Kizer QB Rating
-
Repeat after me. NO JOSH ALLEN!
-
Like I said in another post...Kizer DESERVED for that throw to be caught. His absolute best pass of his career to his most reliable target on the field (Gordon not yet activated obviously). He deserved to feel that rush, to experience that success, to run and embrace his teammates. Kizer put his body on the line multiple times. He ran with a purpose and even displayed patience waiting for blockers. He was mostly decisive with his throws and his accuracy was improved for the most part. That drop hurt my heart because the kid really fought. I've been his toughest critic, and I struggle to point out too many errors in this game for a struggling rookie. Heck, even on our last drive Skillet Hands Louis managed to drop a perfect pass.
Maybe Kizer can string together two nice games in a row. As a rookie, he's obviously struggled with consistency, and it'd be terrific to see him have two solid, turnover free games. And I tell you what, if Kizer can make some of those nice passes to GORDON, I think we'll see a different result. My only fear is that Kizer will "over-target" Josh Gordon and either force some bad passes, or simply miss other people because he's locked in on the freakish WR.
For me the evaluation on Kizer is kind of positive.
He was a raw, 21 year old prospect thrown in a losing team with terrible receivers around him, not a huge rushing game and a terrible coach.
After 11 games, the receivers and the coach still there, and you can see that he has improved. It was easy for him to improve, he set the bar pretty low in the first games, but you can see that he fights and tries to keep learning.
I still think that we should be aggresive next offseason with the position, both in FA and in the draft even if he plays great these last games, but man I would be really happy if he succeeded.
For me the evaluation on Kizer is kind of positive.
He was a raw, 21 year old prospect thrown in a losing team with terrible receivers around him, not a huge rushing game and a terrible coach.
After 11 games, the receivers and the coach still there, and you can see that he has improved. It was easy for him to improve, he set the bar pretty low in the first games, but you can see that he fights and tries to keep learning.
I still think that we should be aggresive next offseason with the position, both in FA and in the draft even if he plays great these last games, but man I would be really happy if he succeeded.
I can agree with that. I desperately want to see both Gordon and Coleman remain healthy for the last five games. That will give us a MUCH better sampling of what Kizer can do IMO. In some ways it's not fair to Kizer because he hasn't had any time to get chemistry worked out with basically either guy, but it's still INFINITELY better than Kizer throwing to Britt, Louis, and Higgins, right? But you're right, regardless of what happens, we need to be aggressive with the QB position in both the draft and FA. I still want Rosen first (Lamar Jackson still looks tantalizing though!) and then probably Minkah Fitzpatrick with our other 1st rounder. He can play either corner or safety.
-
For me the evaluation on Kizer is kind of positive.
He was a raw, 21 year old prospect thrown in a losing team with terrible receivers around him, not a huge rushing game and a terrible coach.
After 11 games, the receivers and the coach still there, and you can see that he has improved. It was easy for him to improve, he set the bar pretty low in the first games, but you can see that he fights and tries to keep learning.
I still think that we should be aggresive next offseason with the position, both in FA and in the draft even if he plays great these last games, but man I would be really happy if he succeeded.
I can agree with that. I desperately want to see both Gordon and Coleman remain healthy for the last five games. That will give us a MUCH better sampling of what Kizer can do IMO. In some ways it's not fair to Kizer because he hasn't had any time to get chemistry worked out with basically either guy, but it's still INFINITELY better than Kizer throwing to Britt, Louis, and Higgins, right? But you're right, regardless of what happens, we need to be aggressive with the QB position in both the draft and FA. I still want Rosen first (Lamar Jackson still looks tantalizing though!) and then probably Minkah Fitzpatrick with our other 1st rounder. He can play either corner or safety.
I can agree with that. I desperately want to see both Gordon and Coleman remain healthy for the last five games. That will give us a MUCH better sampling of what Kizer can do IMO. In some ways it's not fair to Kizer because he hasn't had any time to get chemistry worked out with basically either guy, but it's still INFINITELY better than Kizer throwing to Britt, Louis, and Higgins, right? But you're right, regardless of what happens, we need to be aggressive with the QB position in both the draft and FA. I still want Rosen first (Lamar Jackson still looks tantalizing though!) and then probably Minkah Fitzpatrick with our other 1st rounder. He can play either corner or safety.
In an ideal world I can agree on Fitz-but he will be gone by our 2nd pick. He reminds me of the Honey Badger the way he plays. So WR.
