Skip to content

I rooted for the Steelers and they choked like a Bitch

The Browns Board
90 24 2.7k 1
  • @tinythinker said:

    Well whoever people are rooting for the Steelers have slowed down the Pats' offense a bit with the defensive changes so far. Game will be close.

    As for Ghoolies point, is it that Browns fans are too complacent or that Browns fans are unworthy? Because by that logic if the fans all boycott the team would move, so, being complacent is what would be keeping them in Cleveland. Hence the Browns would always be losers in Cleveland. Is that the point or did I get lost in that rabbit hole?

    Good take on my thread. Here are my feelings. I believe that for a variety of reasons, including years of influence of guys like Deiken, Brown and Kosar upon unsavvy owners this franchise has a culture that believes the attention should be placed on the OL, defense, trading away high picks for many low picks, and purposely avoiding to participate in drafting of of top offensive playmakers.

    This is the exact opposite of how Paul Brown built his Browns. Sadly, the fan base supports and believes in this.

    The new GM is Phil Sewage reincarnated. NOTHING WILL CHANGE IN 2018. Just watch.

    I want to see the Browns fold. I want to see the name lost forever and football removed from the city of Cleveland. I really do. Honestly.

    This is a charade. You know it and so does everyone else. The entire franchise is a marketing gimmick that exploited the love a team, an era that is no more.

    All this nostalgic pathology is doing is making a bigger joke of what was once the best brand in the NFL.

    Enough already. End this abomination. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @ghoolie said:

    Good take on my thread. Here are my feelings. I believe that for a variety of reasons, including years of influence of guys like Deiken, Brown and Kosar upon unsavvy owners this franchise has a culture that believes the attention should be placed on the OL, defense, trading away high picks for many low picks, and purposely avoiding to participate in drafting of of top offensive playmakers.

    This is the exact opposite of how Paul Brown built his Browns. Sadly, the fan base supports and believes in this.

    The new GM is Phil Sewage reincarnated. NOTHING WILL CHANGE IN 2018. Just watch.

    I want to see the Browns fold. I want to see the name lost forever and football removed from the city of Cleveland. I really do. Honestly.

    This is a charade. You know it and so does everyone else. The entire franchise is a marketing gimmick that exploited the love a team, an era that is no more.

    All this nostalgic pathology is doing is making a bigger joke of what was once the best brand in the NFL.

    Enough already. End this abomination. 

    If the Browns moved, it woud save me $2,000 per year... 

  • Kraft runs the NFL, the refs look for anything to help his team

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @londonbrown said:

    Kraft runs the NFL, the refs look for anything to help his team

    DING DING DING................... we have a winner

  • @nero said:

    Also, don't you think that it kills all the momentum and changes completely the game? I can see James dropping the pass, ok, next down, 30 seconds later, TD pass.

    But they went from winning it to having to play another down like 5 mins later, and Ben did a really stupid play that you don't expect from him (noting that the FG forced OT). 

    It makes me wonder how much it got in his mind that yes TD-no TD.

    We all went decade after decade of knowing what a catch was...... even a casual fan could watch a replay or maybe 2 and say "yup, that's a catch". Now we have announcers that played the game at the NFL level for years not knowing what a catch is.

    The NFL needs to go back to what worked for years and shitcan this whole "control the ball to the ground through the process"  (< God I hate that phrase) crap, and give the game back to the players and fans and away from the refs. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @d-bone said:

    We all went decade after decade of knowing what a catch was...... even a casual fan could watch a replay or maybe 2 and say "yup, that's a catch". Now we have announcers that played the game at the NFL level for years not knowing what a catch is.

    The NFL needs to go back to what worked for years and shitcan this whole "control the ball to the ground through the process"  (< God I hate that phrase) crap, and give the game back to the players and fans and away from the refs. 

    he guy catches the ball, runs a couple steps then sticks it over the goal line........ it is a TD. Doesn't even matter that he lost it after crossing the plane. Dumbest rule ever. The rules are doing more to hurt the game each and every year.

    The WORST part? AN idiotic Steeler threat is getting a ton of hits because we really have nothing to talk about regarding our own team. Other than they suck.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #42

    It pains me to see people actually debate the OP in an obvious troll thread.

  • Wow. Great win for the Pats

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #43

    @ghoolie said:

    Wow. Great win for the Pats

    😆

    Of course it's a little sad when the high point of my football day is watching a Steeler loss. But that will change.

