New Roster Additions
-
Im almost positive now williams had a personal issue with schult or there was something lockeroom centered why they havent brought him back. Guarantee he's better than this edwards guy who's 5 years in but has only made one start.
-
Im almost positive now williams had a personal issue with schult or there was something lockeroom centered why they havent brought him back. Guarantee he's better than this edwards guy who's 5 years in but has only made one start.
Im almost positive now williams had a personal issue with schult or there was something lockeroom centered why they havent brought him back. Guarantee he's better than this edwards guy who's 5 years in but has only made one start.
I know nutt-thing...but Santa made Rock’em Sock’em Robots in Bosa Red & Karter Schultz Northern Iowa Blue..make sure you ask him for one
-
"Edwards is 6-4, 271 pounds and in his fifth NFL season out of Louisiana State. Originally selected by Tennessee in the fifth round of the 2013 draft, Edwards has appeared in 22 games with one start. He has recorded 21 tackles, two sacks and two passes defensed. He has appeared in in games with Tennessee (2013), Dallas (2014), Chicago (2015), Carolina (2016) and Indianapolis (2016). He is a native of New Orleans, La. He will wear No. 92."
thats the guy we brought up for depth at DE?
"Edwards is 6-4, 271 pounds and in his fifth NFL season out of Louisiana State. Originally selected by Tennessee in the fifth round of the 2013 draft, Edwards has appeared in 22 games with one start. He has recorded 21 tackles, two sacks and two passes defensed. He has appeared in in games with Tennessee (2013), Dallas (2014), Chicago (2015), Carolina (2016) and Indianapolis (2016). He is a native of New Orleans, La. He will wear No. 92."
thats the guy we brought up for depth at DE?
Who calls it Louisiana State? I bet a woman wrote that article.
-
"Edwards is 6-4, 271 pounds and in his fifth NFL season out of Louisiana State. Originally selected by Tennessee in the fifth round of the 2013 draft, Edwards has appeared in 22 games with one start. He has recorded 21 tackles, two sacks and two passes defensed. He has appeared in in games with Tennessee (2013), Dallas (2014), Chicago (2015), Carolina (2016) and Indianapolis (2016). He is a native of New Orleans, La. He will wear No. 92."
thats the guy we brought up for depth at DE?
Who calls it Louisiana State? I bet a woman wrote that article.
Who calls it Louisiana State? I bet a woman wrote that article.
Lots of people call it that...because that is what it is. What would you call it?
-
Don't go reading anything into smoke signals.. Bottom of the roster churn is a crapshoot at best.
-
Who calls it Louisiana State? I bet a woman wrote that article.
Lots of people call it that...because that is what it is. What would you call it?
Lots of people call it that...because that is what it is. What would you call it?
LSWho?
-
Who calls it Louisiana State? I bet a woman wrote that article.
Lots of people call it that...because that is what it is. What would you call it?
Lots of people call it that...because that is what it is. What would you call it?
LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.
-
Lots of people call it that...because that is what it is. What would you call it?
LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.
LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.
They didn't know how to spell Lousyanna.

-
Im almost positive now williams had a personal issue with schult or there was something lockeroom centered why they havent brought him back. Guarantee he's better than this edwards guy who's 5 years in but has only made one start.
Im almost positive now williams had a personal issue with schult or there was something lockeroom centered why they havent brought him back. Guarantee he's better than this edwards guy who's 5 years in but has only made one start.
Wrong...Williams told Schult they would bring him back if a spot opened up. He loved Karters motor and work ethic. Mystery to many...he has a workout with the Chiefs coming up. GM's are so hung up on prototypical size now days its crazy. Even though he is basically the same size as Everson Griffen from the Vikings.
-
Lots of people call it that...because that is what it is. What would you call it?
LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.
LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.
It is more often called LSU, sure. But it is also often called Louisiana State. Because that is what it is. Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU.
When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of? Ohio State.
-
LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.
It is more often called LSU, sure. But it is also often called Louisiana State. Because that is what it is. Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU.
When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of? Ohio State.
