So, Jimbo gets $75 Million
-
But...it seems that is apparently correct, see this list:
http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10/#2-texas--1835-million-24
TAMU IS spending more now than anyone else. It helps them that they are spending 61.2% more in a single year than they had before....and 132% more over a 5 year period.
And noting, on this list of the Top 25 spenders:
10 are in the SEC, 8 in the Big Ten, 3 in the Pac 12, 2 in the ACC, and 2 in the Big 12.
Of the Top 10, half...5 are SEC, 3 are Big Ten and two are Big 12.
(these were as of October 2016.
-
This kind of works in NCAA Hoops too, from the 2017 March Madness.....
Selection Sunday is in the rearview, and that means one thing: Millions of sports fans across the country scrambling to fill out their brackets. There are inumerable strategies to use, from advanced stats to scariest mascots, but Forbes has always taken the simple business approach: picking the teams that spend the most.
The basic logic is that the teams spending the most money on things like coaching, recruiting and facilities will typically be the most successful on the court. The approach also tends to favor teams that have had recent tournament success, since deep tourney runs are usually associated with higher spending on travel and lodging. It's not perfect - Syracuse and Indiana, both top-five in basketball expenses, aren't even in the field this year - but three of the last five champions rank among the sport's top spenders.
And does our strategy work for filling out a bracket? More or less. Over the last three years our spending bracket has nailed nearly 70% of first-round picks, which is about equal to what you'd get by picking the favorites. And we typically wind up with around half of the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight........
Football data is generally a few years back and can be a bit nebulous at times.
-
From businessinsider, I often use Forbes also, from 2015......
The 25 schools that make the most money in college sports.....
A lot of BIG TEN in the top schools!
-
From businessinsider, I often use Forbes also, from 2015......
The 25 schools that make the most money in college sports.....
A lot of BIG TEN in the top schools!
From businessinsider, I often use Forbes also, from 2015......
The 25 schools that make the most money in college sports.....
A lot of BIG TEN in the top schools!
This is old. It is superseded by the link that I gave. Your link had Oregon on top....but note this from more recent:
21. Oregon — $105.7 million

1-year change: -46.1%
5-year change: -13.6%
Donations: $27.0 million
Licensing/Rights fees: $42.2 million
3-year avg. football revenue: $57.0 million
3-year avg. men's basketball revenue: $8.8 million
3-year avg. women's basketball revenue: $0.3 million
They had a negative 46 some percent in their revenues.
-
A&M fans are like Michigan's. Hoping Jimbo will change that.
How so?
How so?
We think kicking a guy like Kirk Merritt off the team and back to the hood, and not paying players, is more noble than actually winning games. I hear we will be picking it up again with Jimbo. Certainly he knows how to "play the game" coming from FSU so hopefully he revives us in that regard.
But...it seems that is apparently correct, see this list:
http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10/#2-texas--1835-million-24
TAMU IS spending more now than anyone else. It helps them that they are spending 61.2% more in a single year than they had before....and 132% more over a 5 year period.
And noting, on this list of the Top 25 spenders:
10 are in the SEC, 8 in the Big Ten, 3 in the Pac 12, 2 in the ACC, and 2 in the Big 12.
Of the Top 10, half...5 are SEC, 3 are Big Ten and two are Big 12.
(these were as of October 2016.
You should see the recruiting "budgets."
-
From businessinsider, I often use Forbes also, from 2015......
The 25 schools that make the most money in college sports.....
A lot of BIG TEN in the top schools!
This is old. It is superseded by the link that I gave. Your link had Oregon on top....but note this from more recent:
21. Oregon — $105.7 million

1-year change: -46.1%
5-year change: -13.6%
Donations: $27.0 million
Licensing/Rights fees: $42.2 million
3-year avg. football revenue: $57.0 million
3-year avg. men's basketball revenue: $8.8 million
3-year avg. women's basketball revenue: $0.3 million
They had a negative 46 some percent in their revenues.
