***Official Browns @ Bengals Game Day Thread***
-
I don't have a good feeling about this game at all. Like you mention, Cincy's basically destroyed us since 2015, and we rank last in points scored.
Happy Thanksgiving all.
Sidenote: I always root for the Lions on Thanksgiving (unless they play the Brownsof course).
Favorite Thanksgiving game....Lions 45 Steelers 3, 1983.
-
Great point. I checked on the weather and the one site I looked at said the weather will be perfect. About 40 degrees and partly cloudy! I still think Mixon will fumble and we'll get it. Not sure why...but I feel it. And you're right...Britt had that terrible drop that turned into a pick, and we fell apart after our kicker missed.
But the Bengals are still going to have a ton of confidence this week. They killed us last time, it's in Cincy, and they're still fighting for the playoffs (I think). Burfict will also be a tremendous headache for us, and we'll need better performances from our OL, specifically Zeitler. He really struggled last week and it hurt us.
Your point about "any given Sunday" is what makes our team so strange. Even terrible teams get the occasional win, yet somehow that eludes us. It doesn't make sense! Statistically, there should have been games where things just went our way, right? Lol. Maybe it's this week. I've seen the Bengals have some real stinkers this year. Hopefully another one is on the menu.
Great point. I checked on the weather and the one site I looked at said the weather will be perfect. About 40 degrees and partly cloudy! I still think Mixon will fumble and we'll get it. Not sure why...but I feel it. And you're right...Britt had that terrible drop that turned into a pick, and we fell apart after our kicker missed.
But the Bengals are still going to have a ton of confidence this week. They killed us last time, it's in Cincy, and they're still fighting for the playoffs (I think). Burfict will also be a tremendous headache for us, and we'll need better performances from our OL, specifically Zeitler. He really struggled last week and it hurt us.
Your point about "any given Sunday" is what makes our team so strange. Even terrible teams get the occasional win, yet somehow that eludes us. It doesn't make sense! Statistically, there should have been games where things just went our way, right? Lol. Maybe it's this week. I've seen the Bengals have some real stinkers this year. Hopefully another one is on the menu.
Ravens are now 6th seed with a 5-5 score, so the 4-6 Bengals still have many possibilities to get a Wilcard. This year they're going to be pretty cheap in the AFC.
Another battle that can be won is the penalties: If we have very few, like last game (that was astonishing, 0 penalties?!), that's something for us. Cincy averages 60 yards/game. Dalton has 8 INTs, let's hope he saved one for us, too.
I'm trying to put up only the positives, because if you compare the worst team in the league with any other, you obviously won't get many stats that favor your victory.
-
Use to know this roster?..not any more.. the injury list won't help G. Williams this week..But we have 10 WR's (2 PS), 4 TE's.. Does Telfer or Lengel tackle? Our starting LDE & R will be splitting reps between Naz,Nate or Ty-u-clutz Holmes..Our back-up LB's may star as backups from Lion King? Led by Neon" Deon King, Bello's & a Josh "has no" Keyes.. If Williams decides to get a starting DB a breathier? Welcome to the Jungle of Micheal Jordan,D.Hillary, 4 game x-bengal Derron Smith & a Justin "i got no shot" Currie..UuuuFFfff!! get to 20 & hope for a Carrot Top Collapse...Edit--wait for it, Our billion dollar OL..Durango's techs may have been game tape monster'd.(slide Nevada's LT Joel over?) Tretter has many dings of lower body injuries (them's hockey terms).When S.Coleman looks bad? it's Erving bad..Next man up? T-Zach Banner,C-Reiter & G-M.Martin & 3 PS no name OT's in Kirven,Salako & Wylie..Bonus question? Who is RB Josh Rounds added to PS this week(why not Wilds?) & who stole T.Mcgee from our PS?
-
Great point. I checked on the weather and the one site I looked at said the weather will be perfect. About 40 degrees and partly cloudy! I still think Mixon will fumble and we'll get it. Not sure why...but I feel it. And you're right...Britt had that terrible drop that turned into a pick, and we fell apart after our kicker missed.
But the Bengals are still going to have a ton of confidence this week. They killed us last time, it's in Cincy, and they're still fighting for the playoffs (I think). Burfict will also be a tremendous headache for us, and we'll need better performances from our OL, specifically Zeitler. He really struggled last week and it hurt us.
Your point about "any given Sunday" is what makes our team so strange. Even terrible teams get the occasional win, yet somehow that eludes us. It doesn't make sense! Statistically, there should have been games where things just went our way, right? Lol. Maybe it's this week. I've seen the Bengals have some real stinkers this year. Hopefully another one is on the menu.
Ravens are now 6th seed with a 5-5 score, so the 4-6 Bengals still have many possibilities to get a Wilcard. This year they're going to be pretty cheap in the AFC.
Another battle that can be won is the penalties: If we have very few, like last game (that was astonishing, 0 penalties?!), that's something for us. Cincy averages 60 yards/game. Dalton has 8 INTs, let's hope he saved one for us, too.
I'm trying to put up only the positives, because if you compare the worst team in the league with any other, you obviously won't get many stats that favor your victory.
Ravens are now 6th seed with a 5-5 score, so the 4-6 Bengals still have many possibilities to get a Wilcard. This year they're going to be pretty cheap in the AFC.
Another battle that can be won is the penalties: If we have very few, like last game (that was astonishing, 0 penalties?!), Cincy averages 60 yards/game.
I'm trying to put up only the positives, because if you compare the worst team in the league with any other, you obviously won't get many stats that favor your victory.
Well, we are good against the run. And the Bengals are pretty much the worst team running it, so that's a good one. The Ogbah injury is devastating, as I could really tell he and Garrett were feeding off each other. Garrett was solid last week, but not spectacular. We need spectacular. And I think we get it. I'm going with 2.5 sacks, another 2 tackles for loss, and possibly a forced fumble. Garrett is going to explode....that's a positive. Our team is still fighting, and that's important. Something tells me that this Bengals team might be overconfident Sunday. That would be a mistake. I just wish Gordon was playing...
-
Well things to be thankful for........
.
Thanksgiving Day football, once a tradition among the high schools and colleges of America, has more or less faded into oblivion in most sections of the country.
But it is still alive in the National Football League in two franchise cities, Detroit and Dallas, where Thanksgiving Day football has become a normal, expected way of life. Beginning in 1966, Dallas has missed playing on the holiday only in 1975 and 1977.
However, when it comes to Thanksgiving Day football, NFL style, most fans first think of the Lions and the tradition that was started in 1934. It was their first year in Detroit after a local radio executive, George A. Richards, had purchased the Portsmouth (Ohio) Spartans and moved the team to Detroit. The Spartans were members of the NFL from 1930 to 1933
With the Spartans, not only was Richards bringing a proven, quality team to Detroit, he was also bringing at least one super-star, Earl "Dutch" Clark, one of the most versatile backs ever to play the game. Clark had an outstanding supporting cast in the Detroit backfield with a big, talented line anchored by Frank Christiansen.