It is more often called LSU, sure. But it is also often called Louisiana State. Because that is what it is. Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU.
When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of? Ohio State.
I thought OSU was only Ohio State, indeed.
-
It is more often called LSU, sure. But it is also often called Louisiana State. Because that is what it is. Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU.
When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of? Ohio State.
I thought OSU was only Ohio State, indeed.
I thought OSU was only Ohio State, indeed.
There is Oklahoma State, and Oregon State. And in theory these are major programs in P5 conferences. And maybe that is why you hear "Ohio State" more often than "Louisiana State".
It is simply a matter of the fact there there are no other states in the US that begin with the letter L.
E.g. If someone says "MSU" there could be a lot of confusion. Because Michigan State and Mississippi State are both fairly even programs. (there is also a Missouri State....but that program plays on a much lower level).
But, with the "Os" Ohio State is by far the dominant program....and nearly everyone would think of them when you say OSU...as opposed to the other two "OSUs"
-
what this means is...
sashi was too arrogant to listen to the coaches. Now, they have a GM who listens. Excellent improvement.
Just wait and see the difference next year during the draft.
Is that the Infowars Sports take?
What it means is our new GM is churning the bottom of the roster and putting his thumb prints on it... likely against the advice of the FO apparatus.
All the additions are from 2015 or earlier... back when Dorsey had a job... guys he looked at then and obviously liked better than those he released.
Maybe they are good moves... maybe not, but there's no reason to disparage Sashi.
Is that the Infowars Sports take?
What it means is our new GM is churning the bottom of the roster and putting his thumb prints on it... likely against the advice of the FO apparatus.
All the additions are from 2015 or earlier... back when Dorsey had a job... guys he looked at then and obviously liked better than those he released.
Maybe they are good moves... maybe not, but there's no reason to disparage Sashi.
I like infowars. Agreed, no reason to kick Sashi while he's down, but screw what the FO thinks. As Gip posted in another thread, other non-performers (brought in by the analytics guys) are next out the door, like Lewis and Higgins. Yeah, they thought they had a chance of getting another Antonio Brown in the fourth round...
Sure looks like the football guys were being ignored. Care to explain away why Britt was the first dud out the door after Sashi? Don't know about you- Dorsey visited the locker room after the GB loss. apparently he saw something. Hue "the walking press leak" has already inferred it's a lot easier to talk with Dorsey about football stuff than Sashi. MHO Brown stonewalled Hue when the coach said I want this guy out of here, I don't care what you think of him. Sashi major flaw = "I'm never wrong". Nah Tour it was all that consensus process.
-
I thought OSU was only Ohio State, indeed.
There is Oklahoma State, and Oregon State. And in theory these are major programs in P5 conferences. And maybe that is why you hear "Ohio State" more often than "Louisiana State".
It is simply a matter of the fact there there are no other states in the US that begin with the letter L.
E.g. If someone says "MSU" there could be a lot of confusion. Because Michigan State and Mississippi State are both fairly even programs. (there is also a Missouri State....but that program plays on a much lower level).
But, with the "Os" Ohio State is by far the dominant program....and nearly everyone would think of them when you say OSU...as opposed to the other two "OSUs"
There is Oklahoma State, and Oregon State. And in theory these are major programs in P5 conferences. And maybe that is why you hear "Ohio State" more often than "Louisiana State".
It is simply a matter of the fact there there are no other states in the US that begin with the letter L.
E.g. If someone says "MSU" there could be a lot of confusion. Because Michigan State and Mississippi State are both fairly even programs. (there is also a Missouri State....but that program plays on a much lower level).
But, with the "Os" Ohio State is by far the dominant program....and nearly everyone would think of them when you say OSU...as opposed to the other two "OSUs"
Unless you live in Oregon...
-
There is Oklahoma State, and Oregon State. And in theory these are major programs in P5 conferences. And maybe that is why you hear "Ohio State" more often than "Louisiana State".
It is simply a matter of the fact there there are no other states in the US that begin with the letter L.
