Go back to the NFL Jim
-
I for the life of me don't understand why anyone would want to see them successful just so the rivalry is better. The rivalry is the rivalry.
I'd rather see Ohio State catch up in the all time series, which they are certainly on their way to.
I for the life of me don't understand why anyone would want to see them successful just so the rivalry is better. The rivalry is the rivalry.
I'd rather see Ohio State catch up in the all time series, which they are certainly on their way to.
Any edge that FMU has was gained in the very early years, when FMU was a powerhouse in football and OSU was actually, admittedly, only on the level with teams like Oberlin. They were a cupcake. The record up to 1928 was that MU won 19, lost 3, and tied 2.
It was like Alabama taking on Mercer. But, once Ohio State got into football seriously...they have pretty much dominated the series, since the late 20s...with only the John Cooper era being the only real downturn.
So, since the late 20s, OSU has dominated every decade...except the Cooper years....and the Bo/Woody years....when things were quite even. It was Bo 5, Woody 4 with 1 tie.
-
I for the life of me don't understand why anyone would want to see them successful just so the rivalry is better. The rivalry is the rivalry.
I'd rather see Ohio State catch up in the all time series, which they are certainly on their way to.
Do you remember when they used to call the BIG TEN the big two and little eight? If you beat any of the eight it was a big "so what" it kind of still is with the expanded bottom group minus maybe Wisconsin and Penn State. It does dilute your wins and prestige nationally you hear about it CONSTANTLY now how great the SEC is.
And I much prefer a good ol' 11-0 battle of #1 OHIO STATE vs #2 "m" a whole lot more. Who wants to beat a perennial wienie every year? And I don't really care how "m" racked up all those wins pre 1900 hell they will still riding horses to the game back then.

.......then the BUCKEYES can whoop them, make sense? Eh?
Do you remember when they used to call the BIG TEN the big two and little eight? If you beat any of the eight it was a big "so what" it kind of still is with the expanded bottom group minus maybe Wisconsin and Penn State. It does dilute your wins and prestige nationally you hear about it CONSTANTLY now how great the SEC is.
And I much prefer a good ol' 11-0 battle of #1 OHIO STATE vs #2 "m" a whole lot more. Who wants to beat a perennial wienie every year? And I don't really care how "m" racked up all those wins pre 1900 hell they will still riding horses to the game back then.

.......then the BUCKEYES can whoop them, make sense? Eh?
Well, you could say in a sense that yes....we don't mind if TUN sucks forever. I mean....look at the OSU/Indiana rivalry. If you think about it, from a geographical standpoint that rivalry would be just as significant as the OSU/UM rivalry. It isn't because Indiana sucks at football. But if it were the other way around....if Indiana were good and Mich. was bad, then it could have been the OSU/Ind. rivalry that was so great...
So, no, I don't care if UM begins to be on a par with Indiana. Besides....as I have always said....if it weren't for the people from Ohio that go to Michigan...then Michigan would be on a level with Indiana. Think about it: Bo....from Ohio. 2 of the three UM Heisman winners: Howard and Woodson, from Ohio. Even Harbaugh is from Ohio...born in Toledo.
-
Do you remember when they used to call the BIG TEN the big two and little eight? If you beat any of the eight it was a big "so what" it kind of still is with the expanded bottom group minus maybe Wisconsin and Penn State. It does dilute your wins and prestige nationally you hear about it CONSTANTLY now how great the SEC is.
And I much prefer a good ol' 11-0 battle of #1 OHIO STATE vs #2 "m" a whole lot more. Who wants to beat a perennial wienie every year? And I don't really care how "m" racked up all those wins pre 1900 hell they will still riding horses to the game back then.

.......then the BUCKEYES can whoop them, make sense? Eh?
Well, you could say in a sense that yes....we don't mind if TUN sucks forever. I mean....look at the OSU/Indiana rivalry. If you think about it, from a geographical standpoint that rivalry would be just as significant as the OSU/UM rivalry. It isn't because Indiana sucks at football. But if it were the other way around....if Indiana were good and Mich. was bad, then it could have been the OSU/Ind. rivalry that was so great...
