Njoku
-
Garrett has been solid but I'm not sure if he is mean enough for the NFL
I wasn't high on him before the draft, and that's kind of an understatement..... I had personally only seen the guy in 1 game and just wasn't blown away.
I guess it was kind of like when someone goes on and on, and tells me how great a movie is, I am always disappointed...... I heard enough of the 'once in a lifetime physical ability' before the draft to make it damn near impossible for the kid to ever live up to it.
Maybe he'll still be the next Bruce Smith, but so far, he's barely the next Rob Burnett.
I wasn't high on him before the draft, and that's kind of an understatement..... I had personally only seen the guy in 1 game and just wasn't blown away.
I guess it was kind of like when someone goes on and on, and tells me how great a movie is, I am always disappointed...... I heard enough of the 'once in a lifetime physical ability' before the draft to make it damn near impossible for the kid to ever live up to it.
Maybe he'll still be the next Bruce Smith, but so far, he's barely the next Rob Burnett.
He's been gimped all season so ill cyt him some slack in his rookie year. On sunday okung was holding him like a long lost relative. On the play he got hurt he was gonna crush rivers but okung grabbed him from behind and draped himself over him. Now garrett had an extra 320lbs on that ankle. He still came back in the game and still put pressure on rivers. The kid has heart. Im holding off on a final analysis of him till we see him at 100%.
The skillset is maybe the best we've had in cleveland since even before the move. If u still have the game taped just go back and watch his snaps. Compare him with either orchard or bassib and u see the different moves he has. His hands are indusputably the best we've had since 99. The only pass rusher we had with approaching his skillset was sheard. I think if we had kept the 4-3 that jauron was building sheard may have been very special. But the switch to that fukking 3-4 killed it. Lost too much weight and gad to reinvent his game.
Thats why im terrified of another coaching change. We have 4-3 players now lets build on it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login