Skip to content

Browns 2018 schedule

The Browns Board
18 7 1.3k
  • The Browns 2018 schedule is pretty well set, in terms of who they are going to play next year.  Note, they will obviously be playing the home and home with their division foes.  They will play the round robin with teams from the AFC West, and from the NFC South.  They will then also play the last place teams from the AFC South and the AFC East.  So, here are their opponents:

    Home:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Kansas City, LA Chargers,  Atlanta, Carolina, and the NY Jets

    Away:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Denver, the Raiders, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Indianapolis Colts

    In theory it is possible that this may change.  If the Colts defeat the Texans on Sunday, they will each be at a record of 4-12.  We would have to figure out the tiebreaker between them as to who would be considered the last place team.

    Similarly, in the AFC East, the Jets right now are at 5-10, and the Dolphins are at 6-9.  If the Jets win and Dolphins lose they would be tied....and then the tiebreakers would apply.  

    But, note, the Jets are playing the Pats....in Foxboro I believe....who are going for home field advantage.....so it is fat chance that the Jets would win.  Also, the Dolphins play the Bills, who are shooting for a playoff spot.  But I believe that game is being held in Miami.  So I think that the schedule as I printed above is going to be solid, except for that Colts/DAT matchup which could change things. 

    Also....a question to be asked:   are the Raiders continuing to play in Oakland next year?   I don't think they are scheduled to move to Vegas for another couple of years, are they?

    @the-gipper said:

    The Browns 2018 schedule is pretty well set, in terms of who they are going to play next year.  Note, they will obviously be playing the home and home with their division foes.  They will play the round robin with teams from the AFC West, and from the NFC South.  They will then also play the last place teams from the AFC South and the AFC East.  So, here are their opponents:

    Home:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Kansas City, LA Chargers,  Atlanta, Carolina, and the NY Jets

    Away:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Denver, the Raiders, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Indianapolis Colts

    In theory it is possible that this may change.  If the Colts defeat the Texans on Sunday, they will each be at a record of 4-12.  We would have to figure out the tiebreaker between them as to who would be considered the last place team.

    Similarly, in the AFC East, the Jets right now are at 5-10, and the Dolphins are at 6-9.  If the Jets win and Dolphins lose they would be tied....and then the tiebreakers would apply.  

    But, note, the Jets are playing the Pats....in Foxboro I believe....who are going for home field advantage.....so it is fat chance that the Jets would win.  Also, the Dolphins play the Bills, who are shooting for a playoff spot.  But I believe that game is being held in Miami.  So I think that the schedule as I printed above is going to be solid, except for that Colts/DAT matchup which could change things. 

    Also....a question to be asked:   are the Raiders continuing to play in Oakland next year?   I don't think they are scheduled to move to Vegas for another couple of years, are they?

    Haven't been to New Orleans yet. Tampa would be a cheap trip for me, Allegiant Air has budget nonstop flights to Tampa\St. Pete, and I have a place to stay. (you can bet Zombo will make the drive up from Naples) Indy is a shorter drive than Cleveland. It will depend what part of the season those game are. Previous game in Tampa was in October, and it was 95 degrees in the shade.  🙁  

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Browns 2018 schedule is pretty well set, in terms of who they are going to play next year.  Note, they will obviously be playing the home and home with their division foes.  They will play the round robin with teams from the AFC West, and from the NFC South.  They will then also play the last place teams from the AFC South and the AFC East.  So, here are their opponents:

    Home:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Kansas City, LA Chargers,  Atlanta, Carolina, and the NY Jets

    Away:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Denver, the Raiders, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Indianapolis Colts

    In theory it is possible that this may change.  If the Colts defeat the Texans on Sunday, they will each be at a record of 4-12.  We would have to figure out the tiebreaker between them as to who would be considered the last place team.

    Similarly, in the AFC East, the Jets right now are at 5-10, and the Dolphins are at 6-9.  If the Jets win and Dolphins lose they would be tied....and then the tiebreakers would apply.  

    But, note, the Jets are playing the Pats....in Foxboro I believe....who are going for home field advantage.....so it is fat chance that the Jets would win.  Also, the Dolphins play the Bills, who are shooting for a playoff spot.  But I believe that game is being held in Miami.  So I think that the schedule as I printed above is going to be solid, except for that Colts/DAT matchup which could change things. 

    Also....a question to be asked:   are the Raiders continuing to play in Oakland next year?   I don't think they are scheduled to move to Vegas for another couple of years, are they?

