Another draft guess
-
He's an amazing athlete. I watched a little bit of film, and he can absolutely launch the ball. Whether he can put in the study and time to adapt/learn the NFL game is the question.
I think teams are hoping for a more athletic deshaun watson/michael vick combo. I doubt he'll go #1. I think it's probably Rosen at #1. He's the most NFL ready, but there's also tons of time between now and the draft.
-
I don't watch college nor have an eye for prospects, I just watch some highlights here and there, but I'm surprised that Ridley is not in that top 20 while there are Sutton and Washington. I'm surprised because I've seen him mentioned many times in this Board and other places as the top WR of this draft.
@jiggins7919 If we can't count on Josh Gordon as our future WR (or at least not as a guaranteed) and Coleman has a slim frame, I'd guess you are more keen on drafting Sutton, who is 6'4 and 218lbs (per Wikipedia) and can win contested throws. I think that Washington has good hands, I've seen some one handed skilled catches.
I don't watch college nor have an eye for prospects, I just watch some highlights here and there, but I'm surprised that Ridley is not in that top 20 while there are Sutton and Washington. I'm surprised because I've seen him mentioned many times in this Board and other places as the top WR of this draft.
@jiggins7919 If we can't count on Josh Gordon as our future WR (or at least not as a guaranteed) and Coleman has a slim frame, I'd guess you are more keen on drafting Sutton, who is 6'4 and 218lbs (per Wikipedia) and can win contested throws. I think that Washington has good hands, I've seen some one handed skilled catches.
"Contested Throws".... That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. And just take a look at how many touchdowns each week are a result of a receiver winning the position battle, the qb throwing it to a spot, and the receiver fighting for the ball. You remember a receiver named Funchess that came out a year or two ago? He had question marks coming out, but he was EXACTLY what I was looking for! A big, mismatch receiver that could WIN on routes. Did we draft him? Noooooooooooooooo. We draft guys like Skillet Hands Louis, Help-You-Punt Britt, Rashard Too-Small Higgins, and Jordan On-My-Couch Payton.
How many of our drafted receivers can actually go up and fight for the ball? How many can turn a decent throw into a big play? How many can take a 5 yard pass and turn it into something special? When you watch teams with stud WRs, you notice just how many times they bail out the qb. Lord knows Kizer could've used some of that. Instead Njoku can't get both feet down, Coleman drops the best throw of the year, and the only play we can score touchdowns with a QB run. Ugh. Njoku was SUPPOSED to be "that guy" for us, but it really hasn't worked out yet. Mainly because we can't figure out that dang fade route to save our freaking lives. I think we're literally 0-19 on the year. Ridiculous.
Browns radio show host Nathan Zegura said something very interesting this week. He said when he watched a recent practice, Josh Gordon was the ONLY receiver that made the practice squad defenders....actually LOOK like practice squad defenders. In other words, our other starting guys struggle with practice squad people on a regular basis. That's just...just...wow. Making things somehow worse for us is the fact it appears to be a VERY weak WR class. Not top heavy AT ALL. Calvin Ridley is my favorite but he's not very big. Still, he could be good but I want some size! I think Allen Robinson is a free agent, so let's get him. Lol
-
I don't watch college nor have an eye for prospects, I just watch some highlights here and there, but I'm surprised that Ridley is not in that top 20 while there are Sutton and Washington. I'm surprised because I've seen him mentioned many times in this Board and other places as the top WR of this draft.
@jiggins7919 If we can't count on Josh Gordon as our future WR (or at least not as a guaranteed) and Coleman has a slim frame, I'd guess you are more keen on drafting Sutton, who is 6'4 and 218lbs (per Wikipedia) and can win contested throws. I think that Washington has good hands, I've seen some one handed skilled catches.
"Contested Throws".... That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. And just take a look at how many touchdowns each week are a result of a receiver winning the position battle, the qb throwing it to a spot, and the receiver fighting for the ball. You remember a receiver named Funchess that came out a year or two ago? He had question marks coming out, but he was EXACTLY what I was looking for! A big, mismatch receiver that could WIN on routes. Did we draft him? Noooooooooooooooo. We draft guys like Skillet Hands Louis, Help-You-Punt Britt, Rashard Too-Small Higgins, and Jordan On-My-Couch Payton.
How many of our drafted receivers can actually go up and fight for the ball? How many can turn a decent throw into a big play? How many can take a 5 yard pass and turn it into something special? When you watch teams with stud WRs, you notice just how many times they bail out the qb. Lord knows Kizer could've used some of that. Instead Njoku can't get both feet down, Coleman drops the best throw of the year, and the only play we can score touchdowns with a QB run. Ugh. Njoku was SUPPOSED to be "that guy" for us, but it really hasn't worked out yet. Mainly because we can't figure out that dang fade route to save our freaking lives. I think we're literally 0-19 on the year. Ridiculous.
Browns radio show host Nathan Zegura said something very interesting this week. He said when he watched a recent practice, Josh Gordon was the ONLY receiver that made the practice squad defenders....actually LOOK like practice squad defenders. In other words, our other starting guys struggle with practice squad people on a regular basis. That's just...just...wow. Making things somehow worse for us is the fact it appears to be a VERY weak WR class. Not top heavy AT ALL. Calvin Ridley is my favorite but he's not very big. Still, he could be good but I want some size! I think Allen Robinson is a free agent, so let's get him. Lol
"Contested Throws".... That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. And just take a look at how many touchdowns each week are a result of a receiver winning the position battle, the qb throwing it to a spot, and the receiver fighting for the ball. You remember a receiver named Funchess that came out a year or two ago? He had question marks coming out, but he was EXACTLY what I was looking for! A big, mismatch receiver that could WIN on routes. Did we draft him? Noooooooooooooooo. We draft guys like Skillet Hands Louis, Help-You-Punt Britt, Rashard Too-Small Higgins, and Jordan On-My-Couch Payton.
