Skip to content

Is Hue Jackson the answer?

The Browns Board
80 27 2.5k
  • Hue should be let go and Dorsey should hire his own coach.  A good coach doesn't lose a game entering the fourth quarter leading by two TDs and your top receiver is barely thrown to the entire second half.

  • Option 3 for me please - Hue = Offensive Coordinator.

  • If the question is: "What coach has lost 28 of his first 29 games as a Browns head coach?" -  then yes, Huey is the answer.  

    @d-bone said:

    If the question is: "What coach has lost 28 of his first 29 games as a Browns head coach?" -  then yes, Huey is the answer.  

    Exactly...

    He should be shown the door tonight.    Screw him.   Any one of us would be at worst...1 game worse as a HC then this loser.  

  • @d-bone said:

    If the question is: "What coach has lost 28 of his first 29 games as a Browns head coach?" -  then yes, Huey is the answer.  

    Exactly...

    He should be shown the door tonight.    Screw him.   Any one of us would be at worst...1 game worse as a HC then this loser.  

    @mark-o said:

    Exactly...

    He should be shown the door tonight.    Screw him.   Any one of us would be at worst...1 game worse as a HC then this loser.  

    It really is amazing that the dude is still here....... I'm sitting here watching Pederson and McVay go at it and it makes it even more baffling. 

  • I'm still going incomplete.  I think it is really hard to evaluate a coach when the players don't seem to be very good.  If you are in the Tavern during the game you see people say Garrett stinks, Coleman stinks, Kizer stinks, Peppers stinks, Gonzales stinks, Shon Coleman stinks, Boddy-Calhoun stinks, on and on but at the very end Hue Jackson's fault.  It's the reverse of the political forum.  

    I do think he deserves some blame because these players act awful Socky when the make one play for an 0-13 team but that seems to be the modern athlete.

  • At  This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC

  • At  This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC

    @stillmotion said:

    At  This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC

    I think anyone could say that a coach is the one that gets the best out of their players. A good coach is someone who makes the players that you considered bad look good, and the good great. Because that's the kind of thing you need to get a Superbowl. 

    And I repeat myself, but I don't think Hue gets the best of his players. 

    I was all in for continuity, but if Sashi is gone, then Hue, who in my opinion is more responsible for the current situation, might be better gone too. 

  • At  This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC

    @stillmotion said:

    At  This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC

    Exactly, Chip Kelly said one of the hallmarks of the NFL is that 45% of games are determined by 7 points or less. If Hue can't do that he shouldn't be coaching in the NFL especially with a two TD lead.

  • From Britt's Agent:

    Capture.PNG

  • From Britt's Agent:

    Capture.PNG

    @d-bone said:

    From Britt's Agent:

    Capture.PNG

    C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick?  He was pedestrian this season.  Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.

  • @d-bone said:

    From Britt's Agent:

    Capture.PNG

    C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick?  He was pedestrian this season.  Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.

    @baconhound said:

    C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick?  He was pedestrian this season.  Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.

    His agent had a good one. Gotta give credit when credit is due.

  • @baconhound said:

    C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick?  He was pedestrian this season.  Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.

    His agent had a good one. Gotta give credit when credit is due.

    @stillmotion said:

    His agent had a good one. Gotta give credit when credit is due.

    No he's awesome, he got his client $500,000 per catch.

  • @stillmotion said:

    His agent had a good one. Gotta give credit when credit is due.

    No he's awesome, he got his client $500,000 per catch.

    @baconhound said:

    No he's awesome, he got his client $500,000 per catch.

    that's what i'm saying. he talked them into signing kenny and had that burn on hue. as much as one can hate kenny, that's skill.

  • hue is in over his head, trying to do too much.  either demote him to OC or find him an OC if the Browns are intent on continuity for continuity's sake and keeping him.

  • @d-bone said:

    From Britt's Agent:

    Capture.PNG

    C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick?  He was pedestrian this season.  Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.

    @baconhound said:

    C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick?  He was pedestrian this season.  Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.

    Never said anything about a measuring stick...... just threw it out here. 

  • @baconhound said:

    C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick?  He was pedestrian this season.  Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.

    Never said anything about a measuring stick...... just threw it out here. 

    @d-bone said:

    Never said anything about a measuring stick...... just threw it out here. 

    fair enough

  • @d-bone said:

    Never said anything about a measuring stick...... just threw it out here. 

    fair enough

    @baconhound said:

    fair enough

    .... but it is pretty bad when BRITT's agent can make fun of Huey. 

  • Hue came into the game with a fire under his butt... he clearly gameplanned well; however, when adjustments were made he reverted right back to his "old" self... cant finish a game from a playcalling perspective and can't handle pressure...

    Love the postgame quote... "the players did exactly what we asked them to do" ... exactly why Hue is the problem...

  • I want to see the young team have another year in the same system.

    We haven't tried continuity for a long time. How much horse could it be?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I want to see the young team have another year in the same system.

    We haven't tried continuity for a long time. How much horse could it be?

    WSS

    Don't whine about the staff all season and then whine more that they're fired. Come on. You should be happy. The bums are gone, right?

    @d-bone said:

    It really is amazing that the dude is still here....... I'm sitting here watching Pederson and McVay go at it and it makes it even more baffling. 

    Probably pimping Ben McAdoo last season too.

    @d-bone said:

    From Britt's Agent:

    Capture.PNG

    It's a critique of the fact that Hue keeps leaking to the media. Nothing more. I don't know how you guys aren't seeing that.

    @thenew23 said:

    Hue came into the game with a fire under his butt... he clearly gameplanned well; however, when adjustments were made he reverted right back to his "old" self... cant finish a game from a playcalling perspective and can't handle pressure...

    Love the postgame quote... "the players did exactly what we asked them to do" ... exactly why Hue is the problem...

    Or we need more experienced/better players?

  • @westside-steve said:

    I want to see the young team have another year in the same system.

    We haven't tried continuity for a long time. How much horse could it be?

    WSS

    Don't whine about the staff all season and then whine more that they're fired. Come on. You should be happy. The bums are gone, right?

    @d-bone said:

    It really is amazing that the dude is still here....... I'm sitting here watching Pederson and McVay go at it and it makes it even more baffling. 

    Probably pimping Ben McAdoo last season too.

    @d-bone said:

    From Britt's Agent:

    Capture.PNG

    It's a critique of the fact that Hue keeps leaking to the media. Nothing more. I don't know how you guys aren't seeing that.

    @thenew23 said:

    Hue came into the game with a fire under his butt... he clearly gameplanned well; however, when adjustments were made he reverted right back to his "old" self... cant finish a game from a playcalling perspective and can't handle pressure...

    Love the postgame quote... "the players did exactly what we asked them to do" ... exactly why Hue is the problem...

    Or we need more experienced/better players?

    @wargograw said:

    Or we need more experienced/better players?

    The rams needed a better coach