Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Njoku

Njoku

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
21 Posts 13 Posters 575 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 4k Posts
    • 918 Reputation
    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #1

    Is in some good company, shame Hue thought we only had one person worth throwing the ball to for most of today. 

    23556D91-1DF5-4B79-9500-0EC68BC246B0.png

    T 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 5k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      The guy has skills for sure. 

      Karlis Missed
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Nero NeroN Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
        #3

        It's one of those players you think would be game-deciding with a better QB and a better HC 

        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • BaconHound B One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 306 Reputation
          B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
          #4

          He's young and is targeted in the Red Zone on a team with no Red Zone options.  I think there is still hope but let's not crown him the next Tony Gonzalez just yet.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
            • 30k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
            #5

            Sure... still too early for Tony G comparisons....

            And he'll never be Gronk-like...

            And (hopefully) never Hernandez-like...

            ... but c'mon... you can see him developing.

            Bennett-like is surely not out of the question... and more.

            "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
            B 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Tour2maT Tour2ma

              Sure... still too early for Tony G comparisons....

              And he'll never be Gronk-like...

              And (hopefully) never Hernandez-like...

              ... but c'mon... you can see him developing.

              Bennett-like is surely not out of the question... and more.

              BaconHound B One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 5k Posts
              • 306 Reputation
              B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @tour2ma said:

              Sure... still too early for Tony G comparisons....

              And he'll never be Gronk-like...

              And (hopefully) never Hernandez-like...

              ... but c'mon... you can see him developing.

              Bennett-like is surely not out of the question... and more.

              He is developing but he needs to become a football player.  Has a ton of issues blocking and not sure if he's played well in back to back games.  The fact that Seth Devalve is getting as many targets as he does speaks volumes to me.

              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 4k Posts
                • 918 Reputation
                L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
                #7

                He should be targeted down the seam more etc but Hue at this point needs somebody to tie his shoelaces let alone lead a NFL team

                B The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • L LondonBrown

                  He should be targeted down the seam more etc but Hue at this point needs somebody to tie his shoelaces let alone lead a NFL team

                  BaconHound B One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 5k Posts
                  • 306 Reputation
                  B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @londonbrown said:

                  He should be targeted down the seam more etc but Hue at this point needs somebody to tie his shoelaces let alone lead a NFL team

                  The problem is next week the defense may choose to take that away, might be more difficult with Gordon on the field, so how does Njoku adjust.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 8k Posts
                    • 3k Reputation
                    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
                    #9

                    Somewhere on this forum before the season started I said that "Njoku would have most impact this year, and the best career overall of any of our draft picks"........ but I also added, "Just ahead of Peppers" - so there's that. 

                    B 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • D BoneD D Bone

                      Somewhere on this forum before the season started I said that "Njoku would have most impact this year, and the best career overall of any of our draft picks"........ but I also added, "Just ahead of Peppers" - so there's that. 

                      BaconHound B One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 5k Posts
                      • 306 Reputation
                      B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @d-bone said:

                      Somewhere on this forum before the season started I said that "Njoku would have most impact this year, and the best career overall of any of our draft picks"........ but I also added, "Just ahead of Peppers" - so there's that. 

                      Garrett has been solid but I'm not sure if he is mean enough for the NFL

                      D BoneD 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • B BaconHound

                        @d-bone said:

                        Somewhere on this forum before the season started I said that "Njoku would have most impact this year, and the best career overall of any of our draft picks"........ but I also added, "Just ahead of Peppers" - so there's that. 

                        Garrett has been solid but I'm not sure if he is mean enough for the NFL

                        D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 8k Posts
                        • 3k Reputation
                        D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @baconhound said:

                        Garrett has been solid but I'm not sure if he is mean enough for the NFL

                        I wasn't high on him before the draft, and that's kind of an understatement..... I had personally only seen the guy in 1 game and just wasn't blown away. 

                        I guess it was kind of like when someone goes on and on, and tells me how great a movie is,  I am always disappointed...... I heard enough of the 'once in a lifetime physical ability' before the draft to make it damn near impossible for the kid to ever live up to it.

                        Maybe he'll still be the next Bruce Smith, but so far, he's barely the next Rob Burnett. 

                        nickersN C 2 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • L LondonBrown

                          Is in some good company, shame Hue thought we only had one person worth throwing the ball to for most of today. 

                          23556D91-1DF5-4B79-9500-0EC68BC246B0.png

                          Tacosman T
                          • 917 Posts
                          • 108 Reputation
                          T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @londonbrown said:

                          Is in some good company, shame Hue thought we only had one person worth throwing the ball to for most of today. 

                          23556D91-1DF5-4B79-9500-0EC68BC246B0.png

                          Looking at his performance over the year given that he was a first round draft pick(granted at the very end) he certainly looks blah....

                          maybe he will get better.

