Who is the top non-QB prospect?
-
All the talk of Barkley, F U C K that, back the brinks truck up to Leveon Bell and bring his butt to Cleveland. Squealers won't be able sign him due to cap issues.
-
Listen, if we draft chubb ogbah is "out". He wont beat out nassib for third on the depth chart and williams might decide a smaller speed end like orchard is best to have on the roster than a stiff like ogbah. He's absolutely terrible in edge discipline i dont know why people dont know this yet
I really don't know if that's accurate. Here are some stats for you: Runs to the right side (Where Ogbah lines up 94% of run snaps)
w/ Ogbah: 2.41 ypc (zone 2.18 ypc)
w/o Ogbah: 4.55 ypc (zone 4.40 ypcThat's one example. Another? Browns now give up 3.3 yards a carry, compared to only 3.0 when Ogbah was in. Might not sound like a big deal, but it is. Browns are still at the top of the league with 3.3, but Nassib and the other replacements aren't generating the same pressure or getting the same push. Football announcers and our radio show hosts mentioned multiple times how Ogbah was beasting against the run, so I'm not sure why you would make that statement. He had 4 sacks and several tackles for loss when he was injured in November, so he probably would've ended up with around 8 sacks for the season. Not only that, he was one of the few players that could get pressure on the qb. He was having a nice season for us. Maybe not spectacular, but he was playing well for us, and it stood to reason he would only play better with Garrett back. I don't remember the exact number of games they played together, but I don't think it was too many.
I really don't know if that's accurate. Here are some stats for you: Runs to the right side (Where Ogbah lines up 94% of run snaps)
w/ Ogbah: 2.41 ypc (zone 2.18 ypc)
w/o Ogbah: 4.55 ypc (zone 4.40 ypcThat's one example. Another? Browns now give up 3.3 yards a carry, compared to only 3.0 when Ogbah was in. Might not sound like a big deal, but it is. Browns are still at the top of the league with 3.3, but Nassib and the other replacements aren't generating the same pressure or getting the same push. Football announcers and our radio show hosts mentioned multiple times how Ogbah was beasting against the run, so I'm not sure why you would make that statement. He had 4 sacks and several tackles for loss when he was injured in November, so he probably would've ended up with around 8 sacks for the season. Not only that, he was one of the few players that could get pressure on the qb. He was having a nice season for us. Maybe not spectacular, but he was playing well for us, and it stood to reason he would only play better with Garrett back. I don't remember the exact number of games they played together, but I don't think it was too many.
Collins. They slid collins over to protect that side before he got hurt. Beginning of the season multiple people, not just me, were pointing out ogbahs woeful edge discipline.
-
-
-
What does it matter? Hue obviously has something against the kid. He's not going to be given the chance.
Ideally Hogan would be the 3 year Veteran to mentor the young guy and start the season next year with Barkley, Gordon, Coleman, Njoku and Thomas.
How is a guy that came out of college two years ago and has 1-2 lifetime starts, gonna mentor rosen or someone else who's already 1-2 levels above hogan and hasnt even been drafted yet? Hogan needs the mentor. That guy that comes in and says ive got a spot for u at an insurance company they love to brag about having x pro players on staff......
️
-
What does it matter? Hue obviously has something against the kid. He's not going to be given the chance.
Ideally Hogan would be the 3 year Veteran to mentor the young guy and start the season next year with Barkley, Gordon, Coleman, Njoku and Thomas.
Precisely! Kizer keeps making all the same red zone mistakes he's made all year while Hue isn't even letting Hogan dress for games in lieu of Kessler?
I think we're all in agreement Hogan isn't on the verge of stardom. That said, some of us feel he can give us the hope Kessler is incapable of (from his fetal position in the pocket) should the carelessness of Kizer warrant the need for a relief pitcher. Hogan's only had 1 forgettable performance if we count preseason and his early relief appearances that sparked our offense. It just seems strange that the 1 player Hue is going out of his way to punish is Hogan while we're looking at 0-14 and counting with his choices.