E.g. If someone says "MSU" there could be a lot of confusion. Because Michigan State and Mississippi State are both fairly even programs. (there is also a Missouri State....but that program plays on a much lower level).
But, with the "Os" Ohio State is by far the dominant program....and nearly everyone would think of them when you say OSU...as opposed to the other two "OSUs"
Unless you live in Oregon...
Unless you live in Oregon...
Or Oklahoma. That is what I said above.
Or perhaps, as you may know, Oklahoma State was once called Oklahoma A&M. I think they changed in the late 50s. Prior to that however, they won a couple of national Championships in basketball as Oklahoma A&M....when Hank Iba was their coach.
Beyond that, there are still a few "A&M" schools out there besides Texas A&M. There is also Alabama A&M, Florida A&M, Prairie View A&M.
....and get this...the school we have been talking about, LSU....is actually fully and officially called Louisiana State and Agricultural and Mechanical College:
Louisiana State University (officially Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, commonly referred to as LSU) is a public coeducational universitylocated in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.[7] The university was founded in 1853 in what is now known as Pineville, Louisiana, under the name Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy. The current LSU main campus was dedicated in 1926, consists of more than 250 buildings constructed in the style of Italian Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio, and occupies a 650-acre (2.6 km²) plateau on the banks of the Mississippi River.
-
Is that the Infowars Sports take?
What it means is our new GM is churning the bottom of the roster and putting his thumb prints on it... likely against the advice of the FO apparatus.
All the additions are from 2015 or earlier... back when Dorsey had a job... guys he looked at then and obviously liked better than those he released.
Maybe they are good moves... maybe not, but there's no reason to disparage Sashi.
I like infowars. Agreed, no reason to kick Sashi while he's down, but screw what the FO thinks. As Gip posted in another thread, other non-performers (brought in by the analytics guys) are next out the door, like Lewis and Higgins. Yeah, they thought they had a chance of getting another Antonio Brown in the fourth round...
Sure looks like the football guys were being ignored. Care to explain away why Britt was the first dud out the door after Sashi? Don't know about you- Dorsey visited the locker room after the GB loss. apparently he saw something. Hue "the walking press leak" has already inferred it's a lot easier to talk with Dorsey about football stuff than Sashi. MHO Brown stonewalled Hue when the coach said I want this guy out of here, I don't care what you think of him. Sashi major flaw = "I'm never wrong". Nah Tour it was all that consensus process.
-
LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.
It is more often called LSU, sure. But it is also often called Louisiana State. Because that is what it is. Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU.
When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of? Ohio State.
It is more often called LSU, sure. But it is also often called Louisiana State. Because that is what it is. Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU.
When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of? Ohio State.
I’d say that’s conjecture at best. I was born in South Carolina, lived the south my entire life, raised by a family of Ohioans and still think Oklahoma State is OSU.
They both own the trademark jointly, so technically they both are OSU....but I don’t think many people outside Ohio think it’s really OSU.
I also just asked the Ohio State alum I work with, who told me that nobody really calls it that anymore under the age of like 40.
It seems like more of a generational thing than a regional.
-
LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.
It is more often called LSU, sure. But it is also often called Louisiana State. Because that is what it is. Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU.
When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of? Ohio State.
It is more often called LSU, sure. But it is also often called Louisiana State. Because that is what it is. Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU.
When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of? Ohio State.
Define "often." I can think of basically no other examples than the one you cited (which I am again assuming was done by a woman and/or someone new to the game), and maybe the diplomas they give away and other official academic items.
I thought OSU was only Ohio State, indeed.
THE Ohio State University is rarely referred to as "OSU".
OSU = Ohlahoma State University
Obviously around here OSU refers to Oklahoma. Didn't know it was that way elsewhere too. I assumed there was no standard "OSU." I'm going to venture to guess that folks in California and Massachusetts and Utah and Georgia don't assume OSU refers to Ohio State. So yeah, Gipper's wrong again.
But nevertheless, the larger point was no one calls LSU Louisiana State, and Gipper arguing it is just his contrarianism, and not any actual pursuit of the truth.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login