Trubisky and Garrett today the truth comes out
-
TC, two thoughts. Regarding the increase in franchise value, that's not anything Jimmy has done. It's "the rising tide raises all the boats."
Second, I'm paying more for beer ($10 ripoff) and my tickets than I was 5 years ago.
The stadium looks empty because a lot of the season ticket holders aren't even bothering showing up for the games anymore. The 100 level is still 100% sold out. As I've tried to explain to War, those seats are being held on to in faint hopes of better days ahead.
He’s also talking about the value of an NFL franchise. Even though it’s an unrealized gain (or loss) until he actually sells the team.
He’s also talking about the value of an NFL franchise. Even though it’s an unrealized gain (or loss) until he actually sells the team.
Not just franchise value. Revenue is steadily increasing year-over-year while overhead isn't rising at a near commensurate rate. It's not like he's turning around and re-investing whatever profit he has into the team to increase the franchise value. He's not pulling a Bezos and reporting a loss each year because he's investing in the future of the franchise. He's pulling a profit, making his money each year and benefitting from the other 31 teams in the league at the same time.
TC, two thoughts. Regarding the increase in franchise value, that's not anything Jimmy has done. It's "the rising tide raises all the boats."
Second, I'm paying more for beer ($10 ripoff) and my tickets than I was 5 years ago.
The stadium looks empty because a lot of the season ticket holders aren't even bothering showing up for the games anymore. The 100 level is still 100% sold out. As I've tried to explain to War, those seats are being held on to in faint hopes of better days ahead.
I wasn't saying it was anything Jimmy has done. I'm simply pointing out that it doesn't matter what he does or what we as fans do, he'll still make money.
Could he make more if we were better? Sure. But he's not losing money by any stretch of the imagination. Gate sales are just a tiny portion of the pie.
The Browns attendance is down roughly 60k annually. Without those asses in the seats, Jimmah can’t sell them $8 beers or $14 cheeseburgers. Not to mention the souvenirs and other trinkets. I share club seats with a couple of friends when I go to a game. There are large sections of the upper concourse that are now vacant and sit dark. You can’t tell me Jimmah is making as much profit as he used to with less fans.
He still can and he still does sell those $8 beers and $14 cheeseburgers. But that doesn't really matter. Comparatively speaking, concession sales are a small part of the pie. Merchandise and gate sales are part of the revenue sharing program, so while "butts in the seats" will obviously have some small effect on overall merchandise sales, it's not nearly as important as its made out to be.
The only ticket sales that aren't part of the revenue sharing program are club seats and luxury suites.
The loss of 8k fans per game is actually just a drop in the bucket compared to the money they receive from suite sales, revshared merchandise and ticket sales, and the TV contracts. Let's assume that the average fan is worth $200 per game. Assuming a 60k attendance drop year-over-year, that's a loss of roughly $12mm per year. The NFL distributed $7.8 billion in TV revenue alone last year - about $244 million per team. That's just the television revenue alone.
I understand your point that more fans = more money. But I'm saying that it really doesn't matter as much as people like to believe.
-
https://www.statista.com/statistics/195255/revenue-of-the-cleveland-browns-since-2006/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/194456/franchise-value-of-the-cleveland-browns-since-2006/
TC, two thoughts. Regarding the increase in franchise value, that's not anything Jimmy has done. It's "the rising tide raises all the boats."
Second, I'm paying more for beer ($10 ripoff) and my tickets than I was 5 years ago.
The stadium looks empty because a lot of the season ticket holders aren't even bothering showing up for the games anymore. The 100 level is still 100% sold out. As I've tried to explain to War, those seats are being held on to in faint hopes of better days ahead.
TC, two thoughts. Regarding the increase in franchise value, that's not anything Jimmy has done. It's "the rising tide raises all the boats."
Second, I'm paying more for beer ($10 ripoff) and my tickets than I was 5 years ago.
The stadium looks empty because a lot of the season ticket holders aren't even bothering showing up for the games anymore. The 100 level is still 100% sold out. As I've tried to explain to War, those seats are being held on to in faint hopes of better days ahead.
You can’t say “I’m giving Jimmy my money” in the same breath as “Jimmy is losing my money.”
-
TC, two thoughts. Regarding the increase in franchise value, that's not anything Jimmy has done. It's "the rising tide raises all the boats."
Second, I'm paying more for beer ($10 ripoff) and my tickets than I was 5 years ago.
The stadium looks empty because a lot of the season ticket holders aren't even bothering showing up for the games anymore. The 100 level is still 100% sold out. As I've tried to explain to War, those seats are being held on to in faint hopes of better days ahead.
You can’t say “I’m giving Jimmy my money” in the same breath as “Jimmy is losing my money.”
You can’t say “I’m giving Jimmy my money” in the same breath as “Jimmy is losing my money.”
You just like to argue for the hell of it? OK, how about.... Jimmy is not currently giving me fair value for price paid? Can't understand this is the equivalent of a stock that's hit rock bottom, and is only being held onto for the kids enjoyment when I kick off? See the Fords selling off all their stock in FMC when it tanked to $2 a share?
-
Its why we tailgate, by the time I get inside I'm too damn full to buy anything else.
The last time I parked downtown for a game it was $20, and I had to fight traffic and I also had to walk a mile.
For last several years, I drive to the Brook Park rapid station and pay $5 for a round trip ticket...and I get dropped off at the stadium.
The last time I parked downtown for a game it was $20, and I had to fight traffic and I also had to walk a mile.
For last several years, I drive to the Brook Park rapid station and pay $5 for a round trip ticket...and I get dropped off at the stadium.
If the train came out my way I would consider doing the same.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login