Skip to content

Sashi fired

The Browns Board
230 50 10.9k 1
  • WOW, interesting, so the inside info about Jimmy favoring Hue over Sashi must be true. I believe my analysis was dead on.

    I said weeks ago around the McCarron trade rumors that Hue pleaded with Jimmy to get him a quarterback, and Jimmy finally gave in. The fact it didn't get done must've infuriated Jimmy. Remember how he met Hue and McCarron in the end zone before the bengals game? That was sketchy. And the meeting Hue and the Players had with Jimmy but NOT SASHI? Reporters were tweeting that Sashi Brown was on the hot seat and Jimmy actually favored Hue but I wasn't sure if it was actually true. I also said that Jimmy was an inept owner, so how would you "trust him" with the process?

    Did Sashi try his best, or did he Holmgren us? We may never know......

  • Gip, if you had accepted Tour's $100 bet, it would have been hilarious!

    @nero said:

    Gip, if you had accepted Tour's $100 bet, it would have been hilarious!

    I don't remember any $100.00 bet.

    But he does owe me a Hot Fudge Sundae.

  • Whoever Browns hire as new GM  should have the say on  either keeping Hue or going with a new HC

  • Tour said on 'Kiper, Mcshay answer 25 questions about the draft' 1 hour ago...

    Fine... here's my counter to your definition of "our bet".

    • $100 bet.
    • I say Sashi stays in his current role atop the existing consensus process.
    • You say he goes or the consensus process is overridden.
  • You and tour haven't consummated that hundred dollar bet have you?

    WSS

  • You and tour haven't consummated that hundred dollar bet have you?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You and tour haven't consummated that hundred dollar bet have you?

    WSS

    I just told him that in the duplicated thread, lol

  • Tour said on 'Kiper, Mcshay answer 25 questions about the draft' 1 hour ago...

    Fine... here's my counter to your definition of "our bet".

    • $100 bet.
    • I say Sashi stays in his current role atop the existing consensus process.
    • You say he goes or the consensus process is overridden.

    @nero said:

    Tour said on 'Kiper, Mcshay answer 25 questions about the draft' 1 hour ago...

    Fine... here's my counter to your definition of "our bet".

    • $100 bet.
    • I say Sashi stays in his current role atop the existing consensus process.
    • You say he goes or the consensus process is overridden.

    I didn't even see that.   An hour ago I had business to conduct.

    But, because I am magnanimous, I will let him off the hook.  Instead of a hundred bucks....he can give me the $5.00 Sundae.

  • But the process.......

  • Schefter says that Hue is expected to remain the coach for 2018, but new GM will have a say

  • I give up with Haslam, this organisation is going nowhere. 

    So Hue is a great coach and it’s the players that are all bad. Got it. 

  • But the process.......

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    But the process.......

    Just hit an iceberg.

  • You and tour haven't consummated that hundred dollar bet have you?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You and tour haven't consummated that hundred dollar bet have you?

    WSS

    No.  He is off the hook..for that...but not for the Sundae.  He can designate you as his surrogate to pay up on that though...since he lives in Houston and I am not likely to have my sweet tooth satisfied by him any time soon.

  • "Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department." — Jimmy Haslam

  • Good. Now fire the coaches

  • I give up with Haslam, this organisation is going nowhere. 

    So Hue is a great coach and it’s the players that are all bad. Got it. 

    @londonbrown said:

    I give up with Haslam, this organisation is going nowhere. 

    So Hue is a great coach and it’s the players that are all bad. Got it. 

    Do you know why the Mafia killed JFK instead of RFK...who they really wanted to kill?   Because they said that to kill a snake you have to cut off his head, not his tail.   I think they see that Sachi was the head, not the tail of the snake.

    But...I also see that they have made a release saying that Hue will be back next year.   I personally think that could change when they hire a GM.

    Now, Tony Grossi is saying that Marvin Lewis could become the new "Personnell Chief"    His contract is up after this year.

  • there goes the 5 year plan out your bathroom window.

    make sure you flush next time.

    called BS from start like with holmgren while the sheep lined up at slaughter house.

  • One reason that is speculated that Sachi is gone and Hue stays is that it is possible that Hue has disagreed with Sashi about his QB choices....that he wanted Goff or Wentz....that he wanted Watson, etc. 

    They also feel that Sashi purposely undid the McCarron deal....who Hue wanted.

  • I'm not happy for the news, though I understand that it was hard for him to keep the job. 

    BUT, I'll be really angry if Hue keeps his job. I was all about ''OK, let's give both one more year'', but if the coach of a team that has gone 1-27 keeps his job, I don't know what are we doing. 

    The roster is a principal responsability of Sashi, yes, but what it's done with the roster is responsability of the head coach. And everyone in the league predicted way more wins than what Browns have achieved looking at this year's roster.

  • The reason why this team is 1-27 is Hue.

    Sachi deserves fired for his poor QB choices.

    Hue should be fired because day to day, week to week, play to play, Hue has been a Fuyuckup.