***Official Browns @ L. A. Chargers Game Day Thread***
-
Defense didn't cost the team the game but they weren't very good either.
-
Johnny still at the beach in Hawaii? I'll ask him to come back when I get there tomorrow.
Johnny still at the beach in Hawaii? I'll ask him to come back when I get there tomorrow.
Bring him the contract from Jimmy. Guyana Rum, all he can drink@!
-
Johnny still at the beach in Hawaii? I'll ask him to come back when I get there tomorrow.
Bring him the contract from Jimmy. Guyana Rum, all he can drink@!
Bring him the contract from Jimmy. Guyana Rum, all he can drink@!
Send JG with me. We'll find us those topless women, drink us some rum and ride some swans and be done by practice on Tuesday. Sure could not hurt what we see now.

-
OK, about the defense, it was frustrating but they managed to make some plays mainly in the redzone, when they have been terrible and have surrendered many points in that area the whole year. I get that they try to keep low the ''big play counter'' but we still allow many 10-15 yard plays. Anyway, thinking about it, any defense that keeps the rival under 20 points shouldn't be called off. I mean, Chargers have a good offense and we kept the score close, so for me, the blame goes to....
The offense.
Kizer is terrible mostly in the endzone, we are completely out of ideas and don't execute even the simplest plays properly. And we still don't have many playmakers. Coleman didn't have a catch this game, just when we expected he would shine having a legit WR#1 in Gordon.
Meanwhile, Gordon had 85 yards, in a game where Heyward was all over him, and Njoku had 74.
We didn't run the ball, we didn't get many drives going... If we just ended in FG distance more times we could at least have more options.
Hue doesn't get the most out of this offensive roster.
-
tell me how our defense caused that Kizer interception
tell me how our defense caused that Kizer interception
They were not showing him any support, In fact from what I understand they were yelling and calling him names from the sidelines, Those kind of things hurt when it is you're own teammates
-
tell me how our defense caused that Kizer interception
They were not showing him any support, In fact from what I understand they were yelling and calling him names from the sidelines, Those kind of things hurt when it is you're own teammates
They were not showing him any support, In fact from what I understand they were yelling and calling him names from the sidelines, Those kind of things hurt when it is you're own teammates
Well, he does kinda F#%* up in the redzone close to 90% of the time
-
They were not showing him any support, In fact from what I understand they were yelling and calling him names from the sidelines, Those kind of things hurt when it is you're own teammates
Well, he does kinda F#%* up in the redzone close to 90% of the time
Well, he does kinda F#%* up in the redzone close to 90% of the time
That he does. Drives right down the field and GIVES it to the other team, Atleast weeden didn't drive us down the field, he would just give it right to them.
-
Well, he does kinda F#%* up in the redzone close to 90% of the time
That he does. Drives right down the field and GIVES it to the other team, Atleast weeden didn't drive us down the field, he would just give it right to them.
That he does. Drives right down the field and GIVES it to the other team, Atleast weeden didn't drive us down the field, he would just give it right to them.
Kizer kind of makes Weeden look like Joe Montana
-
Coleman is worthless. WTF was he doing holding on that run by Johnson? Is he so stupid he thinks that won't be flagged or what?????????
Kizer can throw great throws here and there, but the underthrows, really bad overthrows, inaccurate throws..and worst of all, staring down his intended first option the entire time... just not going to work. I think he would make the same mistakes if he started two more years. It's who he is, how his mind is not wired to be a qb.
and the rolling out and just not -thinking- that the pursuit is surely going to catch up to him and knock the ball out of his hands...pitiful. Kizer is apparently a linear thinker - he can't see more than one thing at a time. I think he will be a very good backup for a long time maybe, but these Browns needf a real qb with a qb brain, a fs, a top shut down cb.
The defense doesn't work on pass plays. Stopping the giant plays, but letting shorter plays go wide open most of the gameis limiting the score, but still looking like our first two draft picks should be db's and a wr. and another db in the second round.
The Browns need a new qb who has a qb brain - wired to see the entire field. and playing so far off the los on defense, the db'sare just admitting defeat on a pass play. Preventing a quick TD is hardly a moral victory.
-
Coleman is worthless. WTF was he doing holding on that run by Johnson? Is he so stupid he thinks that won't be flagged or what?????????
Kizer can throw great throws here and there, but the underthrows, really bad overthrows, inaccurate throws..and worst of all, staring down his intended first option the entire time... just not going to work. I think he would make the same mistakes if he started two more years. It's who he is, how his mind is not wired to be a qb.
and the rolling out and just not -thinking- that the pursuit is surely going to catch up to him and knock the ball out of his hands...pitiful. Kizer is apparently a linear thinker - he can't see more than one thing at a time. I think he will be a very good backup for a long time maybe, but these Browns needf a real qb with a qb brain, a fs, a top shut down cb.
The defense doesn't work on pass plays. Stopping the giant plays, but letting shorter plays go wide open most of the gameis limiting the score, but still looking like our first two draft picks should be db's and a wr. and another db in the second round.
The Browns need a new qb who has a qb brain - wired to see the entire field. and playing so far off the los on defense, the db'sare just admitting defeat on a pass play. Preventing a quick TD is hardly a moral victory.
-
hey dont say that! he was our mid first round draft pick in 2016!
Coleman has been pretty horrible so far, is always injured, gets penalties called on him, and can’t catch. Gordon was the lone star of this game. Get him a real QB and offensive coordinator and we can be competitive on offense. Even McCown would make Gordon and the offense light years better. But it’s better to play a 21 year old rookie QB who isn’t ready and lose all the games instead of trying to win. This is the NFL after all, and Haslam, as an owner, is smarter than all of us regarding football.