This is old. It is superseded by the link that I gave. Your link had Oregon on top....but note this from more recent:
21. Oregon — $105.7 million

1-year change: -46.1%
5-year change: -13.6%
Donations: $27.0 million
Licensing/Rights fees: $42.2 million
3-year avg. football revenue: $57.0 million
3-year avg. men's basketball revenue: $8.8 million
3-year avg. women's basketball revenue: $0.3 million
They had a negative 46 some percent in their revenues.
Just showing a few things like the difference between profit and revenues especially with Mr. NIKE cutting some massive checks for the university.
And No. 1 in one stat and No. 21 a year later......like I said these numbers can be a bit "nebulous" at times to say the least. Remember the old slush fund days? I do, I remember some good teammates and friends getting some amazing incentives to play in the late 1960s and early 1970s primarily from booster's big bankrolls picking them up at the airport. Cars, clothes, girls....oh what fun days.
-
This is old. It is superseded by the link that I gave. Your link had Oregon on top....but note this from more recent:
21. Oregon — $105.7 million

1-year change: -46.1%
5-year change: -13.6%
Donations: $27.0 million
Licensing/Rights fees: $42.2 million
3-year avg. football revenue: $57.0 million
3-year avg. men's basketball revenue: $8.8 million
3-year avg. women's basketball revenue: $0.3 million
They had a negative 46 some percent in their revenues.
Just showing a few things like the difference between profit and revenues especially with Mr. NIKE cutting some massive checks for the university.
And No. 1 in one stat and No. 21 a year later......like I said these numbers can be a bit "nebulous" at times to say the least. Remember the old slush fund days? I do, I remember some good teammates and friends getting some amazing incentives to play in the late 1960s and early 1970s primarily from booster's big bankrolls picking them up at the airport. Cars, clothes, girls....oh what fun days.
Just showing a few things like the difference between profit and revenues especially with Mr. NIKE cutting some massive checks for the university.
And No. 1 in one stat and No. 21 a year later......like I said these numbers can be a bit "nebulous" at times to say the least. Remember the old slush fund days? I do, I remember some good teammates and friends getting some amazing incentives to play in the late 1960s and early 1970s primarily from booster's big bankrolls picking them up at the airport. Cars, clothes, girls....oh what fun days.
Uhmm....those "slush fund days" are by no means "old". Sorry, but its a fact.....some of these guys get hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to play in the SEC. One report I think had Cam Newton's family getting $200,000. I think they probably play 5 star recruits a minimum of 50gs And as War said...you should see some of the recruiting budgets.
-
Just showing a few things like the difference between profit and revenues especially with Mr. NIKE cutting some massive checks for the university.
And No. 1 in one stat and No. 21 a year later......like I said these numbers can be a bit "nebulous" at times to say the least. Remember the old slush fund days? I do, I remember some good teammates and friends getting some amazing incentives to play in the late 1960s and early 1970s primarily from booster's big bankrolls picking them up at the airport. Cars, clothes, girls....oh what fun days.
Uhmm....those "slush fund days" are by no means "old". Sorry, but its a fact.....some of these guys get hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to play in the SEC. One report I think had Cam Newton's family getting $200,000. I think they probably play 5 star recruits a minimum of 50gs And as War said...you should see some of the recruiting budgets.
Uhmm....those "slush fund days" are by no means "old". Sorry, but its a fact.....some of these guys get hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to play in the SEC. One report I think had Cam Newton's family getting $200,000. I think they probably play 5 star recruits a minimum of 50gs And as War said...you should see some of the recruiting budgets.
I don't know how or when they will get rid of the payoffs too much team interests involved. And in the OLD slush funds were even less controlled than today......you know the booster openly in the convertible at the airport with wads of cash and a couple of "coeds" (hookers)......oh yeah the good old days.
-
Uhmm....those "slush fund days" are by no means "old". Sorry, but its a fact.....some of these guys get hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to play in the SEC. One report I think had Cam Newton's family getting $200,000. I think they probably play 5 star recruits a minimum of 50gs And as War said...you should see some of the recruiting budgets.
I don't know how or when they will get rid of the payoffs too much team interests involved. And in the OLD slush funds were even less controlled than today......you know the booster openly in the convertible at the airport with wads of cash and a couple of "coeds" (hookers)......oh yeah the good old days.
