Skip to content

2017-2018 NCAA FOOTBALL BOWL GAME SCHEDULE

College Football Forum
19 5 2.3k
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    2017 Bowl Schedule  -  up to Christmas Day

    Saturday, Dec. 16

    New Orleans Bowl (1 p.m., ESPN): Troy vs. North Texas

    Cure Bowl (2:30 p.m., CBSSN): Western Kentucky vs. Georgia State

    Las Vegas Bowl (3:30 p.m., ABC): Boise State vs. Oregon

    New Mexico Bowl (4:30 p.m., ESPN): Marshall vs. Colorado State

    Camellia Bowl (8 p.m., ESPN): Arkansas State vs. Middle Tennessee

           Tuesday, Dec. 19

    Boca Raton Bowl (7 p.m., ESPN): Akron vs. FAU

                Wednesday, Dec. 20

    Frisco Bowl (8 p.m., ESPN): SMU vs. Louisiana Tech

                 Thursday, Dec. 21

    Gasparilla Bowl (8 p.m., ESPN): Temple vs. FIU

     Friday, Dec. 22

    Bahamas Bowl (12:30 p.m., ESPN): UAB vs. Ohio

    Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (4 p.m., ESPN): Central Michigan vs. Wyoming

    Saturday, Dec. 23

    Birmingham Bowl (12 p.m., ESPN): USF vs. Texas Tech

    Armed Forces Bowl (3:30 p.m., ESPN): San Diego State vs. Army

    Dollar General Bowl (7 p.m., ESPN): Appalachian State vs. Toledo

                Sunday, Dec. 24

    Hawaii Bowl (8:30 p.m., ESPN): Fresno State vs. Houston

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Tuesday, Dec. 26

    Heart of Dallas Bowl (1:30 p.m., ESPN): Utah vs. West Virginia

    Quick Lane Bowl (5:15 p.m., ESPN): Duke vs. NIU

    Cactus Bowl (9 p.m., ESPN): Kansas State vs. UCLA

                 Wednesday, Dec. 27

    Independence Bowl (1:30 p.m., ESPN): Florida State vs. Southern Miss

    New Era Pinstripe Bowl (5:15 p.m., ESPN): Boston College vs. Iowa

    Foster Farms Bowl (8:30 p.m., Fox): Arizona vs. Purdue

    Texas Bowl (9 p.m., ESPN): Texas vs. Missouri

               Thursday, Dec. 28

    Military Bowl (1:30 p.m., ESPN): Virginia vs. Navy

    Camping World Bowl (5:15 p.m., ESPN): Oklahoma State vs. Virginia Tech

    Alamo Bowl (9 p.m., ESPN): Stanford vs. TCU

    Holiday Bowl (9 p.m., FS1): Michigan State vs. Washington State

              Friday, Dec. 29

    Belk Bowl (1 p.m., ESPN): Texas A&M vs. Wake Forest

    Sun Bowl (3 p.m., CBS): Arizona State vs. NC State

    Music City Bowl (4:30 p.m., ESPN): Kentucky vs. Northwestern

    Arizona Bowl (5:30 p.m., CBSSN): New Mexico State vs. Utah State

    Cotton Bowl Classic (8:30 p.m., ESPN): Ohio State vs. USC

             Saturday, Dec. 30

    TaxSlayer Bowl (12 p.m., ESPN): Mississippi State vs. Louisville

    Liberty Bowl (12:30 p.m., ABC): Iowa State vs. Memphis

    Fiesta Bowl (4 p.m., ESPN): Penn State vs. Washington

    Orange Bowl (8 p.m., ESPN): Wisconsin vs. Miami

                   Monday, Jan. 1

    Outback Bowl (12 p.m., ESPN2): Michigan vs. South Carolina

    Peach Bowl (12:30 p.m., ESPN): Auburn vs. UCF

    Citrus Bowl (1 p.m., ABC): Notre Dame vs. LSU          

    Rose Bowl (5 p.m., ESPN): Oklahoma vs. Georgia

    Sugar Bowl (8:45 p.m., ESPN): Clemson vs. Alabama

                Monday, Jan. 8

    College Football Playoff National Championship (8 p.m., ESPN)

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #3

    Schedule from Bleacher Report.