    Haven't been to New Orleans yet. Tampa would be a cheap trip for me, Allegiant Air has budget nonstop flights to Tampa\St. Pete, and I have a place to stay. (you can bet Zombo will make the drive up from Naples) Indy is a shorter drive than Cleveland. It will depend what part of the season those game are. Previous game in Tampa was in October, and it was 95 degrees in the shade.  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    Haven't been to New Orleans yet. Tampa would be a cheap trip for me, Allegiant Air has budget nonstop flights to Tampa\St. Pete, and I have a place to stay. (you can bet Zombo will make the drive up from Naples) Indy is a shorter drive than Cleveland. It will depend what part of the season those game are. Previous game in Tampa was in October, and it was 95 degrees in the shade.  🙁  

    Orleans would be cool, we are planning for Houston again and possibly Oakland but we are flexible and NO would be a great trip.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Browns 2018 schedule is pretty well set, in terms of who they are going to play next year.  Note, they will obviously be playing the home and home with their division foes.  They will play the round robin with teams from the AFC West, and from the NFC South.  They will then also play the last place teams from the AFC South and the AFC East.  So, here are their opponents:

    Home:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Kansas City, LA Chargers,  Atlanta, Carolina, and the NY Jets

    Away:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Denver, the Raiders, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Indianapolis Colts

    In theory it is possible that this may change.  If the Colts defeat the Texans on Sunday, they will each be at a record of 4-12.  We would have to figure out the tiebreaker between them as to who would be considered the last place team.

    Similarly, in the AFC East, the Jets right now are at 5-10, and the Dolphins are at 6-9.  If the Jets win and Dolphins lose they would be tied....and then the tiebreakers would apply.  

    But, note, the Jets are playing the Pats....in Foxboro I believe....who are going for home field advantage.....so it is fat chance that the Jets would win.  Also, the Dolphins play the Bills, who are shooting for a playoff spot.  But I believe that game is being held in Miami.  So I think that the schedule as I printed above is going to be solid, except for that Colts/DAT matchup which could change things. 

    Also....a question to be asked:   are the Raiders continuing to play in Oakland next year?   I don't think they are scheduled to move to Vegas for another couple of years, are they?

    if the colts win they will be 3rd with 2 wins against the texans. I want to go back to Houston again so that is how I want it to go.

    @topdawg31 said:

    if the colts win they will be 3rd with 2 wins against the texans. I want to go back to Houston again so that is how I want it to go.

    Yes....we root for a Colts win then.  For the draft pick.

    Now, if that happens, then the Browns would be playing in all of the following:   Tampa,  New Orleans, and Houston.

    In other words:  All the teams on the Gulf of Mexico....i.e.:  Hurricane Alley.    With Global warming is there any doubt that it is possible that one of those games would be affected by a hurricane?  That is what partially messed up my trip plans to go to Houston last year. 

    Now, a late October...early November...even into early December in New Orleans could be a trip worth considering.....since that is what I had planned for last year which fell through. 

  • @topdawg31 said:

    if the colts win they will be 3rd with 2 wins against the texans. I want to go back to Houston again so that is how I want it to go.

    Yes....we root for a Colts win then.  For the draft pick.

    Now, if that happens, then the Browns would be playing in all of the following:   Tampa,  New Orleans, and Houston.

    In other words:  All the teams on the Gulf of Mexico....i.e.:  Hurricane Alley.    With Global warming is there any doubt that it is possible that one of those games would be affected by a hurricane?  That is what partially messed up my trip plans to go to Houston last year. 

    Now, a late October...early November...even into early December in New Orleans could be a trip worth considering.....since that is what I had planned for last year which fell through. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes....we root for a Colts win then.  For the draft pick.

    Now, if that happens, then the Browns would be playing in all of the following:   Tampa,  New Orleans, and Houston.

    In other words:  All the teams on the Gulf of Mexico....i.e.:  Hurricane Alley.    With Global warming is there any doubt that it is possible that one of those games would be affected by a hurricane?  That is what partially messed up my trip plans to go to Houston last year. 

    Now, a late October...early November...even into early December in New Orleans could be a trip worth considering.....since that is what I had planned for last year which fell through. 

    The Gulf Coast theme makes for fun trips, Id put off a Cali trip for another season to follow that theme.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Browns 2018 schedule is pretty well set, in terms of who they are going to play next year.  Note, they will obviously be playing the home and home with their division foes.  They will play the round robin with teams from the AFC West, and from the NFC South.  They will then also play the last place teams from the AFC South and the AFC East.  So, here are their opponents:

    Home:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Kansas City, LA Chargers,  Atlanta, Carolina, and the NY Jets

    Away:

    Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Denver, the Raiders, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Indianapolis Colts

    In theory it is possible that this may change.  If the Colts defeat the Texans on Sunday, they will each be at a record of 4-12.  We would have to figure out the tiebreaker between them as to who would be considered the last place team.

    Similarly, in the AFC East, the Jets right now are at 5-10, and the Dolphins are at 6-9.  If the Jets win and Dolphins lose they would be tied....and then the tiebreakers would apply.  

    But, note, the Jets are playing the Pats....in Foxboro I believe....who are going for home field advantage.....so it is fat chance that the Jets would win.  Also, the Dolphins play the Bills, who are shooting for a playoff spot.  But I believe that game is being held in Miami.  So I think that the schedule as I printed above is going to be solid, except for that Colts/DAT matchup which could change things. 

    Also....a question to be asked:   are the Raiders continuing to play in Oakland next year?   I don't think they are scheduled to move to Vegas for another couple of years, are they?

