Let's go NY shopping
-
As all of you know by now, the NY Giants have fired their coach and GM. They have also been in the news lately for benching their 13 year franchise quaterback and 2 Superbowl winner Eli Manning.
In addition, they have a top defense with some stellar free agents that are going to become a salary cap problem in the next years. I would forego this year's defensive stats as their offense has been horrible and has kept the team down.
All of that makes me think that it's going to be a team interested in trades and who is going to let loose some veteran players in order to begin a much needed rebuild.
Therefore, I propose the following exercise: who would you like to get for the Browns?
I would like to generate two kind of answers: first of all, one closer to a wish list, forgetting the contract situation/real expectations and just thinking who would fill a main hole in our roster, and another one who could be a more real acquisition possibility.
Wish list: Jason Pierre-Paul
Realistic list: Brandon Marshall
PS: I haven't thought my lists thoroughly, I just wanted to set a discussion.
-
I've wanted JPP for several years now, and I still do. We absolutely need depth at DE, and you can see how exposed we are with Ogbah out and Nassib playing an extended role. I'm also a tremendous fan of Marshall, and I respect the way he champions the mental illness cause. That takes guts and while I know our track record of signing veteran receivers hasn't been great lately, he does NOT give me the "quit and get a big paycheck" vibe at all.
-
I've wanted JPP for several years now, and I still do. We absolutely need depth at DE, and you can see how exposed we are with Ogbah out and Nassib playing an extended role. I'm also a tremendous fan of Marshall, and I respect the way he champions the mental illness cause. That takes guts and while I know our track record of signing veteran receivers hasn't been great lately, he does NOT give me the "quit and get a big paycheck" vibe at all.
I've wanted JPP for several years now, and I still do. We absolutely need depth at DE, and you can see how exposed we are with Ogbah out and Nassib playing an extended role. I'm also a tremendous fan of Marshall, and I respect the way he champions the mental illness cause. That takes guts and while I know our track record of signing veteran receivers hasn't been great lately, he does NOT give me the "quit and get a big paycheck" vibe at all.
He didn't champion the "mental illness cause" until a doc gave him a free pass to use it as an excuse after years of being a selfish turd. Borderline personality disorder is a joke. I worked with a population of people with psych issues (adult psych patients and court ordered juvies getting diagnostics) and it seemed like BPD and conduct disorder seemed to be the regular pairing if you were just an entitled piece of garbage.
-
Since this thread was posted just before Sashi Brown was fired and it fade into oblivion, I'll give it a bump, as I still think NY Giants will be very active in this FA, mostly selling.
Eli Apple doesn't seem to have the best of the times in NY, and was a Buckeye. Any thoughts? Would you like him?
-
nah. Some nice cb's in the draft. Tweeting during game? Serioiusly? "der"
-
Apple has been benched. Marshall/JPP are well into the downsides of the career.
NYG have sucked worse than us.. Harrison/Collins would of course look good but there's few actual players I'd want to invest in.
-
Too old for us, but Dorsey will probably go the too-many-old-guys-and-cap-issues route anyway.
-
That said, I would love Collins if he fits into our scheme.
-
That said, I would love Collins if he fits into our scheme.
Collins would be a real player and would fill the stadium.

Plus he'd be excited to be here.

-
How bout the green team Jets..DE Muhammad Wilkerson who is 28 just entered the Dawg House again in NY. Did not make trip to Saints due to late to team meetings & practices. Signed a 5 year deal in 15, but from Jets reports they may be looking a trade partner during draft? If no takers? Jets Could also release Moe, where he will have a choice of teams..Any eyes on Dorsey’s Dungeon on Jets next move?
-
The biggest reason hasalami hired Dorsey was to beat the Giants out of hiring him. He really is the most qualified guy the Browns have hired in this position since 99. So we phukked the gints out of their GM. Now if the salami guy backs off and let's his GM do his thing, it may work.
-
-
The biggest reason hasalami hired Dorsey was to beat the Giants out of hiring him. He really is the most qualified guy the Browns have hired in this position since 99. So we phukked the gints out of their GM. Now if the salami guy backs off and let's his GM do his thing, it may work.
Now if the salami guy backs off and let's his GM do his thing, it may work.
Yes, he's shown a great propensity for doing so thus far.
-
Now if the salami guy backs off and let's his GM do his thing, it may work.
Yes, he's shown a great propensity for doing so thus far.
Yes, he's shown a great propensity for doing so thus far.
Right now, it's set up the same as the past two.Everyone reports to the owner. If it stays that way....same results.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login