Skip to content

Matthew Dayes

The Browns Board
22 12 1.0k
  • What I love is Crowell getting handed the ball, he takes a step and is instantly nailed by two defenders, and people on here instantly post: "CROW IS A BUM, HE'S BLIND!"

    Yet when the same thing happens to Duke, not a word is uttered.

    I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crow's instagram pic from last year. Nothing at all. It's because the guy who averaged damn near 5 yards a carry last season has all the sudden gone Ray Charles.

    @dutch-oven said:

    What I love is Crowell getting handed the ball, he takes a step and is instantly nailed by two defenders, and people on here instantly post: "CROW IS A BUM, HE'S BLIND!"

    Yet when the same thing happens to Duke, not a word is uttered.

    I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crow's instagram pic from last year. Nothing at all. It's because the guy who averaged damn near 5 yards a carry last season has all the sudden gone Ray Charles.

    I had honestly forgotten about the picture. Crow does not have great vision or balance. When he is on, Crow is a good RB. When not, he can get tripped by ghosts and miss big running lanes.

  • He is the furthest thing away from.a HR hitter. Yet I have absolutely no faith in a 3&1 let.alone 3&3 or goal line situations. 

    I will give the guy credit he is never injured. I hate hoping someone get hurt but Issah "3rd and 7" Crowell is an iron Man

    @cdl15 said:

    He is the furthest thing away from.a HR hitter. Yet I have absolutely no faith in a 3&1 let.alone 3&3 or goal line situations. 

    I will give the guy credit he is never injured. I hate hoping someone get hurt but Issah "3rd and 7" Crowell is an iron Man

    Who on average would be running the ball on 3rd and 7 anyway.  Like Dutch said, he's a 4 yard carrier on average.  Why bench him?  Still better than most RBs in the league.  On 1st down, most teams have 6 guys in the pocket to be certain he doesn't get much.  And he still gets 3 or more yards. Pretty good. 

  • Crow's one exceptional attribute is accelerating into the hole.

    The "catch" is that the hole has to be where it was drawn up.

    I think the reason we've not seen Dayes is his poor blocking.

  • I get we are still trying to get 1 win, but we know Crow won't be here next year and Dayes looks like he has a spot on the roster as a kick returner. What would be best for the franchise is to see how Duke Johnson does with a higher work load (the fact he isn't getting at least 50% of the carries is mind boggling), and to see how Dayes does with at least 5 to 10 carries the rest of the season. 

  • Ask the Gipper how often Crowell runs it up the gut on 1st and 10.

    WSS

  • I don't think Duke can handle a much bigger load. He still volunteers for substitution alot ESPECIALLY after a big run or catch play.

  • Crowell has been caught from behind on plays that should be touchdowns as often as Joe Haden slips and falls down on your home field.

    Plus no rb benefits more than ripping off 30-40 yrd runs. 10 runs for 10 yards and then rips one for 34 on a play that should be a TD then everyone is like "well he averaging 4 yrds a carry" not even mentioning 4of his 11 carries go for 0- neg yards on 1st and second down

  • Sorry just not that high on a guy that has only 3 TDs from outside the red zone in his whole career.  Hell Trent Richardson had 3 in his rookie season alone.

  • Look im not a huge crow fan. I think he's a tweener and we could potentially draft a true power back in the offseason that scares people. That being said, wtf are u all talking about? Crows bern running pretty decent.

    Yes when things stack up near the goal line our running game stalls but that also is partly on the o line. I mean for sure isish crowell is one of the players least responsible for our woes. I wouldnt hate it if he was on the team next year but obviously think that a true mook like that bama kid is a better compliment to duke and/or dayes

  • What I love is Crowell getting handed the ball, he takes a step and is instantly nailed by two defenders, and people on here instantly post: "CROW IS A BUM, HE'S BLIND!"

    Yet when the same thing happens to Duke, not a word is uttered.