Even though he knew there was some risk in scheduling a game on Thanksgiving Day, Richards also recognized that his Lions were taking a back seat to the baseball Tigers on the sports pages. So as one way of attracting Motor City fans during the team's first season, he opted for the Thanksgiving Day contest.
The matchup between the Lions and the World Champion Chicago Bears proved to be an all-time classic. The 1934 Lions had not allowed a touchdown until their eighth game and entered the game with the Bears with a 10-1 record. But with 11 straight wins, Chicago had an even better record. Still a win would put the Lions into a first-place tie with the Bears with only a game left, a repeat clash with the Bears in Chicago, just three days later on December 2.
The 26,000 tickets for the Turkey Day clash in the University of Detroit Stadium, were sold out two weeks in advance of the game. It was estimated that another 25,000 would have attended had there been seats available.
The Bears edged out the Lions 19-16 in the classic holiday struggle and then prevailed 10-7 three days later to clinch the NFL Western Division crown.
Not despondent over the last two losses, Richards reasoned that his team had done well in its first year in Detroit. His confidence was rewarded the next year when the Lions won the 1935 NFL Championship. The key game in the title drive came on Thanksgiving Day, when the Lions defeated the Bears 14-2 to clinch the West championship.
Thus the football-on-Thanksgiving tradition became firmly established in Detroit. With the exception of a six-season gap from 1939 to 1944, the Thanksgiving Day game has been played with no interruptions.
The Detroit Lions Thanksgiving Day heritage gained national attention in another way, starting with the very first game in 1934. Knowing the publicity potential of radio, Richards along with NBC Radio, set up a 94-station network to broadcast the Lions-Bears showdown. The famous announcing team of Graham McNamee and Don Wilson described the action. -
Nov. 27, 1947 Chicago Bears 34, DETROIT LIONS 14 (AAFC) - San Francisco 49ers 21, BROOKLYN DODGERS 7 (AAFC) - Cleveland Browns 27, LOS ANGELES DONS 17 Nov. 25, 1948 Chicago Cardinals 28, DETROIT LIONS 14 (AAFC) - Cleveland Browns 31, LOS ANGELES DONS 14 (AAFC) - Buffalo Bills 39, CHICAGO ROCKETS 35 Nov. 24, 1949 Chicago Bears 28, DETROIT LIONS 7 (AAFC) - Cleveland Browns 14, CHICAGO HORNETS 6 (AAFC) - Brooklyn-New York Yankees 17, LOS ANGELES DONS 16 Nov. 24, 1966 San Francisco 49ers 41, DETROIT LIONS 14 DALLAS COWBOYS 26, Cleveland Browns 14 (AFL) - Buffalo Bills 31, OAKLAND RAIDERS 10 Nov. 25, 1982 New York Giants 13, DETROIT LIONS 6 DALLAS COWBOYS 31, Cleveland Browns 14 Nov. 23, 1989 DETROIT LIONS 13, Cleveland Browns 10 Philadelphia Eagles 27, DALLAS COWBOYS 0 So the BROWNS have never won on Thanksgiving since joining the NFL?
-
Ravens are now 6th seed with a 5-5 score, so the 4-6 Bengals still have many possibilities to get a Wilcard. This year they're going to be pretty cheap in the AFC.
Another battle that can be won is the penalties: If we have very few, like last game (that was astonishing, 0 penalties?!), Cincy averages 60 yards/game.
I'm trying to put up only the positives, because if you compare the worst team in the league with any other, you obviously won't get many stats that favor your victory.
Well, we are good against the run. And the Bengals are pretty much the worst team running it, so that's a good one. The Ogbah injury is devastating, as I could really tell he and Garrett were feeding off each other. Garrett was solid last week, but not spectacular. We need spectacular. And I think we get it. I'm going with 2.5 sacks, another 2 tackles for loss, and possibly a forced fumble. Garrett is going to explode....that's a positive. Our team is still fighting, and that's important. Something tells me that this Bengals team might be overconfident Sunday. That would be a mistake. I just wish Gordon was playing...
Well, we are good against the run. And the Bengals are pretty much the worst team running it, so that's a good one. The Ogbah injury is devastating, as I could really tell he and Garrett were feeding off each other. Garrett was solid last week, but not spectacular. We need spectacular. And I think we get it. I'm going with 2.5 sacks, another 2 tackles for loss, and possibly a forced fumble. Garrett is going to explode....that's a positive. Our team is still fighting, and that's important. Something tells me that this Bengals team might be overconfident Sunday. That would be a mistake. I just wish Gordon was playing...
Unfortunately, every time Cincy sees Kizer awaiting the snap they're thinking:
"Here comes Santa Claus - here comes Santa Claus right on freakin cue
he'll aim to please that we'll defend with ease thanks to the man named Hue
Kizer has tenure - Cleveland has forfeits; but there's always next year..."
And then there's BB King lyrics describing what happened to many of the remaining game faces and rose colored glasses left in Cleveland: "The thrill is gone..."
Last week our defense played extremely well while our offense had countless 3 and outs in between Kizer's 4 backbreaking turnovers (1 for a TD). The last time I saw this many football follies from our QB position Brandon Weeden showed us what a bionic arm looks like with blindfolds on... Drafting his clone in round 2 makes us everybody's BINGO FREE SPACE on our schedule.
Wentz isn't the first QB Philly drafted we dismissed in round 1. Donovan McNabb was drafted at #2 overall by the NFL team that finished with the worst NFL record in 1998 for anyone pretending Tim Couch was the only QB going to a bad team. Our brain-trust at the time deemed SU's Veer Option offense as too unconventional to trust (very similar offense to the one Favre played in at So Miss btw). As fate would have it, Philly made the playoffs as early as 2000 and remained there all throughout the tenure of McNabb. That consisted of 5 NFC Championship appearances and 1 Superbowl Sunday with about 3 or 4 Conference/League MVP honors for their franchise QB.
The FO in Cleveland is partying like it's 1999 totally celebrating every time they hear Jimmy shouldn't touch the continuity of 1-24 or 1-25 football by firing anyone perpetuating this farce. Yeah, we'd really hate to see anyone disturb weekly forfeits at our QB and WR positions in the passing era this FO has blessed us with. Hue was hired to be a Head Coach but instead he chose to be an OC in over his head. The owner needs to step up and tell Hue he hired him to be the Head Coach but will be happy to fire him if he prefers to remain in a state of chaos as our OC. I'm hoping Jimmy at least understands what parts of his organization don't understand the offensive side of the football they've been FUBARing to the extent it never matters how hard or good our D plays....
I'm thankful we have a great forum and fan base I can share my frustration with. All that comes from a blowhard that has always been positive and optimistic heading into every season...
