr's to drop passes.      heh

    I agree that the one back team is only going to happen in very unique situations like Dallas.  The Browns are going to need the two types of backs to keep teams off balance.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @baconhound said:

    I agree that the one back team is only going to happen in very unique situations like Dallas.  The Browns are going to need the two types of backs to keep teams off balance.

    I'd like to see a big bowling ball at FB get acquired. Like a dude that doesn't care about holding the ball....just wants to find Pgh LB'ers and put his helmet in their ear hole like it's a porn shoot and there's all kinds of holes to be had.

  • @baconhound said:

    I agree that the one back team is only going to happen in very unique situations like Dallas.  The Browns are going to need the two types of backs to keep teams off balance.

    I'd like to see a big bowling ball at FB get acquired. Like a dude that doesn't care about holding the ball....just wants to find Pgh LB'ers and put his helmet in their ear hole like it's a porn shoot and there's all kinds of holes to be had.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'd like to see a big bowling ball at FB get acquired. Like a dude that doesn't care about holding the ball....just wants to find Pgh LB'ers and put his helmet in their ear hole like it's a porn shoot and there's all kinds of holes to be had.

    I'd like to see an all-purpose guy like Dimitri Flowers

  • @baconhound said:

    I agree that the one back team is only going to happen in very unique situations like Dallas.  The Browns are going to need the two types of backs to keep teams off balance.

    I'd like to see a big bowling ball at FB get acquired. Like a dude that doesn't care about holding the ball....just wants to find Pgh LB'ers and put his helmet in their ear hole like it's a porn shoot and there's all kinds of holes to be had.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'd like to see a big bowling ball at FB get acquired. Like a dude that doesn't care about holding the ball....just wants to find Pgh LB'ers and put his helmet in their ear hole like it's a porn shoot and there's all kinds of holes to be had.

    Problem is virtually no one uses a FB... We would have to go back to the I formation and good luck finding one in the NFL or college

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I'd like to see a big bowling ball at FB get acquired. Like a dude that doesn't care about holding the ball....just wants to find Pgh LB'ers and put his helmet in their ear hole like it's a porn shoot and there's all kinds of holes to be had.

    Problem is virtually no one uses a FB... We would have to go back to the I formation and good luck finding one in the NFL or college

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Problem is virtually no one uses a FB... We would have to go back to the I formation and good luck finding one in the NFL or college

    Aaron Rodgers and The Pack is a good example of an offense that uses one.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Problem is virtually no one uses a FB... We would have to go back to the I formation and good luck finding one in the NFL or college

    Aaron Rodgers and The Pack is a good example of an offense that uses one.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @baconhound said:

    Aaron Rodgers and The Pack is a good example of an offense that uses one.

    You are absolutely right, they do.

    Fullbacks are a dying breed, but I did suggest before the season started that perhaps the best thing for this team to do is become the '85 Browns.... Pound the ball, keep the offense as simple as possible for your rookie QB, try to win ugly games. Having a FB would help to do that.