Skip to content

Dorsey Hired

The Browns Board
226 45 8.4k 1
  • Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire. 

    @wargograw said:

    Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire. 

    He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Sorry boys

    Rooney Rule Violation

    #BLM

    That would be ironic.

    WSS

  • Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire. 

    @wargograw said:

    Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire. 

    He was just let go in like July.   Where were these job openings that he was supposed to get?   Its not like like there are dozens of openings for an NFL GM position.  Plus, it seems clear to me that they have had this move in mind since at least October.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Sorry boys

    Rooney Rule Violation

    #BLM

    Interviewed Singletary a few weeks back.

    @brownskidd said:

    Interviewed Singletary a few weeks back.

    Do you think that is what he was interviewed for?   At the time it was stated that he was brought in to talk about an asst. coach position....but you think it was actually for the GM slot?

    They did this all on the hush hush.  There may have been a number of others interviewed that we have no clue about.

  • The owner has guaranteed the 1-27 HC his job a month after trying to sign hs QB of choice. 

    Any GM that now arrives is nothing but a patsy to the head coach. He may as well not even be here. 

    @londonbrown said:

    The owner has guaranteed the 1-27 HC his job a month after trying to sign hs QB of choice. 

    Any GM that now arrives is nothing but a patsy to the head coach. He may as well not even be here. 

    I think we now know what Hue meant when he said he wanted to be more involved in the process.

    @dutch-oven said:

    That or this is Holmgren/Heckert/Mangini all over again, and a season is wasted with a new front office keeping the existing head coach that was inevitably fired... We'll see...

    This was my first thought as well.

  • It will be interesting to see what other changes come in the FO... both resignations as well as terminations. To see how much of the consensus machine being built remains by the time April rolls around.

  • It will be interesting to see what other changes come in the FO... both resignations as well as terminations. To see how much of the consensus machine being built remains by the time April rolls around.

    @tour2ma said:

    It will be interesting to see what other changes come in the FO... both resignations as well as terminations. To see how much of the consensus machine being built remains by the time April rolls around.

    Well hopefully without the old engineer the consensus machine can be update from Steam to diesel or electric.

    WSS

  • You know who Dorsey might hire?    Dorsey.   Ken Dorsey.   Currently QB coach for the Carolina Panthers.  To be OC here?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Dorsey

    And then of course, there would have to be a lot of throwback music played at the stadium:

  • @wargograw said:

    Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire. 

    He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.

    Can't let facts get in the way of war's narrative. 

  • Jimmy mentioned in presser that he wants De Podesta to stay

  • @wargograw said:

    Fired GM who couldn’t get another job. Terrible hire. 

    These types of posts will be what makes him fail at his job!

    I will take the guy with a track record of putting together winning teams as opposed to the lawyer who convinced himself he was an NFL talent evaluator. 

    @logicisforsquares said:

    These types of posts will be what makes him fail at his job!

    I will take the guy with a track record of putting together winning teams as opposed to the lawyer who convinced himself he was an NFL talent evaluator. 

    Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait. 

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.

    And had there been, do you think he’d have gotten it?

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    These types of posts will be what makes him fail at his job!

    I will take the guy with a track record of putting together winning teams as opposed to the lawyer who convinced himself he was an NFL talent evaluator. 

    Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait. 

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.

    And had there been, do you think he’d have gotten it?

    @wargograw said:

    Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait. 

    I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.

  • @wargograw said:

    Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait. 

    I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.

    The fact that they went to one of the most beautiful and popular hotspots in the country is your evidence? Okie dokie. 

  • @wargograw said:

    Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait. 

    I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.

    dude, there was more than Sashi and Depo. They had the whole scouting team there. It was all for Rosen as well. Hue loves himself some Rosen. He is McCarron with physical abilities to Hue. Rosen also ran a offense at UCLA similar to what Hue runs.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.

    The fact that they went to one of the most beautiful and popular hotspots in the country is your evidence? Okie dokie. 

    @wargograw said:

    The fact that they went to one of the most beautiful and popular hotspots in the country is your evidence? Okie dokie. 

    The UCLA/USC game is a beautiful and popular hotspot?

    I wonder what the beaches are like near the concession stand.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I guess he and DePodesta were at the USC-UCLA game to try the popcorn. Neither one of them is a scout or has any experience evaluating NFL players. Haslem could have sent his dentist and received just as much insight about the QB play.

    dude, there was more than Sashi and Depo. They had the whole scouting team there. It was all for Rosen as well. Hue loves himself some Rosen. He is McCarron with physical abilities to Hue. Rosen also ran a offense at UCLA similar to what Hue runs.

