Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Star Wars VIII

Star Wars VIII

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
4 Posts 4 Posters 430 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Nero NeroN Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 2k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I won't make a long review about the film. I came here expecting that WSS or Gipper would have done one, but I'kk start myself and I'm looking forward to your opinion.

    I didn't like the script. Not only because there weren't many dialogues worth remembering, but because I think the movie wants to keep you all the time under stress, and my feeling is that there's not a lot of time to rest. About the humor that every action film tends to have nowadays, there's only one thing I laughed about during the film and I don't know whether it was a joke or not (hint: sometimes it's about saving what you love... Idk if those were the exact words)

    I did like some of the stuff they did in Episode VII that was kind of a throwback, but I feel like they ran out of ideas and by now they are repeating same plots already used in the past. I don't remember any memorable music piece, maybe it is because I loved what they did in Ep VII playing to sound like Williams but changing elements. I found it really entertaining to see how music developed from some known tunes into other variations. It didn't happen to me with this film. 

    There are positives, though. I like Rey and what did Luke evolve into, but I don't kind of get the feeling I had with Darth Vader with the 'new bad boys'. Maybe it is because Vader was so charismatic that is difficult to be at his level.

    One thing I loved about the film, and it's something that I tend to enjoy in the Saga, is the photography. There are some very beautiful pictures.

    In conclusion, I liked the film but I ended up feeling it lacks action, and maybe that makes it require a weight in the script that it doesn't have, as the story isn't great either. It's a film you can enjoy if you are a fan, and probably provides enough entertainment, but it won't strike you as a great film.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
      • 39k Posts
      • 9k Reputation
      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Glad to have anybody pitch in. Usually I don't post my reviews until they've come out and print but glad to have this one. I actually put this one on the back burner so far I've seen ladybird and Wonder Wheel and I expect to see a few more by the end of the month just because this is when they start unloading the Oscar truck.

      WSS

      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
      hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • W Westside Steve

        Glad to have anybody pitch in. Usually I don't post my reviews until they've come out and print but glad to have this one. I actually put this one on the back burner so far I've seen ladybird and Wonder Wheel and I expect to see a few more by the end of the month just because this is when they start unloading the Oscar truck.

        WSS

        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 20k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @westside-steve said:

        Glad to have anybody pitch in. Usually I don't post my reviews until they've come out and print but glad to have this one. I actually put this one on the back burner so far I've seen ladybird and Wonder Wheel and I expect to see a few more by the end of the month just because this is when they start unloading the Oscar truck.

        WSS

        Steve caught the movie yesterday. You know me- Mr. Si-Fy geek. absolutely love the movie. All the action you could want, and one nice plot twist. Only slight dragging with the interaction between Rey and Luke. Some have called it the best Star Wars ever, and I tend to agree.  🙂  

        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
          • 15k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Star wars VI was a bit of a disappointment to me. I'll probably catch this when it comes out on video. I'll rip y'all copies of it if you want 

          Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Theme
          • System
          • Light
          • Dark
          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Forums
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Donate