Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Bengals Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
231 43 5.5k
  • bullsht call on peppers. That play needs to be reviewable

    @clevfan4life said:

    bullsht call on peppers. That play needs to be reviewable

    They've been trying to gay up the game for some time now. It's working too

  • And a drop to close.

  • And why didn't they call cincy for taunting? why why why. We suck I know but the refs are way making sure we stay at te bottom, 

  • And why didn't they call cincy for taunting? why why why. We suck I know but the refs are way making sure we stay at te bottom, 

    @medicineman said:

    And why didn't they call cincy for taunting? why why why. We suck I know but the refs are way making sure we stay at te bottom, 

    Gotta earn respect. 

  • cowpoop call against peppers to seal the game away.  key drops by both offense and defense and a horrible run defense today kept this game out of reach.  seriously every time the bengals get past the 20 yard line it was automatic points for them today.  frustrating game for sure.

  • I'm gonna rem colemans bread basket drop for awhile. I know I've been shilling for taking a qb #1 next year, and I still think we should....but Kizer's season might have looked a lil better with a diff rec corp. He's made enough goofy mistakes on his own that had nothing to do with the rec's, based on that i'm ready to move on cause the talent at QB this year is unpassable.....but I also worry what the next guy is gonna have to deal with. These constant game changing drops are on my last nerve. It really is a return to the Braylon Edwards days. Is there something about the balls the browns use? Have we been using the kicking balls for years or something? I just don't get it.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately Hue knows even less about RBs than he has shown this far with QBs. Dayes will still sit on the bench to watch the crow blindly stumble up the butts of the OL. Hopefully shortly thereafter Hue stumbles and bumbles his way out the door as he has stumbled and bumbled through loss after loss. The best news we've had all week is that they just might be letting him go.

    Yeah...I intentionally didn't address that. It's no secret Hue is fighting for his life, but I don't think the best strategy is to can him and start all over. I'm more inclined to get rid of Sashi's arrogant butt and keep our coaching staff (although I'm growing tired of Chris Tabor's pathetic special teams). I can't blame our awful talent on Hue. Just look at our QBs. Now, Hue isn't without fault. His clock management is awful. His red zone execution is miserable. But our overall talent SUCKS and our defense has let us down in the red zone too many times. We scored 28 points in the Colts game. That's GOT TO BE ENOUGH for our team to win. Granted, our defense has for the most part kept us IN more games than not, but whatever. After the Colts game I said we'd never score 28 again. We haven't, and we won't. 

    I'm just wanting "the game". The game where it all goes our way. We hit the long bomb touchdown, we get the pick-6, we recover the muffed punt, we get the sack-fumble, Garrett has 3 sacks, we nail a trick play, and so on and so on. It's freaking time, man. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yeah...I intentionally didn't address that. It's no secret Hue is fighting for his life, but I don't think the best strategy is to can him and start all over. I'm more inclined to get rid of Sashi's arrogant butt and keep our coaching staff (although I'm growing tired of Chris Tabor's pathetic special teams). I can't blame our awful talent on Hue. Just look at our QBs. Now, Hue isn't without fault. His clock management is awful. His red zone execution is miserable. But our overall talent SUCKS and our defense has let us down in the red zone too many times. We scored 28 points in the Colts game. That's GOT TO BE ENOUGH for our team to win. Granted, our defense has for the most part kept us IN more games than not, but whatever. After the Colts game I said we'd never score 28 again. We haven't, and we won't. 

    I'm just wanting "the game". The game where it all goes our way. We hit the long bomb touchdown, we get the pick-6, we recover the muffed punt, we get the sack-fumble, Garrett has 3 sacks, we nail a trick play, and so on and so on. It's freaking time, man. 

    Browns need to start over ... we can get a better coach than this.