So, no, I don't care if UM begins to be on a par with Indiana. Besides....as I have always said....if it weren't for the people from Ohio that go to Michigan...then Michigan would be on a level with Indiana. Think about it: Bo....from Ohio. 2 of the three UM Heisman winners: Howard and Woodson, from Ohio. Even Harbaugh is from Ohio...born in Toledo.
Well, you could say in a sense that yes....we don't mind if TUN sucks forever. I mean....look at the OSU/Indiana rivalry. If you think about it, from a geographical standpoint that rivalry would be just as significant as the OSU/UM rivalry. It isn't because Indiana sucks at football. But if it were the other way around....if Indiana were good and Mich. was bad, then it could have been the OSU/Ind. rivalry that was so great...
So, no, I don't care if UM begins to be on a par with Indiana. Besides....as I have always said....if it weren't for the people from Ohio that go to Michigan...then Michigan would be on a level with Indiana. Think about it: Bo....from Ohio. 2 of the three UM Heisman winners: Howard and Woodson, from Ohio. Even Harbaugh is from Ohio...born in Toledo.
Yes if you go way back both here Ohio/Michigan and natonally Ohio was known as the "cradle of coaches" still is in many circles.
Michigan coaches will readily tell you that, good high school coaches and football develops good talent even with a diminished population base from decades past.
-
I for the life of me don't understand why anyone would want to see them successful just so the rivalry is better. The rivalry is the rivalry.
I'd rather see Ohio State catch up in the all time series, which they are certainly on their way to.
Any edge that FMU has was gained in the very early years, when FMU was a powerhouse in football and OSU was actually, admittedly, only on the level with teams like Oberlin. They were a cupcake. The record up to 1928 was that MU won 19, lost 3, and tied 2.
It was like Alabama taking on Mercer. But, once Ohio State got into football seriously...they have pretty much dominated the series, since the late 20s...with only the John Cooper era being the only real downturn.
So, since the late 20s, OSU has dominated every decade...except the Cooper years....and the Bo/Woody years....when things were quite even. It was Bo 5, Woody 4 with 1 tie.
Any edge that FMU has was gained in the very early years, when FMU was a powerhouse in football and OSU was actually, admittedly, only on the level with teams like Oberlin. They were a cupcake. The record up to 1928 was that MU won 19, lost 3, and tied 2.
It was like Alabama taking on Mercer. But, once Ohio State got into football seriously...they have pretty much dominated the series, since the late 20s...with only the John Cooper era being the only real downturn.
So, since the late 20s, OSU has dominated every decade...except the Cooper years....and the Bo/Woody years....when things were quite even. It was Bo 5, Woody 4 with 1 tie.
I'm aware. But someone on here said they'd like the rivalry to be more balanced or some crap like that, i.e. Michigan win a few. Screw that.
And yeah, I'd love to see my rivals go 0-12 every year. Maybe not LSU, but definitely Texas, and definitely Michigan.
-
Any edge that FMU has was gained in the very early years, when FMU was a powerhouse in football and OSU was actually, admittedly, only on the level with teams like Oberlin. They were a cupcake. The record up to 1928 was that MU won 19, lost 3, and tied 2.
It was like Alabama taking on Mercer. But, once Ohio State got into football seriously...they have pretty much dominated the series, since the late 20s...with only the John Cooper era being the only real downturn.
So, since the late 20s, OSU has dominated every decade...except the Cooper years....and the Bo/Woody years....when things were quite even. It was Bo 5, Woody 4 with 1 tie.
I'm aware. But someone on here said they'd like the rivalry to be more balanced or some crap like that, i.e. Michigan win a few. Screw that.
And yeah, I'd love to see my rivals go 0-12 every year. Maybe not LSU, but definitely Texas, and definitely Michigan.
I'm aware. But someone on here said they'd like the rivalry to be more balanced or some crap like that, i.e. Michigan win a few. Screw that.