    I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crow's instagram pic from last year. Nothing at all. It's because the guy who averaged damn near 5 yards a carry last season has all the sudden gone Ray Charles.

    @dutch-oven said:

    What I love is Crowell getting handed the ball, he takes a step and is instantly nailed by two defenders, and people on here instantly post: "CROW IS A BUM, HE'S BLIND!"

    Yet when the same thing happens to Duke, not a word is uttered.

    I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crow's instagram pic from last year. Nothing at all. It's because the guy who averaged damn near 5 yards a carry last season has all the sudden gone Ray Charles.

    Back to the instagram pic SMH!! I doubt anyone here is stupid enough to not understand it's not on him when he's hit instantly in the backfield. Care to comment on the other 90% of the time when there are semi sized lanes he ignores as he crawls up the butt of the lineman in front of him? Then there's his balance, imagine him trying to do a pin move like Dayes, LOL he'd fall down immediately. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What I love is Crowell getting handed the ball, he takes a step and is instantly nailed by two defenders, and people on here instantly post: "CROW IS A BUM, HE'S BLIND!"

    Yet when the same thing happens to Duke, not a word is uttered.

    I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crow's instagram pic from last year. Nothing at all. It's because the guy who averaged damn near 5 yards a carry last season has all the sudden gone Ray Charles.

    Back to the instagram pic SMH!! I doubt anyone here is stupid enough to not understand it's not on him when he's hit instantly in the backfield. Care to comment on the other 90% of the time when there are semi sized lanes he ignores as he crawls up the butt of the lineman in front of him? Then there's his balance, imagine him trying to do a pin move like Dayes, LOL he'd fall down immediately. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Back to the instagram pic SMH!! I doubt anyone here is stupid enough to not understand it's not on him when he's hit instantly in the backfield. Care to comment on the other 90% of the time when there are semi sized lanes he ignores as he crawls up the butt of the lineman in front of him? Then there's his balance, imagine him trying to do a pin move like Dayes, LOL he'd fall down immediately. 

    I sure do love a good pin move, for sure.

  • What I love is Crowell getting handed the ball, he takes a step and is instantly nailed by two defenders, and people on here instantly post: "CROW IS A BUM, HE'S BLIND!"

    Yet when the same thing happens to Duke, not a word is uttered.

    I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crow's instagram pic from last year. Nothing at all. It's because the guy who averaged damn near 5 yards a carry last season has all the sudden gone Ray Charles.

    @dutch-oven said:

    What I love is Crowell getting handed the ball, he takes a step and is instantly nailed by two defenders, and people on here instantly post: "CROW IS A BUM, HE'S BLIND!"

    Yet when the same thing happens to Duke, not a word is uttered.

    I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crow's instagram pic from last year. Nothing at all. It's because the guy who averaged damn near 5 yards a carry last season has all the sudden gone Ray Charles.

    He’s been that way for a long time. Has nothing to do with the picture. In fact I’d say this fan base has been more forgiving than expected with that. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What I love is Crowell getting handed the ball, he takes a step and is instantly nailed by two defenders, and people on here instantly post: "CROW IS A BUM, HE'S BLIND!"

    Yet when the same thing happens to Duke, not a word is uttered.

    I'm sure it has nothing to do with Crow's instagram pic from last year. Nothing at all. It's because the guy who averaged damn near 5 yards a carry last season has all the sudden gone Ray Charles.

    He’s been that way for a long time. Has nothing to do with the picture. In fact I’d say this fan base has been more forgiving than expected with that. 

    @wargograw said:

    He’s been that way for a long time. Has nothing to do with the picture. In fact I’d say this fan base has been more forgiving than expected with that. 

    Nah... this fan base just saw 900+ yards rushing at season's end and did not ask, "How?"

    I'll say it again... Crow is a good back, very good in the right system, and IMO is the most complete back on our roster, but he is flawed and can be improved upon.