Skip to content

Best places to Eat in Vegas - Not Football Related - So What?

Barber Shop Talk
34 11 1.7k
  • @ghoolie said:

    I would need to be there next Sunday to collect, but I will cash in, in February when I go back.

    Check your betting slip because some have a time limit on how long you can keep it before cashing. Sometimes it's like 60 days. If you're not sure, then check with the place where you made the bet to see if they have a time limit on collecting.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Check your betting slip because some have a time limit on how long you can keep it before cashing. Sometimes it's like 60 days. If you're not sure, then check with the place where you made the bet to see if they have a time limit on collecting.

    I have a betting slip  from 1999  when I was in Lake Tahoe.  It was the week when the Browns played the Bengals.  Akili Smith led the Bangles to like a one or two point last second victory.  This is like the only game he ever started and won in his career.  Though the Browns lost, they did cover the spread, which was like 3 or 5 pts.  I was pissed because they lost that way...and never cashed in the ticket.   It was only good for like 5 bucks anyway. I still have it in my souvenir album from that trip.

    Can I assume it is no longer any good?😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    KA is horrible.

    Better than The Beatles and Michael Jackson,  but it also is not their best effort.

    WTF is "KA" ?  

    Regardless....nothing is better than the Beatles.

    It is a Cirque show that plays at MGM in Vegas. The Beatles and Michael Jackson Cirque shows blow goat caulk. KA is better, it is a very big, ominous looking show featuring some big machines. Two years ago a poor young girl lost her life on stage when she accidentally slid down a very tall climbing wall of war due to not having her safety cable attached. In the old days I think the show would have gone dark for a year (No show, but the headline stays up - That's what they did when Roy got chomped on by Monecore). I was surprised that they just churned on..............but I guess there is a big difference between a star being injured versus a replaceable  acrobat, eh?

    I have secured an audition for a new Cirque show that will be released in the next 2 years........(as a multi-instrumentalist in the band........not as an acrobat, lol) It would be a dream retirement job for me. I hear however that for the young performers, the shows offer very little in the way of benefits and job security. That's why I persued science and not music as a career.

    @ghoolie said:

    It is a Cirque show that plays at MGM in Vegas. The Beatles and Michael Jackson Cirque shows blow goat caulk. KA is better, it is a very big, ominous looking show featuring some big machines. Two years ago a poor young girl lost her life on stage when she accidentally slid down a very tall climbing wall of war due to not having her safety cable attached. In the old days I think the show would have gone dark for a year (No show, but the headline stays up - That's what they did when Roy got chomped on by Monecore). I was surprised that they just churned on..............but I guess there is a big difference between a star being injured versus a replaceable  acrobat, eh?

    I have secured an audition for a new Cirque show that will be released in the next 2 years........(as a multi-instrumentalist in the band........not as an acrobat, lol) It would be a dream retirement job for me. I hear however that for the young performers, the shows offer very little in the way of benefits and job security. That's why I persued science and not music as a career.

    OK, you are saying that this particular Vegas show is better than the Vegas shows about the Beatles and MJ.  Fair enough.  I misunderstood. 

    Good luck on the audition.

  • Had Steak and Shake burger tonight, best burger I ever had.

  • i was just in viva la elvis and The Mirage had a awesome buffet and let me tell ya it used to down right suck a$$ and of course across the street is good ole drunk food white castle

  • For steaks - in no particular order ------Bardot, Tom Colichio's, Gallagher's, Mon Ami Gabi

    Buffet - Caesars, by far

    Hamburger - Sammy's Burgers and Pastrami on Decatur (#1) - Gordon Ramsay's Burgr,  Emeril's Sportsbar

    Hot Dog - The D

    I am headed there on Monday. Decided to see Wayne Newton. He and Donnie/Marie are really the last remaining acts from the heyday (Not Who Dey) of Vegas. My Mom was a big fan, it will be like a trip back in time.

    Oh yeah............... if you can see only one show in Paradise, see Absinthe.............cussing,bawdy humor and phenomenal daredevil acts, right at arms reach. 