    @hempman said:

    dude, there was more than Sashi and Depo. They had the whole scouting team there. It was all for Rosen as well. Hue loves himself some Rosen. He is McCarron with physical abilities to Hue. Rosen also ran a offense at UCLA similar to what Hue runs.

    The report was that it was those two and one other person. Not "the whole scouting department". Even if it was, what insight would they have to offer? 

  •  sachi wasn't working out, so be it.

    but I give Hue a pass on what seems to be "mistakes"... I think he has to spend too much time coveringfor a talented qb that lacks vision and doesn't see the field. How tough is it to learn how to look one way, then lookand throw the other way? How much instinct does it take to know that you can't throw a long pass to a wr that is closely double covered before the ball ever gets there?

      I get upset with Hue, but I'm seeing more and more that he is frustrated at not having the players he needs, and he's trying to make decisions based on that fact.

    @calfoxwc said:

     sachi wasn't working out, so be it.

    but I give Hue a pass on what seems to be "mistakes"... I think he has to spend too much time coveringfor a talented qb that lacks vision and doesn't see the field. How tough is it to learn how to look one way, then lookand throw the other way? How much instinct does it take to know that you can't throw a long pass to a wr that is closely double covered before the ball ever gets there?

      I get upset with Hue, but I'm seeing more and more that he is frustrated at not having the players he needs, and he's trying to make decisions based on that fact.

    Cal, in his post Sashi firing press conference, Hue was specifically asked about getting an OC. I sort of buy his explanation that the offence is\was so talent depleted, he didn't want an OC who looked so bad he'd have to fire him. Oh, he knows- as he said "it's performance based" and my performance hasn't been what it needs to be. I suppose it would look bad if he came out and said "I've sucked so far as a coach". 

    @westside-steve said:

    Sashi Browns entire career has been counting pinto navy,  lima, garbanzo and kidney beans.

    WSS

    It was posited by some here from the beginning, is a lawyer bean counter fit to run an NFL organization? I think Jimmy decided that answer was NO. 

    @tour2ma said:

    I think we now know what Hue meant when he said he wanted to be more involved in the process.

    This was my first thought as well.

    I'll posit this one Tour. We don't know (but Haslam sure does) just how much of a "consensus" there really was. If Hue was constantly getting shot down and overruled by Sashi- when with 20\20 hindsight his suggestions on player acquisitions were dead on, and Sashi and DePo's were crap, draw your own conclusion. What if: Hue was Ok with both Wentz and Watson (remember the supposed phone call to Deshawn?) and to top it off got Kizer (who he probably didn't want) that screams "analytics pick" rammed down his throat, well- I'd probably like a tad more input too. Why do I think that's the case? Read between the lines in Jimmy's goodbye to Sashi- thanks for all the picks, I don't trust you to make them. So much for consensus- Sashi had the final say. Apparently he was asked if it was OK to bring in a Dorsey type to help in that regard, and it was like nope, everything is just hunky-dory. We're going to nail the 2018 draft. That and (care to bet it wasn't deliberately botched) McCarron deal sealed Sashi's fate. BTW DePo's all time stupid comment about Wentz not being a top 20 qb proves when push came to shove who was making the picks.  

    @wargograw said:

    Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait. 

    And apparently War- he took those opinions and  made his own decision, if there was no consensus- looks like Haslam didn't think much of them. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

     sachi wasn't working out, so be it.

    but I give Hue a pass on what seems to be "mistakes"... I think he has to spend too much time coveringfor a talented qb that lacks vision and doesn't see the field. How tough is it to learn how to look one way, then lookand throw the other way? How much instinct does it take to know that you can't throw a long pass to a wr that is closely double covered before the ball ever gets there?

      I get upset with Hue, but I'm seeing more and more that he is frustrated at not having the players he needs, and he's trying to make decisions based on that fact.

    Cal, in his post Sashi firing press conference, Hue was specifically asked about getting an OC. I sort of buy his explanation that the offence is\was so talent depleted, he didn't want an OC who looked so bad he'd have to fire him. Oh, he knows- as he said "it's performance based" and my performance hasn't been what it needs to be. I suppose it would look bad if he came out and said "I've sucked so far as a coach". 

    @westside-steve said:

    Sashi Browns entire career has been counting pinto navy,  lima, garbanzo and kidney beans.

