B-mac vs E Wright
-
I really havn't been paying too much attention to which cornerback is better (you can slap me on the wrist later) but as far as my memory of the past couple years serves, I'm pretty sure it was Macdonald who was giving the better coverage out of the two when the ball came their way.
... And that seems to be lining up with PGL's thoughts, so I can't be totally wack.

-
Both corners have a ton of potential.... I think Wright has the bigger potential upside and is getting better as he gets more game experience... McDonald on the other hand has progressed faster and may be ahead of Wright currently.... McDonald better get more conditioning, he can't be getting caught from behind after an interception like he did in a game last year... From what I recall reading he simply ran out of gas...
I like em both with the edge going to McDonald...
peace
T.Dawg
-
I kind of thought that both of these guys were guilty last year of being too confident in their abilities. There is no question they both have talent IMO, now it's a matter of refining it and playing within a solid system.
-
I'm not going to argue who is better. They are 2 different types of CB. When answering the poll, I picked Wright. I think that Mangini is not going to want to give up the big play that B-Mac will allow. Wright is just steady and cautious. You know he will make the tackle and you know that he won't let too many receivers get by him. B-Mac is the opposite...you know that he will let them by but he can usually close out on them pretty quickly with his speed. However, he sometimes doesn't get back in time. He will jump routes. Sometimes good...other times it bites us. Mangini will probably go with the safe, smarter player than the one who takes chances. I personally think B-Mac has the higher ceiling and more physical abilities. Both can be tremendous CB's in this league and compliment each other very well. Hood is only here for 1 year. Whoever loses his spot this season, they will learn from Hood and be back as our starter midseason or next season. Who knows? Mangini could chose starters from week to week based on the opposition. He has that luxury now.
-
I don't think either of these corners in this poll should be a starter in the NFL. If I had to chose one it would be BMac.
I'm really shocked that anyone on this board would think Eric Wright is a quality corner. He not only covers poorly (Really stiff hips) but his tackling is terrible. If you can't cover than at least be a solid tackler. Vise versa would be appropriate as well. If you can't tackle at least be a lockdown guy, ala Dion Sanders.
At least BMac makes the tackle on a consistant basis.
-
Hey everybody, new to the board here.
I'm not enamored with either of the two.
Wright's tackling (or lack thereof) is painful to watch at times. Occasionally, he'll make a big play (the big INT at the end of the Giants game), but more often then not, he'll get beat/give up a ten yard cushion/fumble the ball after he picks it off. (I think this was against the Bungles.)
I don't think B-mac is much better either. His game against the Eagles yielded the huge return at the half, where he was stopped by Westbrook and so there was nothing gained on the play, and a pick six on the backup QB once the game was out of reach.
That being said, they're young players and may have some upside. Hopefully the Hood signing will pan out.
-
If the two were to duke it out?
I think Wright has the better tools and consistency but....
I think Bmac is way more competitive, tries harder, and is a straight up ballhawk, he played WR in college so you know he can catch, I think he has a high ceiling.
My choice is definitely bmac
-
Even a mediocre pass rush (which we haven't had) would help out both of them tremendously.
Aggressive only really works consistently when the QB has to make quick decisions because he's being hurried.
That's why you see Wright giving a 10 yard cushion. Because we had no pass rush.
As well, I wouldn't be surprised if the Tucker told him to do that.
Its kinda like a half-zone scheme. One CB is man-to-man and plays aggressive, while the other side plays zone with safety help.
-
Even a mediocre pass rush (which we haven't had) would help out both of them tremendously.
Aggressive only really works consistently when the QB has to make quick decisions because he's being hurried.
That's why you see Wright giving a 10 yard cushion. Because we had no pass rush.
As well, I wouldn't be surprised if the Tucker told him to do that.
Its kinda like a half-zone scheme. One CB is man-to-man and plays aggressive, while the other side plays zone with safety help.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login