How many of our drafted receivers can actually go up and fight for the ball? How many can turn a decent throw into a big play? How many can take a 5 yard pass and turn it into something special? When you watch teams with stud WRs, you notice just how many times they bail out the qb. Lord knows Kizer could've used some of that. Instead Njoku can't get both feet down, Coleman drops the best throw of the year, and the only play we can score touchdowns with a QB run. Ugh. Njoku was SUPPOSED to be "that guy" for us, but it really hasn't worked out yet. Mainly because we can't figure out that dang fade route to save our freaking lives. I think we're literally 0-19 on the year. Ridiculous.
Browns radio show host Nathan Zegura said something very interesting this week. He said when he watched a recent practice, Josh Gordon was the ONLY receiver that made the practice squad defenders....actually LOOK like practice squad defenders. In other words, our other starting guys struggle with practice squad people on a regular basis. That's just...just...wow. Making things somehow worse for us is the fact it appears to be a VERY weak WR class. Not top heavy AT ALL. Calvin Ridley is my favorite but he's not very big. Still, he could be good but I want some size! I think Allen Robinson is a free agent, so let's get him. Lol
Torn ACL in week 1, I think it's going be haed to get him from the Jaguars now that they are looking to be contenders. He (and any WR that joins us) might see having Gordon as a concern, as he is our WR #1 and wideouts almost always want to have exclusive protagonism.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/
I guess you wouldn't go for Landry?
I have also thought about Brandon Marshall, he hits FA in 2019, but with the NY Giants meltdown you may get a trade for the big veteran playmaker. He's not on his prime but accepted an offer to be WR#2 behind OBJ, so...
-
"Contested Throws".... That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. And just take a look at how many touchdowns each week are a result of a receiver winning the position battle, the qb throwing it to a spot, and the receiver fighting for the ball. You remember a receiver named Funchess that came out a year or two ago? He had question marks coming out, but he was EXACTLY what I was looking for! A big, mismatch receiver that could WIN on routes. Did we draft him? Noooooooooooooooo. We draft guys like Skillet Hands Louis, Help-You-Punt Britt, Rashard Too-Small Higgins, and Jordan On-My-Couch Payton.
How many of our drafted receivers can actually go up and fight for the ball? How many can turn a decent throw into a big play? How many can take a 5 yard pass and turn it into something special? When you watch teams with stud WRs, you notice just how many times they bail out the qb. Lord knows Kizer could've used some of that. Instead Njoku can't get both feet down, Coleman drops the best throw of the year, and the only play we can score touchdowns with a QB run. Ugh. Njoku was SUPPOSED to be "that guy" for us, but it really hasn't worked out yet. Mainly because we can't figure out that dang fade route to save our freaking lives. I think we're literally 0-19 on the year. Ridiculous.
Browns radio show host Nathan Zegura said something very interesting this week. He said when he watched a recent practice, Josh Gordon was the ONLY receiver that made the practice squad defenders....actually LOOK like practice squad defenders. In other words, our other starting guys struggle with practice squad people on a regular basis. That's just...just...wow. Making things somehow worse for us is the fact it appears to be a VERY weak WR class. Not top heavy AT ALL. Calvin Ridley is my favorite but he's not very big. Still, he could be good but I want some size! I think Allen Robinson is a free agent, so let's get him. Lol
Torn ACL in week 1, I think it's going be haed to get him from the Jaguars now that they are looking to be contenders. He (and any WR that joins us) might see having Gordon as a concern, as he is our WR #1 and wideouts almost always want to have exclusive protagonism.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/
I guess you wouldn't go for Landry?
I have also thought about Brandon Marshall, he hits FA in 2019, but with the NY Giants meltdown you may get a trade for the big veteran playmaker. He's not on his prime but accepted an offer to be WR#2 behind OBJ, so...
Torn ACL in week 1, I think it's going be haed to get him from the Jaguars now that they are looking to be contenders. He (and any WR that joins us) might see having Gordon as a concern, as he is our WR #1 and wideouts almost always want to have exclusive protagonism.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/
I guess you wouldn't go for Landry?
I have also thought about Brandon Marshall, he hits FA in 2019, but with the NY Giants meltdown you may get a trade for the big veteran playmaker. He's not on his prime but accepted an offer to be WR#2 behind OBJ, so...
Landry isn't the prototype I'm looking for, but yeah...I'd definitely take him. I've always liked Marshall and respected him due to his fire and his honesty about mental illness. I could get behind signing him and kicking the tires. We'd probably be a little hesitant due to our recent history of signing older veteran receivers, but Marshall is cut from a different cloth IMO.
-
The more I watch Ridley the more I realize he's under appreciated and will most likely get that Michael Thomas treatment. The player that you know will be a good pro and has a game that translates to the next level - but he isn't "elite" in any one category.
Starting to think he'll be there at 33.
-
Well they've mentioned two players I reviewed and called potential 2nd round picks - Guice and Jackson. The latter will need some serious off season work.
-
The more I watch Ridley the more I realize he's under appreciated and will most likely get that Michael Thomas treatment. The player that you know will be a good pro and has a game that translates to the next level - but he isn't "elite" in any one category.
Starting to think he'll be there at 33.
The more I watch Ridley the more I realize he's under appreciated and will most likely get that Michael Thomas treatment. The player that you know will be a good pro and has a game that translates to the next level - but he isn't "elite" in any one category.
Starting to think he'll be there at 33.
I don't think so. But I'd be happy if he was (not that this FO would actually take him).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login