-
I can agree with that. I desperately want to see both Gordon and Coleman remain healthy for the last five games. That will give us a MUCH better sampling of what Kizer can do IMO. In some ways it's not fair to Kizer because he hasn't had any time to get chemistry worked out with basically either guy, but it's still INFINITELY better than Kizer throwing to Britt, Louis, and Higgins, right? But you're right, regardless of what happens, we need to be aggressive with the QB position in both the draft and FA. I still want Rosen first (Lamar Jackson still looks tantalizing though!) and then probably Minkah Fitzpatrick with our other 1st rounder. He can play either corner or safety.
In an ideal world I can agree on Fitz-but he will be gone by our 2nd pick. He reminds me of the Honey Badger the way he plays. So WR.
In an ideal world I can agree on Fitz-but he will be gone by our 2nd pick. He reminds me of the Honey Badger the way he plays. So WR.
You're probably right. Calvin Ridley at WR appears to be a nice alternative. A bit smaller than I like, but he's got talent, no doubt. I don't anticipate us having Josh Gordon for next year, either because we trade him or for "other reasons", so I don't love the idea of having Corey Coleman and Calvin Ridley on the same team. They're both small and we desperately need that big, rangy, possession type WR. Of course, I could be wrong about Josh, and lord knows I HOPE I am, but history tells me I'm not. Perhaps we can find the possession receiver in FA...like what Britt was SUPPOSED to be.
-
How about 6'4" Ateman from OSU? Like his size.
-
Well you know Kizer stinks. If you don't believe me, ask 90% of the people on this board. Like I've said before, he's a rookie and needs time. This year cannot count, you have to start analyzing him beginning next year.
Sorry, 0-11 counts plenty. & if we don't double down and take another QB high in 2018, there just might be a riot. Kizer has a long, long way to go to convince me he's our QBOTF.
Sorry, 0-11 counts plenty. & if we don't double down and take another QB high in 2018, there just might be a riot. Kizer has a long, long way to go to convince me he's our QBOTF.
I never said don't take another QB. I think we should take a QB with the first pick overall, but let him sit and learn from Kizer. We need to get the QB developed the right way, not just thrown into the fire. As a matter of fact, either Kizer or the next QB we get should be our QB of the future.
-
Well you know Kizer stinks. If you don't believe me, ask 90% of the people on this board. Like I've said before, he's a rookie and needs time. This year cannot count, you have to start analyzing him beginning next year.
I think unless he really turns it around and starts winning, he won't be our starter going into next year.
If he is, and we go 0-16 this year, then god help us.....
I think unless he really turns it around and starts winning, he won't be our starter going into next year.
If he is, and we go 0-16 this year, then god help us.....
Well, if you look at this years schedule, who can we beat realistically? Especially with the weapons we have (star players mostly rookies).
At Chagers: Doubtful. They could be playing better than any team we have left.
Packers (Home): No
Ravens (Home): No
At Bears: We have a chance at this one.
At Steelers: No
We have a chance to go 1-15, but the game is on the road and the Bears play well at home. If this team was a year or two older (Better WRs, CBs, and a QB), i'd but this team up against any team. We would at least be competitive. But we're not there yet. Guys, please be patient.
-
I would argue the Packers and the Bears are the two legitimate chances to break the 0-16. I think we match up well (or did) against Chicago with our run D and it will be a battle of attrition on two bad offenses. That being said... I'd give the chance of a parade at least 51%.
-
I think unless he really turns it around and starts winning, he won't be our starter going into next year.
If he is, and we go 0-16 this year, then god help us.....
Well, if you look at this years schedule, who can we beat realistically? Especially with the weapons we have (star players mostly rookies).
At Chagers: Doubtful. They could be playing better than any team we have left.
Packers (Home): No
Ravens (Home): No
At Bears: We have a chance at this one.
At Steelers: No
We have a chance to go 1-15, but the game is on the road and the Bears play well at home. If this team was a year or two older (Better WRs, CBs, and a QB), i'd but this team up against any team. We would at least be competitive. But we're not there yet. Guys, please be patient.
At Chagers: Doubtful. They could be playing better than any team we have left.
Packers (Home): No
Ravens (Home): No
At Bears: We have a chance at this one.
At Steelers: No
Agree with all, except the Packers don't have Rogers, Mitch is hardly lighting it up for the Bears, and the Steelers will rest players, oh, and Flacco is having a bad year.
I dunno, maybe?
-
At Chagers: Doubtful. They could be playing better than any team we have left.
Packers (Home): No
Ravens (Home): No
At Bears: We have a chance at this one.
At Steelers: No
Agree with all, except the Packers don't have Rogers, Mitch is hardly lighting it up for the Bears, and the Steelers will rest players, oh, and Flacco is having a bad year.
I dunno, maybe?
Agree with all, except the Packers don't have Rogers, Mitch is hardly lighting it up for the Bears, and the Steelers will rest players, oh, and Flacco is having a bad year.