    But it is hilarious listening to Steeler cork soakers crying about a perfectly good call.

    WSS

  • Wow. Great win for the Pats

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @ghoolie said:

    Wow. Great win for the Pats

    I actually wanted the Pats to lose. Now home field will most likely be in play the last game. No mailing it in....unless we do.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #45

    I bet Dez and Megatron are shedding crocodile tears over that non catch

  • I am looking forward to the Steelers physically asspounding the Pats today. Approximately 50% of N.E. Ohio fans are now Steeler fans. I think a 7th Superbowl not only solidifies the Steelers as the greatest football team of all time, but also probably gives Steeler fans the homefield advantage in Cleveland stadium. Seriously, Steeler fans overtake the place. Hate the Steelers all you want, but they have better fans, and more fans. These guys would never accept the crap Browns fans accept. This is a true example of the 12th man advantage.

    As one of the greatest Browns fan on earth, I want what is best for the Browns brand. I want to see the team taken out of shidthole Cleveland. Seriously, there is no reason for the city of Cleveland to have an NFL team. Nostalgia is just not enough. This rebuild nonsense needs to stop.

    Go Steelers. Long live the Browns..............who beat us today.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @ghoolie said:

    I am looking forward to the Steelers physically asspounding the Pats today.

    Still don't get it do you, Numbnuts?

    This Steeler team does not have the heart of a champion. The Patriots do. They came back on the road, stole the ball from Ben, injured Brown and took a shit on the Steeler logo ... Again.

    Zombo

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Plus, and I know it's possibly a fantasy, but if the Steelers have something to win on the last game of the season and the Browns have the opportunity to rise up and steal one it would be a lot sweeter then beating a team with nothing to gain.

    WSS

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #48

    FB_IMG_1513609787464.jpg

  • Plus, and I know it's possibly a fantasy, but if the Steelers have something to win on the last game of the season and the Browns have the opportunity to rise up and steal one it would be a lot sweeter then beating a team with nothing to gain.

    WSS

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @westside-steve said:

    Plus, and I know it's possibly a fantasy, but if the Steelers have something to win on the last game of the season and the Browns have the opportunity to rise up and steal one it would be a lot sweeter then beating a team with nothing to gain.

    WSS

    I wonder what the bet line would be in that case... 40 in favor of the Steelers?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Plus, and I know it's possibly a fantasy, but if the Steelers have something to win on the last game of the season and the Browns have the opportunity to rise up and steal one it would be a lot sweeter then beating a team with nothing to gain.

    WSS

    I wonder what the bet line would be in that case... 40 in favor of the Steelers?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @nero said:

    I wonder what the bet line would be in that case... 40 in favor of the Steelers?

    There are reasons I very rarely make a bet on a sporting event especially not my Browns. If I won $5 because the Steelers were victorious it would be a Bittersweet victory.

    😎

    WSS

  • Fu¢k the fu¢king steelers and fu¢k you. I'm gonna laugh and laugh when Brady alone has as many super bowl victories as your precious Steelers in their 80 year history 

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Fu¢k the fu¢king steelers and fu¢k you. I'm gonna laugh and laugh when Brady alone has as many super bowl victories as your precious Steelers in their 80 year history 

    Dude, this is the best post ever.  When NE finally gets more SB than the Steelers, I will be so happy.  Also because my wife is a Stooler's fan. I hate the stooler's with a passion. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #52

    I figure Stan, the board's biggest squealer fan, lost money on a bet, but would never complain about how the squealers failed big-time in clock management. rapistblerger says he was yelling "clock it", but he was told don't clock it, throwing the pukester oc under the bus, then throws for a td, but ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! That was poetic justice - the squealers arranged? to take out Brady's knee on a hit from behind by a rusher..but it failed. so, no win for Stanli's sissy three rivers scum.

    Bent rapistblerger is as lost without Brown as Brady is without Gronk.

  • I am looking forward to the Steelers physically asspounding the Pats today. Approximately 50% of N.E. Ohio fans are now Steeler fans. I think a 7th Superbowl not only solidifies the Steelers as the greatest football team of all time, but also probably gives Steeler fans the homefield advantage in Cleveland stadium. Seriously, Steeler fans overtake the place. Hate the Steelers all you want, but they have better fans, and more fans. These guys would never accept the crap Browns fans accept. This is a true example of the 12th man advantage.