  • I'm gonna rem colemans bread basket drop for awhile. I know I've been shilling for taking a qb #1 next year, and I still think we should....but Kizer's season might have looked a lil better with a diff rec corp. He's made enough goofy mistakes on his own that had nothing to do with the rec's, based on that i'm ready to move on cause the talent at QB this year is unpassable.....but I also worry what the next guy is gonna have to deal with. These constant game changing drops are on my last nerve. It really is a return to the Braylon Edwards days. Is there something about the balls the browns use? Have we been using the kicking balls for years or something? I just don't get it.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'm gonna rem colemans bread basket drop for awhile. I know I've been shilling for taking a qb #1 next year, and I still think we should....but Kizer's season might have looked a lil better with a diff rec corp. He's made enough goofy mistakes on his own that had nothing to do with the rec's, based on that i'm ready to move on cause the talent at QB this year is unpassable.....but I also worry what the next guy is gonna have to deal with. These constant game changing drops are on my last nerve. It really is a return to the Braylon Edwards days. Is there something about the balls the browns use? Have we been using the kicking balls for years or something? I just don't get it.

    They need someone with a good football background and balls to run the team. 

  • I'm gonna rem colemans bread basket drop for awhile. I know I've been shilling for taking a qb #1 next year, and I still think we should....but Kizer's season might have looked a lil better with a diff rec corp. He's made enough goofy mistakes on his own that had nothing to do with the rec's, based on that i'm ready to move on cause the talent at QB this year is unpassable.....but I also worry what the next guy is gonna have to deal with. These constant game changing drops are on my last nerve. It really is a return to the Braylon Edwards days. Is there something about the balls the browns use? Have we been using the kicking balls for years or something? I just don't get it.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'm gonna rem colemans bread basket drop for awhile. I know I've been shilling for taking a qb #1 next year, and I still think we should....but Kizer's season might have looked a lil better with a diff rec corp. He's made enough goofy mistakes on his own that had nothing to do with the rec's, based on that i'm ready to move on cause the talent at QB this year is unpassable.....but I also worry what the next guy is gonna have to deal with. These constant game changing drops are on my last nerve. It really is a return to the Braylon Edwards days. Is there something about the balls the browns use? Have we been using the kicking balls for years or something? I just don't get it.

    Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Yeah...I intentionally didn't address that. It's no secret Hue is fighting for his life, but I don't think the best strategy is to can him and start all over. I'm more inclined to get rid of Sashi's arrogant butt and keep our coaching staff (although I'm growing tired of Chris Tabor's pathetic special teams). I can't blame our awful talent on Hue. Just look at our QBs. Now, Hue isn't without fault. His clock management is awful. His red zone execution is miserable. But our overall talent SUCKS and our defense has let us down in the red zone too many times. We scored 28 points in the Colts game. That's GOT TO BE ENOUGH for our team to win. Granted, our defense has for the most part kept us IN more games than not, but whatever. After the Colts game I said we'd never score 28 again. We haven't, and we won't. 

    I'm just wanting "the game". The game where it all goes our way. We hit the long bomb touchdown, we get the pick-6, we recover the muffed punt, we get the sack-fumble, Garrett has 3 sacks, we nail a trick play, and so on and so on. It's freaking time, man. 

    Browns need to start over ... we can get a better coach than this.

    @send-in-the-clowns said:

    Browns need to start over ... we can get a better coach than this.

    and we'll be right back here in a year, no change. I'm sorry but until browns fans realize this I'm afraid we're gonna be a 1 win team for a long time

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I'm gonna rem colemans bread basket drop for awhile. I know I've been shilling for taking a qb #1 next year, and I still think we should....but Kizer's season might have looked a lil better with a diff rec corp. He's made enough goofy mistakes on his own that had nothing to do with the rec's, based on that i'm ready to move on cause the talent at QB this year is unpassable.....but I also worry what the next guy is gonna have to deal with. These constant game changing drops are on my last nerve. It really is a return to the Braylon Edwards days. Is there something about the balls the browns use? Have we been using the kicking balls for years or something? I just don't get it.

    Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

    @send-in-the-clowns said:

    Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

    You really want this front office to go after another FA wide receiver?

  • cowpoop call against peppers to seal the game away.  key drops by both offense and defense and a horrible run defense today kept this game out of reach.  seriously every time the bengals get past the 20 yard line it was automatic points for them today.  frustrating game for sure.

    @browns1216 said:

    cowpoop call against peppers to seal the game away.  key drops by both offense and defense and a horrible run defense today kept this game out of reach.  seriously every time the bengals get past the 20 yard line it was automatic points for them today.  frustrating game for sure.

