Camp Allen/RUDOLPH
-
and here is a real good explanation of the Oklahoma State offense - it's a fun read, to me.
Looks to me like Rudolph and Allen are going to be big names in the NFL. First time I watched Rudolph play all year.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/19/16432444/mike-gundy-oklahoma-state-football-offense
-
lol
-
Yeah so was Weeden. i'm so scared of the Big 12 QBs, which includes Baker Mayfield.
-
-
and here is a real good explanation of the Oklahoma State offense - it's a fun read, to me.
Looks to me like Rudolph and Allen are going to be big names in the NFL. First time I watched Rudolph play all year.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/19/16432444/mike-gundy-oklahoma-state-football-offense
Looks to me like Rudolph and Allen are going to be big names in the NFL. First time I watched Rudolph play all year.
You had me at Rudolf..............................................wait for it.......................................and lost me at Allen.

EDIT: And if you watched games with those two then you should know the difference is night and day.
-
of course there is a big difference. But there is a big difference between Tom Brady and John Elway. Between Joe Montana and Kenny Stabler. Between bargsrapistberger and cam newton. Between Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan. Nobody anywhere said they were the same type of qb, strawman. Between Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar....
Different style qb's can be successful in the NFL. You can build around either one. If you see the field quickly, etc, etc, love the game, can make all the throws accurately...a team can thrive with either one. Allen could stay in the pocket a lot more in he pros... both could thrive in the NFL. Weeden was strictly a one read wonder - couldn't see it in the pros. Read about the Oklahoma State offense now - it is still a spread - but that doesn't mean that Rudolph or every spread offense qb is weeden. That is just really dumb.
https://pistolsfiringblog.com/mason-rudolph-not-your-typical-air-raid-quarterback/.
-
Big 12 QBs should be avoided like ball cancer. All of them put up video game numbers then amount to nothing in the pros.
-
Allen is the QB who is taken in round one and gets that GM the sack within two years.
-
Just to be clear...you are saying that Mason Rudolph is Tom Brady and Josh Allen is John Elway.
-
Just to be clear...you are saying that Mason Rudolph is Tom Brady and Josh Allen is John Elway.
Just to be clear...you are saying that Mason Rudolph is Tom Brady and Josh Allen is John Elway.
Or is he saying they are David Carr and Joey Harrington, respectively? Perhaps more accurate?
-
Just to be clear...you are saying that Mason Rudolph is Tom Brady and Josh Allen is John Elway.
Or is he saying they are David Carr and Joey Harrington, respectively? Perhaps more accurate?
Or is he saying they are David Carr and Joey Harrington, respectively? Perhaps more accurate?
I think he is saying Rudolph is Brady and Allen is Joey Heatherton.
-
Are we talking second, or third round?
Or are you talking about a different team taking these guys?
Because we have the 1st overall pick, and neither of these guys are worthy of that...
-
Are we talking second, or third round?
Or are you talking about a different team taking these guys?
Because we have the 1st overall pick, and neither of these guys are worthy of that...
Are we talking second, or third round?
Or are you talking about a different team taking these guys?
Because we have the 1st overall pick, and neither of these guys are worthy of that...
???......but I am not really sure that any of the other names you can come up with are any worthier. i.e. Rosen or Darnold or Mayfield or Jackson.
Honestly, I do not think I am really seeing it with these guys. The David Carr/Harrington analogy may more aptly apply to them...if those are whom you deem "worthy".
-
Are we talking second, or third round?
Or are you talking about a different team taking these guys?
Because we have the 1st overall pick, and neither of these guys are worthy of that...
Because we have the 1st overall pick, and neither of these guys are worthy of that...
Maybe, but nor are the others that may claim eligibility? Both play QB & we need 3. Both still sitting on board say after pick 22? Some team always moves up from 2nd round to take 5th year option on a QB? Rudolph maybe that guy based on completion percentage alone.
-
Because we have the 1st overall pick, and neither of these guys are worthy of that...
Maybe, but nor are the others that may claim eligibility? Both play QB & we need 3. Both still sitting on board say after pick 22? Some team always moves up from 2nd round to take 5th year option on a QB? Rudolph maybe that guy based on completion percentage alone.