I dunno, maybe?
I can give you the Steelers if they have the div locked up. But they will still play hard, much like last year. But even without Aaron Rogers, the packers will play very hard. The QB Hundley is playing very well. So I wouldn't give us that one. And the D for the Ravens is playing very well and their Offense is playing much better than when we played them. I might give us the Bears and the Steelers. So either 1-15 or 2-14, but 0-16 is still a strong possibility.
-
He had his best Qbr of the year, 86.5
Had he scored that TD he would have had 297 yards, 19/31 61% completion rate, and 1 pass TD 0 INT.
Here I introduced the data and it said 103 Qbr. That's really good. Damn it. He may have played his best game yet!
Well you know Kizer stinks. If you don't believe me, ask 90% of the people on this board. Like I've said before, he's a rookie and needs time. This year cannot count, you have to start analyzing him beginning next year.
Well you know Kizer stinks. If you don't believe me, ask 90% of the people on this board. Like I've said before, he's a rookie and needs time. This year cannot count, you have to start analyzing him beginning next year.
So he stinks, but we... or at least 10% of those on this board... have to wait until 2018 to evaluate him???

He looks better than Paxton Lynch.
He was way better than Trubisky was yesterday too.
How dare you mention QBs we passed on that are not looking great! Do you not understand how hindsight works? 🥷
-
Join those that want to see Coleman and Gordon.. or Gordon and Coleman... Sunday... and I'll throw in Britt as well. Kinda had his best game Sunday... not a high bar to be sure, but that high pass he snagged and then added a decent run to was what he did in LA last season. Gordon on rep alone sets up the WR ranking where it should be.
And his arrival should free up TE routes to boot.
BOLD PREDICTION: First play... bubble screen to Josh if the CB gives him a cushion; quick slant, if he tries to jam him.
Overall though, despite the progress he's made, I think the "bet the future on Kizer ship" has sailed. Doesn't mean he won't develop further this year and next, even perhaps rising to starter quality by skill and not default, but still too many holes in his game, not enough progress in areas, to forego a high 1st-round pick going QB.
-
Well Kizer/hue have never put two good games together yet this year and hue hasnt in two years. No reason to think that will change, BOLD PREDICTION: Kizer throws for 185 yards 1 TD 2 INT, Does not however lose the ball on his lone fumble.
-
BOLD PREDICTION: First play... bubble screen to Josh if the CB gives him a cushion; quick slant, if he tries to jam him.
My NOT so bold prediction: First play....Crow up the middle for 1 or 2 yards.
-
Well Kizer/hue have never put two good games together yet this year and hue hasnt in two years. No reason to think that will change, BOLD PREDICTION: Kizer throws for 185 yards 1 TD 2 INT, Does not however lose the ball on his lone fumble.
Bet ya a beer...
Well Kizer/hue have never put two good games together yet this year and hue hasnt in two years.
Well.... in their defense (sort of)... you have to have one good game before you can string together two...
-
Bet ya a beer...
Well Kizer/hue have never put two good games together yet this year and hue hasnt in two years.
Well.... in their defense (sort of)... you have to have one good game before you can string together two...
-
I think unless he really turns it around and starts winning, he won't be our starter going into next year.
If he is, and we go 0-16 this year, then god help us.....
Well, if you look at this years schedule, who can we beat realistically? Especially with the weapons we have (star players mostly rookies).
At Chagers: Doubtful. They could be playing better than any team we have left.
Packers (Home): No
Ravens (Home): No
At Bears: We have a chance at this one.
At Steelers: No
We have a chance to go 1-15, but the game is on the road and the Bears play well at home. If this team was a year or two older (Better WRs, CBs, and a QB), i'd but this team up against any team. We would at least be competitive. But we're not there yet. Guys, please be patient.
Well, if you look at this years schedule, who can we beat realistically? Especially with the weapons we have (star players mostly rookies).
At Chagers: Doubtful. They could be playing better than any team we have left.
Packers (Home): No
Ravens (Home): No
At Bears: We have a chance at this one.
At Steelers: No
Guys, please be patient.
Browns 24
Ratbirds 13
-
FYI, PFF rankings in week 12. Kizer comes in at #2, behind Rivers at #1.
Other notables, Wentz #9, Manning #28, Mitch #29, and Bortles at #32.
-
How about his season turnovers? What about his inaccuracy or his lack of touch? Is it any surprise Coleman dropped that pass, probably never in a million years did he expect it to go where it was supposed to, hell- I bet Kizer was even surprised. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Sorry but 1 accurate pass out of 8 attempts does not scream QBOTF. Kizer blows and I can't wait until we're done with his entitled butt.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login