Independence Bowl Could/Should be Canceled?
-
A. This game is in no danger of being cancelled.
B. Merely miscounting the D1 wins wasn't the oversight here. It was stupid. But no one's THAT stupid. It had to do with the percentage of scholarship players or something like that of one of these schools. It's part of the bowl qualification rules that very few teams know about.
-
yep. Definitely in danger of being cancelled.
-
yep. Definitely in danger of being cancelled.
yep. Definitely in danger of being cancelled.
I never said there was any danger.....and I don't know about counting "scholarships" I thought that there are in fact differences in the number of scholarships allowed between FCS and FBS. I thought the scholarship limit was one of the thing that distinguished between FCS and FBS. Or is it just "attendance".
-
“The Independence Bowl is actually somewhat in danger of being cancelled.”
-
“The Independence Bowl is actually somewhat in danger of being cancelled.”
Yes....that was the headline that I repeated....and what I meant was that by rule....it should have been cancelled....and some discussion was had....mostly in the media about it being cancelled...but, in reality....it was never going to be canceled due to the money that would be lost.
-
Mhmm. Suuuuure
-
Mhmm. Suuuuure
Sure...by rule FSU should never have been awarded a bowl game in the first place....and by rule their participation in a bowl game should have been denied...either by cancellation or substitution. But the fact is: Money won out over the rules.
Do you disagree with that?
-
-
Mhmm. Suuuuure
Sure...by rule FSU should never have been awarded a bowl game in the first place....and by rule their participation in a bowl game should have been denied...either by cancellation or substitution. But the fact is: Money won out over the rules.
Do you disagree with that?
Sure...by rule FSU should never have been awarded a bowl game in the first place....and by rule their participation in a bowl game should have been denied...either by cancellation or substitution. But the fact is: Money won out over the rules.
Do you disagree with that?
That's not what we were talking about. The game never had a prayer of being cancelled. You said it did.
And yes, I disagree with that since FSU showed the proof that everything was on the up and up.
-
Sure...by rule FSU should never have been awarded a bowl game in the first place....and by rule their participation in a bowl game should have been denied...either by cancellation or substitution. But the fact is: Money won out over the rules.
Do you disagree with that?
That's not what we were talking about. The game never had a prayer of being cancelled. You said it did.
And yes, I disagree with that since FSU showed the proof that everything was on the up and up.
That's not what we were talking about. The game never had a prayer of being cancelled. You said it did.
And yes, I disagree with that since FSU showed the proof that everything was on the up and up.
I am saying that by rule it could/should be cancelled. So I guess there was some prayer in their. But no, it was not going to happen.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login