Skip to content

Browns coach wonders if DeShone Kizer 'will ever get it'

The Browns Board
41 21 1.4k 1
  • thomam3T thomam3 wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by SD_Tom
    #2

    Who even cares? Zero of them have a chance at being successful  nfl starters.

    Look at SF.   Addressed the qb issue,  and now they're on a win streak. 

    I hate this team.  The thorough incompetence at every level is astounding 

  • Who even cares? Zero of them have a chance at being successful  nfl starters.

    Look at SF.   Addressed the qb issue,  and now they're on a win streak. 

    I hate this team.  The thorough incompetence at every level is astounding 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @sd_tom said:

    Who even cares? Zero of them have a chance at being successful  nfl starters.

    Look at SF.   Addressed the qb issue,  and now they're on a win streak. 

    I hate this team.  The thorough incompetence at every level is astounding 

    And the fans get right in line with Dieken, Kosar, Jim Brown and the rest of the media with this " trade down....this is not the year for a QB.....let s spend it all on the OL mentality. When you pass on guys like Ben, Julio Jones, Rivers, Adrian Petersen, Wenz, Goff, Elltiot, and Bosa, and instead take schidt like Joe Thomas, Zumba the Cowgirl and sissty tits Corey Coleman.................. THIS is what you get.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #4

    “If I’m a coach worth my salt I’ll get the best out of Kizer”

     Hue Jackson, August 2017 

  • “If I’m a coach worth my salt I’ll get the best out of Kizer”

     Hue Jackson, August 2017 

    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @londonbrown said:

    “If I’m a coach worth my salt I’ll get the best out of Kizer”

     Hue Jackson, August 2017 

    lol

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    The Ravens are a better team, but we still could've lost in a different fashion. We could've made them earn it instead of giving it to them. That Duke Johnson fumble was absolutely terrible before half, and the Kizer end zone pick was the worst pass I've ever seen. I mean, say you lose against the Ravens 24-17. You take away the end zone pick and the Duke fumble. That's FINE. You fought hard but lost to a better team but at least you didn't beat yourself. 

    Instead it's the opposite. You turn it over at the worst possible times, you look like a collection of reee-tards, you don't execute in the red zone, and your fans boo you yet again. I hate you, Cleveland Browns. 

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Personally, I don't know if Kizer will ever get it, but I know for certain that Jackson needs to go. He will never be a competent head coach in the NFL. Kizer has more of a shot to be successful than he does. Anyone who can watch this team, and still thinks Hue Jackson deserves more time, is delusional, and seek professional counseling. Kizer would be a decent 2nd or 3d qb with more experience, if he isn't too emotionally shattered by now.

  • “If I’m a coach worth my salt I’ll get the best out of Kizer”

     Hue Jackson, August 2017 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @londonbrown said:

    “If I’m a coach worth my salt I’ll get the best out of Kizer”

     Hue Jackson, August 2017 

    Reminds me of the Taxi episode when Louie promises God he will be the best person he can be and then thinks he is going to hell because he violates the promise. When Alex reminds him he only promised to be the best he could, but maybe this was the best, he smirks and says, "You're right!" and proceeds out of the restaurant and swipes a waiter's tip off another table.

  • Clark W GriswoldC Clark W Griswold wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Kizer is a 21 year old kid who was not ready for the NFL.  His only chance to be a reasonable NFL starting quarterback was to bring him in and slowly teach him the trade as he watched from the sidelines and learned from a veteran mentor quarterback and a good QB coach.  Instead, he was brought in and thrown into the fire with no chance to observe or a mentor, under the direction of a "quarterback whisperer" with too many other obligations as a head coach to devote the time needed to guide Kizer.  In the end, they may well have ruined him.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @thomam3 said:

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-coach-wonders-deshone-kizer-will-ever-get-015736702.html

    Man... that is one sh!t-stirring article. Somehow out of this: " “He has some work to do,” Jackson said after Sunday’s 27-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. “I think that’s a fair question if he’ll ever get it. I think he will, but he has to keep working.”

    Comes this headline: "Browns coach wonders if DeShone Kizer 'will ever get it'."