                          Coleman and peppers are the first round picks Im more pissed at right now though

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • NeroN Nero

                            It's one of those players you think would be game-deciding with a better QB and a better HC 

                            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                            • 57k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @nero said:

                            It's one of those players you think would be game-deciding with a better QB and a better HC 

                            He as least seems to have skills and a future.  Not sure if we can say the same for the likes of   Kizer, Peppers, Coleman....and some others.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • B BaconHound

                              @tour2ma said:

                              Sure... still too early for Tony G comparisons....

                              And he'll never be Gronk-like...

                              And (hopefully) never Hernandez-like...

                              ... but c'mon... you can see him developing.

                              Bennett-like is surely not out of the question... and more.

                              He is developing but he needs to become a football player.  Has a ton of issues blocking and not sure if he's played well in back to back games.  The fact that Seth Devalve is getting as many targets as he does speaks volumes to me.

                              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                              • 57k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @baconhound said:

                              He is developing but he needs to become a football player.  Has a ton of issues blocking and not sure if he's played well in back to back games.  The fact that Seth Devalve is getting as many targets as he does speaks volumes to me.

                              Nothing wrong with having both TEs being targeted.   I don't think that Hue has used his TEs well enough.   Instead of doing a lot of mid range throws he keeps having Kizer heaving the ball constantly down the field.

                              And, to me, that is bad because:  A. at this point Kizer is completely inaccurate on most of those kind of throws...and I don't know if he can get better.  and B.  Because a young, learning QB needs to be more conservative.  He needs a reliable  short to mid range receiver.   Devalve and Njoku can both be that.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • D BoneD D Bone

                                @baconhound said:

                                Garrett has been solid but I'm not sure if he is mean enough for the NFL

                                I wasn't high on him before the draft, and that's kind of an understatement..... I had personally only seen the guy in 1 game and just wasn't blown away. 

                                I guess it was kind of like when someone goes on and on, and tells me how great a movie is,  I am always disappointed...... I heard enough of the 'once in a lifetime physical ability' before the draft to make it damn near impossible for the kid to ever live up to it.

                                Maybe he'll still be the next Bruce Smith, but so far, he's barely the next Rob Burnett. 

                                nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                • 14k Posts
                                • 5k Reputation
                                nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @d-bone said:

                                I wasn't high on him before the draft, and that's kind of an understatement..... I had personally only seen the guy in 1 game and just wasn't blown away. 

                                I guess it was kind of like when someone goes on and on, and tells me how great a movie is,  I am always disappointed...... I heard enough of the 'once in a lifetime physical ability' before the draft to make it damn near impossible for the kid to ever live up to it.

                                Maybe he'll still be the next Bruce Smith, but so far, he's barely the next Rob Burnett. 

                                I was gonna say Anthony Pleasant , looked a lot meaner...

                                Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                D BoneD 1 Reply Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • L LondonBrown

                                  He should be targeted down the seam more etc but Hue at this point needs somebody to tie his shoelaces let alone lead a NFL team

                                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @londonbrown said:

                                  He should be targeted down the seam more etc but Hue at this point needs somebody to tie his shoelaces let alone lead a NFL team

                                  Agree...that is what I just said above. Mid/short range throws...high percentage (hopefully). Kizer is a disaster on several levels...including down field accuracy.  Give him more mid range stuff so that he can gain some confidence.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • nickersN nickers

                                    @d-bone said:

                                    I wasn't high on him before the draft, and that's kind of an understatement..... I had personally only seen the guy in 1 game and just wasn't blown away. 

                                    I guess it was kind of like when someone goes on and on, and tells me how great a movie is,  I am always disappointed...... I heard enough of the 'once in a lifetime physical ability' before the draft to make it damn near impossible for the kid to ever live up to it.

                                    Maybe he'll still be the next Bruce Smith, but so far, he's barely the next Rob Burnett. 

                                    I was gonna say Anthony Pleasant , looked a lot meaner...

                                    D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 8k Posts
                                    • 3k Reputation
                                    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @nickers said:

                                    I was gonna say Anthony Pleasant , looked a lot meaner...

                                    Man, Burnett and Pleasant balled out! 

                                    dawg2fanD 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 5k Posts
                                      • 1k Reputation
                                      jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Just has to keep focusing on blocking and catching with his hands, but very promising to say the least. To be that bright of a spot with the QB play he has is definitely promising.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • D BoneD D Bone

                                        @nickers said:

                                        I was gonna say Anthony Pleasant , looked a lot meaner...

                                        Man, Burnett and Pleasant balled out! 

                                        dawg2fan dawg2fanD
                                        • 713 Posts
                                        • 74 Reputation
                                        dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @d-bone said:

                                        Man, Burnett and Pleasant balled out! 

                                        Even though those guys were rookies in 1990, we didn't have a team with so many rookies.  Back to the TE, just remember that Njoko is a rookie and is starting to come around and so is Kizer.  And don't forget he is a rookie.  I can promise you he will be a much better QB next season.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 15k Posts
                                          • 8k Reputation
                                          Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          I like Njoku and DeValve for the future. One position on the team that I feel is set up for success in the future years.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          👍
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate