Skip to content

NFL Name Game

The Browns Board
15 5 428
  • Do you want us to google it or to try to guess it? 

    It could be great if we actually knew how many are there in each category. Like: 1 Presidents (3 players). 

    I guess they ARE/WERE players called Washington, McCoy, Scott, Starr, Aaron, Cobb and I'd say Spain just for patriotism, though I don't see anyone having a country as a last name. 

  • Christian Kirk will be in the NFL after the draft. Does that count?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Are you actually trying to answer a question?

    It's the only one I knew..... or at least thought I knew. 

    @d-bone said:

    It's the only one I knew..... or at least thought I knew. 

    If you are saying that you think that there was an NFL player by the name of Uhuru...then the answer is NO

  • Do you want us to google it or to try to guess it? 

    It could be great if we actually knew how many are there in each category. Like: 1 Presidents (3 players). 

    I guess they ARE/WERE players called Washington, McCoy, Scott, Starr, Aaron, Cobb and I'd say Spain just for patriotism, though I don't see anyone having a country as a last name. 

    @nero said:

    Do you want us to google it or to try to guess it? 

    It could be great if we actually knew how many are there in each category. Like: 1 Presidents (3 players). 

    I guess they ARE/WERE players called Washington, McCoy, Scott, Starr, Aaron, Cobb and I'd say Spain just for patriotism, though I don't see anyone having a country as a last name. 

    Googling is never acceptable in these.   Does Jeopardy allow you to Google the answers? No.

    But, on your guess.  I will say that yes....there have been NFL players with  6 of the 7 names you guessed.  Now just guess which one of the 7 you guessed is wrong.

  • Christian Kirk will be in the NFL after the draft. Does that count?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Christian Kirk will be in the NFL after the draft. Does that count?

    Maybe not, but I will give it to you anyway....as there have been other Kirks that played in the NFL.

  • Just a note.....I did not use the 4th Beatle.....Harrison....as there have been many many Harrisons who have played in the NFL.....but, there has never been a George Harrison. ...nor has there ever been a William Harrison or a Benjamin Harrison)

  • Following are groups of like 10 names  in various categories.   Your task is simple:   within each group of names, identify which names either were or were Not the name of someone who has played in the NFL.  Have fun:

    1. Presidents:   Trump.....Obama.....Bush..... Clinton.....Reagan.....Nixon..... Truman..... Roosevelt..... Coolidge..... Lincoln

    2. Multiple Oscar winning Actors:   Bogart..... Brando.....Bacall.....DeNiro.....Nicholson.....Hanks.....Spacey..... Penn.....Hepburn.....Washington

    3. Star Trek:  Kirk.....Spock.....McCoy.....Scott.....Sulu.....Chekov.....Uhuru.....Pickard.....Riker.....Sisko

    4. Rock Stars:  Springsteen.....Jagger.....Hendrix.....Clapton.....Townshend.....McCartney.....Lennon.....Bowie.....Daltry.....Starr

    5. Great Baseball players:   Ruth.....Gehrig.....Aaron.....Mantle.....Mays.....Cobb.....Musial.....DiMaggio.....Griffey.....Clemente

    6. Europe:  Germany.....France.....England.....Ireland.....Spain.....Italy.....Holland.....Norway.....Greece.....Poland.....Sweden

    @the-gipper said:

    Following are groups of like 10 names  in various categories.   Your task is simple:   within each group of names, identify which names either were or were Not the name of someone who has played in the NFL.  Have fun:

    1. Presidents:   Trump.....Obama.....Bush..... Clinton.....Reagan.....Nixon..... Truman..... Roosevelt..... Coolidge..... Lincoln

    1. Roosevelt, Lincoln, Bush, Clinton

    2. Multiple Oscar winning Actors:   Bogart..... Brando.....Bacall.....DeNiro.....Nicholson.....Hanks.....Spacey..... Penn.....Hepburn.....Washington

    2.Penn, Washington

    3. Star Trek:  Kirk.....Spock.....McCoy.....Scott.....Sulu.....Chekov.....Uhuru.....Pickard.....Riker.....Sisko

    3. McCoy

    4. Rock Stars:  Springsteen.....Jagger.....Hendrix.....Clapton.....Townshend.....McCartney.....Lennon.....Bowie.....Daltry.....Starr

    4. Townsend, Starr

    5. Great Baseball players:   Ruth.....Gehrig.....Aaron.....Mantle.....Mays.....Cobb.....Musial.....DiMaggio.....Griffey.....Clemente

    5. Aaron

    6. Europe:  Germany.....France.....England.....Ireland.....Spain.....Italy.....Holland.....Norway.....Greece.....Poland.....Sweden

    6. Sweden, France, Holland

  • @d-bone said:

    It's the only one I knew..... or at least thought I knew. 

