Skip to content

Hue vs Pettine

The Browns Board
41 19 1.3k
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #1

    At this same stage of their HC careers with the Browns Hue is currently 10 wins behind Mike Pettine. 

    TEN

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #2

    ..... but we have to give Hue 3 more years to prove himself. 

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #3

    And how quickly the torches and pitchforks came out for Pettine.  The constant of this team over the past 10 years has been bad players but fans keep blaming the coaches.  So who is the hall of fame who the Browns lost over the last 10 years? Taylor Gabriel? TJ Ward? Travis Benjamin?  Jordan Cameron? Joe Haden?  Oh wait Jabaal Sheard played well for 2 years with the Patriots.  C'mon guys this isn't hard.

  • And how quickly the torches and pitchforks came out for Pettine.  The constant of this team over the past 10 years has been bad players but fans keep blaming the coaches.  So who is the hall of fame who the Browns lost over the last 10 years? Taylor Gabriel? TJ Ward? Travis Benjamin?  Jordan Cameron? Joe Haden?  Oh wait Jabaal Sheard played well for 2 years with the Patriots.  C'mon guys this isn't hard.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @baconhound said:

    And how quickly the torches and pitchforks came out for Pettine.  The constant of this team over the past 10 years has been bad players but fans keep blaming the coaches.  So who is the hall of fame who the Browns lost over the last 10 years? Taylor Gabriel? TJ Ward? Travis Benjamin?  Jordan Cameron? Joe Haden?  Oh wait Jabaal Sheard played well for 2 years with the Patriots.  C'mon guys this isn't hard.

    But I thought the FO was handing the coaches lots of young talent via the draft? 

    Damn, I guess it's hard to pin point why the Browns are now 1-28 under the current rebuild....... I guess that's a positive? 

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Pet got a raw deal.

    Got saddled with a drunk midget for a QB.

    Had the worst GM the Browns have had... maybe ever.

    Got handed a team that just had a new coach the previous season...

    And still had them competing in his first year.

    Pet's biggest mistake was that he wouldn't take the Defensive over from his boy O'Neil. And that cost him... big time.

    I was all for giving him more time. 

    But I'm not sure I can give Hue the same...

  • And how quickly the torches and pitchforks came out for Pettine.  The constant of this team over the past 10 years has been bad players but fans keep blaming the coaches.  So who is the hall of fame who the Browns lost over the last 10 years? Taylor Gabriel? TJ Ward? Travis Benjamin?  Jordan Cameron? Joe Haden?  Oh wait Jabaal Sheard played well for 2 years with the Patriots.  C'mon guys this isn't hard.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @baconhound said:

    And how quickly the torches and pitchforks came out for Pettine.  The constant of this team over the past 10 years has been bad players but fans keep blaming the coaches.  So who is the hall of fame who the Browns lost over the last 10 years? Taylor Gabriel? TJ Ward? Travis Benjamin?  Jordan Cameron? Joe Haden?  Oh wait Jabaal Sheard played well for 2 years with the Patriots.  C'mon guys this isn't hard.

    I thought Pettine should've gotten more time.    I'm done with Huey Cueball. 

  • @baconhound said:

    And how quickly the torches and pitchforks came out for Pettine.  The constant of this team over the past 10 years has been bad players but fans keep blaming the coaches.  So who is the hall of fame who the Browns lost over the last 10 years? Taylor Gabriel? TJ Ward? Travis Benjamin?  Jordan Cameron? Joe Haden?  Oh wait Jabaal Sheard played well for 2 years with the Patriots.  C'mon guys this isn't hard.

    I thought Pettine should've gotten more time.    I'm done with Huey Cueball. 

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @mark-o said:

    I thought Pettine should've gotten more time.    I'm done with Huey Cueball. 

    Again for what?  Having terrible players.  I don't know how so many fans have been convinced that the complete lack of talent in this franchise is on the coaches.  Where are the home grown players that left the last 10 years we are really regretting?  I'm as frustrated as the next guy but this isn't Atlanta where Shanahan leaves and your QB goes from MVP to mediocre.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Did we stop throwing to Gordon in the 2nd half? 

  • @mark-o said:

    I thought Pettine should've gotten more time.    I'm done with Huey Cueball. 

    Again for what?  Having terrible players.  I don't know how so many fans have been convinced that the complete lack of talent in this franchise is on the coaches.  Where are the home grown players that left the last 10 years we are really regretting?  I'm as frustrated as the next guy but this isn't Atlanta where Shanahan leaves and your QB goes from MVP to mediocre.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @baconhound said:

    Again for what?  Having terrible players.  I don't know how so many fans have been convinced that the complete lack of talent in this franchise is on the coaches.  Where are the home grown players that left the last 10 years we are really regretting?  I'm as frustrated as the next guy but this isn't Atlanta where Shanahan leaves and your QB goes from MVP to mediocre.

    I think he's a bad coach.   I watch every game and I think is decision making is poor.  I think the game is moving too fast for him to be calling plays and be the head coach of the team.  That's why he wastes his time outs in nearly every single game.   The only positive that I see for him is that the team hasn't quit on him.  But that's hardly a reason to keep a guy who has the worst 2 year record in NFL history.

  • @baconhound said:

    Again for what?  Having terrible players.  I don't know how so many fans have been convinced that the complete lack of talent in this franchise is on the coaches.  Where are the home grown players that left the last 10 years we are really regretting?  I'm as frustrated as the next guy but this isn't Atlanta where Shanahan leaves and your QB goes from MVP to mediocre.

