Skip to content

Sashi fired

The Browns Board
230 50 10.9k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Dorsey is the name most going around 
     

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/07/report-browns-have-eyes-on-john-dorsey/

    I hope it's manning brah. 

  • I wholeheartedly agree with both these takes. 

    6352F28C-B89A-4D78-B947-F42606F278FE.png

    11A50064-6EFA-4B40-AA0D-BE896ED1BDEB.png

  • @the-gipper said:

    Do you know why the Mafia killed JFK instead of RFK...who they really wanted to kill?   Because they said that to kill a snake you have to cut off his head, not his tail.   I think they see that Sachi was the head, not the tail of the snake.

    But...I also see that they have made a release saying that Hue will be back next year.   I personally think that could change when they hire a GM.

    Now, Tony Grossi is saying that Marvin Lewis could become the new "Personnell Chief"    His contract is up after this year.

    Jimmy Haslam is the head of a snake and he’s a crook and a moron who can’t be trusted with a fantasy team. 

    @roycerolls said:

    Jimmy Haslam is the head of a snake and he’s a crook and a moron who can’t be trusted with a fantasy team. 

    Well....the FBI may cut that head off....then it will be DEE.

    But more apt is that Jimmy/Dee are the one wielding the machete

  • So, can someone explain to me how this is going to go any differently than every other reset the team has had? 

    I get firing Sashi, a sacrificial lamb is needed. I think the core plan of turning over an aging and under-performing roster and loading up on draft picks was the right move, but they took it to illogical extremes (namely not retaining the young homegrown talent like Gipson, Schwartz, and Benjamin, and trading out instead of picking Wentz) that made it impossible to win.

    It will be interesting to see how the team responds on the field to this for the remainder of the season.

  • This report was filed on October 15th....but was denied by the Browns.   But just because someone denies something doesn't make it false:

    http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/10/15/report-browns-begin-searching-for-new-football-executive/

    So this move may have been in the works since Mid October.

  • Get ready for the AJ McCarron era.

    Oh and by the way, he is a dreadful quarterback. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Get ready for the AJ McCarron era.

    Oh and by the way, he is a dreadful quarterback. 

    That may be, but his mom is HOTTT!!!

  • Get ready for the AJ McCarron era.

    Oh and by the way, he is a dreadful quarterback. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Get ready for the AJ McCarron era.

    Oh and by the way, he is a dreadful quarterback. 

    That may be, but his mom is HOTTT!!!

  • hue jackson in some people's mind might be some QB whisperer but is not a coach to fire up or instill confidence in any player in locker room no matter what branch he hit falling down coaching tree. he had his way in cinci and couldn't get one win in playoff games.

    f.u.c.k. dorsey. hire mooch and bernie as co GMs, no matter what the cost. fire hue and bring in the hanson bros and ryans as coaches. you all obviously don't mind dirty play.

  • "this guy is going to be fired"

    "that guy is going to be fired"

    "the other guy is going to be fired"

    months later, sashi gets fired.

    "SEE? I WAS RIGHT"

    Sachi had to go - arrogantly made stupid choices/mistakes. so there ya go.

    Figured to be true- the weak leak in a chain has to be fixed - take out the weak link,

    install a quality link.

    Don't let the door give you a concussion on the way out, sachi.

  • A head coach that refuses to run the ball, baffles a 21 year old QB by starting or dropping him week to week and can’t call a timeout. Along with a QB that can’t beat out Andy Dalton. 

    All the best Sashi, you’re better off out of it. 

  • Supposedly Hue is staying through 2018, got an alert from my Score App.

    So Jimmy may be force-feeding a GM and coach, AGAIN. 

    I thought billionaires were smart?

  • I wholeheartedly agree with both these takes. 

    6352F28C-B89A-4D78-B947-F42606F278FE.png

    11A50064-6EFA-4B40-AA0D-BE896ED1BDEB.png

    @londonbrown said:

    I wholeheartedly agree with both these takes. 

    11A50064-6EFA-4B40-AA0D-BE896ED1BDEB.png

    I love the ''Sashi died for the Browns sins'' LOL! 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Hue Jackson     NFL     2016-            ?
     Mike Pettine     NFL     2014-15     10-22-0 (0.313)     
     Rob Chudzinski     NFL     2013     4-12-0 (0.250)     
     Pat Shurmur     NFL     2011-12     9-23-0 (0.281)     
     Eric Mangini     NFL     2009-10     10-22-0 (0.3125)     
     Romeo Crennel     NFL     2005-08     24-40-0 (0.375)    
     Terry Robiskie     NFL     2004*     1-4-0 (0.200)     
    Butch Davis     NFL     2001-04     24-35-0 (0.407)     0-1-0 (0.000)     24-36-0 (0.400)
     Chris Palmer     NFL     1999-2000     5-27-0 (0.156)     

    So now what?

    question mark?

    hue won in oakland....how many games? has he won one game here?

    exactly.

    at least mangini (took team on bus to play pre preseason to gear up and make team competitive only to get ridiculed). pettine was on right track trying to build D backfield while still having better OL and offensive weapons... davis would have kicked everyone in the butt for playing and whiffing like they have and the ryans would buy them a beer for winning.

    i guess you were one of the fools who believed in this Sheet show as well as the holmgren genius move....????

    HA!!

    @miktoxic said:

    question mark?

    hue won in oakland....how many games? has he won one game here?

    exactly.

    at least mangini (took team on bus to play pre preseason to gear up and make team competitive only to get ridiculed). pettine was on right track trying to build D backfield while still having better OL and offensive weapons... davis would have kicked everyone in the butt for playing and whiffing like they have and the ryans would buy them a beer for winning.

    i guess you were one of the fools who believed in this Sheet show as well as the holmgren genius move....????

