Dorsey Hired
-
@kvoethe said:
Sorry boys
Rooney Rule Violation
#BLM
Interviewed Singletary a few weeks back.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Rumors are that the NY Giants were interested in Dorsey.
The Giants are a no jacking around class organization who typically have an eye for talent in the front office and on the team.
Which is why the firing happened now. Haslam knew NY would go after him.
-
Dorsey's entire career is as a scout. How will he make a judgement on players he doesn't personally scout? Will there be.... metrics?
If there are metrics used and those ratings are based on team consensus [which given everything we can find is what Dorsey is all about].... this is different than Sashi how, exactly? One fewer "s" in the name yields infinite wins?
Dorsey's entire career is as a scout. How will he make a judgement on players he doesn't personally scout? Will there be.... metrics?
If there are metrics used and those ratings are based on team consensus [which given everything we can find is what Dorsey is all about].... this is different than Sashi how, exactly? One fewer "s" in the name yields infinite wins?
Sashi Browns entire career has been counting pinto navy, lima, garbanzo and kidney beans.
WSS
-
sachi wasn't working out, so be it.
but I give Hue a pass on what seems to be "mistakes"... I think he has to spend too much time coveringfor a talented qb that lacks vision and doesn't see the field. How tough is it to learn how to look one way, then lookand throw the other way? How much instinct does it take to know that you can't throw a long pass to a wr that is closely double covered before the ball ever gets there?
I get upset with Hue, but I'm seeing more and more that he is frustrated at not having the players he needs, and he's trying to make decisions based on that fact.
sachi wasn't working out, so be it.
but I give Hue a pass on what seems to be "mistakes"... I think he has to spend too much time coveringfor a talented qb that lacks vision and doesn't see the field. How tough is it to learn how to look one way, then lookand throw the other way? How much instinct does it take to know that you can't throw a long pass to a wr that is closely double covered before the ball ever gets there?
I get upset with Hue, but I'm seeing more and more that he is frustrated at not having the players he needs, and he's trying to make decisions based on that fact.
We all want a Superbowl, don't we?
Ok, so I tell you this: any Superbowl team has roster problems. No winning team has a perfect roster. The coaching staff must make everything work, focusing on strengths and trying to minimize the flaws. For example, the Eagles this year have a dubious secondary, so they focused on pass rush to help the secondary.
If any coach goes 1-27, it's not only GM's fault, it's their fault too. And I don't think that a 1-27 coach can lead us to a Superbowl. He's not the "franchise coach" that everyone in this Board wishes for, in order to have some continuity in this roller coaster franchise.
-
Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire.
He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.
-
-
Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire.
He was just let go in like July. Where were these job openings that he was supposed to get? Its not like like there are dozens of openings for an NFL GM position. Plus, it seems clear to me that they have had this move in mind since at least October.
-
@kvoethe said:
Sorry boys
Rooney Rule Violation
#BLM
Interviewed Singletary a few weeks back.
Interviewed Singletary a few weeks back.
Do you think that is what he was interviewed for? At the time it was stated that he was brought in to talk about an asst. coach position....but you think it was actually for the GM slot?
They did this all on the hush hush. There may have been a number of others interviewed that we have no clue about.
-
The owner has guaranteed the 1-27 HC his job a month after trying to sign hs QB of choice.
Any GM that now arrives is nothing but a patsy to the head coach. He may as well not even be here.
The owner has guaranteed the 1-27 HC his job a month after trying to sign hs QB of choice.
Any GM that now arrives is nothing but a patsy to the head coach. He may as well not even be here.
I think we now know what Hue meant when he said he wanted to be more involved in the process.
That or this is Holmgren/Heckert/Mangini all over again, and a season is wasted with a new front office keeping the existing head coach that was inevitably fired... We'll see...
This was my first thought as well.
-
It will be interesting to see what other changes come in the FO... both resignations as well as terminations. To see how much of the consensus machine being built remains by the time April rolls around.
It will be interesting to see what other changes come in the FO... both resignations as well as terminations. To see how much of the consensus machine being built remains by the time April rolls around.
Well hopefully without the old engineer the consensus machine can be update from Steam to diesel or electric.
WSS
-
You know who Dorsey might hire? Dorsey. Ken Dorsey. Currently QB coach for the Carolina Panthers. To be OC here?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Dorsey
And then of course, there would have to be a lot of throwback music played at the stadium:
-
Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire.
He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.
He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.
Can't let facts get in the way of war's narrative.
-
Jimmy mentioned in presser that he wants De Podesta to stay
-
Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire.
These types of posts will be what makes him fail at his job!
I will take the guy with a track record of putting together winning teams as opposed to the lawyer who convinced himself he was an NFL talent evaluator.
These types of posts will be what makes him fail at his job!
I will take the guy with a track record of putting together winning teams as opposed to the lawyer who convinced himself he was an NFL talent evaluator.
Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait.
He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.
And had there been, do you think he’d have gotten it?
-
These types of posts will be what makes him fail at his job!
I will take the guy with a track record of putting together winning teams as opposed to the lawyer who convinced himself he was an NFL talent evaluator.
Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait.
He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.
And had there been, do you think he’d have gotten it?
Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait.
I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.
-
Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait.
I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.
I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.
The fact that they went to one of the most beautiful and popular hotspots in the country is your evidence? Okie dokie.
-
Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait.
I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.
I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.
dude, there was more than Sashi and Depo. They had the whole scouting team there. It was all for Rosen as well. Hue loves himself some Rosen. He is McCarron with physical abilities to Hue. Rosen also ran a offense at UCLA similar to what Hue runs.
-
I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.
The fact that they went to one of the most beautiful and popular hotspots in the country is your evidence? Okie dokie.
The fact that they went to one of the most beautiful and popular hotspots in the country is your evidence? Okie dokie.
The UCLA/USC game is a beautiful and popular hotspot?
I wonder what the beaches are like near the concession stand.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login