    I will send you some pictures from the desert.

    @ghoolie said:

    For steaks - in no particular order ------Bardot, Tom Colichio's, Gallagher's, Mon Ami Gabi

    Buffet - Caesars, by far

    Hamburger - Sammy's Burgers and Pastrami on Decatur (#1) - Gordon Ramsay's Burgr,  Emeril's Sportsbar

    Hot Dog - The D

    I am headed there on Monday. Decided to see Wayne Newton. He and Donnie/Marie are really the last remaining acts from the heyday (Not Who Dey) of Vegas. My Mom was a big fan, it will be like a trip back in time.

    Oh yeah............... if you can see only one show in Paradise, see Absinthe.............cussing,bawdy humor and phenomenal daredevil acts, right at arms reach. 

    I will send you some pictures from the desert.

    it was Shmucking weird in a strange way to hear Christmas music being played while talking to hookers and betting games,Shmucking vegas hookers a riot 

  • sydS syd

    @ghoolie said:

    For steaks - in no particular order ------Bardot, Tom Colichio's, Gallagher's, Mon Ami Gabi

    Buffet - Caesars, by far

    Hamburger - Sammy's Burgers and Pastrami on Decatur (#1) - Gordon Ramsay's Burgr,  Emeril's Sportsbar

    Hot Dog - The D

    I am headed there on Monday. Decided to see Wayne Newton. He and Donnie/Marie are really the last remaining acts from the heyday (Not Who Dey) of Vegas. My Mom was a big fan, it will be like a trip back in time.

    Oh yeah............... if you can see only one show in Paradise, see Absinthe.............cussing,bawdy humor and phenomenal daredevil acts, right at arms reach. 

    I will send you some pictures from the desert.

    it was Shmucking weird in a strange way to hear Christmas music being played while talking to hookers and betting games,Shmucking vegas hookers a riot 

    @syd said:

    it was Shmucking weird in a strange way to hear Christmas music being played while talking to hookers and betting games,Shmucking vegas hookers a riot 

    Some of the hookers you were talking to, in fact, most of them in the strip casinos, were cops, not hookers. Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas and while the constant influx of new girls makes cataloging them all pretty impossible, Vegas really does a good job of keeping that to a minimum. Those girls that sit down next to you in the Casino and ask you "would you like company" are looking to arrest you. And, no, it is not entrapment for them to do that.

    However, there are a lot of hookers on the street for sure, not as many as one would think, but nonetheless, it is all part of the Vegas Christmas experience. I hope you had fun. There is no place on Earth that I would rather be. Can't get enough of it.

  • @syd said:

    it was Shmucking weird in a strange way to hear Christmas music being played while talking to hookers and betting games,Shmucking vegas hookers a riot 

    Some of the hookers you were talking to, in fact, most of them in the strip casinos, were cops, not hookers. Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas and while the constant influx of new girls makes cataloging them all pretty impossible, Vegas really does a good job of keeping that to a minimum. Those girls that sit down next to you in the Casino and ask you "would you like company" are looking to arrest you. And, no, it is not entrapment for them to do that.

    However, there are a lot of hookers on the street for sure, not as many as one would think, but nonetheless, it is all part of the Vegas Christmas experience. I hope you had fun. There is no place on Earth that I would rather be. Can't get enough of it.

    @ghoolie said:

    Some of the hookers you were talking to, in fact, most of them in the strip casinos, were cops, not hookers. Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas and while the constant influx of new girls makes cataloging them all pretty impossible, Vegas really does a good job of keeping that to a minimum. Those girls that sit down next to you in the Casino and ask you "would you like company" are looking to arrest you. And, no, it is not entrapment for them to do that.

    However, there are a lot of hookers on the street for sure, not as many as one would think, but nonetheless, it is all part of the Vegas Christmas experience. I hope you had fun. There is no place on Earth that I would rather be. Can't get enough of it.

    if they tried to get to cozy I just told them i was a local and for what ever reason it really pissed em off 😉

  • Best breakfast - Omelette House. Police eat there.

     Roast beef sandwich at the Carnegie deli in the Mirage.