    If you are saying that you think that there was an NFL player by the name of Uhuru...then the answer is NO

    @the-gipper said:

    If you are saying that you think that there was an NFL player by the name of Uhuru...then the answer is NO

    I'm saying NO, there was no Uhura 

  • Following are groups of like 10 names  in various categories.   Your task is simple:   within each group of names, identify which names either were or were Not the name of someone who has played in the NFL.  Have fun:

    1. Presidents:   Trump.....Obama.....Bush..... Clinton.....Reagan.....Nixon..... Truman..... Roosevelt..... Coolidge..... Lincoln

    2. Multiple Oscar winning Actors:   Bogart..... Brando.....Bacall.....DeNiro.....Nicholson.....Hanks.....Spacey..... Penn.....Hepburn.....Washington

    3. Star Trek:  Kirk.....Spock.....McCoy.....Scott.....Sulu.....Chekov.....Uhuru.....Pickard.....Riker.....Sisko

    4. Rock Stars:  Springsteen.....Jagger.....Hendrix.....Clapton.....Townshend.....McCartney.....Lennon.....Bowie.....Daltry.....Starr

    5. Great Baseball players:   Ruth.....Gehrig.....Aaron.....Mantle.....Mays.....Cobb.....Musial.....DiMaggio.....Griffey.....Clemente

    6. Europe:  Germany.....France.....England.....Ireland.....Spain.....Italy.....Holland.....Norway.....Greece.....Poland.....Sweden

    @the-gipper said:

    Following are groups of like 10 names  in various categories.   Your task is simple:   within each group of names, identify which names either were or were Not the name of someone who has played in the NFL.  Have fun:

    Answers.   Highlighted means that there HAVE been players by that name play in the NFL

    1. Presidents:   Trump.....Obama.....Bush (12 Bushes)........ Clinton (only 1 Clinton...but also a Clinton-Dix HaHa).....Reagan.....Nixon (8 Nixons)..... Truman..... Roosevelt (One guy: Namaan Roosevelt)..... Coolidge..... Lincoln (only 2 Lincolns..including Keith)

    There was a Regan...but no Reagan. There was an Obamanu...but no Obama, and there was Bob Trumpy...but not Trump.

    2. Multiple Oscar winning Actors:   Bogart..... Brando.....Bacall.....DeNiro.....Nicholson (5 Nicholsons).....Hanks (3 Hanks including Merton).....Spacey..... Penn (3 named Penn).....Hepburn (1 Hepburn: Lonnie).....Washington (over 200 of these)

    There was a Brandeau, and a couple of Brandons.  Closest to the others was a Bacchus

    3. Star Trek:  Kirk (3 Kirks).....Spock.....McCoy(15 McCoys...including Colt).....Scott (over 70 Scotts).....Sulu.....Chekov.....Uhuru.....Picard.....Riker.....Sisko

    There was a Pickard...but I believe the Star Trek guy was spelled Picard.  There was a Sisk and Sitko...but no Sisko. And there was a Checkrye .   Also...there was a Spach.

    4. Rock Stars:  Springsteen. (1: Bill)....Jagger.....Hendrix (3 Hendrix).....Clapton.....Townshend.....McCartney (3 McCartneys).....Lennon (1 Lennon: Reid) .....Bowie (3 Bowies) .....Daltry.....Starr (2 Starrs...including Bart)

    Closest to the others:  Jeff Jaeger,  Sam Claphan, and several Townsends...but none spelled with an H like Pete.

    5. Great Baseball players:   Ruth.....Gehrig.....Aaron.....Mantle.....Mays (12 including Dave).....Cobb (1 Cobb)....Musial.....DiMaggio.....Griffey.....Clemente

    Closest on the others:  1 Gehring,  1 Mantell, a couple of Griffens,  and several Clements or Clemens...

    6. Europe:  Germany (2 Germans).....France.(2 France)....England (1 England).....Ireland. (1 Ireland)....Spain(2 Spain).....Italy.....Holland(9 Hollands).....Norway.....Greece.....Poland.....Sweden

    Closest on the others:   a couple of Grecos, and several Pollocks....and one Sweed (Limas)

  • It surprises me that there is people whose last name is a country. The only one I knew about was Holland.

  • It surprises me that there is people whose last name is a country. The only one I knew about was Holland.

    @nero said:

    It surprises me that there is people whose last name is a country. The only one I knew about was Holland.

    It doesn't surprise us here in America.  I believe the reason for that is that some immigrants that came here in the past used the name of the country they came from for their last name...instead of their original name.