Skip to content

Kiper, McShay answer 25 questions on the 2018 NFL draft

The Browns Board
52 11 2.5k
  • @the-gipper said:

    It explains why I am not jumping on board anyone's bandwagon.  That, and the fact that I am not seeing anyone distinguish themselves much out there. 

    And I see that yet again...you  apostasize on our bet.  Are you still washing your wish. 

    Or...should we add Dally to your Dilly.

    Fine... here's my counter to your definition of "our bet".

    • $100 bet.
    • I say Sashi stays in his current role atop the existing consensus process.
    • You say he goes or the consensus process is overridden.

    We'll leave the "demoted" on the sideline, since we'd only end up arguing about the impact of any ancillary personnel change(s).

    As for the QBs... First, you have to look to see... and I don't mean read a list. Rudolph was your guy. He was going to "likely go #1 overall less than a week ago... according to you (and CBS Sports). Now you can't even find him as a Day 1 pick. So you've retreated.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    Fine... here's my counter to your definition of "our bet".

    • $100 bet.
    • I say Sashi stays in his current role atop the existing consensus process.
    • You say he goes or the consensus process is overridden.

    We'll leave the "demoted" on the sideline, since we'd only end up arguing about the impact of any ancillary personnel change(s).

    As for the QBs... First, you have to look to see... and I don't mean read a list. Rudolph was your guy. He was going to "likely go #1 overall less than a week ago... according to you (and CBS Sports). Now you can't even find him as a Day 1 pick. So you've retreated.

    I haven't retreated.  As far as I am concerned....Rudolph is still in play.  I also said I was not joining or starting any Camp after what happened last year.

    (but I WAS justified last year....MT was taken #2)

    And I already said that I am letting you off the hook for anything but the HFS. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Can't believe you did not accept the bet given the turn of events.

  • Can't believe you did not accept the bet given the turn of events.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tour2ma said:

    Can't believe you did not accept the bet given the turn of events.

    I didn't see your post until after I heard about the firing.   So it would have been an ex post facto acceptance. So, you are off the hook as I said...except for the HSF. 

    Don't you think that's fair? 😉

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Not accepting the bet once the news is out is honorable... is right.

    Claiming a wager that was never agreed to is neither.

  • Not accepting the bet once the news is out is honorable... is right.

    Claiming a wager that was never agreed to is neither.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @tour2ma said:

    Not accepting the bet once the news is out is honorable... is right.

    Claiming a wager that was never agreed to is neither.

    And yet another bullet has been dodged.

    You snooze, you, uh,........

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not accepting the bet once the news is out is honorable... is right.

    Claiming a wager that was never agreed to is neither.

    And yet another bullet has been dodged.

    You snooze, you, uh,........

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @westside-steve said:

    And yet another bullet has been dodged.

    You snooze, you, uh,........

    WSS

    WE have already decided that YOU will be the one to pay me the Hot Fudge Sundae.  You are his surrogate.  I will then let you worrying about collecting from him.

    But, you know....since you made some of the best ribs I ever had last week......you are off the hook as well.  Got any leftovers?

  • @westside-steve said:

    And yet another bullet has been dodged.

    You snooze, you, uh,........

    WSS

    WE have already decided that YOU will be the one to pay me the Hot Fudge Sundae.  You are his surrogate.  I will then let you worrying about collecting from him.

    But, you know....since you made some of the best ribs I ever had last week......you are off the hook as well.  Got any leftovers?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #32

    @the-gipper said:

    WE have already decided that YOU will be the one to pay me the Hot Fudge Sundae.  You are his surrogate.  I will then let you worrying about collecting from him.

    But, you know....since you made some of the best ribs I ever had last week......you are off the hook as well.  Got any leftovers?

    I'm starting to think Gip posts around here just so he doesn't go shopping... 

  • @the-gipper said:

    WE have already decided that YOU will be the one to pay me the Hot Fudge Sundae.  You are his surrogate.  I will then let you worrying about collecting from him.

    But, you know....since you made some of the best ribs I ever had last week......you are off the hook as well.  Got any leftovers?

    I'm starting to think Gip posts around here just so he doesn't go shopping... 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @nero said:

    I'm starting to think Gip posts around here just so he doesn't go shopping... 

    No man.  Its just that Steve made some great ribs.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #34

    When it comes to the cbs mocks, they’ve had the browns taking a different QB every week. They just huck shiit against a wall for clicks this early in the process.

  • When it comes to the cbs mocks, they’ve had the browns taking a different QB every week. They just huck shiit against a wall for clicks this early in the process.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @roycerolls said:

    When it comes to the cbs mocks, they’ve had the browns taking a different QB every week. They just huck shiit against a wall for clicks this early in the process.

    Indeed. They have to keep the expectations alive, but there's a long way till April, and when NFL Network starts doing the mocks at that time is when you can start taking it seriously. 

    I'm all about watching tape of the prospects and discussing it, but mock drafts? I only use them to see what players I should watch next. 

  • When it comes to the cbs mocks, they’ve had the browns taking a different QB every week. They just huck shiit against a wall for clicks this early in the process.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @roycerolls said:

    When it comes to the cbs mocks, they’ve had the browns taking a different QB every week. They just huck shiit against a wall for clicks this early in the process.

    Have any of the others besides CBS been any different? 

  • @roycerolls said:

    When it comes to the cbs mocks, they’ve had the browns taking a different QB every week. They just huck shiit against a wall for clicks this early in the process.

    Have any of the others besides CBS been any different? 

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @the-gipper said:

    Have any of the others besides CBS been any different? 