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The Ravens are a better team, but we still could've lost in a different fashion. We could've made them earn it instead of giving it to them. That Duke Johnson fumble was absolutely terrible before half, and the Kizer end zone pick was the worst pass I've ever seen. I mean, say you lose against the Ravens 24-17. You take away the end zone pick and the Duke fumble. That's FINE. You fought hard but lost to a better team but at least you didn't beat yourself. 

    You forgot Drango's ill-timed "olay" on our goal line.

  • @sd_tom said:

    Who even cares? Zero of them have a chance at being successful  nfl starters.

    Look at SF.   Addressed the qb issue,  and now they're on a win streak. 

    I hate this team.  The thorough incompetence at every level is astounding 

    And the fans get right in line with Dieken, Kosar, Jim Brown and the rest of the media with this " trade down....this is not the year for a QB.....let s spend it all on the OL mentality. When you pass on guys like Ben, Julio Jones, Rivers, Adrian Petersen, Wenz, Goff, Elltiot, and Bosa, and instead take schidt like Joe Thomas, Zumba the Cowgirl and sissty tits Corey Coleman.................. THIS is what you get.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #11

    @ghoolie said:

    And the fans get right in line with Dieken, Kosar, Jim Brown and the rest of the media with this " trade down....this is not the year for a QB.....let s spend it all on the OL mentality. When you pass on guys like Ben, Julio Jones, Rivers, Adrian Petersen, Wenz, Goff, Elltiot, and Bosa, and instead take schidt like Joe Thomas, Zumba the Cowgirl and sissty tits Corey Coleman.................. THIS is what you get.

    If anyone associated with the Browns either in the FO or coaching staff thinks 2018 isn't the year to draft a QB with the #1 overall, they should be fired immediately.

    FWIW, no one is saying trade down again yet.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    In all seriousness, I do sort feel bad for Kizer. I wonder if the guy would have sat for the majority of the season under a veteran QB if things would have been different for the guy. Hard to tell really, but at some point you gotta start wondering when "rookie mistakes" turn into "player traits". How many games do you give a QB for that-10, 15? More?

    What I saw the past two weeks is why Kizer was drafted, and why he won't be more than a back-up caliber QB in the NFL. But 12 games in, you gotta start asking yourself if mistakes are ever going to correct themselves. Let's be real with ourselves, Kizer threw two terrible interceptions yesterday. The 2nd one in the redzone literally made me laugh it was so atrocious. And don't even start with the whole "forcing the issue" thing. That wasn't a 4th down play with 10 seconds left. That was 3rd down and there still was enough of a decision to either take the 3 points or go for it on 4th and goal. To make that throw, with as much experience the guy should have by now, is beyond alarming. That to me shows a guy who trusts his confidence over his ability.

    I'll give Kizer genuine credit. Despite the Sheet show, he's held his head high. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him around for the next few years and having him as QB2, QB3. But personally, I've seen enough to realize the bad traits are gonna have a hard time overcoming the good ones.

  • @thomam3 said:

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-coach-wonders-deshone-kizer-will-ever-get-015736702.html

    Man... that is one sh!t-stirring article. Somehow out of this: " “He has some work to do,” Jackson said after Sunday’s 27-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. “I think that’s a fair question if he’ll ever get it. I think he will, but he has to keep working.”

    Comes this headline: "Browns coach wonders if DeShone Kizer 'will ever get it'."

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The Ravens are a better team, but we still could've lost in a different fashion. We could've made them earn it instead of giving it to them. That Duke Johnson fumble was absolutely terrible before half, and the Kizer end zone pick was the worst pass I've ever seen. I mean, say you lose against the Ravens 24-17. You take away the end zone pick and the Duke fumble. That's FINE. You fought hard but lost to a better team but at least you didn't beat yourself. 

    You forgot Drango's ill-timed "olay" on our goal line.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tour2ma said:

    Man... that is one sh!t-stirring article. Somehow out of this: " “He has some work to do,” Jackson said after Sunday’s 27-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. “I think that’s a fair question if he’ll ever get it. I think he will, but he has to keep working.”

    Comes this headline: "Browns coach wonders if DeShone Kizer 'will ever get it'."

    Well, it's just reporting what a lot of us are thinking Tour. It was so obvious in Dorsey's intro presser the Browns will be looking for a QB better than Deshone next year.