    NOTE: I always make an effort to check and clean up everything I post but I'm on a brand new SAMSUNG 9.7" tablet for my wife (but I might keep it) And it is faster and really quirky to use compared to my 2014 SAMSUNG 10.1" tablet. Some great new features naturally and some new strange quirky ones, especially copy & paste and the keyboard!  But that's why and how they sell new stuff!

    Time to look at the B1G schedule. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #4

    I have never seen a NCAA game.

    I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

    Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

    I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

  • I have never seen a NCAA game.

    I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

    Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

    I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @nero said:

    I have never seen a NCAA game.

    I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

    Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

    I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

    Watch the Citrus. Rose if you can. Alamo should be alright. That's about all I see.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Oregon Boise have some history

    USF TTech could be high scoring

    Arizona Purdue could be fun

    OSU USC for sure

    Miss St Louisville just to see Lamar

    Scar Michigan probably won't be very exciting

  • I have never seen a NCAA game.

    I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

    Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

    I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @nero said:

    I have never seen a NCAA game.

    I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

    Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

    I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

    There are 40 bowl games this year at about 3 1/2 hours each that's about 140 hours of sleep deprived football watching nobody.....in their right mind....can do that so there are lists out there by different sports authorities who rate or rank these things, ESPN has a good one9 ranking all 40 games but in particular the top 10 naturally.

    Now I'm a sports nut and particularly college football (I now prefer it to the professional grossly overpaid and overpriced variety) And agree with most lists which have the USC/OSU game in their top 5 picks, check out ESPN's list:

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21667155/a-viewer-guide-most-entertaining-bowl-games

    Here's Sports Illustrated a bit strange but USC/OSU as #1, a lot of BIG TEN teams up there, but B1G fans do travel!

    https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/06/bowl-games-rankings-tv-schedule-viewing-guide

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Sports illustrated #1 bowl game to watch and why:

    1. COTTON BOWL: USC VS. OHIO STATE

    Who will respond better to the committee’s controversial playoff snub? The Buckeyes would like nothing more than to finish ahead of Alabama in the final rankings, while USC just wrapped a whisper-quiet 11-win season without hardly any of the fanfare that normally hijacks Trojans runs. Sam Darnold and J.T. Barrett are set up to wage an imperfect yet enthralling quarterback duel, and both teams are loaded at the skill positions. Clear your Friday night now for Dec. 29—given the deep lineup over the next three weeks, rescheduling any plans last-minute won’t be easy.

  • I have never seen a NCAA game.

    I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

    Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

    I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @nero said:

    I have never seen a NCAA game.

    I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

    Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

    I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

    Lots of games start at like Noon  Eastern Time.  Which would be like 6 PM your time. You could watch those.

  • @nero said:

    I have never seen a NCAA game.

    I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

    Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

    I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

    Lots of games start at like Noon  Eastern Time.  Which would be like 6 PM your time. You could watch those.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    Lots of games start at like Noon  Eastern Time.  Which would be like 6 PM your time. You could watch those.

    1pm ET is 7 pm for me, but that's what I asked for advice, as I don't know which games are more enjoyable. I only could tell a few. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Lots of games start at like Noon  Eastern Time.  Which would be like 6 PM your time. You could watch those.

    1pm ET is 7 pm for me, but that's what I asked for advice, as I don't know which games are more enjoyable. I only could tell a few. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @nero said:

    1pm ET is 7 pm for me, but that's what I asked for advice, as I don't know which games are more enjoyable. I only could tell a few. 

    A couple of decent games that may play at that time are the Liberty Bowl:  Memphis vs. Iowa St.  and the Outback Bowl  Michigan vs. South Carolina (despite what Woody says)

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I'm with Woody. Michigan probably runs away with it. 

  • I'm with Woody. Michigan probably runs away with it. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @wargograw said:

    I'm with Woody. Michigan probably runs away with it. 