    As one of the greatest Browns fan on earth, I want what is best for the Browns brand. I want to see the team taken out of shidthole Cleveland. Seriously, there is no reason for the city of Cleveland to have an NFL team. Nostalgia is just not enough. This rebuild nonsense needs to stop.

    Go Steelers. Long live the Browns..............who beat us today.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @ghoolie said:

    I am looking forward to the Steelers physically asspounding the Pats today. Approximately 50% of N.E. Ohio fans are now Steeler fans. I think a 7th Superbowl not only solidifies the Steelers as the greatest football team of all time, but also probably gives Steeler fans the homefield advantage in Cleveland stadium. Seriously, Steeler fans overtake the place. Hate the Steelers all you want, but they have better fans, and more fans. These guys would never accept the crap Browns fans accept. This is a true example of the 12th man advantage.

    As one of the greatest Browns fan on earth, I want what is best for the Browns brand. I want to see the team taken out of shidthole Cleveland. Seriously, there is no reason for the city of Cleveland to have an NFL team. Nostalgia is just not enough. This rebuild nonsense needs to stop.

    Go Steelers. Long live the Browns..............who beat us today.

    Khunt.   Whore.  FRAK.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Fu¢k the fu¢king steelers and fu¢k you. I'm gonna laugh and laugh when Brady alone has as many super bowl victories as your precious Steelers in their 80 year history 

    You aren't going to laugh at anything. Brady has seen his last sunrise. He is done. The Steelers are the greatest team in the history of the NFL. 6 Super bowls. Unequalled.

    HOWEVER.....if you would laugh at the Steelers should Brady win more SBs that their franchise.....what will.you do to Cleveland who has never even played o. An NFL chamionship game? (Leather helmet days and ancient 1964 don t count)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @ghoolie said:

    You aren't going to laugh at anything. Brady has seen his last sunrise. He is done. The Steelers are the greatest team in the history of the NFL. 6 Super bowls. Unequalled.

    HOWEVER.....if you would laugh at the Steelers should Brady win more SBs that their franchise.....what will.you do to Cleveland who has never even played o. An NFL chamionship game? (Leather helmet days and ancient 1964 don t count)

    NFL Championships in the 60s and 50s are no more "leather helmet" than the Steelers titles of the 70s. 

    50s Browns would have beat 70s Steelers.....Because they had better players....at the Positions that YOU  think are the most critical: 

    Otto Graham vs. Terry Bradshaw?  No contest.

    Marion Motley vs. Franco Harris?   Franco was a Khunt who ran out of bounds.

    Mac Speedie,  Dante Lavelli, Dub Jones....vs.  Lynn Swann and John Stallworth?  Pretty fair contest...but I think Browns group would prevail.

  • Well Ben and JuJu slapped back in one play to the ten, then a quick drop for a TD. Steelers take it.

    At least the AFC Championship game won't be boring.

    (under review -- may be called back on the short pass -- wow this game is going to keep stretching out)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @tinythinker said:

    Well Ben and JuJu slapped back in one play to the ten, then a quick drop for a TD. Steelers take it.

    At least the AFC Championship game won't be boring.

    (under review -- may be called back on the short pass -- wow this game is going to keep stretching out)

    My prediction:   at best, only one of these teams makes it to the AFC title game. 

  • Kraft runs the NFL, the refs look for anything to help his team

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @londonbrown said:

    Kraft runs the NFL, the refs look for anything to help his team

    Uhmm, sorry dude.  No team has gotten more favorable calls from the refs than the Steelers have over the years. If anything it was Dan Rooney that "ran the NFL"...until he died.  Maybe that has changed now.

    Of course, if you listen to Jerry Jones, he thinks he runs the league.  He calls himself the "ranking owner" in the NFL  (because, apparently, he thinks he is the most important owner)

    But...one thing we do know.    If there IS a "ranking" amongst NFL owners.....we know which position Jimmy Haslam holds.  Anyone want to guess?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #57

    http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/12/odell-beckham-jr-referees-giants-steelers-steve-wonder-could-see-it

    Seen it so much - the steelers defense gets "offensive interference" when they need it...and DO NOT get called on

    FLAGRANT pi when they do it. on and on it goes. I think one of the refs of the squealer-patriot game wasn't afraid

    of goodhell - he called on on the steeler db, and holding once, on the squealer oline. They get away with holding like I have

    never seen any other team get away with it.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #58