The New Calfox Ultra-Stupendously MORE Ignorant than Tour's mock draft...mock draft
-
I like to think of every round's goal in three terms:
1.What pick will pizz off the ratbirds and stinking squealers?
2. What pick will have the most dramatic effect on improving the Browns?
3. Where can I really expect them to be. Marcus Allen in the second is outstanding, but he is now considered a top 15 pick by some.
So, my goal is for my mock draft to be cooler and a lot more ignorant than Tour's.
Round 1 Pick 1: Josh (Elway) Allen,qb, Wyoming....because he's my new qb. Rosen ain't chosen, Darnold should stay in schewel....
Round 1 Pick 11: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama superstar wr in the NFL
Round 2 Pick 5 Marcus Davenport, DE,UTSA This kid will terrorize offenses
Round 2 Pick 11: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn bigtime cb, hopes he's still here
Round 2 Pick 25: Justin Reid, FS/SS, Stanford Marcus Allen, fs, is now being considered a top 15 pick. But Reid is also the real deal.Round 3 Pick 1: Nick Chubb, rb, Georgia We have Duke and Hayes, Crow may leave? then we need a bruising thunder to Duke's lightning. Who knows if he will be here in round 3...
Round 3 Pick 10 (ARI): Brian O'Neil, OT, Pitt Need another OT, but hope Joe Thomas plays one more year for the wins. O'Neil is under the radar,but is outstanding..Round 4 Pick 1: Cameron Smith, ILB, Southern California I stole this pick from Tour. sorry. Can't figure out a better and more ignorant pick...
Round 4 Pick 4 Michael Gallop, wr, Colorado State This kid is a football player - Nick Stevens qb comes later
Round 4 Pick 8 (CINN): David Sills, WR, West Virginia I stole this pick from Tour, too, not sorry, already was reading about him - like this qb turned wr - loves the game.Round 4 Pick 27: Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Mississippi stole this pick from Tour, sorry again, never heard of him before.
Round 5 Pick 1: Sam Beal, cb,Western Michigan if Beal is still here, he goes on the practice squad maybe, but he can play.
Round 5 Pick 22: B.J.Hill, NT,N.C. State Big quick immoveable DL/NT for kickass goal line stands, etc, and he can also get quarterbacks.Play him next to Danny Shelton - shut down interior running game flat out kickass.Round 6 Pick 1: Nick Stevens, qb, Colorado State oustanding attitude, a bit small, Kosar-smart, watch the Saints pick him first. Think Drew Brees
Round 7 Pick 1: Skyler Phillips OG, Idaho State could be the offensive lineman steal in the draft. football...player. (6'2", 320) -
It's tough to figure, but O'Neil is outstanding, he probably will get noticed and his stock will go up. But he really is, to me,
that ot that can step in and play in the NFL. With the Browns, he won't have to... he isn't even listed in Walter's...
The problem is, he may stay in school as a senior. I'm just thinking he may come out into the NFL..so...
-
I like to think of every round's goal in three terms:
1.What pick will pizz off the ratbirds and stinking squealers?
2. What pick will have the most dramatic effect on improving the Browns?
3. Where can I really expect them to be. Marcus Allen in the second is outstanding, but he is now considered a top 15 pick by some.
So, my goal is for my mock draft to be cooler and a lot more ignorant than Tour's.
Round 1 Pick 1: Josh (Elway) Allen,qb, Wyoming....because he's my new qb. Rosen ain't chosen, Darnold should stay in schewel....
Round 1 Pick 11: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama superstar wr in the NFL
Round 2 Pick 5 Marcus Davenport, DE,UTSA This kid will terrorize offenses
Round 2 Pick 11: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn bigtime cb, hopes he's still here
Round 2 Pick 25: Justin Reid, FS/SS, Stanford Marcus Allen, fs, is now being considered a top 15 pick. But Reid is also the real deal.Round 3 Pick 1: Nick Chubb, rb, Georgia We have Duke and Hayes, Crow may leave? then we need a bruising thunder to Duke's lightning. Who knows if he will be here in round 3...
Round 3 Pick 10 (ARI): Brian O'Neil, OT, Pitt Need another OT, but hope Joe Thomas plays one more year for the wins. O'Neil is under the radar,but is outstanding..Round 4 Pick 1: Cameron Smith, ILB, Southern California I stole this pick from Tour. sorry. Can't figure out a better and more ignorant pick...
Round 4 Pick 4 Michael Gallop, wr, Colorado State This kid is a football player - Nick Stevens qb comes later
Round 4 Pick 8 (CINN): David Sills, WR, West Virginia I stole this pick from Tour, too, not sorry, already was reading about him - like this qb turned wr - loves the game.Round 4 Pick 27: Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Mississippi stole this pick from Tour, sorry again, never heard of him before.
Round 5 Pick 1: Sam Beal, cb,Western Michigan if Beal is still here, he goes on the practice squad maybe, but he can play.
Round 5 Pick 22: B.J.Hill, NT,N.C. State Big quick immoveable DL/NT for kickass goal line stands, etc, and he can also get quarterbacks.Play him next to Danny Shelton - shut down interior running game flat out kickass.Round 6 Pick 1: Nick Stevens, qb, Colorado State oustanding attitude, a bit small, Kosar-smart, watch the Saints pick him first. Think Drew Brees
Round 7 Pick 1: Skyler Phillips OG, Idaho State could be the offensive lineman steal in the draft. football...player. (6'2", 320)I like to think of every round's goal in three terms:
1.What pick will pizz off the ratbirds and stinking squealers?
2. What pick will have the most dramatic effect on improving the Browns?
3. Where can I really expect them to be. Marcus Allen in the second is outstanding, but he is now considered a top 15 pick by some.
So, my goal is for my mock draft to be cooler and a lot more ignorant than Tour's.
Round 1 Pick 1: Josh (Elway) Allen,qb, Wyoming....because he's my new qb. Rosen ain't chosen, Darnold should stay in schewel....
Round 1 Pick 11: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama superstar wr in the NFL
Round 2 Pick 5 Marcus Davenport, DE,UTSA This kid will terrorize offenses
Round 2 Pick 11: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn bigtime cb, hopes he's still here
Round 2 Pick 25: Justin Reid, FS/SS, Stanford Marcus Allen, fs, is now being considered a top 15 pick. But Reid is also the real deal.Round 3 Pick 1: Nick Chubb, rb, Georgia We have Duke and Hayes, Crow may leave? then we need a bruising thunder to Duke's lightning. Who knows if he will be here in round 3...
Round 3 Pick 10 (ARI): Brian O'Neil, OT, Pitt Need another OT, but hope Joe Thomas plays one more year for the wins. O'Neil is under the radar,but is outstanding..Round 4 Pick 1: Cameron Smith, ILB, Southern California I stole this pick from Tour. sorry. Can't figure out a better and more ignorant pick...
Round 4 Pick 4 Michael Gallop, wr, Colorado State This kid is a football player - Nick Stevens qb comes later
Round 4 Pick 8 (CINN): David Sills, WR, West Virginia I stole this pick from Tour, too, not sorry, already was reading about him - like this qb turned wr - loves the game.Round 4 Pick 27: Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Mississippi stole this pick from Tour, sorry again, never heard of him before.
Round 5 Pick 1: Sam Beal, cb,Western Michigan if Beal is still here, he goes on the practice squad maybe, but he can play.
Round 5 Pick 22: B.J.Hill, NT,N.C. State Big quick immoveable DL/NT for kickass goal line stands, etc, and he can also get quarterbacks.Play him next to Danny Shelton - shut down interior running game flat out kickass.Round 6 Pick 1: Nick Stevens, qb, Colorado State oustanding attitude, a bit small, Kosar-smart, watch the Saints pick him first. Think Drew Brees
Round 7 Pick 1: Skyler Phillips OG, Idaho State could be the offensive lineman steal in the draft. football...player. (6'2", 320)Do they really have 15 picks in this draft?
-
I know people on this board hate trade backs, but I don't see a lot of blue chip talent at the top of this draft outside of quarterbacks. Right now I would take the top quarterback on our board (for me it's between Darnold and Jackson) and we trade back in the first with our other pick. Right now we are slated to pick at 6 and more than likely one of the top 4 qbs will be available. That pick will be worth a ton of capital and we may only have to fall back a handful of spots.
-
Do they really have 15 picks in this draft? Gipper
**********************************************
no, but I went with Tour's list of picks on the trade down, which is actually possible. IF we don't want to pick
the notchosen one, and darnold isn't the guy either, you could trade down, let someone nab Barkley or rosen, etc...
and still get your real deal qb, Allen.

The actual picks the Browns have is:
Here's how the Browns' 2018 and 2019 draft picks currently look round-by-round:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/04/what_picks_do_the_browns_have_4.html
2018 NFL DRAFT
First round: (2) Own pick, Texans' pick via 2017 draft-day trade.
Second round: (3) Own pick, Eagles' pick via 2016 draft-day trade, Texans' pick via Brock Osweiler trade.
Third round: (1) Own pick.
Fourth round: (2) Own pick, Panthers' pick via Andy Lee trade.
