Skip to content

Net Neutrality

Political Discussion
81 12 3.6k
  • Well the cliff notes are simply that this is a deregulation  move that  feeds mega monopolies like Comcast, AT&T, etc. There are pros and cons to deregulation, but the general gist is larger corporations get an edge. Expect (I hope not) your communications bill to increase more than say a COLA.

    I'll get beat up a bit for writing this, but hey, here goes:

    A principal of communism is to have authoritarian control over politics and the economy. Well, the serious conservatives label the far left as communists, and it's basically accepted, hardly debated. Think about this though..the White House, Senate, and House are all under one party's "control." They are implementing policies that are reshaping the economy (as they should, in fairness, IF it's deemed broken).

    As an American 1st, and a moderate D second, it worries me but let's see how it pans out. It may be more of a flaw in capitalism than say a political party, but the wealthy 2% control about 95% of the economy. Let's just hope this does MAGA, and not just line people's pockets.

  • The capitalism vs communism debate was always loaded and rigged. We're not capitalists. Never were

  • Bob's right. Even though we are not pure communists we share that with them as we probably do with any other powerful governments no matter what style they take. Control the media you control the country.

    WSS

  • Bob's right. Even though we are not pure communists we share that with them as we probably do with any other powerful governments no matter what style they take. Control the media you control the country.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Bob's right. Even though we are not pure communists we share that with them as we probably do with any other powerful governments no matter what style they take. Control the media you control the country.

    WSS

    Wut exactly is the difference between an elected govt controlling the media vs a cabal of wealthy individuals who iwn everything and overlay all media with their own corporate interests? 

    In the end its a few people fukking over alot of people for their own personal gain. Corporate america runs our economy just the same way the ole ussr ran theirs. They decide who gets in on the fun and who doesnt. That situation was the whole reason our govt was formed in the first place to prevent from happening. But everytime some govt agency gets in on these guys they run screaming to their media outlets and we hear "communism communism communism".

    Like this sht with the consumer protection agency. If they overstepped their charter than fine, put a check on them. But everyone on one side of the aisle wants to shut down these agencies that while not perfect, are sometimes the only check to profound corporate corruption. The kind that caused the 07 crash. The day i start hearing republicans talk about overhauling an agency so it does better at orotecting the american people ergo protecting capitalism, ill vote republican again....srsly. But all they wanna do is deregulate everything cause u know companies woyldnt dream of doing Sheet like dumping industrial chems in the sewers or sht like that. Oh wait they would i witnessed it personally at a former job. 

    When companies look around and dont feel they're being watched, they cut corners like its sport. And they give no fuks if it hurts people so long as sht cant be traced to them

  • You might want to condense your rant just a little bit Cleve. Like I said earlier about fascism no theoretical form of government is inherently evil. And any form of theoretical government can be made Evil by human nature. 

    You never hear me complain about communism beyond the fact that I believe that human nature itself will make it unworkable. Everybody wants more than everybody else and the people at the top of the party want Power. Same with a republic same with a pure democracy...

    But there's always the possibility that if the FCC wants to punish somebody it's pretty easy to do. And they control everything right now. And to be honest with you I don't see how that is changing or what we could do to change it. What do you think?

    WSS

  • You might want to condense your rant just a little bit Cleve. Like I said earlier about fascism no theoretical form of government is inherently evil. And any form of theoretical government can be made Evil by human nature. 

    You never hear me complain about communism beyond the fact that I believe that human nature itself will make it unworkable. Everybody wants more than everybody else and the people at the top of the party want Power. Same with a republic same with a pure democracy...

    But there's always the possibility that if the FCC wants to punish somebody it's pretty easy to do. And they control everything right now. And to be honest with you I don't see how that is changing or what we could do to change it. What do you think?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You never hear me complain about communism beyond the fact that I believe that human nature itself will make it unworkable. 

    Human nature makes capitalism unworkable too

  • @westside-steve said:

    You never hear me complain about communism beyond the fact that I believe that human nature itself will make it unworkable. 

    Human nature makes capitalism unworkable too

    @clevfan4life said:

    Human nature makes capitalism unworkable too

    I agree with you 100%. every form of government Falls prey to Human Nature.

    WSS

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Human nature makes capitalism unworkable too

    I agree with you 100%. every form of government Falls prey to Human Nature.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I agree with you 100%. every form of government Falls prey to Human Nature.

    WSS

    Which is why the only form of govt that works is one that is compleyely and utterly seperated from the free market. Money destroys everything

  • I kinda don't care. I can't stream anything anyway because rural internet is basically garbage. 

  • https://finance.yahoo.com/news/senators-last-ditch-effort-halt-210200029.html

    How is it possible for the FCC to be able to repeal Net Neutrality while politicians, senators, and our government sits and act like they can do nothing about it.  How can the Chairman, Ajit Pai, enact something while the government acts helpless to do anything.  

    @brownskidd said:

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/senators-last-ditch-effort-halt-210200029.html

    How is it possible for the FCC to be able to repeal Net Neutrality while politicians, senators, and our government sits and act like they can do nothing about it.  How can the Chairman, Ajit Pai, enact something while the government acts helpless to do anything.  

    Because these departments should have complete autonomy and authority when their agenda aligns with policies you'd support.  They should be abolished if they support an agenda contrary to your beliefs.

  • I kinda don't care. I can't stream anything anyway because rural internet is basically garbage. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I kinda don't care. I can't stream anything anyway because rural internet is basically garbage. 

    Is that HughesNet worth a damn?

    WSS

  • Even though some people would like to paint this as the end of the world as we know it pretty soon there will be a new breakthrough and this shitt will look like who controls the tin cans and strings.

    WSS

  • It will revert back to the way it was pre 2015.  Anything that reverses something that Obummer did, I'm all for.

  • It will revert back to the way it was pre 2015.  Anything that reverses something that Obummer did, I'm all for.

  • It will revert back to the way it was pre 2015.  Anything that reverses something that Obummer did, I'm all for.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    It will revert back to the way it was pre 2015.  Anything that reverses something that Obummer did, I'm all for.

    Let me know how much your bill goes up in 6 months.  

    Also I'll make sure to PM Stan to see what additional costs will be tacked on to this board as well.

  • Even though some people would like to paint this as the end of the world as we know it pretty soon there will be a new breakthrough and this shitt will look like who controls the tin cans and strings.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    ugh and this shitt will look like who controls the tin cans and strings.

    😆😆  Ok, sweetheart.       

    Oh and that FCC youtube video Cal linked, what a Shmucking joke.   

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I kinda don't care. I can't stream anything anyway because rural internet is basically garbage. 

    Is that HughesNet worth a damn?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Is that HughesNet worth a damn?

    WSS

    Not at all. Garbage.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    It will revert back to the way it was pre 2015.  Anything that reverses something that Obummer did, I'm all for.

    Let me know how much your bill goes up in 6 months.  

    Also I'll make sure to PM Stan to see what additional costs will be tacked on to this board as well.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Let me know how much your bill goes up in 6 months.  

    Also I'll make sure to PM Stan to see what additional costs will be tacked on to this board as well.

    Why?  This is just reverting back to the way it was before.  

  • Oh my good heavens the unfounded alarmist doom-criers