-
Well, we are good against the run. And the Bengals are pretty much the worst team running it, so that's a good one. The Ogbah injury is devastating, as I could really tell he and Garrett were feeding off each other. Garrett was solid last week, but not spectacular. We need spectacular. And I think we get it. I'm going with 2.5 sacks, another 2 tackles for loss, and possibly a forced fumble. Garrett is going to explode....that's a positive. Our team is still fighting, and that's important. Something tells me that this Bengals team might be overconfident Sunday. That would be a mistake. I just wish Gordon was playing...
Unfortunately, every time Cincy sees Kizer awaiting the snap they're thinking:
"Here comes Santa Claus - here comes Santa Claus right on freakin cue
he'll aim to please that we'll defend with ease thanks to the man named Hue
Kizer has tenure - Cleveland has forfeits; but there's always next year..."
And then there's BB King lyrics describing what happened to many of the remaining game faces and rose colored glasses left in Cleveland: "The thrill is gone..."
Last week our defense played extremely well while our offense had countless 3 and outs in between Kizer's 4 backbreaking turnovers (1 for a TD). The last time I saw this many football follies from our QB position Brandon Weeden showed us what a bionic arm looks like with blindfolds on... Drafting his clone in round 2 makes us everybody's BINGO FREE SPACE on our schedule.
Wentz isn't the first QB Philly drafted we dismissed in round 1. Donovan McNabb was drafted at #2 overall by the NFL team that finished with the worst NFL record in 1998 for anyone pretending Tim Couch was the only QB going to a bad team. Our brain-trust at the time deemed SU's Veer Option offense as too unconventional to trust (very similar offense to the one Favre played in at So Miss btw). As fate would have it, Philly made the playoffs as early as 2000 and remained there all throughout the tenure of McNabb. That consisted of 5 NFC Championship appearances and 1 Superbowl Sunday with about 3 or 4 Conference/League MVP honors for their franchise QB.
The FO in Cleveland is partying like it's 1999 totally celebrating every time they hear Jimmy shouldn't touch the continuity of 1-24 or 1-25 football by firing anyone perpetuating this farce. Yeah, we'd really hate to see anyone disturb weekly forfeits at our QB and WR positions in the passing era this FO has blessed us with. Hue was hired to be a Head Coach but instead he chose to be an OC in over his head. The owner needs to step up and tell Hue he hired him to be the Head Coach but will be happy to fire him if he prefers to remain in a state of chaos as our OC. I'm hoping Jimmy at least understands what parts of his organization don't understand the offensive side of the football they've been FUBARing to the extent it never matters how hard or good our D plays....
I'm thankful we have a great forum and fan base I can share my frustration with. All that comes from a blowhard that has always been positive and optimistic heading into every season...
And then there's BB King lyrics describing what happened to many of the remaining game faces and rose colored glasses left in Cleveland: "The thrill is gone..."
Happy Thanksgiving ya old time setting Coffee Fetcher
.miss ya poetry post.Hope things have settled down since your grand Hurricane entrance move to Florida..Enjoy being thankful in the sunshine pumper state of Fla..Maybe comparing our draft class to TB was a really
idea..
-
As I'm sitting here watching the Macy's parade I'm going through all things football and where better than:
http://www.profootballhof.com/
A wealth of information on the birth of professional football right up to today and it's from OH-IO, naturally.
-
I hope you guys don't mind, but I thought it'd be nice to get the game post up and running so we could have a venue to talk about the upcoming match up.
So are we going to win? No, don't be ridiculous. The sad thing is, the Bengals are NOT a good football team. They rank last in points scored per game, and they are last in other offensive categories. They don't run the ball well, AJ Green has only gone over 100 yards once in the last 5 games, and they really have been struggling to put points on the board and finish games in a strong manner. "So Jiggins, all of these stats and points you make seem good for the Browns, so why won't we win?" I'm glad you asked.
The Bengals may struggle to score the ball, but make no mistake, they play physical defense and they punish the QB. Their defensive line is VERY similar to the Jaguars, and Geno Atkins has ALWAYS tortured our team. You remember the gif that showed Atkins blowing Cam Erving's azz apart and sent him flying through the air like an extra in "The Matrix"? Atkins is a beast and he will not only destroy Kizer, but he will also disrupt our feeble running game. Additionally, the Bengals have a DL named Lawson who leads all rookies in sacks with 5.5, and he too will get in on the action. Our offense does NOT match up well against tough, physical defenses, and if you thought our offense struggled last week, just wait until you get a load of THIS game.
I don't want anyone to forget how bad this Bengals team destroyed us the first time. If my memory serves me well, we essentially got shutout until Kevin Hogan entered the game and took us on one touchdown drive. It was bad. "But Jiggins, that was earlier in the season, surely we're better NOW, right? Uhhhhh...no...no we're not. Corey Coleman and Myles Garrett didn't play the first time, but we're also going to be without Joe Thomas, Ogbah, Meder, and possibly others. AJ Green is licking his chops in anticipation of the game, and he kicked our butt last time. Mostly this game will come down to defense, and we'll lose badly because we simply don't match up well with physically imposing units, and then you realize OUR defense is the absolute worst in the league in the red zone (I think teams score TOUCHDOWNS 79% of red zone visits...which is ridiculously atrocious)
Similar to last week, the only way we win is if our defense and special teams score, and that was basically the difference in the Jags game. Our defense scores in that ugly match up, we might've won. Our special teams are miserable, but I really hoped our defense would score more touchdowns and force more turnovers this year. Maybe that starts Sunday...but I wouldn't hold your breath. Even if our defense scores TWO touchdowns, it likely wouldn't be enough to overcome the drumming we're in store for Sunday. It's sad because the Bengals aren't good at ALL, but our offense is so bad and plays so awful against physical defenses, that I can't even comprehend a way we score over 10 points. What say you guys? You think last week's terrible performance will be enough to provide us with a spark offensively? I certainly don't, but I want to be wrong. If Kizer has another dismal showing, it's going to get really ugly in Cleveland.
So you just decided to post the game thread three days earlier just to tell us all of this bad "news"?
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, lol...
-
Unlike the booger who shows up once a week togive us the "official" game day thread?
You don't want your wife to wake you up 2 hours earlier than usual in the morning shouting "hey, it's Monday, wake up, you have to go to that shitty job of yours and do all this errands. Oh, and probably it's going to rain."
You'd expect at least some kind words, lol. Even if everything was set up for a shitty day.
-
Well, we are good against the run. And the Bengals are pretty much the worst team running it, so that's a good one. The Ogbah injury is devastating, as I could really tell he and Garrett were feeding off each other. Garrett was solid last week, but not spectacular. We need spectacular. And I think we get it. I'm going with 2.5 sacks, another 2 tackles for loss, and possibly a forced fumble. Garrett is going to explode....that's a positive. Our team is still fighting, and that's important. Something tells me that this Bengals team might be overconfident Sunday. That would be a mistake. I just wish Gordon was playing...