    I think he said it won't be very exciting.....I am not sure that is the same as saying M will run away with it.

    He might have simply meant that it could be a "boring defensive battle"  (though I often think those can be exciting).  Perhaps he could clarify.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I enjoy defensive games. But I think this may be more of Great D + Average to Below Average O vs Good D and Bad O. The not great offenses will help the defences out, opposed to it being a great defensive game. If that makes sense. 

    We should win easily enough, 21-10. Something like that.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    It could be worse....every team that goes even 6-6 gets into a bowl game.

  • It could be worse....every team that goes even 6-6 gets into a bowl game.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    It could be worse....every team that goes even 6-6 gets into a bowl game.

    Yes for the first week or so it's the reward games to fill out the 40 game tournament.......well make that the antiquated ol' boys mainly empty parade, banquet and football game between barely. 500 teams......who'd want to see a couple of top 8 or 16 teams duke it out before Christmas? It would only be for a few games 😉 Hopefully that may change soon.

    Now the about December 29 on games have some classic matchups this year.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Gipper I love your avatar makes you look so much younger! 😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    It could be worse....every team that goes even 6-6 gets into a bowl game.

    Yes for the first week or so it's the reward games to fill out the 40 game tournament.......well make that the antiquated ol' boys mainly empty parade, banquet and football game between barely. 500 teams......who'd want to see a couple of top 8 or 16 teams duke it out before Christmas? It would only be for a few games 😉 Hopefully that may change soon.

    Now the about December 29 on games have some classic matchups this year.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Gipper I love your avatar makes you look so much younger! 😆

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes for the first week or so it's the reward games to fill out the 40 game tournament.......well make that the antiquated ol' boys mainly empty parade, banquet and football game between barely. 500 teams......who'd want to see a couple of top 8 or 16 teams duke it out before Christmas? It would only be for a few games 😉 Hopefully that may change soon.

    Now the about December 29 on games have some classic matchups this year.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Gipper I love your avatar makes you look so much younger! 😆

    Well....it just points out how much more meaningless the non CFP Bowls are.   No on cared about them.  There are non on today worth watching.....and now I am seeing where a number of guys who are considered maybe 3rd-4th rounders...or less, are skipping their bowl games to "prepare for the NFL".

    The ONLY thing the bowl system may be worth is to make a little money for the schools....and I can envision that drying up....as who is really watching?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes for the first week or so it's the reward games to fill out the 40 game tournament.......well make that the antiquated ol' boys mainly empty parade, banquet and football game between barely. 500 teams......who'd want to see a couple of top 8 or 16 teams duke it out before Christmas? It would only be for a few games 😉 Hopefully that may change soon.

    Now the about December 29 on games have some classic matchups this year.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And Gipper I love your avatar makes you look so much younger! 😆

    Well....it just points out how much more meaningless the non CFP Bowls are.   No on cared about them.  There are non on today worth watching.....and now I am seeing where a number of guys who are considered maybe 3rd-4th rounders...or less, are skipping their bowl games to "prepare for the NFL".

    The ONLY thing the bowl system may be worth is to make a little money for the schools....and I can envision that drying up....as who is really watching?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....it just points out how much more meaningless the non CFP Bowls are.   No on cared about them.  There are non on today worth watching.....and now I am seeing where a number of guys who are considered maybe 3rd-4th rounders...or less, are skipping their bowl games to "prepare for the NFL".

    The ONLY thing the bowl system may be worth is to make a little money for the schools....and I can envision that drying up....as who is really watching?

    Wow skipping playing for State U to boost your draft stock and avoid injury that kind of blows the integrity of college sports to hell and back.

    Even those old million dollar health insurance policies, now multimillion are not enticement enough for the big stars.......oh and who picks up the premiums for those??? Geeezzzus go ahead with stipends and playoffs and get it over with.

    Football and basketball. 

    .......oh and BTW The March Madness Tournament is wildly successful and popular, I remember when the main networks didn't even televise the early rounds, only ESPN even bothered, but it was their business. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Just a flashback to last year's bowl season....guess who won?