    Im sure they’re all following the same blue print, but anytime someone brings up a mock either here or on reddit it’s cbs with a different flavor of the week QB.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Have any of the others besides CBS been any different? 

    Im sure they’re all following the same blue print, but anytime someone brings up a mock either here or on reddit it’s cbs with a different flavor of the week QB.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @roycerolls said:

    Im sure they’re all following the same blue print, but anytime someone brings up a mock either here or on reddit it’s cbs with a different flavor of the week QB.

    I have seen Walter Football, and Kiper and McShay...and several others.

    I have taken the position that it is really too early to get too excited about it.   Some of them have had Rudolph up there, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc. etc. etc. 

    It would not surprise me if the Browns left us all hanging until that day next April. So we have almost a half a freeking year to ponder it. And I don't think I want to waste my energy on all that.   Maybe after the combine.

  • @roycerolls said:

    Im sure they’re all following the same blue print, but anytime someone brings up a mock either here or on reddit it’s cbs with a different flavor of the week QB.

    I have seen Walter Football, and Kiper and McShay...and several others.

    I have taken the position that it is really too early to get too excited about it.   Some of them have had Rudolph up there, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc. etc. etc. 

    It would not surprise me if the Browns left us all hanging until that day next April. So we have almost a half a freeking year to ponder it. And I don't think I want to waste my energy on all that.   Maybe after the combine.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @the-gipper said:

    I have seen Walter Football, and Kiper and McShay...and several others.

    I have taken the position that it is really too early to get too excited about it.   Some of them have had Rudolph up there, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc. etc. etc. 

    It would not surprise me if the Browns left us all hanging until that day next April. So we have almost a half a freeking year to ponder it. And I don't think I want to waste my energy on all that.   Maybe after the combine.

    I’m in the same boat, we’ve all been through that ringer and will undoubtedly be burnt out on the draft speculation by February.  

  • @roycerolls said:

    Im sure they’re all following the same blue print, but anytime someone brings up a mock either here or on reddit it’s cbs with a different flavor of the week QB.

    I have seen Walter Football, and Kiper and McShay...and several others.

    I have taken the position that it is really too early to get too excited about it.   Some of them have had Rudolph up there, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc. etc. etc. 

    It would not surprise me if the Browns left us all hanging until that day next April. So we have almost a half a freeking year to ponder it. And I don't think I want to waste my energy on all that.   Maybe after the combine.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @the-gipper said:

    I have seen Walter Football, and Kiper and McShay...and several others.

    I have taken the position that it is really too early to get too excited about it.   Some of them have had Rudolph up there, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc. etc. etc. 

    It would not surprise me if the Browns left us all hanging until that day next April. So we have almost a half a freeking year to ponder it. And I don't think I want to waste my energy on all that.   Maybe after the combine.

    I really love the NFL Draft, it's the closest to what Christmas Day used to feel like when I was a kid.

    The problem is the NFL team I root for has me thinking about the Draft waaaaaay before I should, so the entire draft process takes forever for me (us). That and the NFL keeps pushing the Draft later and later. I fully believe if the Draft was a month sooner, less idiotic moves would be made. Its like teams have too much time to over analyze the players to death.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I have seen Walter Football, and Kiper and McShay...and several others.

    I have taken the position that it is really too early to get too excited about it.   Some of them have had Rudolph up there, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc. etc. etc. 

    It would not surprise me if the Browns left us all hanging until that day next April. So we have almost a half a freeking year to ponder it. And I don't think I want to waste my energy on all that.   Maybe after the combine.

    I really love the NFL Draft, it's the closest to what Christmas Day used to feel like when I was a kid.

    The problem is the NFL team I root for has me thinking about the Draft waaaaaay before I should, so the entire draft process takes forever for me (us). That and the NFL keeps pushing the Draft later and later. I fully believe if the Draft was a month sooner, less idiotic moves would be made. Its like teams have too much time to over analyze the players to death.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really love the NFL Draft, it's the closest to what Christmas Day used to feel like when I was a kid.

    The problem is the NFL team I root for has me thinking about the Draft waaaaaay before I should, so the entire draft process takes forever for me (us). That and the NFL keeps pushing the Draft later and later. I fully believe if the Draft was a month sooner, less idiotic moves would be made. Its like teams have too much time to over analyze the players to death.

    Mr. Scott: the more you overthink the plumbing the easier it is to step up the pipes.

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Rudolph "up there"... lol.

  • Rudolph "up there"... lol.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tour2ma said:

    Rudolph "up there"... lol.

    What is it about him being rated the #1 overall prospect in the entire draft that you do not understand. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    And yet another bullet has been dodged.

    You snooze, you, uh,........

    WSS

    WE have already decided that YOU will be the one to pay me the Hot Fudge Sundae.  You are his surrogate.  I will then let you worrying about collecting from him.

    But, you know....since you made some of the best ribs I ever had last week......you are off the hook as well.  Got any leftovers?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @the-gipper said:

    WE have already decided that YOU will be the one to pay me the Hot Fudge Sundae.  You are his surrogate.  I will then let you worrying about collecting from him.

    But, you know....since you made some of the best ribs I ever had last week......you are off the hook as well.  Got any leftovers?

    I did but...

    But no reason for me to be tours second. I never liked Sashi Brown and don't think I ever defended him. I think wargo is your man.

    By the way we have what, three more games after this one? I will hit up Sam's Club and do the barbecue again.

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    Rudolph "up there"... lol.

    What is it about him being rated the #1 overall prospect in the entire draft that you do not understand. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @the-gipper said:

    What is it about him being rated the #1 overall prospect in the entire draft that you do not understand.

    Well... for starters there's:

    • the merits...
    • your obstinance...

    I'll get back to you when I can think of more.