I don't know how or when they will get rid of the payoffs too much team interests involved. And in the OLD slush funds were even less controlled than today......you know the booster openly in the convertible at the airport with wads of cash and a couple of "coeds" (hookers)......oh yeah the good old days.
Well....these days I think it is more covert (they probably just give cash rather than cars and poontang)......and more lucrative. They give them enough money that they can go out and buy their own cars and hos.
-
I don't know how or when they will get rid of the payoffs too much team interests involved. And in the OLD slush funds were even less controlled than today......you know the booster openly in the convertible at the airport with wads of cash and a couple of "coeds" (hookers)......oh yeah the good old days.
Well....these days I think it is more covert (they probably just give cash rather than cars and poontang)......and more lucrative. They give them enough money that they can go out and buy their own cars and hos.
Well....these days I think it is more covert (they probably just give cash rather than cars and poontang)......and more lucrative. They give them enough money that they can go out and buy their own cars and hos.
Not really cars, cash, clothes and way more back then.....a kid who grew up two houses from me was a first team All Ohio DE in 1971 and went to the BIG TEN, unreal.
The real difference was there was always more from the booster's and nobody really cared.
-
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
-
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Yes they just have to be much more cautious now. If you're a 5* with a go-between you probably do quite well.
......oh and one of the all time classic programs the famous PONY EXCE$$, ah the insane old days.
-
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Perhaps. Though...I don't know....its nothing like the excess likely that goes on the SEC.
-
The SEC is the worst offender by far. OSU partakes as well. At least they definitely did with Tressel. Pryor being the best example
-
The SEC is the worst offender by far. OSU partakes as well. At least they definitely did with Tressel. Pryor being the best example
The SEC is the worst offender by far. OSU partakes as well. At least they definitely did with Tressel. Pryor being the best example
Do I have to repeat the reams and reams of scandals that have occurred at FmU?
-
The SEC is the worst offender by far. OSU partakes as well. At least they definitely did with Tressel. Pryor being the best example
Do I have to repeat the reams and reams of scandals that have occurred at FmU?
Do I have to repeat the reams and reams of scandals that have occurred at FmU?
You're more than welcome to copy and paste the list you found online. I probably won't spend the time to correct everyone. Though I'm sure the Fab Five is very relevant to this discussion...
It's pretty damn apparent what Tressel did at YSU and OSU. But I know you're way too blinded by fandom to ever see it. I would just expect a response on par with "Miami OH is as good of a school as Michigan"
-
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Perhaps. Though...I don't know....its nothing like the excess likely that goes on the SEC.
Perhaps. Though...I don't know....its nothing like the excess likely that goes on the SEC.
No, it's exactly like that. Ohio State is in the top 5 of paying players. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's what it takes to win.
-
Perhaps. Though...I don't know....its nothing like the excess likely that goes on the SEC.
No, it's exactly like that. Ohio State is in the top 5 of paying players. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's what it takes to win.
No, it's exactly like that. Ohio State is in the top 5 of paying players. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's what it takes to win.
Just curious where do you find these figures and stats?
-
The recruiting rankings, and more to the point I had a friend that played there. Not to mention very few OSU fans A. deny it or B. care (nor should they).
-
Do I have to repeat the reams and reams of scandals that have occurred at FmU?
You're more than welcome to copy and paste the list you found online. I probably won't spend the time to correct everyone. Though I'm sure the Fab Five is very relevant to this discussion...
It's pretty damn apparent what Tressel did at YSU and OSU. But I know you're way too blinded by fandom to ever see it. I would just expect a response on par with "Miami OH is as good of a school as Michigan"
You're more than welcome to copy and paste the list you found online. I probably won't spend the time to correct everyone. Though I'm sure the Fab Five is very relevant to this discussion...
It's pretty damn apparent what Tressel did at YSU and OSU. But I know you're way too blinded by fandom to ever see it. I would just expect a response on par with "Miami OH is as good of a school as Michigan"
You are too blinded by stupidity...and fandom.
And Miami is every bit as good......its just that you are too blinded by fandom/loyalty etc. to admit it.
Lets put it this way: I would have been fine sending my kid to either school...but I would have preferred Miami. (and I preferred the school he did go to over either of them)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login