Skip to content

"Why the Cleveland Browns don't win?"

The Browns Board
26 16 1.1k 1
  • thomam3T thomam3 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    So I was sitting there watching the game yesterday yelling at the TV for Hue to bench our rookie wonderboy and my 5 year old walks up to me. Conversation goes...

    Maz: Why the Cleveland Browns don't win?

    Me: Why they don't win? Because they are not very good.

    Maz: Why don't they win anytime?

    I then started laughing hysterically that he even noticed that the Browns were horrible. I had no clue he even paid attention. My laugh started to slowly turn into a cry as I realized he even knew this.

    Last week I was watching the game and somewhat confident they were going to pull off the win while up with a couple minutes left. My wife walks by and I say.."the Browns might finally win!", somewhat confident they could pull it off. She simply replied "No they won't".

    I became a Browns fan because I was a fullback in high school and looked up to Tommy Vardell. They became my team. I'm not even from or live in Ohio. I'm not sure why I do this to myself but oh well. I love the Browns. It can't be this way forever can it? 😉  It will swing around. Has to. We will still be here when it does and it will feel oh so good!

  • Browns1216B Browns1216 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    i feel you on that one.  the very first Browns game my son watched as a newborn was the Monday night Browns vs. Ravens game that ended in a kick 6.  Welcome to Browns fandom, little man.  He's 2 now and laughs at Browns games (or he's laughing at my outbursts during the game 😄).  I feel like it's child abuse to force him to watch the Browns, I won't even care if he follows the crowd around here and roots for the Bengals when he's older.  Maybe THE PROCESS will have worked by the time he's 5 and able to make observations about the team, one can only hope and WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I came here with JFF and stuck around because there are a lot of football smart contributors to this board. Now I am content that eventually we will all share in the turnaround that will be there some day. Kind of a nice feeling to maintain hope when all seems so dark and dreary. It's a true measure of character and God knows there are a bunch of us characters still hanging in.

  • Clark W GriswoldC Clark W Griswold wrote on last edited by
    #4

    You don't go on a historically bad run without there being multiple reasons.   The team ownership is a joke that can't stick to a plan that has repeatedly hired incompetents.  The coaching staff can't manage very simple football issues, like the clock.  The player personnel staff could do a better job in drafts by using the Sports Illustrated for Kids Coolest College Players list.  In the end, the result is predictable.

  • You don't go on a historically bad run without there being multiple reasons.   The team ownership is a joke that can't stick to a plan that has repeatedly hired incompetents.  The coaching staff can't manage very simple football issues, like the clock.  The player personnel staff could do a better job in drafts by using the Sports Illustrated for Kids Coolest College Players list.  In the end, the result is predictable.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @clark-w-griswold said:

     The team ownership is a joke that can't stick to a plan that has repeatedly hired incompetents. 

    Actually that's a pretty bad plan to stick to...

  • @clark-w-griswold said:

     The team ownership is a joke that can't stick to a plan that has repeatedly hired incompetents. 

    Actually that's a pretty bad plan to stick to...

    Clark W GriswoldC Clark W Griswold wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @tour2ma said:

    Actually that's a pretty bad plan to stick to...

    Good call.  I left an important conjunction out of there!

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    The Browns are 3rd in the NFL in yards per rush attempt but they have the 8th fewest attempts

    The Browns are 31st in yards per pass attempt but they have the 7th  most attempts with a rookie QB

    WORST HEADCOACH OF ALL-TIME!!!!!! 

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Well I was going to say when you draft players in the 1st round like Tommy Vardell but i decided to take a look at the 1992 NFL draft  and man was that just a  bad  draft

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by Clevfan4life
    #9

    I think he's a financial analyst in san fran now. ☕️

    Theres ur random useless factoid for the day. Urwelcome

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by Clevfan4life
    #10

    Isnt it funny tho, a day after a browns game its "hey wuts touchdown tommy cok licker up to these days?"

    fuk i hate being a browns fan sometimed

  • thomam3T thomam3 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Vardell did fine here in Cleveland. Quit hating. Guy is rolling in dough now. 