Maybe, but nor are the others that may claim eligibility? Both play QB & we need 3. Both still sitting on board say after pick 22? Some team always moves up from 2nd round to take 5th year option on a QB? Rudolph maybe that guy based on completion percentage alone.
With our QB room? I would not be bothered if they picked up a guy at either #1 or #4 overall (you know...they may not draft a QB at #1)....and then pick up a guy with one of our 3 picks in round 2.
If Rudolph dropped...I may like to see him be that guy. I mean....what are they going to do...keep either Kessler or Hogan?
But you know...I have a feeling that Rudolph would probably go at least late 1st round. Think of the teams that need to start looking at QBOTF, even though they are good now: Pats, Saints, Steelers, Chargers, Cardinals, maybe Vikings, maybe Packers, Redskins, Giants clearly, Bills, plus Browns.....
That is at least 10 teams that could be in the market for a QB.
-
Yeah so was Weeden. i'm so scared of the Big 12 QBs, which includes Baker Mayfield.
Well, I'm scared of Notre Dame Qbs- and we got Kizer. Mayfield is nothing like We-done. I'd suggest watching the Rose Bowl New Year's Day.
Allen is the QB who is taken in round one and gets that GM the sack within two years.
Amen there London. Cal's got this (wrong) idea that somehow Allen is accurate- he's not- by a long shot. Sure he's got a big arm, in a puff piece before the Potato Bowl they showed him throwing a pass 80 yards in the air. If a big arm was all it took, we'd already be comparing Deshone Kizer to Ben Roethlisberger....
With our QB room? I would not be bothered if they picked up a guy at either #1 or #4 overall (you know...they may not draft a QB at #1)....and then pick up a guy with one of our 3 picks in round 2.
If Rudolph dropped...I may like to see him be that guy. I mean....what are they going to do...keep either Kessler or Hogan?
But you know...I have a feeling that Rudolph would probably go at least late 1st round. Think of the teams that need to start looking at QBOTF, even though they are good now: Pats, Saints, Steelers, Chargers, Cardinals, maybe Vikings, maybe Packers, Redskins, Giants clearly, Bills, plus Browns.....
That is at least 10 teams that could be in the market for a QB.
The fans just might riot if we don't take a qb @ #1 overall Gip- not that we could do anything about it. The only way that's not happening is if someone wants to sell the ranch to move up to that spot. Depending on who's doing the selling- we can easily move back up from #4 to #2 to get the qb- assuming we have a couple guys we rate as equal. The Monkey Wrench in that scenario is the Giants, who will almost certainly want to draft the heir apparent to Manning. Flipping picks with the G-Men? Maybe. Taking the third best qb? No way in hell is that happening again. We took 4th best Kizer- and wound up with egg on our faces.
BTW, I'm all for doubling down on QBs like the Redskins did with RG III and Cousins- LOL, but not @ #1, & #4, as has been suggested. Some have us taking best qb at #1, and this guy: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018MFitzpatrick.php @ #4. Sounds like a younger Joe Haden. I'll have a better opinion after the Alabama- Clemson Bowl game- I'll be on the lookout.
-
Maybe, but nor are the others that may claim eligibility? Both play QB & we need 3. Both still sitting on board say after pick 22? Some team always moves up from 2nd round to take 5th year option on a QB? Rudolph maybe that guy based on completion percentage alone.
With our QB room? I would not be bothered if they picked up a guy at either #1 or #4 overall (you know...they may not draft a QB at #1)....and then pick up a guy with one of our 3 picks in round 2.
If Rudolph dropped...I may like to see him be that guy. I mean....what are they going to do...keep either Kessler or Hogan?
But you know...I have a feeling that Rudolph would probably go at least late 1st round. Think of the teams that need to start looking at QBOTF, even though they are good now: Pats, Saints, Steelers, Chargers, Cardinals, maybe Vikings, maybe Packers, Redskins, Giants clearly, Bills, plus Browns.....
That is at least 10 teams that could be in the market for a QB.
If Rudolph dropped...I may like to see him be that guy. I mean....what are they going to do...keep either Kessler or Hogan?
My hope is with Hue or not,Dorsey won’t dik’around with 1st pick.Take your QB with the guts & arm talent to change a losing culture. Don’t risk teams trading up from Houston pick. The winner of Hogan & Kessler may only be the one willing to play at PS rates. Both need a development league but not on Browns dime anymore..pending FA QB moves, Dorsey may determine 1or 2 out of this QB class
-
Yeah so was Weeden. i'm so scared of the Big 12 QBs, which includes Baker Mayfield.
Well, I'm scared of Notre Dame Qbs- and we got Kizer. Mayfield is nothing like We-done. I'd suggest watching the Rose Bowl New Year's Day.
Allen is the QB who is taken in round one and gets that GM the sack within two years.
Amen there London. Cal's got this (wrong) idea that somehow Allen is accurate- he's not- by a long shot. Sure he's got a big arm, in a puff piece before the Potato Bowl they showed him throwing a pass 80 yards in the air. If a big arm was all it took, we'd already be comparing Deshone Kizer to Ben Roethlisberger....
With our QB room? I would not be bothered if they picked up a guy at either #1 or #4 overall (you know...they may not draft a QB at #1)....and then pick up a guy with one of our 3 picks in round 2.
If Rudolph dropped...I may like to see him be that guy. I mean....what are they going to do...keep either Kessler or Hogan?
But you know...I have a feeling that Rudolph would probably go at least late 1st round. Think of the teams that need to start looking at QBOTF, even though they are good now: Pats, Saints, Steelers, Chargers, Cardinals, maybe Vikings, maybe Packers, Redskins, Giants clearly, Bills, plus Browns.....
That is at least 10 teams that could be in the market for a QB.
The fans just might riot if we don't take a qb @ #1 overall Gip- not that we could do anything about it. The only way that's not happening is if someone wants to sell the ranch to move up to that spot. Depending on who's doing the selling- we can easily move back up from #4 to #2 to get the qb- assuming we have a couple guys we rate as equal. The Monkey Wrench in that scenario is the Giants, who will almost certainly want to draft the heir apparent to Manning. Flipping picks with the G-Men? Maybe. Taking the third best qb? No way in hell is that happening again. We took 4th best Kizer- and wound up with egg on our faces.
BTW, I'm all for doubling down on QBs like the Redskins did with RG III and Cousins- LOL, but not @ #1, & #4, as has been suggested. Some have us taking best qb at #1, and this guy: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018MFitzpatrick.php @ #4. Sounds like a younger Joe Haden. I'll have a better opinion after the Alabama- Clemson Bowl game- I'll be on the lookout.
Well, I'm scared of Notre Dame Qbs- and we got Kizer. Mayfield is nothing like We-done. I'd suggest watching the Rose Bowl New Year's Day.
True, ND QBs haven't done much since Joe Montanna. I know everyone talking down Kizer, but he never had a Vet to teach him anything. Let's bring in Alex Smith so he and Josh allen or Sam Darnel can learn behind him.
-
Yeah so was Weeden. i'm so scared of the Big 12 QBs, which includes Baker Mayfield.
Well, I'm scared of Notre Dame Qbs- and we got Kizer. Mayfield is nothing like We-done. I'd suggest watching the Rose Bowl New Year's Day.
Allen is the QB who is taken in round one and gets that GM the sack within two years.
Amen there London. Cal's got this (wrong) idea that somehow Allen is accurate- he's not- by a long shot. Sure he's got a big arm, in a puff piece before the Potato Bowl they showed him throwing a pass 80 yards in the air. If a big arm was all it took, we'd already be comparing Deshone Kizer to Ben Roethlisberger....
With our QB room? I would not be bothered if they picked up a guy at either #1 or #4 overall (you know...they may not draft a QB at #1)....and then pick up a guy with one of our 3 picks in round 2.
If Rudolph dropped...I may like to see him be that guy. I mean....what are they going to do...keep either Kessler or Hogan?
But you know...I have a feeling that Rudolph would probably go at least late 1st round. Think of the teams that need to start looking at QBOTF, even though they are good now: Pats, Saints, Steelers, Chargers, Cardinals, maybe Vikings, maybe Packers, Redskins, Giants clearly, Bills, plus Browns.....