Unfortunately, every time Cincy sees Kizer awaiting the snap they're thinking:
"Here comes Santa Claus - here comes Santa Claus right on freakin cue
he'll aim to please that we'll defend with ease thanks to the man named Hue
Kizer has tenure - Cleveland has forfeits; but there's always next year..."
And then there's BB King lyrics describing what happened to many of the remaining game faces and rose colored glasses left in Cleveland: "The thrill is gone..."
Last week our defense played extremely well while our offense had countless 3 and outs in between Kizer's 4 backbreaking turnovers (1 for a TD). The last time I saw this many football follies from our QB position Brandon Weeden showed us what a bionic arm looks like with blindfolds on... Drafting his clone in round 2 makes us everybody's BINGO FREE SPACE on our schedule.
Wentz isn't the first QB Philly drafted we dismissed in round 1. Donovan McNabb was drafted at #2 overall by the NFL team that finished with the worst NFL record in 1998 for anyone pretending Tim Couch was the only QB going to a bad team. Our brain-trust at the time deemed SU's Veer Option offense as too unconventional to trust (very similar offense to the one Favre played in at So Miss btw). As fate would have it, Philly made the playoffs as early as 2000 and remained there all throughout the tenure of McNabb. That consisted of 5 NFC Championship appearances and 1 Superbowl Sunday with about 3 or 4 Conference/League MVP honors for their franchise QB.
The FO in Cleveland is partying like it's 1999 totally celebrating every time they hear Jimmy shouldn't touch the continuity of 1-24 or 1-25 football by firing anyone perpetuating this farce. Yeah, we'd really hate to see anyone disturb weekly forfeits at our QB and WR positions in the passing era this FO has blessed us with. Hue was hired to be a Head Coach but instead he chose to be an OC in over his head. The owner needs to step up and tell Hue he hired him to be the Head Coach but will be happy to fire him if he prefers to remain in a state of chaos as our OC. I'm hoping Jimmy at least understands what parts of his organization don't understand the offensive side of the football they've been FUBARing to the extent it never matters how hard or good our D plays....
I'm thankful we have a great forum and fan base I can share my frustration with. All that comes from a blowhard that has always been positive and optimistic heading into every season...
Unfortunately, every time Cincy sees Kizer awaiting the snap they're thinking:
"Here comes Santa Claus - here comes Santa Claus right on freakin cue
he'll aim to please that we'll defend with ease thanks to the man named Hue
Kizer has tenure - Cleveland has forfeits; but there's always next year..."
And then there's BB King lyrics describing what happened to many of the remaining game faces and rose colored glasses left in Cleveland: "The thrill is gone..."
Last week our defense played extremely well while our offense had countless 3 and outs in between Kizer's 4 backbreaking turnovers (1 for a TD). The last time I saw this many football follies from our QB position Brandon Weeden showed us what a bionic arm looks like with blindfolds on... Drafting his clone in round 2 makes us everybody's BINGO FREE SPACE on our schedule.
Wentz isn't the first QB Philly drafted we dismissed in round 1. Donovan McNabb was drafted at #2 overall by the NFL team that finished with the worst NFL record in 1998 for anyone pretending Tim Couch was the only QB going to a bad team. Our brain-trust at the time deemed SU's Veer Option offense as too unconventional to trust (very similar offense to the one Favre played in a So Miss btw). As fate would have it, Philly made the playoffs as early as 2000 and remained there all throughout the tenure of McNabb. That consisted of 5 NFC Championship appearances and 1 Superbowl Sunday with about 3 or 4 Conference/League MVP honors for their franchise QB.
The FO in Cleveland is partying like it's 1999 totally celebrating every time they hear Jimmy shouldn't touch the continuity of 1-24 or 1-25 football by firing anyone perpetuating this farce. Yeah, we'd really hate to see anyone disturb weekly forfeits at our QB and WR positions in the passing era this FO has blessed us with. Hue was hired to be a Head Coach but instead he chose to be an OC in over his head. The owner needs to step up and tell Hue he hired him to be the Head Coach but will be happy to fire him if he prefers to remain in a state of chaos as our OC. I'm hoping Jimmy at least understands what parts of his organization don't understand the offensive side of the football they've been FUBARing to the extent it never matters how hard or good our D plays....
I'm thankful we have a great forum and fan base I can share my frustration with. All that comes from a blowhard that has always been positive and optimistic heading into every season...
The most frustrating thing to me is that our team probably wins 4-6 games with someone like Case Keenum and drafting a WR like Thielen. How many games have we been in, but since our offense is so bad, our defense gets tired and we lose? Every week I watch Keenum play I get angry. Why didn't WE sign him? Why didn't WE draft a guy like Thielen? You know, a big receiver with amazing hands that runs a 4.4 40? No, we draft Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis and he's responsible for killing more drives than a flat tire. I'm not saying Keenum takes us to the playoffs, but how many of the 5 Josh Gordon games would we win if we had him? Obviously it's impossible to say, but I certainly would love to see Keenum throwing to Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson, and Njoku. What if we only won FIVE games with a veteran QB? Doesn't THAT sound pretty good to people?
And I know what some would say, "But Jiggins, we wouldn't be working towards the future! What good does 5 wins do if we're not going to get over the hump with a discarded veteran QB?" Well I don't give a crap. I actually MISS the days of winning 4 or 5 games. I MISS the days of having an outside chance of making the playoffs and thinking, "OK, if we can just get hot in December and win out, we might be able to get a wildcard!" And the biggest frustration is that so many people even said before the season when we cut McCown, "Maybe we should have a veteran presence in the QB room?" Our radio guys said it. Our fans said it. So how do our paid professionals screw it up?
I mean Christ, it's not like the VIKINGS have prolific weapons on offense. Sure, they have an awesome defense, which is why they are division leaders. But I just know that if we had a veteran presence like Keenum we'd be COMPETITIVE. Then the domino effect comes into play. Teams can't load the box to stop the run because we can pass. So now we might be able to run the rock...what a concept! And maybe since we can actually SCORE, we won't be down all game and our defense won't be tired. And maybe since we aren't losing all game, we don't have to pass every down and get sacked all the time. The ripple effects are countless, but it's all just conjecture because we have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, and freaking Deshone Kizer throwing the ball to people. Hooray us.
And what's worse? Now we're hearing the rumors about blowing it all up again. Well ZIPPITY-DOO-DA-DAY. That's just fantastic. And what's worse than THAT? Apparently we're getting rid of the coaching staff, and not the bozos responsible for drafting the idiots on our roster. Of course we do not know who gets the axe and who stays (if anyone) but just the THOUGHT of keeping the same people responsible for making our personnel decisions makes me sick. After watching countless 3 and outs against the Jags, I'm just tired. Tired of not moving the ball. Of not seizing opportunities. Of watching pathetic QB play. And the Bengals mirror the Jags in so many ways, and already kicked our butts once this year. I believe Andy Dalton has like 15 touchdown passes in the last 5 games against us, and his rating is probably near perfect. Just wonderful.
