Skip to content

Gronkowski assault

The Browns Board
60 23 3.8k
  • I’m interested to see the explanation by the NFL when they don’t suspend him for this. 

    Let’s see how serious they are about head injuries when it comes to Mr Krafts team  

    @londonbrown said:

    I’m interested to see the explanation by the NFL when they don’t suspend him for this. 

    Let’s see how serious they are about head injuries when it comes to Mr Krafts team  

    i'm interested in why you didn't mention last night's game that had some of the most malicious hits ever caught on camera but are quick to point out a grownkoski hit to the back of a helmet with his elbow doing like 1 mph? it's like me hitting my brother in the shoulder with a feather.

  • @londonbrown said:

    I’m interested to see the explanation by the NFL when they don’t suspend him for this. 

    Let’s see how serious they are about head injuries when it comes to Mr Krafts team  

    i'm interested in why you didn't mention last night's game that had some of the most malicious hits ever caught on camera but are quick to point out a grownkoski hit to the back of a helmet with his elbow doing like 1 mph? it's like me hitting my brother in the shoulder with a feather.

    Appeal will be dealy with this week... and dismissed.

    Gronk will sit out Sunday's game and play vs. PTG... whose D was just further decimated by injury.

    I think the O/U for the game is now in the 60's...

    @miktoxic said:

    it's like me hitting my brother in the shoulder with a feather.

    Your brother concusses that easily?

  • One game shows the NFL pays only lip service to player safety.   Two games to Crabtree and that was a straight up fight between two guys without the possibility of a spine injury.  

    What Gronk did, dropping the people's elbow on the back of Whites head, could have Shmucking killed him.  You should be getting 4 games and a huge fine with that. 

    edit:  And the Shmucking nerve to appeal is just insane. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    One game shows the NFL pays only lip service to player safety.   Two games to Crabtree and that was a straight up fight between two guys without the possibility of a spine injury.  

    What Gronk did, dropping the people's elbow on the back of Whites head, could have Shmucking killed him.  You should be getting 4 games and a huge fine with that. 

    edit:  And the Shmucking nerve to appeal is just insane. 

    I believe the Crabtree/ Talib suspensions were reduced to just one game.

    Also...did Gronk appeal?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    One game shows the NFL pays only lip service to player safety.   Two games to Crabtree and that was a straight up fight between two guys without the possibility of a spine injury.  

    What Gronk did, dropping the people's elbow on the back of Whites head, could have Shmucking killed him.  You should be getting 4 games and a huge fine with that. 

    edit:  And the Shmucking nerve to appeal is just insane. 

    I believe the Crabtree/ Talib suspensions were reduced to just one game.

    Also...did Gronk appeal?

    @the-gipper said:

    I believe the Crabtree/ Talib suspensions were reduced to just one game.

    Also...did Gronk appeal?

    Yes.

    Yes. Appeal was heard today.

    Also today NFL handed down one-game suspensions to JuJu for his hithit on Burfect and Iloka for his helmet shot on Brown.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I believe the Crabtree/ Talib suspensions were reduced to just one game.

    Also...did Gronk appeal?

    Yes.

    Yes. Appeal was heard today.

    Also today NFL handed down one-game suspensions to JuJu for his hithit on Burfect and Iloka for his helmet shot on Brown.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yes.

    Yes. Appeal was heard today.

    Also today NFL handed down one-game suspensions to JuJu for his hithit on Burfect and Iloka for his helmet shot on Brown.

    The fact that you had to type a guys name that says JuJu......is just...what?  I can't think of a proper word for it.  Absurd, sad, hilarious, pathetic, outstanding...what?

  • Accurate?

  • Accurate?

  • Got a game, I thought it could be 2, but suspension fit the issue.

  • Got a game, I thought it could be 2, but suspension fit the issue.

    @baconhound said:

    Got a game, I thought it could be 2, but suspension fit the issue.

    Had the Pats game been on MNF and the CIN/PTG tilt been Sunday, then I think Gronk would have gotten 2.

  • @londonbrown said:

    I’m interested to see the explanation by the NFL when they don’t suspend him for this. 

    Let’s see how serious they are about head injuries when it comes to Mr Krafts team  

    I just saw the pussy sucker punch this morning and totally agree.... we're about to find out just how much the NFL cares about its players' safety. 

    @d-bone said:

    I just saw the pussy sucker punch this morning and totally agree.... we're about to find out just how much the NFL cares about its players' safety. 

    obviously you've never been sucker punched. what are you all made of twine?

    sucker punch is when you wake up next to juke box with your teeth on the floor and blood dripping into eye.

    dude ate some dirt. big Shmuckin deal. you and i eat more dirt going to mcdonalds.

    everyone hates the Pats, 'and yet i smile.'

    2nd best fight speech behing mel in braveheart.

  • @d-bone said:

    I just saw the pussy sucker punch this morning and totally agree.... we're about to find out just how much the NFL cares about its players' safety. 

    obviously you've never been sucker punched. what are you all made of twine?

    sucker punch is when you wake up next to juke box with your teeth on the floor and blood dripping into eye.

    dude ate some dirt. big Shmuckin deal. you and i eat more dirt going to mcdonalds.

    everyone hates the Pats, 'and yet i smile.'

    2nd best fight speech behing mel in braveheart.

    @miktoxic said:

    obviously you've never been sucker punched. what are you all made of twine?

    sucker punch is when you wake up next to juke box with your teeth on the floor and blood dripping into eye.

    dude ate some dirt. big Shmuckin deal. you and i eat more dirt going to mcdonalds.

    everyone hates the Pats, 'and yet i smile.'

    2nd best fight speech behing mel in braveheart.

    First thought watching that clip: Hey, that’s Rob Zombie 

    second thought: hey, that’s not Rob Zombie 

  • HA!! true. wife prob not hooker tho.

    check your PM later. need your designer opinion on something.

  • One game suspension? Are you out of your mind? This was not a dirty hit, this was criminal assault. If I was the Bills player I would get a good lawyer, file a police report and end the guy's career.

    You guys are talking about head injury? Jesus, Joseph and Mary, are you fukcing people that dulled by talking heads, football speak, analytics and X's and O's that you can't ascertain WTF you are looking at?

    This is no different that thugs playing the knockout game. Sorry, but that is more that an azzhole penalty, that is criminal assault disguised as football.

    He should be banished from football, sued, and charged with felonious assault.

    @ghoolie said:

    One game suspension? Are you out of your mind? This was not a dirty hit, this was criminal assault. If I was the Bills player I would get a good lawyer, file a police report and end the guy's career.

    You guys are talking about head injury? Jesus, Joseph and Mary, are you fukcing people that dulled by talking heads, football speak, analytics and X's and O's that you can't ascertain WTF you are looking at?

    This is no different that thugs playing the knockout game. Sorry, but that is more that an azzhole penalty, that is criminal assault disguised as football.

    He should be banished from football, sued, and charged with felonious assault.

    @tiamat63 said:

    One game shows the NFL pays only lip service to player safety.   Two games to Crabtree and that was a straight up fight between two guys without the possibility of a spine injury.  

    What Gronk did, dropping the people's elbow on the back of Whites head, could have Shmucking killed him.  You should be getting 4 games and a huge fine with that. 

    edit:  And the Shmucking nerve to appeal is just insane. 

    I just watched the video for the first time. After having read these comments, I expected a lot worse. It looked like a glancing blow. 

  • @d-bone said:

    I just saw the pussy sucker punch this morning and totally agree.... we're about to find out just how much the NFL cares about its players' safety. 

    obviously you've never been sucker punched. what are you all made of twine?

    sucker punch is when you wake up next to juke box with your teeth on the floor and blood dripping into eye.

    dude ate some dirt. big Shmuckin deal. you and i eat more dirt going to mcdonalds.

    everyone hates the Pats, 'and yet i smile.'

    2nd best fight speech behing mel in braveheart.

    @miktoxic said:

    obviously you've never been sucker punched ........... sucker punch is when you wake up next to juke box with your teeth on the floor and blood dripping into eye.

    Man, that doesn't sound the least bit fun...... guess I'm not going out with you any time soon! 

  • @miktoxic said:

    obviously you've never been sucker punched ........... sucker punch is when you wake up next to juke box with your teeth on the floor and blood dripping into eye.

    Man, that doesn't sound the least bit fun...... guess I'm not going out with you any time soon! 

    @d-bone said:

    Man, that doesn't sound the least bit fun...... guess I'm not going out with you any time soon! 

    no, not me....but i've seen it happen.

    had a lady bartender friend who's boyfriend was the biker dude with tattoos on the neck etc. thought he hated my guts. some rich guy who we all knew that drove his old porsche conv and had fleetwood motorboat came in and got a little handsy one night and pushed me into the pool table there (i think by mistake....not a bad man) but when he turned around laughing to go get his beer the bartender's BF just turned around and busted his face wide open.

    i've been around the world and seen many a bar fight assault with fists and weapons. i've tried to be a nice guy all my life and never have started or laid hands on people that i didn't have to defend myself family or friends from. that MNF game was shite compared to the broken bottles and tankers vs. navy vs. union vs dickbags. i have a 3" scar on my forehead from a friend who liked to beat up his GF when drunk in public.......yeah, he's dead now.

  • @d-bone said:

    Man, that doesn't sound the least bit fun...... guess I'm not going out with you any time soon! 

    no, not me....but i've seen it happen.

    had a lady bartender friend who's boyfriend was the biker dude with tattoos on the neck etc. thought he hated my guts. some rich guy who we all knew that drove his old porsche conv and had fleetwood motorboat came in and got a little handsy one night and pushed me into the pool table there (i think by mistake....not a bad man) but when he turned around laughing to go get his beer the bartender's BF just turned around and busted his face wide open.

    i've been around the world and seen many a bar fight assault with fists and weapons. i've tried to be a nice guy all my life and never have started or laid hands on people that i didn't have to defend myself family or friends from. that MNF game was shite compared to the broken bottles and tankers vs. navy vs. union vs dickbags. i have a 3" scar on my forehead from a friend who liked to beat up his GF when drunk in public.......yeah, he's dead now.