-
I can't blame the FO for drafting Coleman but I can blame them on why he is still here, as you mentioned, dropped passes, gets called for dumb penalties and is hurt a lot. That is just dumb to keep somebody like that
-
I can't blame the FO for drafting Coleman but I can blame them on why he is still here, as you mentioned, dropped passes, gets called for dumb penalties and is hurt a lot. That is just dumb to keep somebody like that
I can't blame the FO for drafting Coleman but I can blame them on why he is still here, as you mentioned, dropped passes, gets called for dumb penalties and is hurt a lot. That is just dumb to keep somebody like that
I blame them for drafting him. There were better alternatives.
-
I can't blame the FO for drafting Coleman but I can blame them on why he is still here, as you mentioned, dropped passes, gets called for dumb penalties and is hurt a lot. That is just dumb to keep somebody like that
I blame them for drafting him. There were better alternatives.
I blame them for drafting him. There were better alternatives.
I saw his highlight reel and I was impressed, I was not impressed by our so called kicker. All the long kicks I saw him make, nobody was really coming for him, there was in no way that he was under pressure to make the kick so I really was not happy we picked him. But he is what we have, I don't know if we have him next year or not. But I see a lot of players gone at season end, Britt, Higgins, Louis I am sure will all be gone, Gordon will be traded or will just walk, Coleman should be gone to
-
hey dont say that! he was our mid first round draft pick in 2016!
Coleman has been pretty horrible so far, is always injured, gets penalties called on him, and can’t catch. Gordon was the lone star of this game. Get him a real QB and offensive coordinator and we can be competitive on offense. Even McCown would make Gordon and the offense light years better. But it’s better to play a 21 year old rookie QB who isn’t ready and lose all the games instead of trying to win. This is the NFL after all, and Haslam, as an owner, is smarter than all of us regarding football.
Coleman has been pretty horrible so far, is always injured, gets penalties called on him, and can’t catch. Gordon was the lone star of this game. Get him a real QB and offensive coordinator and we can be competitive on offense. Even McCown would make Gordon and the offense light years better. But it’s better to play a 21 year old rookie QB who isn’t ready and lose all the games instead of trying to win. This is the NFL after all, and Haslam, as an owner, is smarter than all of us regarding football.
Shelton was playing well before injury
-
OK, about the defense, it was frustrating but they managed to make some plays mainly in the redzone, when they have been terrible and have surrendered many points in that area the whole year. I get that they try to keep low the ''big play counter'' but we still allow many 10-15 yard plays. Anyway, thinking about it, any defense that keeps the rival under 20 points shouldn't be called off. I mean, Chargers have a good offense and we kept the score close, so for me, the blame goes to....
The offense.
Kizer is terrible mostly in the endzone, we are completely out of ideas and don't execute even the simplest plays properly. And we still don't have many playmakers. Coleman didn't have a catch this game, just when we expected he would shine having a legit WR#1 in Gordon.
Meanwhile, Gordon had 85 yards, in a game where Heyward was all over him, and Njoku had 74.
We didn't run the ball, we didn't get many drives going... If we just ended in FG distance more times we could at least have more options.
Hue doesn't get the most out of this offensive roster.
inHue doesn't get the most out of this offensive roster.
Here's ^^ the starting point..OL is giving QB suffocate time to make plays..so many plays are sniffed out by design..or Kizer re-setting formation. Both Backs, have no blocking schemes in front of them. All solo stuff.After Gordon, our WR group have no solo ability to beat anybody & can't block downfield neither..'On the Bosa sack'... look at Seth Devalve on turn in & go in center of field..easy TD..
-
I blame them for drafting him. There were better alternatives.
I saw his highlight reel and I was impressed, I was not impressed by our so called kicker. All the long kicks I saw him make, nobody was really coming for him, there was in no way that he was under pressure to make the kick so I really was not happy we picked him. But he is what we have, I don't know if we have him next year or not. But I see a lot of players gone at season end, Britt, Higgins, Louis I am sure will all be gone, Gordon will be traded or will just walk, Coleman should be gone to
I saw his highlight reel and I was impressed, I was not impressed by our so called kicker. All the long kicks I saw him make, nobody was really coming for him, there was in no way that he was under pressure to make the kick so I really was not happy we picked him. But he is what we have, I don't know if we have him next year or not. But I see a lot of players gone at season end, Britt, Higgins, Louis I am sure will all be gone, Gordon will be traded or will just walk, Coleman should be gone to
Gordon is a restricted free agent so depends how much the Browns want to retain him.
-
I saw his highlight reel and I was impressed, I was not impressed by our so called kicker. All the long kicks I saw him make, nobody was really coming for him, there was in no way that he was under pressure to make the kick so I really was not happy we picked him. But he is what we have, I don't know if we have him next year or not. But I see a lot of players gone at season end, Britt, Higgins, Louis I am sure will all be gone, Gordon will be traded or will just walk, Coleman should be gone to
Gordon is a restricted free agent so depends how much the Browns want to retain him.
Gordon is a restricted free agent so depends how much the Browns want to retain him.
He will most likely be gone then, I love Josh Gordon but he has yet to regain my trust, Will he fuk up again? How could you not use drugs or drink and play for this circus
-
Gordon is a restricted free agent so depends how much the Browns want to retain him.
He will most likely be gone then, I love Josh Gordon but he has yet to regain my trust, Will he fuk up again? How could you not use drugs or drink and play for this circus
He will most likely be gone then, I love Josh Gordon but he has yet to regain my trust, Will he fuk up again? How could you not use drugs or drink and play for this circus
Could be but you offer the first round tender at minimum
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login