Skip to content

Marvin Lewis leaving Bengals

The Browns Board
37 22 1.6k
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Marvin Lewis is a bad coach?

    I seriously question some of your football intelligence. The Bengals were the one team we Browns fans used to laugh at, or at least think we were on equal footing with, before Marvin Lewis became their HC. He won four AFC North titles with an organization whose scouting team consisted of three guys looking over a Sporting News Draft Guide bought from a local Barnes and Noble bookstore.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    .......and so on internet radio today I hear it thrown out there that the Bengals actually like Hue Jackson and might even consider trading for him in the offseason.

    I actually heard that.   - Obviously, totally crazy....and almost too crazy for me to post.  

    - imagine 1 & 31  or even 2 & 30 (I've been predicting most of the season that we get another Christmas gift) - could ya get a 7th round pick?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Do you think the Browns would trade their HC to another AFC North rival?

    I mean, if they are considering firing him anyway, you might as well, but this would be really rare.

  • Do you think the Browns would trade their HC to another AFC North rival?

    I mean, if they are considering firing him anyway, you might as well, but this would be really rare.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns would trade their HC to another AFC North rival?

    ....I do not think any team in their right minds would trade for him.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Its too bad vontaze might be done, id love for the browns to get him on the cheap. And he would absolutely come here, or to the ravens, to still play the steelers twice a year. Gid I love vontaze just for that hatred he has for the steelers. With him theres no "awww shucks wally" after the games with pgh. 

    Your love for guys who like to hurt players has not gotten you anywhere.

    CLE got bounty hunter Greg Williams who promised to make the Defense mean.  No, not well-coached, no not win games, just mean.  His defenses have been mostly very average over his career, but I guess CLE considers average and mean to be an improvement. 

    Burfict is a loser who targets the best of the best players for injury and his team has been very average, just like Williams' teams, but I guess average is an improvement for a CLE fan.

    Maybe if you stopped loving evil and focused on discipline, your team would win a game. 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @dick-mellon said:

    Your love for guys who like to hurt players has not gotten you anywhere.

    Where was it supposed to have gotten me? Or where is that u think i think it was supposed to have gotten me? Confused? Good cause i dont fukking getbur connent at all. 

    In any case, i dont like vontaze. He is everything u say he is. But id still love me some vontaze here in cleveland twice a season. Id love me some. ?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Ill say this. Im liathe for another scheme change. Really i am. We're laughing stocks of the league because if it. However, if the bengals want hue badly to trade for him......i mean...........sure. Ill take 3 1st rounders. I mean sht u gotta jump all over that deal and something tells me dorsey would fed ex hue down to cincy personally.  

    Just keep williams all i ask. 

  • Ill say this. Im liathe for another scheme change. Really i am. We're laughing stocks of the league because if it. However, if the bengals want hue badly to trade for him......i mean...........sure. Ill take 3 1st rounders. I mean sht u gotta jump all over that deal and something tells me dorsey would fed ex hue down to cincy personally.  

    Just keep williams all i ask. 

    Dick MellonD Dick Mellon wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @clevfan4life said:

    Just keep williams all i ask. 

    Yeh, just keep the bounty hunter who has virtually always had an average defense for decades.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Just keep williams all i ask. 

    Yeh, just keep the bounty hunter who has virtually always had an average defense for decades.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @dick-mellon said:

    Yeh, just keep the bounty hunter who has virtually always had an average defense for decades.

    I seem to recall he built so e very good defenses....better than any we've had since 99. And because yet again i speak with someone if limited footbal iq....i would have to explain why scheme changes are always more disruptive to the defense even if another 4-3 guy comes in. If a 3-4 guy comes to cleveland u can forget it. Its back to dead last or close to last in the league in all categories just like it always is when we mulligan in prrpetuity. 

  • Do you think the Browns would trade their HC to another AFC North rival?

    I mean, if they are considering firing him anyway, you might as well, but this would be really rare.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns would trade their HC to another AFC North rival?

    I mean, if they are considering firing him anyway, you might as well, but this would be really rare.

    That would be a good way for the owner to get out of his promise about Hue and let Dorsey hire his guy.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Its too bad vontaze might be done, id love for the browns to get him on the cheap. And he would absolutely come here, or to the ravens, to still play the steelers twice a year. Gid I love vontaze just for that hatred he has for the steelers. With him theres no "awww shucks wally" after the games with pgh. 

    Your love for guys who like to hurt players has not gotten you anywhere.

    CLE got bounty hunter Greg Williams who promised to make the Defense mean.  No, not well-coached, no not win games, just mean.  His defenses have been mostly very average over his career, but I guess CLE considers average and mean to be an improvement. 

    Burfict is a loser who targets the best of the best players for injury and his team has been very average, just like Williams' teams, but I guess average is an improvement for a CLE fan.

    Maybe if you stopped loving evil and focused on discipline, your team would win a game. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @dick-mellon said:

    Your love for guys who like to hurt players has not gotten you anywhere.

    Depends on how you define "anywhere" doesn't it? If sending a pile of Steelers off on the meat wagon is somewhere...then they have gotten anywhere.

    CLE got bounty hunter Greg Williams who promised to make the Defense mean.  No, not well-coached, no not win games, just mean.  His defenses have been mostly very average over his career, but I guess CLE considers average and mean to be an improvement. 

    Well...honestly...this defense hasn't really been either.  They have not been "mean" at all.  And despite being ranked fairly well...they have been very, very below average in crunch time.

    Burfict is a loser who targets the best of the best players for injury and his team has been very average, just like Williams' teams, but I guess average is an improvement for a CLE fan.

    Have you seen our record?  No Shite Sherlock....average would be an improvement.

    Maybe if you stopped loving evil and focused on discipline, your team would win a game. 

    Who is "you"?  The fans? It don't matter what the fans focus on.....and don't be ignorant....this team has focused neither on being evil nor on discipline. If they were one or the other they may have won some games.  They have been neither. 

  • Do you think the Browns would trade their HC to another AFC North rival?

    I mean, if they are considering firing him anyway, you might as well, but this would be really rare.

    B blitzz2 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns would trade their HC to another AFC North rival?

    I mean, if they are considering firing him anyway, you might as well, but this would be really rare.

    Hell, if they want him and his 1-31record, why not? let the Bungles have that disaster

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Its too bad vontaze might be done, id love for the browns to get him on the cheap. And he would absolutely come here, or to the ravens, to still play the steelers twice a year. Gid I love vontaze just for that hatred he has for the steelers. With him theres no "awww shucks wally" after the games with pgh. 

    Your love for guys who like to hurt players has not gotten you anywhere.

    CLE got bounty hunter Greg Williams who promised to make the Defense mean.  No, not well-coached, no not win games, just mean.  His defenses have been mostly very average over his career, but I guess CLE considers average and mean to be an improvement. 

    Burfict is a loser who targets the best of the best players for injury and his team has been very average, just like Williams' teams, but I guess average is an improvement for a CLE fan.

    Maybe if you stopped loving evil and focused on discipline, your team would win a game. 

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @dick-mellon said:

    Your love for guys who like to hurt players has not gotten you anywhere.

    CLE got bounty hunter Greg Williams who promised to make the Defense mean.  No, not well-coached, no not win games, just mean.  His defenses have been mostly very average over his career, but I guess CLE considers average and mean to be an improvement. 

    Burfict is a loser who targets the best of the best players for injury and his team has been very average, just like Williams' teams, but I guess average is an improvement for a CLE fan.

    Maybe if you stopped loving evil and focused on discipline, your team would win a game. 

    Yes, average and mean is most definitely an improvement.