    @miktoxic said:

    no, not me....but i've seen it happen.

    had a lady bartender friend who's boyfriend was the biker dude with tattoos on the neck etc. thought he hated my guts. some rich guy who we all knew that drove his old porsche conv and had fleetwood motorboat came in and got a little handsy one night and pushed me into the pool table there (i think by mistake....not a bad man) but when he turned around laughing to go get his beer the bartender's BF just turned around and busted his face wide open.

    i've been around the world and seen many a bar fight assault with fists and weapons. i've tried to be a nice guy all my life and never have started or laid hands on people that i didn't have to defend myself family or friends from. that MNF game was shite compared to the broken bottles and tankers vs. navy vs. union vs dickbags. i have a 3" scar on my forehead from a friend who liked to beat up his GF when drunk in public.......yeah, he's dead now.

    I've never been a bar dude or much of a drinker, so I guess I've lead a fairly safe 50yrs then..... I'll just stick to launching my 450cc moto-x bike over 80' road gap jumps at the age of 50..... where I'm safe and sound from the rest of the world. 

  • @miktoxic said:

    no, not me....but i've seen it happen.

    had a lady bartender friend who's boyfriend was the biker dude with tattoos on the neck etc. thought he hated my guts. some rich guy who we all knew that drove his old porsche conv and had fleetwood motorboat came in and got a little handsy one night and pushed me into the pool table there (i think by mistake....not a bad man) but when he turned around laughing to go get his beer the bartender's BF just turned around and busted his face wide open.

    i've been around the world and seen many a bar fight assault with fists and weapons. i've tried to be a nice guy all my life and never have started or laid hands on people that i didn't have to defend myself family or friends from. that MNF game was shite compared to the broken bottles and tankers vs. navy vs. union vs dickbags. i have a 3" scar on my forehead from a friend who liked to beat up his GF when drunk in public.......yeah, he's dead now.

    I've never been a bar dude or much of a drinker, so I guess I've lead a fairly safe 50yrs then..... I'll just stick to launching my 450cc moto-x bike over 80' road gap jumps at the age of 50..... where I'm safe and sound from the rest of the world. 

    @d-bone said:

    I've never been a bar dude or much of a drinker, so I guess I've lead a fairly safe 50yrs then..... I'll just stick to launching my 450cc moto-x bike over 80' road gap jumps at the age of 50..... where I'm safe and sound from the rest of the world. 

    was stationed in aurora colorado at lowry AFB for army/air force college and had my dad send me out my old yamaha 750 enduro just to get around on.

    went to a crater sized pit one day and saw these cats doing tricks off the top rim like they were on skateboards.....i was like nah.......rather be in a bar fight...lol.

  • @ghoolie said:

    One game suspension? Are you out of your mind? This was not a dirty hit, this was criminal assault. If I was the Bills player I would get a good lawyer, file a police report and end the guy's career.

    You guys are talking about head injury? Jesus, Joseph and Mary, are you fukcing people that dulled by talking heads, football speak, analytics and X's and O's that you can't ascertain WTF you are looking at?

    This is no different that thugs playing the knockout game. Sorry, but that is more that an azzhole penalty, that is criminal assault disguised as football.

    He should be banished from football, sued, and charged with felonious assault.

    @tiamat63 said:

    One game shows the NFL pays only lip service to player safety.   Two games to Crabtree and that was a straight up fight between two guys without the possibility of a spine injury.  

    What Gronk did, dropping the people's elbow on the back of Whites head, could have Shmucking killed him.  You should be getting 4 games and a huge fine with that. 

    edit:  And the Shmucking nerve to appeal is just insane. 

    I just watched the video for the first time. After having read these comments, I expected a lot worse. It looked like a glancing blow. 

    @wargograw said:

    I just watched the video for the first time. After having read these comments, I expected a lot worse. It looked like a glancing blow. 

    Paul, you're missing the point. Gronk's hit was pre-meditated as the play was OVER. Never mind that it may have been a "glancing blow". It was a PLANNED hit, not a continuation of a play. Truly an unquestionable cheap shot.

    Mike

  • @wargograw said:

    I just watched the video for the first time. After having read these comments, I expected a lot worse. It looked like a glancing blow. 

    Paul, you're missing the point. Gronk's hit was pre-meditated as the play was OVER. Never mind that it may have been a "glancing blow". It was a PLANNED hit, not a continuation of a play. Truly an unquestionable cheap shot.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Paul, you're missing the point. Gronk's hit was pre-meditated as the play was OVER. Never mind that it may have been a "glancing blow". It was a PLANNED hit, not a continuation of a play. Truly an unquestionable cheap shot.

    Mike

    Ok I get that then. But I thought the guy had intercepted the ball and thus had to be touched?