That is at least 10 teams that could be in the market for a QB.
The fans just might riot if we don't take a qb @ #1 overall Gip- not that we could do anything about it. The only way that's not happening is if someone wants to sell the ranch to move up to that spot. Depending on who's doing the selling- we can easily move back up from #4 to #2 to get the qb- assuming we have a couple guys we rate as equal. The Monkey Wrench in that scenario is the Giants, who will almost certainly want to draft the heir apparent to Manning. Flipping picks with the G-Men? Maybe. Taking the third best qb? No way in hell is that happening again. We took 4th best Kizer- and wound up with egg on our faces.
BTW, I'm all for doubling down on QBs like the Redskins did with RG III and Cousins- LOL, but not @ #1, & #4, as has been suggested. Some have us taking best qb at #1, and this guy: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018MFitzpatrick.php @ #4. Sounds like a younger Joe Haden. I'll have a better opinion after the Alabama- Clemson Bowl game- I'll be on the lookout.
Well, I'm scared of Notre Dame Qbs- and we got Kizer. Mayfield is nothing like We-done. I'd suggest watching the Rose Bowl New Year's Day.
Amen there London. Cal's got this (wrong) idea that somehow Allen is accurate- he's not- by a long shot. Sure he's got a big arm, in a puff piece before the Potato Bowl they showed him throwing a pass 80 yards in the air. If a big arm was all it took, we'd already be comparing Deshone Kizer to Ben Roethlisberger....
The fans just might riot if we don't take a qb @ #1 overall Gip- not that we could do anything about it. The only way that's not happening is if someone wants to sell the ranch to move up to that spot. Depending on who's doing the selling- we can easily move back up from #4 to #2 to get the qb- assuming we have a couple guys we rate as equal. The Monkey Wrench in that scenario is the Giants, who will almost certainly want to draft the heir apparent to Manning. Flipping picks with the G-Men? Maybe. Taking the third best qb? No way in hell is that happening again. We took 4th best Kizer- and wound up with egg on our faces.
BTW, I'm all for doubling down on QBs like the Redskins did with RG III and Cousins- LOL, but not @ #1, & #4, as has been suggested. Some have us taking best qb at #1, and this guy: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018MFitzpatrick.php @ #4. Sounds like a younger Joe Haden. I'll have a better opinion after the Alabama- Clemson Bowl game- I'll be on the lookout.
The "Monkey Wrench" is the fact that none of these QBs seem to be at all #1 overall worthy. They really don't. No telling if the #3 QB taken may be the best QB out there. It would not surprise me...at all, if that were the case.
While I also hate the whole "moving down thing"....I very well may not be opposed to trading #1 overall to the Giants, or the Jets or the Broncos...in exchange for their #1 plus their second round pick. There really ain't no consensus that the guy taken #1 is any better at all than the guy ranked #6 or 7.
Fair to say? Give me that extra pick in the second round...give us 4 second rounders....and with one of them I WILL take a second QB.
-
If Rudolph dropped...I may like to see him be that guy. I mean....what are they going to do...keep either Kessler or Hogan?
My hope is with Hue or not,Dorsey won’t dik’around with 1st pick.Take your QB with the guts & arm talent to change a losing culture. Don’t risk teams trading up from Houston pick. The winner of Hogan & Kessler may only be the one willing to play at PS rates. Both need a development league but not on Browns dime anymore..pending FA QB moves, Dorsey may determine 1or 2 out of this QB class
My hope is with Hue or not,Dorsey won’t dik’around with 1st pick.Take your QB with the guts & arm talent to change a losing culture. Don’t risk teams trading up from Houston pick. The winner of Hogan & Kessler may only be the one willing to play at PS rates. Both need a development league but not on Browns dime anymore..pending FA QB moves, Dorsey may determine 1or 2 out of this QB class
Who is that QB that you take #1 that IS going to change the losing culture? Who IS going to have the guts and arm talent? I am NOT seeing him.
But, you are right.....we ALL have no choice but to let Dorsey figure it out.
And...you never know...Rudolph may still be in the mix.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login