Skip to content

Dorsey Hired

The Browns Board
226 45 8.4k 1
  • DQfWk6RXUAEUvNE.jpg:large

  • Is he going to be the man since 1999 or is he just going to be another man

  • @the-gipper said:

    Jesus Christ that was fast

    I read that they have had a private firm vetting him for about a month. 

    @jcam222 said:

    I read that they have had a private firm vetting him for about a month. 

    Since the AJ mess..just like Jimmy G..we would have had a 4 game look before any commitment..Final nail in SB coffin after Wenz than Watson.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Yep, its being talked about here in KC all day.

    Alex Smith, Josh Rosen and DeShone Kizer would be a definite upgrade. I wouldn't hate this at all.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Let Rosen sit out a year.

    Its the best way instead of throwing a rookie to the wolves.

    I almost always believe in keeping a young player on the proverbial bench a little too long than to rush them a little too early, so I'd be fine with that.

  • At least he’s a football guy

  • Jesus Christ that was fast

    @the-gipper said:

    Jesus Christ that was fast

    Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

  • 4 year deal......has final say on all football decisions...... apart from the coach's position 🙂

  • @the-gipper said:

    Jesus Christ that was fast

    Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

    @stillmotion said:

    Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

    It's done this way in any large company. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Jesus Christ that was fast

    Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

    @stillmotion said:

    Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

    Obviously jimmy is a snake. The FBI has proved that

    Just hire the right guy and go away

  • @stillmotion said:

    Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

    It's done this way in any large company. 

    @jcam222 said:

    It's done this way in any large company. 

    What’s that? Cheat your costumers? 

  • @jcam222 said:

    It's done this way in any large company. 

    What’s that? Cheat your costumers? 

    @browns149 said:

    What’s that? Cheat your costumers? 

    No, it's very normal to recruit and vet executive level hires prior to firing the old one. 

  • 4 year deal......has final say on all football decisions...... apart from the coach's position 🙂

    @darren15 said:

    4 year deal......has final say on all football decisions...... apart from the coach's position 🙂

    Now Haslam needs to change the reporting structure. Hue needs to report directly to Dorsey. 

  • People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

  • People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

    @harry-buffalo said:

    People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

    For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

  • Jesus Christ that was fast

    @the-gipper said:

    Jesus Christ that was fast

    Not surprising considering the timing of Sashi’s firing.  They already had Dorsey lined up. 

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

    For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

    @dutch-oven said:

    For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

    Here is the thing, I don't think Sashi was the GM. His title was always Vice President of football operations. He however had control of the roster. The people they had been interviewing have been for a GM position that would have been available without Sashi being fired, which was their original plan according to reports. The big reason Sashi likely got fired was most likely because Dorsey said he wouldn't take the job without control of the roster.

  • I guess I'm an influencer and they listened to me when some hours ago I asked to sign him NOW, lol.

    Well, I'm less bitter now. I believe he's a solid GM and this doesn't leave the front office 'headless' to prepare the offseason.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

    Here is the thing, I don't think Sashi was the GM. His title was always Vice President of football operations. He however had control of the roster. The people they had been interviewing have been for a GM position that would have been available without Sashi being fired, which was their original plan according to reports. The big reason Sashi likely got fired was most likely because Dorsey said he wouldn't take the job without control of the roster.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Here is the thing, I don't think Sashi was the GM. His title was always Vice President of football operations. He however had control of the roster. The people they had been interviewing have been for a GM position that would have been available without Sashi being fired, which was their original plan according to reports. The big reason Sashi likely got fired was most likely because Dorsey said he wouldn't take the job without control of the roster.

    That makes a lot of sense. 

  • It has been rumored that there are some GM/coach "package" deals that may be out there:

    Pioli and Vrabel

    Caserio and McDaniels.

    Point is, these would be GMs/coaches that would be in sync.    Dorsey and Hue however?   Someone used the term:  shotgun marriage.

    @the-gipper said:

    It has been rumored that there are some GM/coach "package" deals that may be out there:

    Pioli and Vrabel

    Caserio and McDaniels.

    Point is, these would be GMs/coaches that would be in sync.    Dorsey and Hue however?   Someone used the term:  shotgun marriage.

    Or, and this might sound crazy, we keep a coach for his third year to help actually attract someone to take a job at our dumpster fire of a franchise.