    Haven't been to New Orleans yet. Tampa would be a cheap trip for me, Allegiant Air has budget nonstop flights to Tampa\St. Pete, and I have a place to stay. (you can bet Zombo will make the drive up from Naples) Indy is a shorter drive than Cleveland. It will depend what part of the season those game are. Previous game in Tampa was in October, and it was 95 degrees in the shade.  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    Haven't been to New Orleans yet. Tampa would be a cheap trip for me, Allegiant Air has budget nonstop flights to Tampa\St. Pete, and I have a place to stay. (you can bet Zombo will make the drive up from Naples) Indy is a shorter drive than Cleveland. It will depend what part of the season those game are. Previous game in Tampa was in October, and it was 95 degrees in the shade.  🙁  

    Yea,.....and next year they will probably schedule for like early/mid Sept.....when it will be 100+ in the shade.  If they do have to do that triple Gulf Coast swing....1 or 2 of those games will be played in the sauna  (though I know that N.O. plays in a dome....don't the Texans also play in a dome?)

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes....we root for a Colts win then.  For the draft pick.

    Now, if that happens, then the Browns would be playing in all of the following:   Tampa,  New Orleans, and Houston.

    In other words:  All the teams on the Gulf of Mexico....i.e.:  Hurricane Alley.    With Global warming is there any doubt that it is possible that one of those games would be affected by a hurricane?  That is what partially messed up my trip plans to go to Houston last year. 

    Now, a late October...early November...even into early December in New Orleans could be a trip worth considering.....since that is what I had planned for last year which fell through. 

    The Gulf Coast theme makes for fun trips, Id put off a Cali trip for another season to follow that theme.

    @topdawg31 said:

    The Gulf Coast theme makes for fun trips, Id put off a Cali trip for another season to follow that theme.

    See this thread from last year.   This was my trip that got waylaid due to  costs/time/weather.  I could consider doing some part or all of it again.

    /topic/47416

    It would, as I said, be much better to do in like Mid November  when the oppressive heat and humidity is gone from the Gulf region.

    How about this:  Have the Browns play in back to back road games in New Orleans and Houston. You could make a complete 8-9 day trip of it.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    The Gulf Coast theme makes for fun trips, Id put off a Cali trip for another season to follow that theme.

    See this thread from last year.   This was my trip that got waylaid due to  costs/time/weather.  I could consider doing some part or all of it again.

    /topic/47416

    It would, as I said, be much better to do in like Mid November  when the oppressive heat and humidity is gone from the Gulf region.

    How about this:  Have the Browns play in back to back road games in New Orleans and Houston. You could make a complete 8-9 day trip of it.

    @the-gipper said:

    See this thread from last year.   This was my trip that got waylaid due to  costs/time/weather.  I could consider doing some part or all of it again.

    /topic/47416

    It would, as I said, be much better to do in like Mid November  when the oppressive heat and humidity is gone from the Gulf region.

    How about this:  Have the Browns play in back to back road games in New Orleans and Houston. You could make a complete 8-9 day trip of it.

    that would be a fun week and a half, fly into either one drive to the other then fly home.

  • Here is an article on the Raiders move.  They will be in Oakland this next season....but it is still up in the air when they will move after that apparently:

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/when-will-the-raiders-actually-move-to-las-vegas-here-are-the-scenarios/

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is an article on the Raiders move.  They will be in Oakland this next season....but it is still up in the air when they will move after that apparently:

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/when-will-the-raiders-actually-move-to-las-vegas-here-are-the-scenarios/

    This article.is almost a year old.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is an article on the Raiders move.  They will be in Oakland this next season....but it is still up in the air when they will move after that apparently:

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/when-will-the-raiders-actually-move-to-las-vegas-here-are-the-scenarios/

    This article.is almost a year old.

    @ghoolie said:

    This article.is almost a year old.

    I thought I remember reading that there are more delays and it could take an additional year for the build. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is an article on the Raiders move.  They will be in Oakland this next season....but it is still up in the air when they will move after that apparently:

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/when-will-the-raiders-actually-move-to-las-vegas-here-are-the-scenarios/

    This article.is almost a year old.

    @ghoolie said:

    This article.is almost a year old.

    Yes.....and I found nothing more current.  If you have found something.....please, by all means, post it.

  • @hoorta said:

    Haven't been to New Orleans yet. Tampa would be a cheap trip for me, Allegiant Air has budget nonstop flights to Tampa\St. Pete, and I have a place to stay. (you can bet Zombo will make the drive up from Naples) Indy is a shorter drive than Cleveland. It will depend what part of the season those game are. Previous game in Tampa was in October, and it was 95 degrees in the shade.  🙁  

    Yea,.....and next year they will probably schedule for like early/mid Sept.....when it will be 100+ in the shade.  If they do have to do that triple Gulf Coast swing....1 or 2 of those games will be played in the sauna  (though I know that N.O. plays in a dome....don't the Texans also play in a dome?)

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea,.....and next year they will probably schedule for like early/mid Sept.....when it will be 100+ in the shade.  If they do have to do that triple Gulf Coast swing....1 or 2 of those games will be played in the sauna  (though I know that N.O. plays in a dome....don't the Texans also play in a dome?)

    Texans do indeed play in a Dome...