Skip to content

New Roster Additions

The Browns Board
56 18 2.5k
  • Google "Louisiana State." The LSU website and its Wikipedia comes up. Outside of that everything on the first page is related to the state generally, not the school. 

    Type in Ohio State and it gives you a snapshot of the football team's schedule and results, Ohio State football news, and EVERY LISTING on the first page is related to the university.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @wargograw said:

    Google "Louisiana State." The LSU website and its Wikipedia comes up. Outside of that everything on the first page is related to the state generally, not the school. 

    Type in Ohio State and it gives you a snapshot of the football team's schedule and results, Ohio State football news, and EVERY LISTING on the first page is related to the university.

    Type in OSU...as I just have.....and EVERY listing on the first page refers to Ohio State.  Then about half way through the second page there is a reference to Oregon State.

    Of the first 21 listings, 20 are related to Ohio State.   #11 references Oregon State....then Oklahoma State comes up at the 22 listing.

  • @wargograw said:

    Google "Louisiana State." The LSU website and its Wikipedia comes up. Outside of that everything on the first page is related to the state generally, not the school. 

    Type in Ohio State and it gives you a snapshot of the football team's schedule and results, Ohio State football news, and EVERY LISTING on the first page is related to the university.

    Type in OSU...as I just have.....and EVERY listing on the first page refers to Ohio State.  Then about half way through the second page there is a reference to Oregon State.

    Of the first 21 listings, 20 are related to Ohio State.   #11 references Oregon State....then Oklahoma State comes up at the 22 listing.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    Type in OSU...as I just have.....and EVERY listing on the first page refers to Ohio State.  Then about half way through the second page there is a reference to Oregon State.

    Of the first 21 listings, 20 are related to Ohio State.   #11 references Oregon State....then Oklahoma State comes up at the 22 listing.

    Must be an Ohio thing... google knows where you live!

    Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

    Under "news" it's a mix of Cowboy, Buckeye and Beaver articles in that order.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Type in OSU...as I just have.....and EVERY listing on the first page refers to Ohio State.  Then about half way through the second page there is a reference to Oregon State.

    Of the first 21 listings, 20 are related to Ohio State.   #11 references Oregon State....then Oklahoma State comes up at the 22 listing.

    Must be an Ohio thing... google knows where you live!

    Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

    Under "news" it's a mix of Cowboy, Buckeye and Beaver articles in that order.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tour2ma said:

    Must be an Ohio thing... google knows where you live!

    Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

    Under "news" it's a mix of Cowboy, Buckeye and Beaver articles in that order.

    I don't know.....does it make a difference where you live when you Google something?

    Also....I think it may also matter if you capitalize OSU.    If you don't, if you put in osu....you might get more about that game.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Must be an Ohio thing... google knows where you live!

    Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

    Under "news" it's a mix of Cowboy, Buckeye and Beaver articles in that order.

    I don't know.....does it make a difference where you live when you Google something?

    Also....I think it may also matter if you capitalize OSU.    If you don't, if you put in osu....you might get more about that game.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #35

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know.....does it make a difference where you live when you Google something?

    Haven't you ever gone in a trip, let's say to México, and suddenly got, even when you were back home, adds and pop ups in Spanish? It happens the same with Google. It tries to guess it according to your location and your search history, among other data.

    This summer I went to Ukraine for 10 days and I still get adds in cyrillic sometimes.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't know.....does it make a difference where you live when you Google something?

    Haven't you ever gone in a trip, let's say to México, and suddenly got, even when you were back home, adds and pop ups in Spanish? It happens the same with Google. It tries to guess it according to your location and your search history, among other data.

    This summer I went to Ukraine for 10 days and I still get adds in cyrillic sometimes.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @nero said:

    Haven't you ever gone in a trip, let's say to México, and suddenly got, even when you were back home, adds and pop ups in Spanish? It happens the same with Google. It tries to guess it according to your location and your search history, among other data.

    This summer I went to Ukraine for 10 days and I still get adds in cyrillic sometimes.

    So, what do you get there in Spain when you Google OSU.    Do it both ways  OSU in caps, and osu in small letters.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #37

    'osu/OSU' (it shows same results to me)

    https://osu.ppy.sh/

    https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osu!

    If I search 'OSU college' it shows me 2 first about Ohio St. U, third about Oklahoma, and fourth about Oregon, but probably it's biased as IIRC I have already searched for Ohio State University before.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Must be an Ohio thing... google knows where you live!

    Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

    Under "news" it's a mix of Cowboy, Buckeye and Beaver articles in that order.

    I don't know.....does it make a difference where you live when you Google something?

    Also....I think it may also matter if you capitalize OSU.    If you don't, if you put in osu....you might get more about that game.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know.....does it make a difference where you live when you Google something?

    Also....I think it may also matter if you capitalize OSU.    If you don't, if you put in osu....you might get more about that game.

    It does. I am in West Virginia so it popped up almost exclusively Ohio State sites/articles.

  • @wargograw said:

    Define "often." I can think of basically no other examples than the one you cited (which I am again assuming was done by a woman and/or someone new to the game), and maybe the diplomas they give away and other official academic items.