I need some dang coffee.
-
Unfortunately, every time Cincy sees Kizer awaiting the snap they're thinking:
"Here comes Santa Claus - here comes Santa Claus right on freakin cue
he'll aim to please that we'll defend with ease thanks to the man named Hue
Kizer has tenure - Cleveland has forfeits; but there's always next year..."
And then there's BB King lyrics describing what happened to many of the remaining game faces and rose colored glasses left in Cleveland: "The thrill is gone..."
Last week our defense played extremely well while our offense had countless 3 and outs in between Kizer's 4 backbreaking turnovers (1 for a TD). The last time I saw this many football follies from our QB position Brandon Weeden showed us what a bionic arm looks like with blindfolds on... Drafting his clone in round 2 makes us everybody's BINGO FREE SPACE on our schedule.
Wentz isn't the first QB Philly drafted we dismissed in round 1. Donovan McNabb was drafted at #2 overall by the NFL team that finished with the worst NFL record in 1998 for anyone pretending Tim Couch was the only QB going to a bad team. Our brain-trust at the time deemed SU's Veer Option offense as too unconventional to trust (very similar offense to the one Favre played in a So Miss btw). As fate would have it, Philly made the playoffs as early as 2000 and remained there all throughout the tenure of McNabb. That consisted of 5 NFC Championship appearances and 1 Superbowl Sunday with about 3 or 4 Conference/League MVP honors for their franchise QB.
The FO in Cleveland is partying like it's 1999 totally celebrating every time they hear Jimmy shouldn't touch the continuity of 1-24 or 1-25 football by firing anyone perpetuating this farce. Yeah, we'd really hate to see anyone disturb weekly forfeits at our QB and WR positions in the passing era this FO has blessed us with. Hue was hired to be a Head Coach but instead he chose to be an OC in over his head. The owner needs to step up and tell Hue he hired him to be the Head Coach but will be happy to fire him if he prefers to remain in a state of chaos as our OC. I'm hoping Jimmy at least understands what parts of his organization don't understand the offensive side of the football they've been FUBARing to the extent it never matters how hard or good our D plays....
I'm thankful we have a great forum and fan base I can share my frustration with. All that comes from a blowhard that has always been positive and optimistic heading into every season...
The most frustrating thing to me is that our team probably wins 4-6 games with someone like Case Keenum and drafting a WR like Thielen. How many games have we been in, but since our offense is so bad, our defense gets tired and we lose? Every week I watch Keenum play I get angry. Why didn't WE sign him? Why didn't WE draft a guy like Thielen? You know, a big receiver with amazing hands that runs a 4.4 40? No, we draft Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis and he's responsible for killing more drives than a flat tire. I'm not saying Keenum takes us to the playoffs, but how many of the 5 Josh Gordon games would we win if we had him? Obviously it's impossible to say, but I certainly would love to see Keenum throwing to Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson, and Njoku. What if we only won FIVE games with a veteran QB? Doesn't THAT sound pretty good to people?
And I know what some would say, "But Jiggins, we wouldn't be working towards the future! What good does 5 wins do if we're not going to get over the hump with a discarded veteran QB?" Well I don't give a crap. I actually MISS the days of winning 4 or 5 games. I MISS the days of having an outside chance of making the playoffs and thinking, "OK, if we can just get hot in December and win out, we might be able to get a wildcard!" And the biggest frustration is that so many people even said before the season when we cut McCown, "Maybe we should have a veteran presence in the QB room?" Our radio guys said it. Our fans said it. So how do our paid professionals screw it up?
I mean Christ, it's not like the VIKINGS have prolific weapons on offense. Sure, they have an awesome defense, which is why they are division leaders. But I just know that if we had a veteran presence like Keenum we'd be COMPETITIVE. Then the domino effect comes into play. Teams can't load the box to stop the run because we can pass. So now we might be able to run the rock...what a concept! And maybe since we can actually SCORE, we won't be down all game and our defense won't be tired. And maybe since we aren't losing all game, we don't have to pass every down and get sacked all the time. The ripple effects are countless, but it's all just conjecture because we have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, and freaking Deshone Kizer throwing the ball to people. Hooray us.
And what's worse? Now we're hearing the rumors about blowing it all up again. Well ZIPPITY-DOO-DA-DAY. That's just fantastic. And what's worse than THAT? Apparently we're getting rid of the coaching staff, and not the bozos responsible for drafting the idiots on our roster. Of course we do not know who gets the axe and who stays (if anyone) but just the THOUGHT of keeping the same people responsible for making our personnel decisions makes me sick. After watching countless 3 and outs against the Jags, I'm just tired. Tired of not moving the ball. Of not seizing opportunities. Of watching pathetic QB play. And the Bengals mirror the Jags in so many ways, and already kicked our butts once this year. I believe Andy Dalton has like 15 touchdown passes in the last 5 games against us, and his rating is probably near perfect. Just wonderful.
I need some dang coffee.
The most frustrating thing to me is that our team probably wins 4-6 games with someone like Case Keenum and drafting a WR like Thielen. How many games have we been in, but since our offense is so bad, our defense gets tired and we lose? Every week I watch Keenum play I get angry. Why didn't WE sign him? Why didn't WE draft a guy like Thielen? You know, a big receiver with amazing hands that runs a 4.4 40? No, we draft Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis and he's responsible for killing more drives than a flat tire. I'm not saying Keenum takes us to the playoffs, but how many of the 5 Josh Gordon games would we win if we had him? Obviously it's impossible to say, but I certainly would love to see Keenum throwing to Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson, and Njoku. What if we only won FIVE games with a veteran QB? Doesn't THAT sound pretty good to people?
And I know what some would say, "But Jiggins, we wouldn't be working towards the future! What good does 5 wins do if we're not going to get over the hump with a discarded veteran QB?" Well I don't give a crap. I actually MISS the days of winning 4 or 5 games. I MISS the days of having an outside chance of making the playoffs and thinking, "OK, if we can just get hot in December and win out, we might be able to get a wildcard!" And the biggest frustration is that so many people even said before the season when we cut McCown, "Maybe we should have a veteran presence in the QB room?" Our radio guys said it. Our fans said it. So how do our paid professionals screw it up?
I mean Christ, it's not like the VIKINGS have prolific weapons on offense. Sure, they have an awesome defense, which is why they are division leaders. But I just know that if we had a veteran presence like Keenum we'd be COMPETITIVE. Then the domino effect comes into play. Teams can't load the box to stop the run because we can pass. So now we might be able to run the rock...what a concept! And maybe since we can actually SCORE, we won't be down all game and our defense won't be tired. And maybe since we aren't losing all game, we don't have to pass every down and get sacked all the time. The ripple effects are countless, but it's all just conjecture because we have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, and freaking Deshone Kizer throwing the ball to people. Hooray us.
