So, Jimbo gets $75 Million
-
I don't know how or when they will get rid of the payoffs too much team interests involved. And in the OLD slush funds were even less controlled than today......you know the booster openly in the convertible at the airport with wads of cash and a couple of "coeds" (hookers)......oh yeah the good old days.
Well....these days I think it is more covert (they probably just give cash rather than cars and poontang)......and more lucrative. They give them enough money that they can go out and buy their own cars and hos.
Well....these days I think it is more covert (they probably just give cash rather than cars and poontang)......and more lucrative. They give them enough money that they can go out and buy their own cars and hos.
Not really cars, cash, clothes and way more back then.....a kid who grew up two houses from me was a first team All Ohio DE in 1971 and went to the BIG TEN, unreal.
The real difference was there was always more from the booster's and nobody really cared.
-
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
-
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Yes they just have to be much more cautious now. If you're a 5* with a go-between you probably do quite well.
......oh and one of the all time classic programs the famous PONY EXCE$$, ah the insane old days.
-
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Perhaps. Though...I don't know....its nothing like the excess likely that goes on the SEC.
-
The SEC is the worst offender by far. OSU partakes as well. At least they definitely did with Tressel. Pryor being the best example
-
The SEC is the worst offender by far. OSU partakes as well. At least they definitely did with Tressel. Pryor being the best example
The SEC is the worst offender by far. OSU partakes as well. At least they definitely did with Tressel. Pryor being the best example
Do I have to repeat the reams and reams of scandals that have occurred at FmU?
-
The SEC is the worst offender by far. OSU partakes as well. At least they definitely did with Tressel. Pryor being the best example
Do I have to repeat the reams and reams of scandals that have occurred at FmU?
Do I have to repeat the reams and reams of scandals that have occurred at FmU?
You're more than welcome to copy and paste the list you found online. I probably won't spend the time to correct everyone. Though I'm sure the Fab Five is very relevant to this discussion...
It's pretty damn apparent what Tressel did at YSU and OSU. But I know you're way too blinded by fandom to ever see it. I would just expect a response on par with "Miami OH is as good of a school as Michigan"
-
Ohio State pays players as well as any team in the country, just to be clear. It's one of my favorite things about the program.
Perhaps. Though...I don't know....its nothing like the excess likely that goes on the SEC.
Perhaps. Though...I don't know....its nothing like the excess likely that goes on the SEC.
No, it's exactly like that. Ohio State is in the top 5 of paying players. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's what it takes to win.
-
Perhaps. Though...I don't know....its nothing like the excess likely that goes on the SEC.
No, it's exactly like that. Ohio State is in the top 5 of paying players. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's what it takes to win.
No, it's exactly like that. Ohio State is in the top 5 of paying players. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's what it takes to win.
Just curious where do you find these figures and stats?
-
The recruiting rankings, and more to the point I had a friend that played there. Not to mention very few OSU fans A. deny it or B. care (nor should they).
-
Do I have to repeat the reams and reams of scandals that have occurred at FmU?
You're more than welcome to copy and paste the list you found online. I probably won't spend the time to correct everyone. Though I'm sure the Fab Five is very relevant to this discussion...
It's pretty damn apparent what Tressel did at YSU and OSU. But I know you're way too blinded by fandom to ever see it. I would just expect a response on par with "Miami OH is as good of a school as Michigan"
You're more than welcome to copy and paste the list you found online. I probably won't spend the time to correct everyone. Though I'm sure the Fab Five is very relevant to this discussion...
It's pretty damn apparent what Tressel did at YSU and OSU. But I know you're way too blinded by fandom to ever see it. I would just expect a response on par with "Miami OH is as good of a school as Michigan"
You are too blinded by stupidity...and fandom.
And Miami is every bit as good......its just that you are too blinded by fandom/loyalty etc. to admit it.
Lets put it this way: I would have been fine sending my kid to either school...but I would have preferred Miami. (and I preferred the school he did go to over either of them)
-
Perhaps. Though...I don't know....its nothing like the excess likely that goes on the SEC.
No, it's exactly like that. Ohio State is in the top 5 of paying players. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's what it takes to win.
No, it's exactly like that. Ohio State is in the top 5 of paying players. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's what it takes to win.
Prove it.
-
The recruiting rankings, and more to the point I had a friend that played there. Not to mention very few OSU fans A. deny it or B. care (nor should they).
The recruiting rankings, and more to the point I had a friend that played there. Not to mention very few OSU fans A. deny it or B. care (nor should they).
Prove it. The recruiting rankings don't prove that....unless you are saying that every single FBS school is cheating.
