Skip to content

DARNOLD = WHITE KIZER

The Browns Board
76 30 2.8k
  • his passes stay afloat for 5 minutes before coming down

  • Yeah i still think he's the #2 or #3 prospect, like he'll be better than that bum paxton lynch...?.......but yeah he's another shotgun ginger i really dont want in clev. Did he take even one snap under center today?

  • I think Darnold is a talented prospect. He made some passes tonight that were absolute dimes. A less mobile QB would have gotten sacked at least a dozen times.

    But he needs to go back to school. He needs to take care of the ball better (duh) and he has to tighten up with throwing motion. He drops the ball down to his waist and then winds up to throw. In the NFL, where windows are smaller, this elongated throwing motion can be the difference between complete passes and passes knocked down or intercepted.

    And if he stays in school, the Browns will be waiting for him with the 2019 #1 overall pick... 😆

  • too bad Thorson got hurt early on. Can't wait to watch Mayfield play now.

  • Yeah i still think he's the #2 or #3 prospect, like he'll be better than that bum paxton lynch...?.......but yeah he's another shotgun ginger i really dont want in clev. Did he take even one snap under center today?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Yeah i still think he's the #2 or #3 prospect, like he'll be better than that bum paxton lynch...?.......but yeah he's another shotgun ginger i really dont want in clev. Did he take even one snap under center today?

    Unfortunately it's 2017.

    There aren't a lot of snaps under center in college football anymore for any QBs...

  • #TeamBakerMayfield

  • #TeamBakerMayfield

    @stillmotion said:

    #TeamBakerMayfield

    You like Mayfield?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Yeah i still think he's the #2 or #3 prospect, like he'll be better than that bum paxton lynch...?.......but yeah he's another shotgun ginger i really dont want in clev. Did he take even one snap under center today?

    Unfortunately it's 2017.

    There aren't a lot of snaps under center in college football anymore for any QBs...

    @dutch-oven said:

    Unfortunately it's 2017.

    There aren't a lot of snaps under center in college football anymore for any QBs...

    Rosen goes under center. And looks just as confirtable and proficient

  • @stillmotion said:

    #TeamBakerMayfield

    You like Mayfield?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You like Mayfield?

    He's proven to be better than D'arnold, and not have such a lack of character that a whole college hates him like Rosen.

    Rosen = Bust

    D'arnold = Bust

    Mayfield = Solid NFL Career coming

    quote me on that forever, i'm going full Ghoolie.

    Just wait and see, or bet me if you think I'm wrong.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Unfortunately it's 2017.

    There aren't a lot of snaps under center in college football anymore for any QBs...

    Rosen goes under center. And looks just as confirtable and proficient

    @clevfan4life said:

    Rosen goes under center. And looks just as confirtable and proficient

    That's true. Another reason to like him.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Rosen goes under center. And looks just as confirtable and proficient

    That's true. Another reason to like him.

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's true. Another reason to like him.

    Sigh, yes it is. And this offseason will be all about how josh rosen is trying to weasel out of going to the browns. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You like Mayfield?

    He's proven to be better than D'arnold, and not have such a lack of character that a whole college hates him like Rosen.

    Rosen = Bust

    D'arnold = Bust

    Mayfield = Solid NFL Career coming

    quote me on that forever, i'm going full Ghoolie.

    Just wait and see, or bet me if you think I'm wrong.

    @stillmotion said:

    He's proven to be better than D'arnold, and not have such a lack of character that a whole college hates him like Rosen.

    Rosen = Bust

    D'arnold = Bust

    Mayfield = Solid NFL Career coming

    quote me on that forever, i'm going full Ghoolie.

    Just wait and see, or bet me if you think I'm wrong.

    I bet you are on the verge of going all PoG/Hogan over Baker Mayfield. 😆

  • @dutch-oven said:

    That's true. Another reason to like him.

    Sigh, yes it is. And this offseason will be all about how josh rosen is trying to weasel out of going to the browns. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Sigh, yes it is. And this offseason will be all about how josh rosen is trying to weasel out of going to the browns. 

    That and I'm still concerned about the character issue with him a bit, and his injury history.

    On-the-field he's the only QB I'd take with either the #1 or #4 overall pick.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Sigh, yes it is. And this offseason will be all about how josh rosen is trying to weasel out of going to the browns. 

    That and I'm still concerned about the character issue with him a bit, and his injury history.

    On-the-field he's the only QB I'd take with either the #1 or #4 overall pick.

    @dutch-oven said:

    That and I'm still concerned about the character issue with him a bit, and his injury history.

    On-the-field he's the only QB I'd take with either the #1 or #4 overall pick.

    If we can get alex smith, id be ok with tooling the giants i the butt for them to move up one spot for rosen. We than take whoever with the #2. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You like Mayfield?