    And yes, the talent sis mediocre, but so is the coaching staff.  My 92 year old mom watched the Browns last Sunday and then another game and said, "The Browns look so much slower and unmotivated compared to other teams."  That sums it up!

  • @send-in-the-clowns said:

    Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

    You really want this front office to go after another FA wide receiver?

    @richiswhere said:

    You really want this front office to go after another FA wide receiver?

    Not this front office to go after a FA receiver!  The next one!!!! They need a quality experienced receiver who can reliably catch the ball!  Over pay!  These fans deserve something to cheer for.  Enoguh of the garbage!

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I'm gonna rem colemans bread basket drop for awhile. I know I've been shilling for taking a qb #1 next year, and I still think we should....but Kizer's season might have looked a lil better with a diff rec corp. He's made enough goofy mistakes on his own that had nothing to do with the rec's, based on that i'm ready to move on cause the talent at QB this year is unpassable.....but I also worry what the next guy is gonna have to deal with. These constant game changing drops are on my last nerve. It really is a return to the Braylon Edwards days. Is there something about the balls the browns use? Have we been using the kicking balls for years or something? I just don't get it.

    Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

    @send-in-the-clowns said:

    Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

    kizer should not have played this year except in a backup capacity. That is on the FO. They got rid of mccown cause hey we got assweileer. Kizer has potential, we saw it today. Just don't think we can wait for that. He's 2 years away minimum. With guys like Rosen coming out this year can we wait that long?

  • @send-in-the-clowns said:

    Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

    You really want this front office to go after another FA wide receiver?

    @richiswhere said:

    You really want this front office to go after another FA wide receiver?

    I wouldn't mind Manning chosing our rec corps

  • @send-in-the-clowns said:

    Browns need to start over ... we can get a better coach than this.

    and we'll be right back here in a year, no change. I'm sorry but until browns fans realize this I'm afraid we're gonna be a 1 win team for a long time

    @clevfan4life said:

    and we'll be right back here in a year, no change. I'm sorry but until browns fans realize this I'm afraid we're gonna be a 1 win team for a long time

    I don't know.  I think you gotta keep trying, as head shaking as that is.    This current crowd is terrible at evaluating talent -- almost as bad as Farmer, the worst  GM of all time! And that's a fact!

  • Don't feel like reading back this thread, as watching the game once was more than enough for me..... but that call on Peppers was phucking awful. 

    The NFL is slowly becoming unwatchable on so many levels, and trust me, (Hue?) for me to say that is saying something. 

  • It's not Ricardo - it's Rockhardo Hands-Louis

    @flugel said:

    It's not Ricardo - it's Rockhardo Hands-Louis

    I watched Louis play all his games at Auburn and thought he was mediocre and was stunned when the Browns took him.

  • @richiswhere said:

    You really want this front office to go after another FA wide receiver?

    Not this front office to go after a FA receiver!  The next one!!!! They need a quality experienced receiver who can reliably catch the ball!  Over pay!  These fans deserve something to cheer for.  Enoguh of the garbage!

    @send-in-the-clowns said:

    Not this front office to go after a FA receiver!  The next one!!!! They need a quality experienced receiver who can reliably catch the ball!  Over pay!  These fans deserve something to cheer for.  Enoguh of the garbage!

    Ok thanks for the clarification 

    @clevfan4life said:

    I wouldn't mind Manning chosing our rec corps

    Would be interesting if this were to happen

  • @send-in-the-clowns said:

    Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

    kizer should not have played this year except in a backup capacity. That is on the FO. They got rid of mccown cause hey we got assweileer. Kizer has potential, we saw it today. Just don't think we can wait for that. He's 2 years away minimum. With guys like Rosen coming out this year can we wait that long?

    @clevfan4life said:

    kizer should not have played this year except in a backup capacity. That is on the FO. They got rid of mccown cause hey we got assweileer. Kizer has potential, we saw it today. Just don't think we can wait for that. He's 2 years away minimum. With guys like Rosen coming out this year can we wait that long?

    Again I don't understand this.  You could've started the season with Mccown/Kizer/Osweiler and had Hogan on the practice squad.  It appears that Hue wasn't sold that Kessler or Hogan was the future of the franchise so why keep them around.