Eli Benched
-
I guess Eli had the option to start the game and continue his streak, and he declined. Said it wouldn't be fair to the team to do that for his own personal stats, and that it defeats the whole purpose of the streak to do that.
Word is they're gonna play Davis Webb at some point too. I'm very interested in seeing him play.
-
Under the "let's see what else we have at QB" light I guess a move to Webb can make a little sense, but who doesn't already know what they have in Geno?
Under the "let's see what else we have at QB" light I guess a move to Webb can make a little sense, but who doesn't already know what they have in Geno?
Exactly. Geno Smith is trash. Get Webb in there. Either way Eli is getting disrespected. You bench the guy that lost his 3 top receiver and expect him to win. Along with a horrible line and no running game. McAdoo needs to be fired. What kind of cowpoop is this.
-
I've never thought that Eli was the guy that could carry a team on his back. Plenty good enough to win with a nice solid surrounding cast but no more then that.
I'm a little disappointed that my boy davis-webb didn't move up rather than perennial suck QB Geno's Pizza roll.
WSS
-
Bleacher Report.......
Benching of Eli Manning Ends an Era for the Giants in the Ugliest Way Possible
......will be back before you know it.
Manning was unceremoniously benched Tuesday afternoon after 14 seasons and 210 consecutive starts. The two-time Super Bowl MVP will be replaced by former tabloid back-page chew toy Geno Smith, a quarterback so inept that he deserved about half of the criticism he received during his Jets tenure.
The Giants have a more likely quarterback of the future on the roster in rookie Davis Webb, but Ben McAdoo, a lame duck whose New Year's Day plans involve updating his LinkedIn page, is now the coaching equivalent of a movie character climbing into the Sockpit of a crashing spaceship and randomly mashing buttons.
-
Under the "let's see what else we have at QB" light I guess a move to Webb can make a little sense, but who doesn't already know what they have in Geno?
Exactly. Geno Smith is trash. Get Webb in there. Either way Eli is getting disrespected. You bench the guy that lost his 3 top receiver and expect him to win. Along with a horrible line and no running game. McAdoo needs to be fired. What kind of cowpoop is this.
Exactly. Geno Smith is trash. Get Webb in there. Either way Eli is getting disrespected. You bench the guy that lost his 3 top receiver and expect him to win. Along with a horrible line and no running game. McAdoo needs to be fired. What kind of cowpoop is this.
Isn't that EXACTLY Kizer's situation??
-
Exactly. Geno Smith is trash. Get Webb in there. Either way Eli is getting disrespected. You bench the guy that lost his 3 top receiver and expect him to win. Along with a horrible line and no running game. McAdoo needs to be fired. What kind of cowpoop is this.
Isn't that EXACTLY Kizer's situation??
Isn't that EXACTLY Kizer's situation??
EXACTLY the difference is Eli HAD a highlight reel WR in Odell.....Kiser had/has the three stooges, oh and now the return of weed man. Good luck.
-
If I'm Eli...I'm demanding a trade to Jacksonville or Arizona or maybe Miami. He immediately makes all of those teams better. I'd push for Jacksonville because that division isn't all that great and their defense is pretty legit. Would immediately make them a contender.
If I'm Eli...I'm demanding a trade to Jacksonville or Arizona or maybe Miami. He immediately makes all of those teams better. I'd push for Jacksonville because that division isn't all that great and their defense is pretty legit. Would immediately make them a contender.
They are already a playoff contender....the thing that holds them back is their questionable QB.
Eli could put them into SB contending status....at least imo.
-
Geno Smith, the modern day Todd Philcox.
Good one. Except...let's be honest....Smith is likely better than Philcox was.
-
I've never thought that Eli was the guy that could carry a team on his back. Plenty good enough to win with a nice solid surrounding cast but no more then that.
I'm a little disappointed that my boy davis-webb didn't move up rather than perennial suck QB Geno's Pizza roll.
WSS
I've never thought that Eli was the guy that could carry a team on his back. Plenty good enough to win with a nice solid surrounding cast but no more then that.
I'm a little disappointed that my boy davis-webb didn't move up rather than perennial suck QB Geno's Pizza roll.
WSS
Every QB needs a solid surrounding cast. Tom Brady, Ben R. Aaron Rodgers.
Eli was good enough to win two Super Bowls. How many people can you say that about? (Even Rodgers only has the one)
And he beat Tom Brady twice in the SB......who else can that be said about?
(Brother Peyton...I believe, beat Brady twice in AFC title games...so that distinction is at least kept in the family)
-
Eli was a decent QB in his heyday. He'll never be in the same league as his brother though.
-
Exactly. Geno Smith is trash. Get Webb in there. Either way Eli is getting disrespected. You bench the guy that lost his 3 top receiver and expect him to win. Along with a horrible line and no running game. McAdoo needs to be fired. What kind of cowpoop is this.
Isn't that EXACTLY Kizer's situation??
Isn't that EXACTLY Kizer's situation??
No... not even close.