    He's proven to be better than D'arnold, and not have such a lack of character that a whole college hates him like Rosen.

    Rosen = Bust

    D'arnold = Bust

    Mayfield = Solid NFL Career coming

    quote me on that forever, i'm going full Ghoolie.

    Just wait and see, or bet me if you think I'm wrong.

    @stillmotion said:

    He's proven to be better than D'arnold, and not have such a lack of character that a whole college hates him like Rosen.

    Rosen = Bust

    D'arnold = Bust

    Mayfield = Solid NFL Career coming

    quote me on that forever, i'm going full Ghoolie.

    Just wait and see, or bet me if you think I'm wrong.

    Rosens a bust huh? And u know that how? Cause right now he's twice the qb that wentz or goff were at this stage in their careers. It just depends on where they land. Had we taken wentz he's prob be out of the league already. Same goes with rosen if we draft him and start him right away. 

  • Darnold is more talented than ANY QB taken in the first round last year...

    He has the same passer rating as Deshaun Watson did his last year with fewer INTs and less talented o-line and receiving weapons.

    He actually throws the ball downfield, unlike Turbisky did.

    He may not be a "sure thing" pick, but hardly any of the successful QBs that have come out in the past 5 years have been. Id rank his potential up there with anybody from that time frame...

  • But for that punchable ginger face

  • You guys are seriously fukcked up.

    One guy things White Kiser can be taught out of his horrible habits by another year in college. 

    Just curious, can you name me any QB with glaring Schidt problems that magically had them "trained out?"

    This kid B L O W S.

    Seriously, he is White Kizer and you are jackoffs. You watch him throw several passes and then convince yourselves that the narrow glimpse of 4 good plays is REALLY representative of what he will be.....once HIS mechanics get fixed.

    Newsflash....you saw what he will become....in the NFL? he will be even less than what you saw tonight. No pocket awareness, floating Kizer balls, ints and fumbles, AND he looks like a homo.....seriously, I don't want to look at a homo.

    This kid can't play. He is White Kizer. BIG pass on Darnold.

  • Darnold is more talented than ANY QB taken in the first round last year...

    He has the same passer rating as Deshaun Watson did his last year with fewer INTs and less talented o-line and receiving weapons.

    He actually throws the ball downfield, unlike Turbisky did.

    He may not be a "sure thing" pick, but hardly any of the successful QBs that have come out in the past 5 years have been. Id rank his potential up there with anybody from that time frame...

    @thenew23 said:

    Darnold is more talented than ANY QB taken in the first round last year...

    He has the same passer rating as Deshaun Watson did his last year with fewer INTs and less talented o-line and receiving weapons.

    He actually throws the ball downfield, unlike Turbisky did.

    He may not be a "sure thing" pick, but hardly any of the successful QBs that have come out in the past 5 years have been. Id rank his potential up there with anybody from that time frame...

    Then you should get a job in the Browns FO. You would integrate seamlessly with those jackoffs.

  • Here's my quick assessment after watching last night. First, I am very pro coming out of school if you are considered a first round pick. All these guys who say that Darnold should stay in school, need to look at injury history and the chance to lose millions. No matter what you think of Darnold, he needs to come out and get paid while he still can. Second, there were moments when I watched Darnold and I thought, wow, he is jittery and does not work well from the pocket at all. Bad throws, terrible reads, etc. Then, he made about 5 unbelievable pin point throws deep down the field with accuracy that no browns qb has made in a long time. NFL type throws. He was mobile enough when he could be and showed he has the potential to create when things break down. His line is God Awful. I watched the Buckeyes play enough this year to know their line is very good, but not that dominate. When he had a pocket to throw, he nailed it for the most part. Final thoughts: 1) he needs to come out because I don't think he is going to get better staying in school 2) He's going in the top 5 if he comes out, no doubt. Everyone who thinks he will drop forgets NFL drafts on potential and he has lots of it  3.) He needs to sit at least the first 6 weeks of an nfl season 4.) I have no idea how I feel about him. One minute I see a guy who has amazing potential and the other I think of how bad the browns could screw him up

    Just out of curiosity, if no Darnold, whose your guy? The browns are taking a qb in the top 5 this year. There is no doubt about it. Fans would riot if they did not. I have no idea what qb the browns should draft. I lean towards Rosen, because I think his physical tools are clearly NFL ready. I'm not so sure about his head though. Darnold, see above. Allen has the physical tools but I see more Kizer and Lynch in him, than I do Elway.  Mayfield, I think, is a system qb. I would take him in the 2nd or later and let him compete, but not in the top 5. No matter what,  I now firmly believe  the Browns need to bring in a veteran qb (Smith, Bridgewater, McCarron, etc) and draft one of the these guys and let them sit for at least a year. If we are going to do this I would go Darnold, Rosen, Allen...If we plan on playing the guy from day 1, it's Josh Rosen #1 all day.