    WSS

    It was posited by some here from the beginning, is a lawyer bean counter fit to run an NFL organization? I think Jimmy decided that answer was NO. 

    @tour2ma said:

    I think we now know what Hue meant when he said he wanted to be more involved in the process.

    This was my first thought as well.

    I'll posit this one Tour. We don't know (but Haslam sure does) just how much of a "consensus" there really was. If Hue was constantly getting shot down and overruled by Sashi- when with 20\20 hindsight his suggestions on player acquisitions were dead on, and Sashi and DePo's were crap, draw your own conclusion. What if: Hue was Ok with both Wentz and Watson (remember the supposed phone call to Deshawn?) and to top it off got Kizer (who he probably didn't want) that screams "analytics pick" rammed down his throat, well- I'd probably like a tad more input too. Why do I think that's the case? Read between the lines in Jimmy's goodbye to Sashi- thanks for all the picks, I don't trust you to make them. So much for consensus- Sashi had the final say. Apparently he was asked if it was OK to bring in a Dorsey type to help in that regard, and it was like nope, everything is just hunky-dory. We're going to nail the 2018 draft. That and (care to bet it wasn't deliberately botched) McCarron deal sealed Sashi's fate. BTW DePo's all time stupid comment about Wentz not being a top 20 qb proves when push came to shove who was making the picks.  

    @wargograw said:

    Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait. 

    And apparently War- he took those opinions and  made his own decision, if there was no consensus- looks like Haslam didn't think much of them. 

    @hoorta said:

    Cal, in his post Sashi firing press conference, Hue was specifically asked about getting an OC. I sort of buy his explanation that the offence is\was so talent depleted, he didn't want an OC who looked so bad he'd have to fire him. Oh, he knows- as he said "it's performance based" and my performance hasn't been what it needs to be. I suppose it would look bad if he came out and said "I've sucked so far as a coach". 

    It was posited by some here from the beginning, is a lawyer bean counter fit to run an NFL organization? I think Jimmy decided that answer was NO. 

    I'll posit this one Tour. We don't know (but Haslam sure does) just how much of a "consensus" there really was. If Hue was constantly getting shot down and overruled by Sashi- when with 20\20 hindsight his suggestions on player acquisitions were dead on, and Sashi and DePo's were crap, draw your own conclusion. What if: Hue was Ok with both Wentz and Watson (remember the supposed phone call to Deshawn?) and to top it off got Kizer (who he probably didn't want) that screams "analytics pick" rammed down his throat, well- I'd probably like a tad more input too. Why do I think that's the case? Read between the lines in Jimmy's goodbye to Sashi- thanks for all the picks, I don't trust you to make them. So much for consensus- Sashi had the final say. Apparently he was asked if it was OK to bring in a Dorsey type to help in that regard, and it was like nope, everything is just hunky-dory. We're going to nail the 2018 draft. That and (care to bet it wasn't deliberately botched) McCarron deal sealed Sashi's fate. BTW DePo's all time stupid comment about Wentz not being a top 20 qb proves when push came to shove who was making the picks.  

    And apparently War- he took those opinions and  made his own decision, if there was no consensus- looks like Haslam didn't think much of them. 

    I always thought of the "consensus" as something substantial within the front office work, mostly when selecting players and in FA, not in the coach-FO relation.

  • @wargograw said:

    The fact that they went to one of the most beautiful and popular hotspots in the country is your evidence? Okie dokie. 

    The UCLA/USC game is a beautiful and popular hotspot?

    I wonder what the beaches are like near the concession stand.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    The UCLA/USC game is a beautiful and popular hotspot?

    I wonder what the beaches are like near the concession stand.

    I think  War was thinking like Compton, or Watts.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    These types of posts will be what makes him fail at his job!

    I will take the guy with a track record of putting together winning teams as opposed to the lawyer who convinced himself he was an NFL talent evaluator. 

    Sashi pulls together the opinions of others. Find me one quote that would indicate he’s “convinced himself he was an nfl talent evaluator”? I’ll wait. 

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He was fired in June, I don’t know if there’s been a job TO get.

    And had there been, do you think he’d have gotten it?

    @wargograw said:

    And had there been, do you think he’d have gotten it?

    Yeah, probably. He's pretty much thought to be a solid GM.

    His draft record isn't bad. It's not fantastic but it's not bad either.  He's a "football guy" who places an emphasis on athletic QB's with a decent amount of college experience and a lot of wins...so naturally you can see why Jimmy loved him so much. 

    There's probably going to be three or four open GM positions this year, I think he would have landed with someone.