Skip to content

The REAL reason we've got to win a game...

The Browns Board
61 22 2.2k 1
  • @orion said:

    Do we want to be forever linked to any team that ever goes undefeated in the preseason?    

    Forget about the stupid parade, "So, you went undefeated in preseason.  The crappy Browns did that and they didn't even win a game the whole regular season".

    .......no.......we've gotta get another Christmas Eve Christmas present.  'Cos we don't wanna see the new post season T-Shirt.

    IIRC the 0-16 Lions were 4-0 in the preseason too. We're following in their footsteps. 

    @hoorta said:

    IIRC the 0-16 Lions were 4-0 in the preseason too. We're following in their footsteps. 

    3080A846-6B89-4A6E-9B37-E13B0FE0E808.jpeg

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    We're going to go 0-16.

    No, we can beat the Bears.  The teams are fairly evenly matched.  We just can't turn the ball over..........for once.

    @orion said:

    No, we can beat the Bears.  The teams are fairly evenly matched.  We just can't turn the ball over..........for once.

    How is life in Fantasyland anyway?😁

  • @orion said:

    No, we can beat the Bears.  The teams are fairly evenly matched.  We just can't turn the ball over..........for once.

    How is life in Fantasyland anyway?😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    How is life in Fantasyland anyway?😁

    C'mon man.....we can't go 0-16.   

    Let us have a Happy Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    How is life in Fantasyland anyway?😁

    C'mon man.....we can't go 0-16.   

    Let us have a Happy Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!

    @orion said:

    C'mon man.....we can't go 0-16.   

    Let us have a Happy Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!

    This is win-win. Get two wins and everyone is happy for the Browns. Go 0-16 and we're rid of a really bad game day coach.

  • @orion said:

    C'mon man.....we can't go 0-16.   

    Let us have a Happy Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!

    This is win-win. Get two wins and everyone is happy for the Browns. Go 0-16 and we're rid of a really bad game day coach.

    @texasag1969 said:

    This is win-win. Get two wins and everyone is happy for the Browns. Go 0-16 and we're rid of a really bad game day coach.

    Not to mention a sweet parade!

  • I would say they win this weekend and I do think hue is going to be back.  I firmly believe he stuck with kizer to get the front office out of his way because they would not give him the guys he wanted.  And at this point it doesn't matter who's at qb the rest of the way but I think you'll see them play hard this week and potentially upset the stillers next week if Ab doesn't play. 

  • I also don't believe hue is a bad coach he hasn't had a qb yet that would even be a backup on any other team.  Nothing to work with and they would've get him anything he asked for 

  • I also don't believe hue is a bad coach he hasn't had a qb yet that would even be a backup on any other team.  Nothing to work with and they would've get him anything he asked for 

    @babernakle said:

    I also don't believe hue is a bad coach he hasn't had a qb yet that would even be a backup on any other team.  Nothing to work with and they would've get him anything he asked for 

    Take out the QB as a factor and you still see a guy who is the poorest red zone playcaller and far worse as a clock/timeout manager than any coach i have ever seen in the pros. He sucks.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    How is life in Fantasyland anyway?😁

    C'mon man.....we can't go 0-16.   

    Let us have a Happy Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!

    @orion said:

    C'mon man.....we can't go 0-16.   

    Let us have a Happy Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!

    0-16? Sure we can, a near guaranteed loss. A Brownout against the Bears will affect my Christmas not at all. I will drink some of Ag's Diplomatico Riserva rum, and all will be well. Have a good friend stopping by Christmas Day- and Ag, you probably don't want to hear what wines we're opening. 

  • @orion said:

    C'mon man.....we can't go 0-16.   

    Let us have a Happy Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!

    0-16? Sure we can, a near guaranteed loss. A Brownout against the Bears will affect my Christmas not at all. I will drink some of Ag's Diplomatico Riserva rum, and all will be well. Have a good friend stopping by Christmas Day- and Ag, you probably don't want to hear what wines we're opening. 

    @hoorta said:

    0-16? Sure we can, a near guaranteed loss. A Brownout against the Bears will affect my Christmas not at all. I will drink some of Ag's Diplomatico Riserva rum, and all will be well. Have a good friend stopping by Christmas Day- and Ag, you probably don't want to hear what wines we're opening. 

    Try me.😁

  • @hoorta said:

    0-16? Sure we can, a near guaranteed loss. A Brownout against the Bears will affect my Christmas not at all. I will drink some of Ag's Diplomatico Riserva rum, and all will be well. Have a good friend stopping by Christmas Day- and Ag, you probably don't want to hear what wines we're opening. 

    Try me.😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Try me.😁

    Haven't exactly decided yet, but one of them will be an old Bordeaux. I'll post a full report tomorrow evening. Merry Christmas guy. 🙂

  • @orion said:

    C'mon man.....we can't go 0-16.   

    Let us have a Happy Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!

    0-16? Sure we can, a near guaranteed loss. A Brownout against the Bears will affect my Christmas not at all. I will drink some of Ag's Diplomatico Riserva rum, and all will be well. Have a good friend stopping by Christmas Day- and Ag, you probably don't want to hear what wines we're opening. 

    @hoorta said:

    0-16? Sure we can, a near guaranteed loss. A Brownout against the Bears will affect my Christmas not at all. I will drink some of Ag's Diplomatico Riserva rum, and all will be well. Have a good friend stopping by Christmas Day- and Ag, you probably don't want to hear what wines we're opening. 

    I hope we win...but a loss certainly won't ruin my day any more than the last 50 or so losses.  This team has a lot of winning to do before I let a loss by this team ruin my day.    As our friend Ed (roach) said this morning....who gives a flying fuck either way today?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Try me.😁

    Haven't exactly decided yet, but one of them will be an old Bordeaux. I'll post a full report tomorrow evening. Merry Christmas guy. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    Haven't exactly decided yet, but one of them will be an old Bordeaux. I'll post a full report tomorrow evening. Merry Christmas guy. 🙂

    Merry Christmas to you too Larry.                 Bill

  • 3 lousy points. 

    What an embarrassment 

  • @hoorta said:

    0-16? Sure we can, a near guaranteed loss. A Brownout against the Bears will affect my Christmas not at all. I will drink some of Ag's Diplomatico Riserva rum, and all will be well. Have a good friend stopping by Christmas Day- and Ag, you probably don't want to hear what wines we're opening. 

    Try me.😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Try me.😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Merry Christmas to you too Larry.                 Bill

    It was very Merry. One of my old HS pals and his wife stopped by. The lineup- 2001 Bernkasteler Doctor Spatlese, 1986 Chateau Pichon LaLande (our anniversary year - I bought a lot of '86 everything). Eclipsed by a totally mind blowing 1990 Chateau Figeac.  Followed by a sip or three of your Diplomatico rum. (thanks Bill- it's great stuff) 🙂 

    Speaking of '90- friends Paul and Mary got married in 1990. And it's the one promise I've had to renege on. There's one wine our local merchant let me buy on the "Installment Plan". It was a a bottle of 1990 Chateau Petrus. Told Paul let's open it on your 25th anniversary- um, when the time came- took a look on wine searcher and wine bid, and I love you guys, but that's plain crazy. @ $150 bucks an ounce- I  need to find a millionaire buyer who will appreciate what he's getting more than I ever would. 

    PS we exchanged bottles of Wayne Gretzy cabernet and Napa Cellars cab.  🙂  

  • Did you have to take out  a second mortgage for that Petrus? LOL! Can't blame you for holding out on that one. I had a sip or two of my Diplomatico and mixed some El Dorado 12 y.o. Guyana rum into eggnog with nutmeg sprinkled on top. Didn't have any wine drinkers over, so I'll just save those Cabs, Bordeauxs and Chianti Classico Reservas for myself. Someone has to drink them.😁

  • Did you have to take out  a second mortgage for that Petrus? LOL! Can't blame you for holding out on that one. I had a sip or two of my Diplomatico and mixed some El Dorado 12 y.o. Guyana rum into eggnog with nutmeg sprinkled on top. Didn't have any wine drinkers over, so I'll just save those Cabs, Bordeauxs and Chianti Classico Reservas for myself. Someone has to drink them.😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Did you have to take out  a second mortgage for that Petrus? LOL! Can't blame you for holding out on that one. I had a sip or two of my Diplomatico and mixed some El Dorado 12 y.o. Guyana rum into eggnog with nutmeg sprinkled on top. Didn't have any wine drinkers over, so I'll just save those Cabs, Bordeauxs and Chianti Classico Reservas for myself. Someone has to drink them.😁

    Nope, regarding the Petrus it was back in the (sort of) good old days when normal human beings could afford wine like that. Bought the bottle in '92 on release for $300 ($50 X 6) easily worth 10X that now.   BTW, if you're interested I'll put you on the invite list this coming July when  I open the long threatened Double Magnum of 1982 Mouton Rothschild. Bought on release for $240. That's one I can't back out of- it's been promised to too many guys too often.  🙂 PS, the nasty retailers when '82  Bordeaux futures were first offered- wouldn't sell anyone their stocks of Petrus at the premier tranche price- which was $50 bucks. (Wisely waited until it hit $300, then it was- "How much do you want?")   Boogers. My '82 First Growths that I bought back then a little after that,  were in the $40 a bottle range. My two cases of 1982 Chateau Pavie set me back $144 a case, and I'm still kicking myself I could have bought all the 1977 Vintage Ports I wanted to at the same time for $10 bucks a bottle.  

  • The 0-16 parade has picked up corporate sponsorship...it’s gonna be reality.

  • Go Ahead, have your parade:

    giphy.gif

  • A parade for winning zero football games.  How stupid is that?