And yeah, I'd love to see my rivals go 0-12 every year. Maybe not LSU, but definitely Texas, and definitely Michigan.
Competitive yes so they are respected and highly ranked. ........BUT OHIO STATE STILL WINS! I'm not that generous vs "m".

-
I for the life of me don't understand why anyone would want to see them successful just so the rivalry is better. The rivalry is the rivalry.
I'd rather see Ohio State catch up in the all time series, which they are certainly on their way to.
I for the life of me don't understand why anyone would want to see them successful just so the rivalry is better. The rivalry is the rivalry.
I'd rather see Ohio State catch up in the all time series, which they are certainly on their way to.
I don't give a sh!t what happened in Michigan's pre ww2 glory days. The rivalry being better helps in times like right now when the committee wants to gobble Nick Saban's miniature penis. If Michigan was a good win it would be harder to make a case for Alabama and their 11 wins over the sisters of St. Joseph.
-
Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.
Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.
-
Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.
Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.
Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.
Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.
You never know. Lots of teams beat lots of other teams that no one thought they would beat. Who thought Iowa would beat Ohio State?
-
Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.
Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.
You never know. Lots of teams beat lots of other teams that no one thought they would beat. Who thought Iowa would beat Ohio State?
You never know. Lots of teams beat lots of other teams that no one thought they would beat. Who thought Iowa would beat Ohio State?
Parity in today's college football is nearing professional football it's hard to be ready every week.....how many undefeated teams this year? How many strange upsets?
Teams all have good facilities, training, coaching now even D-1AA, I see it even at schools now like YSU, we had nothing when I first went there in 1968, now wow no high school facilities they have indoor 100 yard indoor facilities with a track field around it.
......oh YSU took D-1A PITT to OT in game 1 this year.
-
Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.
Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.
Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.
Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.
I didn't think Syracuse stood a snowball's chance in hell, but they beat that #1 Clemson team THIS year.
-
Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.
Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.
I didn't think Syracuse stood a snowball's chance in hell, but they beat that #1 Clemson team THIS year.
And Iowa State beat Oklahoma. Also....Syracuse lost every game after beating Clemson....so even ACC cupcakes beat them.
I didn't think Syracuse stood a snowball's chance in hell, but they beat that #1 Clemson team THIS year.
-
Also...on this subject: there are also rumors that Jim Harbaugh may be a candidate for the NY Giants job.
Again, probably mere speculation......but despite Woody's protestations, his name keeps cropping up.
And Jim Harbaugh in NYC? You would think that Ringling Bros. was in town.
-
Also...on this subject: there are also rumors that Jim Harbaugh may be a candidate for the NY Giants job.
Again, probably mere speculation......but despite Woody's protestations, his name keeps cropping up.
And Jim Harbaugh in NYC? You would think that Ringling Bros. was in town.
Also...on this subject: there are also rumors that Jim Harbaugh may be a candidate for the NY Giants job.
Again, probably mere speculation......but despite Woody's protestations, his name keeps cropping up.
And Jim Harbaugh in NYC? You would think that Ringling Bros. was in town.
Like I said in the other thread.. the guy that apparently in the mix to leave for the nfl... Is doing extra recruiting in Mississippi to help his college team.
Yeah he's definitely leaving
-
Also...on this subject: there are also rumors that Jim Harbaugh may be a candidate for the NY Giants job.
Again, probably mere speculation......but despite Woody's protestations, his name keeps cropping up.
And Jim Harbaugh in NYC? You would think that Ringling Bros. was in town.
Like I said in the other thread.. the guy that apparently in the mix to leave for the nfl... Is doing extra recruiting in Mississippi to help his college team.
Yeah he's definitely leaving
Like I said in the other thread.. the guy that apparently in the mix to leave for the nfl... Is doing extra recruiting in Mississippi to help his college team.
Yeah he's definitely leaving
Of course he is still recruiting. He would have to keep up pretenses. I am not saying he is leaving...all I am saying is that there is a smoke from a distant fire. If it was in his mind, like I said, he would still keep up the pretense, because he would probably want to do a favor to the guy that replaces him by getting Good players for him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login