    HA!!

    WHAT? I was just showing the track records of the coaches, I thought Davis was OK (and run out of town on a rail). Holmgren?

    AND I thought the BROWNS beat the Los Angeles Chargers......Oakland? Any other questions? 

  • @londonbrown said:

    I wholeheartedly agree with both these takes. 

    11A50064-6EFA-4B40-AA0D-BE896ED1BDEB.png

    I love the ''Sashi died for the Browns sins'' LOL! 

    @nero said:

    I love the ''Sashi died for the Browns sins'' LOL! 

    yeah dude that was ridiculously funny

  • @miktoxic said:

    question mark?

    hue won in oakland....how many games? has he won one game here?

    exactly.

    at least mangini (took team on bus to play pre preseason to gear up and make team competitive only to get ridiculed). pettine was on right track trying to build D backfield while still having better OL and offensive weapons... davis would have kicked everyone in the butt for playing and whiffing like they have and the ryans would buy them a beer for winning.

    i guess you were one of the fools who believed in this Sheet show as well as the holmgren genius move....????

    HA!!

    WHAT? I was just showing the track records of the coaches, I thought Davis was OK (and run out of town on a rail). Holmgren?

    AND I thought the BROWNS beat the Los Angeles Chargers......Oakland? Any other questions? 

    @mjp28 said:

    WHAT? I was just showing the track records of the coaches, I thought Davis was OK (and run out of town on a rail). Holmgren?

    AND I thought the BROWNS beat the Los Angeles Chargers......Oakland? Any other questions? 

    just one.....

    lube or no lube?

  • For those that care, this is Haslam's official statement regarding the firing of Sashi

    Statement from Owner Jimmy Haslam:

    "We have great appreciation and gratitude for Sashi's commitment and leadership to our organization but believe transitioning to someone with strong experience and success in drafting and building consistently winning football teams is critical to the future of the Cleveland Browns. Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction. The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department. We have begun the process of having productive conversations regarding leadership of our football operations and will provide further updates when appropriate. We thank Sashi for all his hard work and dedication to the Cleveland Browns."

  • Trying to keep Hue and saying he'll keep his job through 2018 is plain stupid for me. Either you keep a coach that goes 1-27 and doesn't get te best out of his roster (I don't care if the roster sucks, Superbowl winning teams have their roster problems too) or you are going to fire him but want to keep him ''calm''. 

    I don't know what good does keeping a coach that knows that he's not staying next year. You're supposed to start looking for a coach as soon as you have a new GM, so you have to stay ahead in the coach searching ''race''. That's why the NY Giants decided to fire both McAdoo and Reese. You aren't getting anything positive out of a interin coach, but you can at least start your offseason already. 

  • I also think that the NY Giants move just triggered Sashi's firing, because if no one was fired, you can still be ''ahead'' in the interviews with new personnel. 

  • Trying to keep Hue and saying he'll keep his job through 2018 is plain stupid for me. Either you keep a coach that goes 1-27 and doesn't get te best out of his roster (I don't care if the roster sucks, Superbowl winning teams have their roster problems too) or you are going to fire him but want to keep him ''calm''. 

    I don't know what good does keeping a coach that knows that he's not staying next year. You're supposed to start looking for a coach as soon as you have a new GM, so you have to stay ahead in the coach searching ''race''. That's why the NY Giants decided to fire both McAdoo and Reese. You aren't getting anything positive out of a interin coach, but you can at least start your offseason already. 

    @nero said:

    Trying to keep Hue and saying he'll keep his job through 2018 is plain stupid for me. Either you keep a coach that goes 1-27 and doesn't get te best out of his roster (I don't care if the roster sucks, Superbowl winning teams have their roster problems too) or you are going to fire him but want to keep him ''calm''. 

    I don't know what good does keeping a coach that knows that he's not staying next year. You're supposed to start looking for a coach as soon as you have a new GM, so you have to stay ahead in the coach searching ''race''. That's why the NY Giants decided to fire both McAdoo and Reese. You aren't getting anything positive out of a interin coach, but you can at least start your offseason already. 

    I agree with you bro....

    The source is kinda sketch on this one, Mary Kay C#$%, but she says Depo is staying. I don't trust her as a source, like i said.

    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    I'm told everyone else will remain in place for now, including #Browns Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta cleveland.com/browns/index.s…
  • For those that care, this is Haslam's official statement regarding the firing of Sashi

    Statement from Owner Jimmy Haslam:

    "We have great appreciation and gratitude for Sashi's commitment and leadership to our organization but believe transitioning to someone with strong experience and success in drafting and building consistently winning football teams is critical to the future of the Cleveland Browns. Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction. The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department. We have begun the process of having productive conversations regarding leadership of our football operations and will provide further updates when appropriate. We thank Sashi for all his hard work and dedication to the Cleveland Browns."

    @stillmotion said:

    For those that care, this is Haslam's official statement regarding the firing of Sashi

    Statement from Owner Jimmy Haslam:

    "We have great appreciation and gratitude for Sashi's commitment and leadership to our organization but believe transitioning to someone with strong experience and success in drafting and building consistently winning football teams is critical to the future of the Cleveland Browns. Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction. The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department. We have begun the process of having productive conversations regarding leadership of our football operations and will provide further updates when appropriate. We thank Sashi for all his hard work and dedication to the Cleveland Browns."

    Finally, a sign of progress this year!