-
Isn't that EXACTLY Kizer's situation??
No... not even close.
No... not even close.
Yes true on a talent basis but similar on a situational basis, you don't have a good main go to WR and other team players it can be bad on a QB. Kizer has 1/100th the NFL QB experience that Eli does.
Oh how long until Eli is back on the field for the Giants, this year?
-
No... not even close.
Yes true on a talent basis but similar on a situational basis, you don't have a good main go to WR and other team players it can be bad on a QB. Kizer has 1/100th the NFL QB experience that Eli does.
Oh how long until Eli is back on the field for the Giants, this year?
Yes true on a talent basis but similar on a situational basis, you don't have a good main go to WR and other team players it can be bad on a QB. Kizer has 1/100th the NFL QB experience that Eli does.
Oh how long until Eli is back on the field for the Giants, this year?
My guess is not long.
If I recall, Eli will be a FA at season's end.
-
Yes true on a talent basis but similar on a situational basis, you don't have a good main go to WR and other team players it can be bad on a QB. Kizer has 1/100th the NFL QB experience that Eli does.
Oh how long until Eli is back on the field for the Giants, this year?
My guess is not long.
If I recall, Eli will be a FA at season's end.
If I recall, Eli will be a FA at season's end.
He'll be FA in 2020, so he still has 2 years. If they release him it would suppose a dead cap of 12.4millions.
I think that if he stays in the Giants, it is going to be because they change the GM. I see him closer to retiring than joining another team.
-
Pure and simple. Eli should be traded...most likely to the Jags....or maybe a couple of other team. Giants are starting a rebuilding...and a 37 year old at QB ain't the way to go about it. And he is not done...no more than BR or Rivers are done whom he came into this league with. He could easily help a team that can use a veteran winning QB as their final piece.
That is why the Jags make sense.
Denver could be another option...with their defense. Just do a redux of what his brother did?
The Cardinals to a lesser degree perhaps.
Maybe even the Vikings? Though I think Keenum is serving them well.
Or, Kansas City...if they don't want to continue to have faith in Alex Smith...and aren't ready to turn things over to Mahomes.
Possibly even the Dolphins? Even Tannehill coming back is no golden QB situation there. Or even the Bills...who are pretty good but appear to have little faith in Taylor.
And if Cousins goes elsewhere, maybe the Redskins. But I would not trade him within the division by any means.
That is why an AFC team...Jags/Broncos makes the most sense for a trade.
Now...just what would the compensation be? Unlikely a first round pick. Something less than that.
-
Giants should release Eli Manning
Fourteen loyal years of service, more than 200 straight starts, and a pair of Lombardi Trophies that wouldn’t have been won without him ultimately didn’t secure for Eli Manning the ability to end the 2017 season as the Giants’ starting quarterback.
Even though coach Ben McAdoo says that the decision to bench Eli for Geno Smithdoesn’t mean that Eli’s time with the team is done (as if McAdoo will be making any of those decisions), the Giants should do the right thing by Eli Manning and cut him.
Surely, he won’t be back with the team in 2018. Given the structure of his contract, he’ll likely be cut not long after the Super Bowl. So cut him now. Let him go.
Actually, he may not want to be released. If released, Eli would be subject to waivers. Anyone (including the Browns) could claim his contract. If he fails to show up, Manning would owe the team that claims him more than $12.4 million.
So who would be inclined to claim him on waiver? The Browns surely would consider it, as would the Bills, the Jets (maybe), the Jaguars, the Texans, the Broncos, and the Cardinals. But if he had no interest in playing for any of those teams, would the team go through with grabbing his rights?
Eli’s preference surely would be to become a free agent, and to join the most viable contender he could find: The Jaguars, where he’d be reunited with Tom Coughlin.
Even if it doesn’t happen this year, that could be exactly what happens comes 2018.
https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-release-eli-manning-214343879.html
-
If I recall, Eli will be a FA at season's end.
He'll be FA in 2020, so he still has 2 years. If they release him it would suppose a dead cap of 12.4millions.
I think that if he stays in the Giants, it is going to be because they change the GM. I see him closer to retiring than joining another team.
He'll be FA in 2020, so he still has 2 years. If they release him it would suppose a dead cap of 12.4millions.
I think that if he stays in the Giants, it is going to be because they change the GM. I see him closer to retiring than joining another team.
You’re right, I must’ve got him confused with the boatload of free agent QB’s hitting the market in early 2018.
-
If I'm Eli...I'm demanding a trade to Jacksonville or Arizona or maybe Miami. He immediately makes all of those teams better. I'd push for Jacksonville because that division isn't all that great and their defense is pretty legit. Would immediately make them a contender.
They are already a playoff contender....the thing that holds them back is their questionable QB.
Eli could put them into SB contending status....at least imo.
They are already a playoff contender....the thing that holds them back is their questionable QB.
Eli could put them into SB contending status....at least imo.
I had to look it up Gip- his stats aren't that bad. The Giants have lost three games by a total of 9 points.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login