-
I really don't know if that's accurate. Here are some stats for you: Runs to the right side (Where Ogbah lines up 94% of run snaps)
w/ Ogbah: 2.41 ypc (zone 2.18 ypc)
w/o Ogbah: 4.55 ypc (zone 4.40 ypcThat's one example. Another? Browns now give up 3.3 yards a carry, compared to only 3.0 when Ogbah was in. Might not sound like a big deal, but it is. Browns are still at the top of the league with 3.3, but Nassib and the other replacements aren't generating the same pressure or getting the same push. Football announcers and our radio show hosts mentioned multiple times how Ogbah was beasting against the run, so I'm not sure why you would make that statement. He had 4 sacks and several tackles for loss when he was injured in November, so he probably would've ended up with around 8 sacks for the season. Not only that, he was one of the few players that could get pressure on the qb. He was having a nice season for us. Maybe not spectacular, but he was playing well for us, and it stood to reason he would only play better with Garrett back. I don't remember the exact number of games they played together, but I don't think it was too many.
Collins. They slid collins over to protect that side before he got hurt. Beginning of the season multiple people, not just me, were pointing out ogbahs woeful edge discipline.
Collins. They slid collins over to protect that side before he got hurt. Beginning of the season multiple people, not just me, were pointing out ogbahs woeful edge discipline.
And that may be true, I was just pointing out some statistical data. I definitely respect your opinion, but I remember differently. In fact, I remember one time where Ogbah made a mistake that cost us, but I'm pretty sure for the most part he was considered our best rush defender for a while. Regardless, I believe he improved year 2, and he'll be even better next year (in my opinion).
-
I have seen way less tape than many people around, but if it's between a FS/SS similar to Peppers and a good CB who can also play as safety, I'd go that way.
I think Peppers has underperformed because the secondary is the worst part of our defense and he's played out of position.
There's no RB or WR that stands out as great as other years' first rounders.
Well....perhaps we will see Peppers playing a different role. With the injury to Kindred, I understand that he may be switching to Strong Safety for the next couple of games. Lets see if he can have some production there......as the way he is being played at FS, ...as my daddy used to say: He is as useless as tits on a boar hog.
Well....perhaps we will see Peppers playing a different role. With the injury to Kindred, I understand that he may be switching to Strong Safety for the next couple of games. Lets see if he can have some production there......as the way he is being played at FS, ...as my daddy used to say: He is as useless as tits on a boar hog.
Disagree. Peppers is being misused for some unknown reason.
Remember TJ Ward? Of course you do.TJ Ward wasn't very good in coverage, but was a mini-LB against the run. Peppers is a similar type player.
-
Well....perhaps we will see Peppers playing a different role. With the injury to Kindred, I understand that he may be switching to Strong Safety for the next couple of games. Lets see if he can have some production there......as the way he is being played at FS, ...as my daddy used to say: He is as useless as tits on a boar hog.
Disagree. Peppers is being misused for some unknown reason.
Remember TJ Ward? Of course you do.TJ Ward wasn't very good in coverage, but was a mini-LB against the run. Peppers is a similar type player.
-
-
Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
Height: 6-4. Weight: 216.This kid should be a priority for the browns. He will be the best Playmaker in this draft. Bank on it
Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
Height: 6-4. Weight: 216.This kid should be a priority for the browns. He will be the best Playmaker in this draft. Bank on it
Courtland Sutton is awesome - and is the perfect player on the field and off it. The only reason I have Ridley ahead of him,is because Sutton is said to not have elite speed, and doesn't have the burst to get separation in the pros. Which, given that Jerry Rice was probably said to be the same.... and had an outstanding character and work ethic like Sutton does...what does that really mean?
Means confusion, I suppose. Despite the fact that I consider Jeremiah a meathead (yes, he was a bullfrog), different execs
have different opinions. Kirk could be this draft's Antonio Bryant, Ridley is explosive, Sutton is Jerry Rice....etc
Interesting article: (note: in the video at the top - note who picks the Browns to upset the Bears..third video.)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login