    I think he's a bad coach.   I watch every game and I think is decision making is poor.  I think the game is moving too fast for him to be calling plays and be the head coach of the team.  That's why he wastes his time outs in nearly every single game.   The only positive that I see for him is that the team hasn't quit on him.  But that's hardly a reason to keep a guy who has the worst 2 year record in NFL history.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mark-o said:

    I think he's a bad coach.   I watch every game and I think is decision making is poor.  I think the game is moving too fast for him to be calling plays and be the head coach of the team.  That's why he wastes his time outs in nearly every single game.   The only positive that I see for him is that the team hasn't quit on him.  But that's hardly a reason to keep a guy who has the worst 2 year record in NFL history.

    That shovel pass today was a great call.  When the offense has caught passes, thrown accurate balls and blocked they've scored.  The offense has looked better with the addition of Gordon.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Nothing is Hue’s fault. If he admits everything is his fault and keeps saying he came here to win and hasn’t done that yet, then fire his butt. He’s 1-28. 1 and freaking 28. There’s a chance you and I could win one game out of 29. This is absurd, and I can’t take it anymore.

  • B blitzz2 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    You don't fire the players, in the end, it falls on the coaches shoulders. Hue has to go. Mental lapses,piss poor clock management, suspect play calling, just seems overwhelmed. 1-28  nuff said.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #13

    If Hue was white he would be fired already.

  • Nothing is Hue’s fault. If he admits everything is his fault and keeps saying he came here to win and hasn’t done that yet, then fire his butt. He’s 1-28. 1 and freaking 28. There’s a chance you and I could win one game out of 29. This is absurd, and I can’t take it anymore.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @stillmotion said:

    Nothing is Hue’s fault. If he admits everything is his fault and keeps saying he came here to win and hasn’t done that yet, then fire his butt. He’s 1-28. 1 and freaking 28. There’s a chance you and I could win one game out of 29. This is absurd, and I can’t take it anymore.

    Again, is this the political discussion forum?  It's not his fault entirely but he's not blameless either.  The whole coaching staff has a responsibility to get guys ready to play and out them in a position to be successful.  Since I think it's a mistake to fire him I'm not saying he's done everything correct.  When this team executes they don't look horrible but they don't execute.  If I were a Falcons fan I'd be upset about coaching.

  • B blitzz2 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    And there it is ..the proverbial elephant in the room...don't want to say I agree, but who knows.

  • @stillmotion said:

    Nothing is Hue’s fault. If he admits everything is his fault and keeps saying he came here to win and hasn’t done that yet, then fire his butt. He’s 1-28. 1 and freaking 28. There’s a chance you and I could win one game out of 29. This is absurd, and I can’t take it anymore.

    Again, is this the political discussion forum?  It's not his fault entirely but he's not blameless either.  The whole coaching staff has a responsibility to get guys ready to play and out them in a position to be successful.  Since I think it's a mistake to fire him I'm not saying he's done everything correct.  When this team executes they don't look horrible but they don't execute.  If I were a Falcons fan I'd be upset about coaching.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @baconhound said:

    Again, is this the political discussion forum?  It's not his fault entirely but he's not blameless either.  The whole coaching staff has a responsibility to get guys ready to play and out them in a position to be successful.  Since I think it's a mistake to fire him I'm not saying he's done everything correct.  When this team executes they don't look horrible but they don't execute.  If I were a Falcons fan I'd be upset about coaching.

    Yeah but you’re making excuses again for him. 1-9 in close 4th quarter games is on him. We hold our coaches to historically low standards. 

  • If Hue was white he would be fired already.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    If Hue was white he would be fired already.

    #whitetrashlivesmattertoo

  • At this same stage of their HC careers with the Browns Hue is currently 10 wins behind Mike Pettine. 

    TEN

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @londonbrown said:

    At this same stage of their HC careers with the Browns Hue is currently 10 wins behind Mike Pettine. 

    TEN

    Mike Pettine had the luxury of Johnny Football.

    😄

    WSS

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #19

    What do you think Vince Lombardi would say when his pot smoking/dealing, often suspended WR, catches his first TD pass after missing almost 3 years due being suspended runs to the sidelines and puts on sunglasses?  I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be nice catch.  I understand it's a different era but it's a different era.  Coleman and Gordon are rocking shades on 0-13 team like they are at the U.  If I were the coach I'd put an end to it and then the players would get me fired.  I digress but I think it's hard enough to coach a talented team with depth but even harder to coach a bunch of bums.

  • @baconhound said:

    Again, is this the political discussion forum?  It's not his fault entirely but he's not blameless either.  The whole coaching staff has a responsibility to get guys ready to play and out them in a position to be successful.  Since I think it's a mistake to fire him I'm not saying he's done everything correct.  When this team executes they don't look horrible but they don't execute.  If I were a Falcons fan I'd be upset about coaching.

    Yeah but you’re making excuses again for him. 1-9 in close 4th quarter games is on him. We hold our coaches to historically low standards. 

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @stillmotion said:

    Yeah but you’re making excuses again for him. 1-9 in close 4th quarter games is on him. We hold our coaches to historically low standards. 

    I blame coaches for losses when they make the bad call.  Butch Davis cost the Browns a playoff win.  Pete Carroll and Dan Quinn lost Super Bowls because of calls.  I don't see the same issues on this team.  In today's game there was a point in the 3rd quarter where our bend but don't break defense was hurting us but if you give up 21 points a game you are a top 14 NFL Defense.  I'm a big believer in complete football.  If your offense fails to move the ball it puts pressure on your defense.  When your defense can't stop anyone it puts your offense in a "pass mode" which makes you one dimensional.  This team is shaky on both sides of the ball but I'm one of the few that views this as a lack of talent.  If I was coaching Mercer and they put me in the Big 10 I'd expect to get destroyed a lot and lose close games to bad conference teams.