I am not saying you are wrong....but I am saying that it is only the SEC schools that seem to have this info float out there about them......though...it is true that there is some recent evidence out there on Rick Pitino having Nike give like 100K to a recruit.....paid to the kids dad.
-
Pryor must have had a great part time job to afford about 8 new cars in the time he was at OSU...
-
You're more than welcome to copy and paste the list you found online. I probably won't spend the time to correct everyone. Though I'm sure the Fab Five is very relevant to this discussion...
It's pretty damn apparent what Tressel did at YSU and OSU. But I know you're way too blinded by fandom to ever see it. I would just expect a response on par with "Miami OH is as good of a school as Michigan"
You are too blinded by stupidity...and fandom.
And Miami is every bit as good......its just that you are too blinded by fandom/loyalty etc. to admit it.
Lets put it this way: I would have been fine sending my kid to either school...but I would have preferred Miami. (and I preferred the school he did go to over either of them)
You are too blinded by stupidity...and fandom.
And Miami is every bit as good......its just that you are too blinded by fandom/loyalty etc. to admit it.
Lets put it this way: I would have been fine sending my kid to either school...but I would have preferred Miami. (and I preferred the school he did go to over either of them)
Sigh
All I can do is shake my head and laugh.
-
The recruiting rankings, and more to the point I had a friend that played there. Not to mention very few OSU fans A. deny it or B. care (nor should they).
Prove it. The recruiting rankings don't prove that....unless you are saying that every single FBS school is cheating.
I am not saying you are wrong....but I am saying that it is only the SEC schools that seem to have this info float out there about them......though...it is true that there is some recent evidence out there on Rick Pitino having Nike give like 100K to a recruit.....paid to the kids dad.
Prove it. The recruiting rankings don't prove that....unless you are saying that every single FBS school is cheating.
I am not saying you are wrong....but I am saying that it is only the SEC schools that seem to have this info float out there about them......though...it is true that there is some recent evidence out there on Rick Pitino having Nike give like 100K to a recruit.....paid to the kids dad.
This isn't exactly publicly released knowledge. I had a friend play there and I follow the SEC and know alot of people that are into the underground scene in these parts.
Not every single FBS school, but the vast, vast majority of the Power 5 are "cheating," yes.
-
The recruiting rankings, and more to the point I had a friend that played there. Not to mention very few OSU fans A. deny it or B. care (nor should they).
Prove it. The recruiting rankings don't prove that....unless you are saying that every single FBS school is cheating.
I am not saying you are wrong....but I am saying that it is only the SEC schools that seem to have this info float out there about them......though...it is true that there is some recent evidence out there on Rick Pitino having Nike give like 100K to a recruit.....paid to the kids dad.
Prove it. The recruiting rankings don't prove that....unless you are saying that every single FBS school is cheating.
I am not saying you are wrong....but I am saying that it is only the SEC schools that seem to have this info float out there about them......though...it is true that there is some recent evidence out there on Rick Pitino having Nike give like 100K to a recruit.....paid to the kids dad.
Kendall Sheffield is a good example. He wanted to go to A&M out of high school. Alabama paid him at the last minute and he went there. Then coming out of Blinn (JUCO) he wanted to go to A&M again. Our boosters should have stepped up. They didn't. Ohio State's did. And the team is the better for it. In Sheffield's case, his dad was the one with the hand out.
-
Ole Miss, Bama, etc. There have been some blatant examples.
Honestly if they want to pay the players I'm fine with it. That will hurt smaller schools, but Michigan has the money to compete. Maybe it shouldn't be the wild west, but they do deserve some compensation
-
Back to the original issue, I'd rather we pay Jimbo $7.5 Mil / year than the $5 Mil / year we paid Sumlin. After watching that middle school coaching giveaway from 34 points up on UCLA, he deserved an immediate firing and not just wait till the string was played out. Never seen anything like it. Just basic stuff like making the QB use all the time on the clock each play would have won that game handily. Or just run every f'n play since the QB that gave us the lead had been hurt and the true freshman replacing could not hit the broad side of a barn. But he was a decent runner.
-
You are too blinded by stupidity...and fandom.
And Miami is every bit as good......its just that you are too blinded by fandom/loyalty etc. to admit it.
Lets put it this way: I would have been fine sending my kid to either school...but I would have preferred Miami. (and I preferred the school he did go to over either of them)
Sigh
All I can do is shake my head and laugh.
Sigh
All I can do is shake my head and laugh.
You are an ignorant, biased Michigan fan. Everyone here knows it. If there is any laughing...it is all of us laughing at you.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login