    I'm even with PO on this one, give Hogan another shot, I've seen enough stink out of Kizer.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    What on Earth is the point of benching Kizer now, Hue has become a bit of a joke in all forms. 

  • In all seriousness, I do sort feel bad for Kizer. I wonder if the guy would have sat for the majority of the season under a veteran QB if things would have been different for the guy. Hard to tell really, but at some point you gotta start wondering when "rookie mistakes" turn into "player traits". How many games do you give a QB for that-10, 15? More?

    What I saw the past two weeks is why Kizer was drafted, and why he won't be more than a back-up caliber QB in the NFL. But 12 games in, you gotta start asking yourself if mistakes are ever going to correct themselves. Let's be real with ourselves, Kizer threw two terrible interceptions yesterday. The 2nd one in the redzone literally made me laugh it was so atrocious. And don't even start with the whole "forcing the issue" thing. That wasn't a 4th down play with 10 seconds left. That was 3rd down and there still was enough of a decision to either take the 3 points or go for it on 4th and goal. To make that throw, with as much experience the guy should have by now, is beyond alarming. That to me shows a guy who trusts his confidence over his ability.

    I'll give Kizer genuine credit. Despite the Sheet show, he's held his head high. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him around for the next few years and having him as QB2, QB3. But personally, I've seen enough to realize the bad traits are gonna have a hard time overcoming the good ones.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @jrb12711 said:

    The 2nd one in the redzone literally made me laugh it was so atrocious.

    Two Browns in the area... six Ravens... what could go wrong?

    Can Kizer get it? Dunno and doesn't matter...

    At this point all that matters is that he has not shown that he has gotten it. That was required to forestall taking a QB high in the draft.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Man... that is one sh!t-stirring article. Somehow out of this: " “He has some work to do,” Jackson said after Sunday’s 27-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. “I think that’s a fair question if he’ll ever get it. I think he will, but he has to keep working.”

    Comes this headline: "Browns coach wonders if DeShone Kizer 'will ever get it'."

    Well, it's just reporting what a lot of us are thinking Tour. It was so obvious in Dorsey's intro presser the Browns will be looking for a QB better than Deshone next year.

    I'm even with PO on this one, give Hogan another shot, I've seen enough stink out of Kizer.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @hoorta said:

    Well, it's just reporting what a lot of us are thinking Tour

    Clearly your bar for what constitutes "reporting" is very low.

  • Browns1216B Browns1216 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Kizer has shown tantalizing flashes here and there but completely imploded yesterday.  The ravens' defense is no joke and they did give the rookie a ton of different looks, not sure if they got in his head or what but that can't happen in the NFL.  i have been defending kizer and still think he's the best of a bad bunch of QBs, but i think we will see Rosen as the #1 pick this draft with AJ McCarron as the veteran presence. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Is anyone else wondering what inside his mind? Man, he probably has lost any chance he had to get a starting job in the NFL. If I were him, I'd be wondering what would had happen if I stayed one more day in college just like everyone recommended me to. Maybe he felt the necessity to go to the 2017 Draft due to the 2018 Draft class QB hype that there was already in 2016, but he was raw, went to the worst possible team (WRs, coach, not great RBs...) and failed.

  • Who even cares? Zero of them have a chance at being successful  nfl starters.

    Look at SF.   Addressed the qb issue,  and now they're on a win streak. 

    I hate this team.  The thorough incompetence at every level is astounding 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @sd_tom said:

    Who even cares? Zero of them have a chance at being successful  nfl starters.

    Look at SF.   Addressed the qb issue,  and now they're on a win streak. 

    I hate this team.  The thorough incompetence at every level is astounding 

    Fair statement.

  • What on Earth is the point of benching Kizer now, Hue has become a bit of a joke in all forms. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @londonbrown said:

    What on Earth is the point of benching Kizer now, Hue has become a bit of a joke in all forms. 

    The point of benching Kizer now?   Simple:

    Our peace of mind.  Just so we don't have to watch  screw up constantly anymore.

    Kessler and Hogan may be equal  Fuyuckups....but at least they are different fuyuckups. 

    Nothing more than that.