And what's worse? Now we're hearing the rumors about blowing it all up again. Well ZIPPITY-DOO-DA-DAY. That's just fantastic. And what's worse than THAT? Apparently we're getting rid of the coaching staff, and not the bozos responsible for drafting the idiots on our roster. Of course we do not know who gets the axe and who stays (if anyone) but just the THOUGHT of keeping the same people responsible for making our personnel decisions makes me sick. After watching countless 3 and outs against the Jags, I'm just tired. Tired of not moving the ball. Of not seizing opportunities. Of watching pathetic QB play. And the Bengals mirror the Jags in so many ways, and already kicked our butts once this year. I believe Andy Dalton has like 15 touchdown passes in the last 5 games against us, and his rating is probably near perfect. Just wonderful.
I need some dang coffee.
If the doctor ever tells you that you need to cut down your stress, Jiggins, first thing in the list is the Browns.
By now, I'm just waiting for the game and trying to forget why all the odds are against us and how disappointing this season has been so far.
-
I think last week did a number on me. Having every chance to win a game and punting over and over again. Like you said...wait and see.
-
I think last week did a number on me. Having every chance to win a game and punting over and over again. Like you said...wait and see.
I think last week did a number on me. Having every chance to win a game and punting over and over again. Like you said...wait and see.
Well, we still can have a Pro bowler this year... Colquitt
-
Unfortunately, every time Cincy sees Kizer awaiting the snap they're thinking:
"Here comes Santa Claus - here comes Santa Claus right on freakin cue
he'll aim to please that we'll defend with ease thanks to the man named Hue
Kizer has tenure - Cleveland has forfeits; but there's always next year..."
And then there's BB King lyrics describing what happened to many of the remaining game faces and rose colored glasses left in Cleveland: "The thrill is gone..."
Last week our defense played extremely well while our offense had countless 3 and outs in between Kizer's 4 backbreaking turnovers (1 for a TD). The last time I saw this many football follies from our QB position Brandon Weeden showed us what a bionic arm looks like with blindfolds on... Drafting his clone in round 2 makes us everybody's BINGO FREE SPACE on our schedule.
Wentz isn't the first QB Philly drafted we dismissed in round 1. Donovan McNabb was drafted at #2 overall by the NFL team that finished with the worst NFL record in 1998 for anyone pretending Tim Couch was the only QB going to a bad team. Our brain-trust at the time deemed SU's Veer Option offense as too unconventional to trust (very similar offense to the one Favre played in a So Miss btw). As fate would have it, Philly made the playoffs as early as 2000 and remained there all throughout the tenure of McNabb. That consisted of 5 NFC Championship appearances and 1 Superbowl Sunday with about 3 or 4 Conference/League MVP honors for their franchise QB.
The FO in Cleveland is partying like it's 1999 totally celebrating every time they hear Jimmy shouldn't touch the continuity of 1-24 or 1-25 football by firing anyone perpetuating this farce. Yeah, we'd really hate to see anyone disturb weekly forfeits at our QB and WR positions in the passing era this FO has blessed us with. Hue was hired to be a Head Coach but instead he chose to be an OC in over his head. The owner needs to step up and tell Hue he hired him to be the Head Coach but will be happy to fire him if he prefers to remain in a state of chaos as our OC. I'm hoping Jimmy at least understands what parts of his organization don't understand the offensive side of the football they've been FUBARing to the extent it never matters how hard or good our D plays....
I'm thankful we have a great forum and fan base I can share my frustration with. All that comes from a blowhard that has always been positive and optimistic heading into every season...
The most frustrating thing to me is that our team probably wins 4-6 games with someone like Case Keenum and drafting a WR like Thielen. How many games have we been in, but since our offense is so bad, our defense gets tired and we lose? Every week I watch Keenum play I get angry. Why didn't WE sign him? Why didn't WE draft a guy like Thielen? You know, a big receiver with amazing hands that runs a 4.4 40? No, we draft Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis and he's responsible for killing more drives than a flat tire. I'm not saying Keenum takes us to the playoffs, but how many of the 5 Josh Gordon games would we win if we had him? Obviously it's impossible to say, but I certainly would love to see Keenum throwing to Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson, and Njoku. What if we only won FIVE games with a veteran QB? Doesn't THAT sound pretty good to people?
And I know what some would say, "But Jiggins, we wouldn't be working towards the future! What good does 5 wins do if we're not going to get over the hump with a discarded veteran QB?" Well I don't give a crap. I actually MISS the days of winning 4 or 5 games. I MISS the days of having an outside chance of making the playoffs and thinking, "OK, if we can just get hot in December and win out, we might be able to get a wildcard!" And the biggest frustration is that so many people even said before the season when we cut McCown, "Maybe we should have a veteran presence in the QB room?" Our radio guys said it. Our fans said it. So how do our paid professionals screw it up?
I mean Christ, it's not like the VIKINGS have prolific weapons on offense. Sure, they have an awesome defense, which is why they are division leaders. But I just know that if we had a veteran presence like Keenum we'd be COMPETITIVE. Then the domino effect comes into play. Teams can't load the box to stop the run because we can pass. So now we might be able to run the rock...what a concept! And maybe since we can actually SCORE, we won't be down all game and our defense won't be tired. And maybe since we aren't losing all game, we don't have to pass every down and get sacked all the time. The ripple effects are countless, but it's all just conjecture because we have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, and freaking Deshone Kizer throwing the ball to people. Hooray us.
And what's worse? Now we're hearing the rumors about blowing it all up again. Well ZIPPITY-DOO-DA-DAY. That's just fantastic. And what's worse than THAT? Apparently we're getting rid of the coaching staff, and not the bozos responsible for drafting the idiots on our roster. Of course we do not know who gets the axe and who stays (if anyone) but just the THOUGHT of keeping the same people responsible for making our personnel decisions makes me sick. After watching countless 3 and outs against the Jags, I'm just tired. Tired of not moving the ball. Of not seizing opportunities. Of watching pathetic QB play. And the Bengals mirror the Jags in so many ways, and already kicked our butts once this year. I believe Andy Dalton has like 15 touchdown passes in the last 5 games against us, and his rating is probably near perfect. Just wonderful.
I need some dang coffee.
I mean Christ, it's not like the VIKINGS have prolific weapons on offense. Sure, they have an awesome defense, which is why they are division leaders. But I just know that if we had a veteran presence like Keenum we'd be COMPETITIVE. Then the domino effect comes into play. Teams can't load the box to stop the run because we can pass. So now we might be able to run the rock...what a concept! And maybe since we can actually SCORE, we won't be down all game and our defense won't be tired. And maybe since we aren't losing all game, we don't have to pass every down and get sacked all the time. The ripple effects are countless, but it's all just conjecture because we have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, and freaking Deshone Kizer throwing the ball to people. Hooray us.
The most frustrating thing to me is that our team probably wins 4-6 games with someone like Case Keenum and drafting a WR like Thielen. How many games have we been in, but since our offense is so bad, our defense gets tired and we lose? Every week I watch Keenum play I get angry. Why didn't WE sign him? Why didn't WE draft a guy like Thielen? You know, a big receiver with amazing hands that runs a 4.4 40? No, we draft Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis and he's responsible for killing more drives than a flat tire. I'm not saying Keenum takes us to the playoffs, but how many of the 5 Josh Gordon games would we win if we had him? Obviously it's impossible to say, but I certainly would love to see Keenum throwing to Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson, and Njoku. What if we only won FIVE games with a veteran QB? Doesn't THAT sound pretty good to people?
And I know what some would say, "But Jiggins, we wouldn't be working towards the future! What good does 5 wins do if we're not going to get over the hump with a discarded veteran QB?" Well I don't give a crap. I actually MISS the days of winning 4 or 5 games. I MISS the days of having an outside chance of making the playoffs and thinking, "OK, if we can just get hot in December and win out, we might be able to get a wildcard!" And the biggest frustration is that so many people even said before the season when we cut McCown, "Maybe we should have a veteran presence in the QB room?" Our radio guys said it. Our fans said it. So how do our paid professionals screw it up?
I mean Christ, it's not like the VIKINGS have prolific weapons on offense. Sure, they have an awesome defense, which is why they are division leaders. But I just know that if we had a veteran presence like Keenum we'd be COMPETITIVE. Then the domino effect comes into play. Teams can't load the box to stop the run because we can pass. So now we might be able to run the rock...what a concept! And maybe since we can actually SCORE, we won't be down all game and our defense won't be tired. And maybe since we aren't losing all game, we don't have to pass every down and get sacked all the time. The ripple effects are countless, but it's all just conjecture because we have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, and freaking Deshone Kizer throwing the ball to people. Hooray us.
And what's worse? Now we're hearing the rumors about blowing it all up again. Well ZIPPITY-DOO-DA-DAY. That's just fantastic. And what's worse than THAT? Apparently we're getting rid of the coaching staff, and not the bozos responsible for drafting the idiots on our roster. Of course we do not know who gets the axe and who stays (if anyone) but just the THOUGHT of keeping the same people responsible for making our personnel decisions makes me sick. After watching countless 3 and outs against the Jags, I'm just tired. Tired of not moving the ball. Of not seizing opportunities. Of watching pathetic QB play. And the Bengals mirror the Jags in so many ways, and already kicked our butts once this year. I believe Andy Dalton has like 15 touchdown passes in the last 5 games against us, and his rating is probably near perfect. Just wonderful.
I need some dang coffee.
I'm sure if the Vikings had Kizer throwing the ball they'd of won a ton of less games.
It's just sad the Vikings have 3 quarterbacks better than any on our roster.
21 year old Deshone Kizer signed a 4 year contract worth $4,948,412
24 year old Cody Kessler signed a 4 year, $3,389,082 contract
25 year old Kevin Hogan signed a 2 year, $990,000 contract
25 year old Bridgewater signed a four-year contract worth $6.85 million
30 year old Sam Bradford $18 million for 2017
29 year old Case Keenum signed a one year, $2 million contract
I think the Browns not signing a veteran quarterback is a tell-tale sign of them tanking in 2017 for the #1 pick. We have no bridge quarterback, and we weren't even trying to be competitive at QB this year. Literally, we're spending the minimum possible at QB just to save cap money. Hopefully we get our guy next year, because I think It's been a horrible thing for us fans to suffer though not trying to win.
-
Yeah...it's horrible. As terrible as it all is, every week I watch while living in Florida. Every year I spend a lot of money just to be able to watch this crap. Every week I still have my little routine which I cherish. I get my Browns apparel on, I get the TV to myself, and I eagerly wait for each game to come on. And what makes it worse is we're really not getting better. We can say the defense is getting better, but it's really not. If you look at how many yards a game we give up, we look good (#5 in the league). But the most compelling stat nobody talks about is this: Browns defense gives up an opposing QB rating of 102. That is not a typo people. It's 2017, the NFL is a passing league. While it's great to stop the run, it won't do you much good if another team can almost pass at will against you. I haven't looked at Kizer's rating lately, mainly because I don't want to VOMIT, but I'm pretty sure his rating is virtually HALF of what we give up. So his rating is about 50, and we give up 102. That's so ridiculous. Additionally, we also have the worst red zone defense in the league. Guys...teams score TOUCHDOWNS almost 80% of the time when they get to our 20. I've never seen that before...not that I remember. Oh, one more thing, and you'll love this: Kizer completes 52% of his passes (5 tds 14 picks, multiple fumbles, lol). Opposing qb's complete 67%. Lol lol.
-
Unfortunately, every time Cincy sees Kizer awaiting the snap they're thinking:
"Here comes Santa Claus - here comes Santa Claus right on freakin cue
he'll aim to please that we'll defend with ease thanks to the man named Hue
Kizer has tenure - Cleveland has forfeits; but there's always next year..."
And then there's BB King lyrics describing what happened to many of the remaining game faces and rose colored glasses left in Cleveland: "The thrill is gone..."
Last week our defense played extremely well while our offense had countless 3 and outs in between Kizer's 4 backbreaking turnovers (1 for a TD). The last time I saw this many football follies from our QB position Brandon Weeden showed us what a bionic arm looks like with blindfolds on... Drafting his clone in round 2 makes us everybody's BINGO FREE SPACE on our schedule.
Wentz isn't the first QB Philly drafted we dismissed in round 1. Donovan McNabb was drafted at #2 overall by the NFL team that finished with the worst NFL record in 1998 for anyone pretending Tim Couch was the only QB going to a bad team. Our brain-trust at the time deemed SU's Veer Option offense as too unconventional to trust (very similar offense to the one Favre played in a So Miss btw). As fate would have it, Philly made the playoffs as early as 2000 and remained there all throughout the tenure of McNabb. That consisted of 5 NFC Championship appearances and 1 Superbowl Sunday with about 3 or 4 Conference/League MVP honors for their franchise QB.
The FO in Cleveland is partying like it's 1999 totally celebrating every time they hear Jimmy shouldn't touch the continuity of 1-24 or 1-25 football by firing anyone perpetuating this farce. Yeah, we'd really hate to see anyone disturb weekly forfeits at our QB and WR positions in the passing era this FO has blessed us with. Hue was hired to be a Head Coach but instead he chose to be an OC in over his head. The owner needs to step up and tell Hue he hired him to be the Head Coach but will be happy to fire him if he prefers to remain in a state of chaos as our OC. I'm hoping Jimmy at least understands what parts of his organization don't understand the offensive side of the football they've been FUBARing to the extent it never matters how hard or good our D plays....
I'm thankful we have a great forum and fan base I can share my frustration with. All that comes from a blowhard that has always been positive and optimistic heading into every season...
The most frustrating thing to me is that our team probably wins 4-6 games with someone like Case Keenum and drafting a WR like Thielen. How many games have we been in, but since our offense is so bad, our defense gets tired and we lose? Every week I watch Keenum play I get angry. Why didn't WE sign him? Why didn't WE draft a guy like Thielen? You know, a big receiver with amazing hands that runs a 4.4 40? No, we draft Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis and he's responsible for killing more drives than a flat tire. I'm not saying Keenum takes us to the playoffs, but how many of the 5 Josh Gordon games would we win if we had him? Obviously it's impossible to say, but I certainly would love to see Keenum throwing to Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson, and Njoku. What if we only won FIVE games with a veteran QB? Doesn't THAT sound pretty good to people?
And I know what some would say, "But Jiggins, we wouldn't be working towards the future! What good does 5 wins do if we're not going to get over the hump with a discarded veteran QB?" Well I don't give a crap. I actually MISS the days of winning 4 or 5 games. I MISS the days of having an outside chance of making the playoffs and thinking, "OK, if we can just get hot in December and win out, we might be able to get a wildcard!" And the biggest frustration is that so many people even said before the season when we cut McCown, "Maybe we should have a veteran presence in the QB room?" Our radio guys said it. Our fans said it. So how do our paid professionals screw it up?
I mean Christ, it's not like the VIKINGS have prolific weapons on offense. Sure, they have an awesome defense, which is why they are division leaders. But I just know that if we had a veteran presence like Keenum we'd be COMPETITIVE. Then the domino effect comes into play. Teams can't load the box to stop the run because we can pass. So now we might be able to run the rock...what a concept! And maybe since we can actually SCORE, we won't be down all game and our defense won't be tired. And maybe since we aren't losing all game, we don't have to pass every down and get sacked all the time. The ripple effects are countless, but it's all just conjecture because we have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, and freaking Deshone Kizer throwing the ball to people. Hooray us.
And what's worse? Now we're hearing the rumors about blowing it all up again. Well ZIPPITY-DOO-DA-DAY. That's just fantastic. And what's worse than THAT? Apparently we're getting rid of the coaching staff, and not the bozos responsible for drafting the idiots on our roster. Of course we do not know who gets the axe and who stays (if anyone) but just the THOUGHT of keeping the same people responsible for making our personnel decisions makes me sick. After watching countless 3 and outs against the Jags, I'm just tired. Tired of not moving the ball. Of not seizing opportunities. Of watching pathetic QB play. And the Bengals mirror the Jags in so many ways, and already kicked our butts once this year. I believe Andy Dalton has like 15 touchdown passes in the last 5 games against us, and his rating is probably near perfect. Just wonderful.
I need some dang coffee.
The most frustrating thing to me is that our team probably wins 4-6 games with someone like Case Keenum and drafting a WR like Thielen. How many games have we been in, but since our offense is so bad, our defense gets tired and we lose? Every week I watch Keenum play I get angry. Why didn't WE sign him? Why didn't WE draft a guy like Thielen? You know, a big receiver with amazing hands that runs a 4.4 40? No, we draft Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis and he's responsible for killing more drives than a flat tire. I'm not saying Keenum takes us to the playoffs, but how many of the 5 Josh Gordon games would we win if we had him? Obviously it's impossible to say, but I certainly would love to see Keenum throwing to Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson, and Njoku. What if we only won FIVE games with a veteran QB? Doesn't THAT sound pretty good to people?
And I know what some would say, "But Jiggins, we wouldn't be working towards the future! What good does 5 wins do if we're not going to get over the hump with a discarded veteran QB?" Well I don't give a crap. I actually MISS the days of winning 4 or 5 games. I MISS the days of having an outside chance of making the playoffs and thinking, "OK, if we can just get hot in December and win out, we might be able to get a wildcard!" And the biggest frustration is that so many people even said before the season when we cut McCown, "Maybe we should have a veteran presence in the QB room?" Our radio guys said it. Our fans said it. So how do our paid professionals screw it up?
I mean Christ, it's not like the VIKINGS have prolific weapons on offense. Sure, they have an awesome defense, which is why they are division leaders. But I just know that if we had a veteran presence like Keenum we'd be COMPETITIVE. Then the domino effect comes into play. Teams can't load the box to stop the run because we can pass. So now we might be able to run the rock...what a concept! And maybe since we can actually SCORE, we won't be down all game and our defense won't be tired. And maybe since we aren't losing all game, we don't have to pass every down and get sacked all the time. The ripple effects are countless, but it's all just conjecture because we have Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, and freaking Deshone Kizer throwing the ball to people. Hooray us.
And what's worse? Now we're hearing the rumors about blowing it all up again. Well ZIPPITY-DOO-DA-DAY. That's just fantastic. And what's worse than THAT? Apparently we're getting rid of the coaching staff, and not the bozos responsible for drafting the idiots on our roster. Of course we do not know who gets the axe and who stays (if anyone) but just the THOUGHT of keeping the same people responsible for making our personnel decisions makes me sick. After watching countless 3 and outs against the Jags, I'm just tired. Tired of not moving the ball. Of not seizing opportunities. Of watching pathetic QB play. And the Bengals mirror the Jags in so many ways, and already kicked our butts once this year. I believe Andy Dalton has like 15 touchdown passes in the last 5 games against us, and his rating is probably near perfect. Just wonderful.
I need some dang coffee.
Well done! Now that's what I call "gettin Jiggy with it" all the way down to the surprise ending. I was certain you had about half an acre of coffee bean in you.
Yes, other passing games are blessed with YAC while our's remains haunted by YUCK. A one proud tradition has been reduced to X's and Uh-O's. I guess all we really need for our bionic armed QB with the pocket instincts of a raccoon crossing the road at night is Dr Frankenstein. Legally Blind's got it covered. We're all set!
-
Predictions
The Browns will get into the red zone 4 times during the game resulting in a pick , 2 missed field goals and 1 made field goal ......... AJ Green will have 150+ yards receiving, Andy Dalton will look like Tom Brady.....Kizer will be picked off 3 times 1 time will result in a pick six .... and he will be replaced by Kessler in the 4th quarter ..... Duke will score a TD, Peppers will be a non entity due to the fact he is virtually in our end zone even when the opposition are not in the red zone ...... Mixon will be held to less than 50 yards rushing..... Garrett will register 1 sack, a Bengals TE will score 2 TD's .....at the end of the game Hue will say we must get better and learn from this defeat ....the front office will again be silent.....Jimmy and Dee will both have a nervous breakdown, Peyton Manning will come out and say if you think I would ever come to this joke franchise then think again ......we will all come on here saying how much our team suck, Ghoolie will again say we would be 9-2 if we had drafted Paxton Lynch, Gipper will do another quiz ......Tony Grossi will continue to be a jerk ( some justified ), Mary Kay will continue to be a dumb blonde then the following week we will all be ready to go again ...saying this is the week we get the win .....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login