    Obviously around here OSU refers to Oklahoma. Didn't know it was that way elsewhere too. I assumed there was no standard "OSU." I'm going to venture to guess that folks in California and Massachusetts and Utah and Georgia don't assume OSU refers to Ohio State. So yeah, Gipper's wrong again.

    But nevertheless, the larger point was no one calls LSU Louisiana State, and Gipper arguing it is just his contrarianism, and not any actual pursuit of the truth.

    You are proving to be a DumbAssTexan.  Yes, it is most often called LSU.///I most often call it that.  But to essentially say that it is never referred to as "Louisiana State" is just wrong and stupid. 

    As for your assumption that people in other parts of the country don't think of OSU as Ohio state....you would almost certainly be wrong.....as you are relying for your position on Boo Fagley to support you.

    Now...do you see how dumb that makes you look.

    But....go ahead.  Google just OSU and see what comes up.    Here, I will help you in case you are too dumb to google:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=OSU&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS775US775&oq=OSU&aqs=chrome..69i57.1439j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @the-gipper said:

    You are proving to be a DumbAssTexan.  Yes, it is most often called LSU.///I most often call it that.  But to essentially say that it is never referred to as "Louisiana State" is just wrong and stupid. 

    As for your assumption that people in other parts of the country don't think of OSU as Ohio state....you would almost certainly be wrong.....as you are relying for your position on Boo Fagley to support you.

    Now...do you see how dumb that makes you look.

    But....go ahead.  Google just OSU and see what comes up.    Here, I will help you in case you are too dumb to google:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=OSU&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS775US775&oq=OSU&aqs=chrome..69i57.1439j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    @tour2ma said:

    Must be an Ohio thing... google knows where you live!

    Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

    Under "news" it's a mix of Cowboy, Buckeye and Beaver articles in that order.

    Same here, Gipper. The news articles were all Ohio related but there was only one actual link going to an Ohio State page, while Oklahoma State and Oregon State both had one as well.

    Nevertheless, you're deflecting, as you completely ignored the results about googling "Louisiana State," and that's what this discussion is primarily centered around. Thanks for playing.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You are proving to be a DumbAssTexan.  Yes, it is most often called LSU.///I most often call it that.  But to essentially say that it is never referred to as "Louisiana State" is just wrong and stupid. 

    As for your assumption that people in other parts of the country don't think of OSU as Ohio state....you would almost certainly be wrong.....as you are relying for your position on Boo Fagley to support you.

    Now...do you see how dumb that makes you look.

    But....go ahead.  Google just OSU and see what comes up.    Here, I will help you in case you are too dumb to google:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=OSU&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS775US775&oq=OSU&aqs=chrome..69i57.1439j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    @tour2ma said:

    Must be an Ohio thing... google knows where you live!

    Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

    Under "news" it's a mix of Cowboy, Buckeye and Beaver articles in that order.

    Same here, Gipper. The news articles were all Ohio related but there was only one actual link going to an Ohio State page, while Oklahoma State and Oregon State both had one as well.

    Nevertheless, you're deflecting, as you completely ignored the results about googling "Louisiana State," and that's what this discussion is primarily centered around. Thanks for playing.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @wargograw said:

    Nevertheless, you're deflecting,

    He can't help it...

  • @the-gipper said:

    You are proving to be a DumbAssTexan.  Yes, it is most often called LSU.///I most often call it that.  But to essentially say that it is never referred to as "Louisiana State" is just wrong and stupid. 

    As for your assumption that people in other parts of the country don't think of OSU as Ohio state....you would almost certainly be wrong.....as you are relying for your position on Boo Fagley to support you.

    Now...do you see how dumb that makes you look.

    But....go ahead.  Google just OSU and see what comes up.    Here, I will help you in case you are too dumb to google:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=OSU&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS775US775&oq=OSU&aqs=chrome..69i57.1439j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    @tour2ma said:

    Must be an Ohio thing... google knows where you live!

    Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

    Under "news" it's a mix of Cowboy, Buckeye and Beaver articles in that order.

    Same here, Gipper. The news articles were all Ohio related but there was only one actual link going to an Ohio State page, while Oklahoma State and Oregon State both had one as well.

    Nevertheless, you're deflecting, as you completely ignored the results about googling "Louisiana State," and that's what this discussion is primarily centered around. Thanks for playing.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @wargograw said:

    Same here, Gipper. The news articles were all Ohio related but there was only one actual link going to an Ohio State page, while Oklahoma State and Oregon State both had one as well.

    Nevertheless, you're deflecting, as you completely ignored the results about googling "Louisiana State," and that's what this discussion is primarily centered around. Thanks for playing.

    You were saying that it is more often called LSU than "Louisiana State".   I never disagreed with that. But you claimed that it was NEVER called Louisiana State by anyone. Obviously that was wrong.  Thanks for playing and losing.

  • @wargograw said:

    Nevertheless, you're deflecting,

    He can't help it...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @tour2ma said:

    He can't help it...

    Losers need friends too.  It is good that you provide War a shoulder to cry on.

  • @wargograw said:

    Same here, Gipper. The news articles were all Ohio related but there was only one actual link going to an Ohio State page, while Oklahoma State and Oregon State both had one as well.

    Nevertheless, you're deflecting, as you completely ignored the results about googling "Louisiana State," and that's what this discussion is primarily centered around. Thanks for playing.

    You were saying that it is more often called LSU than "Louisiana State".   I never disagreed with that. But you claimed that it was NEVER called Louisiana State by anyone. Obviously that was wrong.  Thanks for playing and losing.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    You were saying that it is more often called LSU than "Louisiana State".   I never disagreed with that. But you claimed that it was NEVER called Louisiana State by anyone. Obviously that was wrong.  Thanks for playing and losing.

    Outside of the few context I mentioned, and this likely female reporter, that is correct.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You were saying that it is more often called LSU than "Louisiana State".   I never disagreed with that. But you claimed that it was NEVER called Louisiana State by anyone. Obviously that was wrong.  Thanks for playing and losing.

    Outside of the few context I mentioned, and this likely female reporter, that is correct.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @wargograw said:

    Outside of the few context I mentioned, and this likely female reporter, that is correct.

    When I google it....it actually comes out some as being LSU-Baton Rouge.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    6 more & Dorsey seems to find guys that were at least drafted(2 more) a 5th in DB Corey White & 6th in RB Kelvin Taylor. What do the A&M guys remember about OL Joesph Cheek? Remember some liking LB Max Bullough coming out of Michigan State?  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/12/16886568/six-more-players-signed-to-reserve-future-contracts-by-browns  

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Cheek was a legacy player @A&M. Father also played and was a 4 year pro. Been on PS with NO $ KC so Dorsey has some familiarity about his current status/potential as a player. Has to be better than Cam Erving was. LOL!

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #47

    This some activity .  like it 

  • 6 more & Dorsey seems to find guys that were at least drafted(2 more) a 5th in DB Corey White & 6th in RB Kelvin Taylor. What do the A&M guys remember about OL Joesph Cheek? Remember some liking LB Max Bullough coming out of Michigan State?  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/12/16886568/six-more-players-signed-to-reserve-future-contracts-by-browns  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @gumby73 said:

    6 more & Dorsey seems to find guys that were at least drafted(2 more) a 5th in DB Corey White & 6th in RB Kelvin Taylor.

    Remember some liking LB Max Bullough coming out of Michigan State?  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/12/16886568/six-more-players-signed-to-reserve-future-contracts-by-browns  

    Aren't drafted discards easy to find??? 😉

    I remember liking some of Bullough's tape... especially vs. the run, but his Combine was pretty soul crushing for hopes of getting any Pass D out of him as a ILB/MLB.

  • @gumby73 said:

    6 more & Dorsey seems to find guys that were at least drafted(2 more) a 5th in DB Corey White & 6th in RB Kelvin Taylor.

    Remember some liking LB Max Bullough coming out of Michigan State?  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/12/16886568/six-more-players-signed-to-reserve-future-contracts-by-browns  

    Aren't drafted discards easy to find??? 😉

    I remember liking some of Bullough's tape... especially vs. the run, but his Combine was pretty soul crushing for hopes of getting any Pass D out of him as a ILB/MLB.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #49

    @tour2ma said:

    Aren't drafted discards easy to find??? 😉

    I remember liking some of Bullough's tape... especially vs. the run, but his Combine was pretty soul crushing for hopes of getting any Pass D out of him as a ILB/MLB.

    sounds like Max could upgrade special teams & maybe grow from there with Tank now looking contract..I'd have to look at farmer/sashi getting drafted FA's.not many but sashi got OLmen Rob? Johnson.. comes to mind on expiring 1st round money..that did not last long..but he's starting somewhere..jets? 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Aren't drafted discards easy to find??? 😉

    I remember liking some of Bullough's tape... especially vs. the run, but his Combine was pretty soul crushing for hopes of getting any Pass D out of him as a ILB/MLB.

    sounds like Max could upgrade special teams & maybe grow from there with Tank now looking contract..I'd have to look at farmer/sashi getting drafted FA's.not many but sashi got OLmen Rob? Johnson.. comes to mind on expiring 1st round money..that did not last long..but he's starting somewhere..jets? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @gumby73 said:

    Rob? Johnson.. comes to mind on expiring 1st round money..that did not last long..but he's starting somewhere..jets? 

    OT Rod Johnson? 2017 draftee Roderick Johnson who spent the year on IR?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Rob? Johnson.. comes to mind on expiring 1st round money..that did not last long..but he's starting somewhere..jets? 

    OT Rod Johnson? 2017 draftee Roderick Johnson who spent the year on IR?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @tour2ma said:

    OT Rod Johnson? 2017 draftee Roderick Johnson who spent the year on IR?

    sorry my bad..OL from UNC... Jonathan Cooper was my thought that sash got..now at dallas..Now FSU's Roderick Johnson, JT's got a lot of work with that one..