    The latest on Vardell 

  • The Browns are 3rd in the NFL in yards per rush attempt but they have the 8th fewest attempts

    The Browns are 31st in yards per pass attempt but they have the 7th  most attempts with a rookie QB

    WORST HEADCOACH OF ALL-TIME!!!!!! 

    thomam3T thomam3 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @browns149 said:

    The Browns are 3rd in the NFL in yards per rush attempt but they have the 8th fewest attempts

    The Browns are 31st in yards per pass attempt but they have the 7th  most attempts with a rookie QB

    WORST HEADCOACH OF ALL-TIME!!!!!! 

    Wow!! Good stat find. I think it may be time for Hue to go. That's ridiculous.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #13

    You started crying?

  • Vardell did fine here in Cleveland. Quit hating. Guy is rolling in dough now. 

    The latest on Vardell 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @thomam3 said:

    Vardell did fine here in Cleveland. Quit hating.

    "Touchdown" Tommy Vardell had all of five touchdowns in the 40 games he played for the Browns over four seasons.

    He's a weird reason to start liking a team.

  • You started crying?

    thomam3T thomam3 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @wargograw said:

    You started crying?

    Not really. Felt like it though. The browns don't make you feel like crying sometime?

  • @thomam3 said:

    Vardell did fine here in Cleveland. Quit hating.

    "Touchdown" Tommy Vardell had all of five touchdowns in the 40 games he played for the Browns over four seasons.

    He's a weird reason to start liking a team.

    thomam3T thomam3 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    "Touchdown" Tommy Vardell had all of five touchdowns in the 40 games he played for the Browns over four seasons.

    He's a weird reason to start liking a team.

    I was a fullback. Followed him a bit in college. Looked up to him as a fullback. He went to the Browns so that became my team. I was a high school aged kid. That make better sense?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    "Touchdown" Tommy Vardell had all of five touchdowns in the 40 games he played for the Browns over four seasons.

    He's a weird reason to start liking a team.

    I was a fullback. Followed him a bit in college. Looked up to him as a fullback. He went to the Browns so that became my team. I was a high school aged kid. That make better sense?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @thomam3 said:

    I was a fullback. Followed him a bit in college. Looked up to him as a fullback. He went to the Browns so that became my team. I was a high school aged kid. That make better sense?

    I guess I would think you would have picked a fullback that was actually good?

    You can be honest - it was because he was white, right? 😆

  • So I was sitting there watching the game yesterday yelling at the TV for Hue to bench our rookie wonderboy and my 5 year old walks up to me. Conversation goes...

    Maz: Why the Cleveland Browns don't win?

    Me: Why they don't win? Because they are not very good.

    Maz: Why don't they win anytime?

    I then started laughing hysterically that he even noticed that the Browns were horrible. I had no clue he even paid attention. My laugh started to slowly turn into a cry as I realized he even knew this.

    Last week I was watching the game and somewhat confident they were going to pull off the win while up with a couple minutes left. My wife walks by and I say.."the Browns might finally win!", somewhat confident they could pull it off. She simply replied "No they won't".

    I became a Browns fan because I was a fullback in high school and looked up to Tommy Vardell. They became my team. I'm not even from or live in Ohio. I'm not sure why I do this to myself but oh well. I love the Browns. It can't be this way forever can it? 😉  It will swing around. Has to. We will still be here when it does and it will feel oh so good!

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @thomam3 said:

    my 5 year old walks up to me. Conversation goes...

    Maz: Why the Cleveland Browns don't win?

    Me: Why they don't win? Because they are not very good.

    Maz: Why don't they win anytime?

    I love this!   From the mouth of babes.

    The 5 year old is dumbfounded by how the Harvard Think Tank could produce a so, 'not very good' team that they don't win ANYTIME.

  • @thomam3 said:

    I was a fullback. Followed him a bit in college. Looked up to him as a fullback. He went to the Browns so that became my team. I was a high school aged kid. That make better sense?

    I guess I would think you would have picked a fullback that was actually good?

    You can be honest - it was because he was white, right? 😆

    thomam3T thomam3 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @dutch-oven said:

    I guess I would think you would have picked a fullback that was actually good?

    You can be honest - it was because he was white, right? 😆

    He was the best fullback in the nation coming out of Stanford. 

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #20

    This board doesn't have enough bandwith to answer this question.