Fifth round: (2) Own pick, Chiefs' pick (conditional) via Cam Erving trade.
Sixth round: (2) Own pick, Steelers' pick via Justin Gilbert trade.
Seventh round: (1) Own pick.
2019 NFL Draft
First round: (1) Own pick.
Second round: (1) Own pick.
Third round: (1) Own pick.
Fourth round: (1) Own pick.
Fifth round: (1) Own pick.
Sixth round: (1) Own pick.
Seventh round: (1) Own pick.
-
lol... well done...
I tried to create your very ignorant draft in the game to check the score.
Thought I was getting close but then when I went to take Davis at 2.05 DNV turned down a trade offer and took Chubb, who I needed to take at 3.01. But no biggee... I'll just take Davis at 2.06... except when I go to do so I find he was taken late in round one... at 1.28 to be precise.
So abandon ship... game just thinks your draft order anticipation needs work... and not just in that you are undervaluing some, but also overvaluing others... some biggly...

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (B)
Round 1 Pick 11 (NYJ): Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 6: Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas-San Antonio (D+)


-
D+...not good. Embarrassing, even..but I never promised anybody a rose garden, though...
I do have analytics on my side ...
Analytics overview
Davenport currently has Pro Football Focus' third-highest grade among all 4-3 defensive ends in the country, trailing just Bradley Chubb and Nick Bosa.
On 199 pass-rush snaps in 2017, Davenport has accumulated 43 pressures (eight sacks, six hits, 29 hurries).
That equates to PFF's highest Pass-Rushing Productivity Score -- a metric that measures how often a defender creates pressure relative to how often he rushes the quarterback -- among 94 defensive ends playing in a 4-3 who've participated in at least 50 percent of their team's snaps. (For perspective, Von Miller has amassed 49 quarterback pressures on 249 pass-rush snaps this season.)
And Davenport's run-stopping grade is the third-best among all players at his position.
Beyond all that, he isn't some obscure, one-year wonder. In 2016, he had the No. 15 overall PFF grade among 159 qualifying 3-4 outside linebackers. The year before that, Davenport was given the No. 62 overall grade among 286 4-3 defensive ends who qualified.
The guy can play. Simple as that.
-
I know people on this board hate trade backs, but I don't see a lot of blue chip talent at the top of this draft outside of quarterbacks. Right now I would take the top quarterback on our board (for me it's between Darnold and Jackson) and we trade back in the first with our other pick. Right now we are slated to pick at 6 and more than likely one of the top 4 qbs will be available. That pick will be worth a ton of capital and we may only have to fall back a handful of spots.
I know people on this board hate trade backs, but I don't see a lot of blue chip talent at the top of this draft outside of quarterbacks. Right now I would take the top quarterback on our board (for me it's between Darnold and Jackson) and we trade back in the first with our other pick. Right now we are slated to pick at 6 and more than likely one of the top 4 qbs will be available. That pick will be worth a ton of capital and we may only have to fall back a handful of spots.
I was with the trades in the previous drafts. But we need to use our picks. I agree with either Calvin Ridley or Saquen Barclay. We need players like these on this team. I would rather Barclay, but either would do.
-
I wonder... if you could (or want to) draft Barkley AND Ridley, and use two of our second round picks to trade back up into
the bottom third of the draft and still get Josh Allen. I don't think that will ever fly - given the stats difference, he is being
badly appraised I think by some "experts". But I gave that up very quickly, since they need that extra talent from the second round.
-
I don't think Allen, Darnold, or Rosen will be there in the 2nd round.
-
D+...not good. Embarrassing, even..but I never promised anybody a rose garden, though...
I do have analytics on my side ...
Analytics overview
Davenport currently has Pro Football Focus' third-highest grade among all 4-3 defensive ends in the country, trailing just Bradley Chubb and Nick Bosa.
On 199 pass-rush snaps in 2017, Davenport has accumulated 43 pressures (eight sacks, six hits, 29 hurries).
That equates to PFF's highest Pass-Rushing Productivity Score -- a metric that measures how often a defender creates pressure relative to how often he rushes the quarterback -- among 94 defensive ends playing in a 4-3 who've participated in at least 50 percent of their team's snaps. (For perspective, Von Miller has amassed 49 quarterback pressures on 249 pass-rush snaps this season.)
And Davenport's run-stopping grade is the third-best among all players at his position.
Beyond all that, he isn't some obscure, one-year wonder. In 2016, he had the No. 15 overall PFF grade among 159 qualifying 3-4 outside linebackers. The year before that, Davenport was given the No. 62 overall grade among 286 4-3 defensive ends who qualified.
The guy can play. Simple as that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login